GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 304 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,490
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,333
Posts1,058,811
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Homeland [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #751151
12/02/13 06:02 PM
12/02/13 06:02 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
This has been a GREAT season! Only 2 episodes left until the season finale. Wow, what a show!

Re: Homeland [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #753580
12/15/13 03:20 PM
12/15/13 03:20 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I cried watching finale. But I'm not sure why they have renewed the show. Let's hope it doesn't become another Dexter. ohwell It could've gracefully finished right here.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Homeland [Re: afsaneh77] #755590
12/26/13 01:02 PM
12/26/13 01:02 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
I cried watching finale. But I'm not sure why they have renewed the show. Let's hope it doesn't become another Dexter. ohwell It could've gracefully finished right here.

It was a fantastic finale! And I tend to agree with you in that if they had decided to end the overall series with this episode, it would have been a graceful finish.

However something tells me that they have something up there sleeve for a new plot or that we are in store for some kind of a surprise.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Homeland [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #755703
12/27/13 04:59 AM
12/27/13 04:59 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Seriously?? ANOTHER good series??

I haven't seen it -- nor a number of other reportedly good series... but I should be happy about that!

Haven't seen this one yet. Still catching up on American Horror Stories -- which has been really good! tongue

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Homeland [Re: J Geoff] #755731
12/27/13 11:01 AM
12/27/13 11:01 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Still catching up on American Horror Stories -- which has been really good! tongue

I just finished watching the first 2 seasons of AHS. Very enjoyable.

As for Homeland, the writing and twists are both phenomenal! Don't know if you were a fan of "24" or not, but I put Homeland right up there with it.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Homeland [Re: Don Cardi] #755808
12/27/13 03:49 PM
12/27/13 03:49 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I don't have Showtime BUT for whatever reason Time Warner is giving me 3 free months of showtime for Christmas, including "on Demand." I'm happy to say that I've watched first two seasons (I'm on the Season 2 Finale) and am enjoying it. smile

I must say that, with the exception of Saul, I don't really find most of the characters likeable (including Carrie) BUT not necessary to enjoy the show.

Btw, I can watch thru season 3. How many seasons have there been? confused

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Homeland [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #755839
12/27/13 06:13 PM
12/27/13 06:13 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I don't have Showtime BUT for whatever reason Time Warner is giving me 3 free months of showtime for Christmas, including "on Demand." I'm happy to say that I've watched first two seasons (I'm on the Season 2 Finale) and am enjoying it. smile

I must say that, with the exception of Saul, I don't really find most of the characters likeable (including Carrie) BUT not necessary to enjoy the show.

Btw, I can watch thru season 3. How many seasons have there been? confused

TIS

Season 3 has just finished and a 4th one has been comfirmed most likely to start next Autumn. Not to ruin anything TIS but i'd imagine after season 3 Saul will not be that likable for you anymore. For me Quinn is the only likable one left, but while it's a perfectly valid observation i personally don't see why this is essential to enjoy the show. Btw TIS, i'm not referring to you here someone on another site brought up a similar point, on the likabilty of characters being essential to the shows quality.

As i've seen most here love the Sopranos but i can't see any character that's likable there for instance. Maybe in the first few episodes or maybe the first season, Tonys family are likable, when you see the full show you notice that they aren't (at least me) .

Again TIS none of this was directed at you i just thought you brought up a relevant point.

Re: Homeland [Re: Camarel] #755841
12/27/13 06:22 PM
12/27/13 06:22 PM
California

California
Camarel,

No offense taken.

As I said in my post above, "it is not necessary (to like characters) to enjoy the show." I agree with you but usually a film/show has a couple likeable people.

ie: I agree. Lot of despicable characters in the Sopranos too and the show was still great.

Oh, and back to Homeland, Brody's daughter is one of the most unlikeable IMHO. rolleyes

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 12/27/13 06:26 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Homeland [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #755843
12/27/13 06:41 PM
12/27/13 06:41 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Camarel,

No offense taken.

As I said in my post above, "it is not necessary (to like characters) to enjoy the show." I agree with you but usually a film/show has a couple likeable people.

ie: I agree. Lot of despicable characters in the Sopranos too and the show was still great.

Oh, and back to Homeland, Brody's daughter is one of the most unlikeable IMHO. rolleyes

TIS

Can i ask what episode you are on TIS? I'm just wondering when people start disliking Brodys daughter or getting annoyed with her involvment in the series at all.

Re: Homeland [Re: Camarel] #755846
12/27/13 06:48 PM
12/27/13 06:48 PM
California

California
I'm season 3, episode 1 but I've pretty much found Brody's daughter annoying from the beginning.

Also, Brody sure is confusing to me. I never feel I can totally trust him. confused

TIS

Re: Homeland [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #755848
12/27/13 06:49 PM
12/27/13 06:49 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Camarel,

No offense taken.

TIS

I have just noticed your, "it is not necessary (to like characters) to enjoy the show." I apologize i may have read this too hastily, and i appreciate you pointing this out to me, thanks. Again i'd like to say that nothing i typed there was directed to you, and i understand you said this yourself but i'd just like to reiterate this so there is no misunderstanding.

Re: Homeland [Re: Camarel] #755849
12/27/13 06:52 PM
12/27/13 06:52 PM
California

California
No problem Camarel! smile

Carrie tends to go off the deep end at times no? lol

It is a good show.

TIS

Re: Homeland [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #755850
12/27/13 06:56 PM
12/27/13 06:56 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
I'm season 3, episode 1 but I've pretty much found Brody's daughter annoying from the beginning.

Also, Brody sure is confusing to me. I never feel I can totally trust him. confused

TIS

That's pretty much it TIS you aren't meant to trust him, if you've watched the first 2 seasons you know he lied about his initial claims. I wont post any spoilers here so i don't ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Re: Homeland [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #755853
12/27/13 07:03 PM
12/27/13 07:03 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
No problem Camarel! smile

Carrie tends to go off the deep end at times no? lol

It is a good show.

TIS

Couldn't agree more! The actress (forgot her name) performs the deluded but useful part perfectly, Carrie has problems with perception, because of this i have yet to rule out that it will be revealed at the end that Carrie imagined everything that happened in Homeland.

Re: Homeland [Re: Camarel] #756049
12/28/13 08:23 PM
12/28/13 08:23 PM
California

California
Ok, I'm all caught up. smile Watched all 3 seasons. I really enjoyed it. Sort of like a roller coaster, not knowing what is gonna happen. Carrie is kind of a complicated "out there" character, who's good at her job but does take a lot of chances.

Wasn't at all sure where the Brody story might end and kept thinking something would happen last minute.

I can't stand the Dick Cheney guy, who took Saul's place. Man, he's just out for power & blood. I keep hoping he'll get his embarrassing moment/s. rolleyes

Now, I'll have to see season 4 on-line since I don't have showtime. Maybe you guys can keep me posted as to where I can watch.

TIS

Re: Homeland [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #756390
12/30/13 11:00 PM
12/30/13 11:00 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
This is one of those shows I want to watch and don't, for one reason or another. We watched a few episodes and enjoyed them, but since we were mid-season, it was mostly confusing. I need to do what TIS did and watch the seasons in one big marathon.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Homeland [Re: Sicilian Babe] #756393
12/30/13 11:43 PM
12/30/13 11:43 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
This is one of those shows I want to watch and don't, for one reason or another. We watched a few episodes and enjoyed them, but since we were mid-season, it was mostly confusing. I need to do what TIS did and watch the seasons in one big marathon.

SB,

I agree. I only watched because they had ALL seasons in order. It would be too confusing to watch random episodes or just 1 season alone. I see there is a Breaking Bad marathon on as well but I have know idea what season they are showing. If I watch I want to see it from the beginning.

Anyway, Homeland is good. If you get a chance see if you can see it. smile

TIS

Re: Homeland [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #756840
01/03/14 02:55 AM
01/03/14 02:55 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Ok, I'm all caught up. smile Watched all 3 seasons. I really enjoyed it. Sort of like a roller coaster, not knowing what is gonna happen. Carrie is kind of a complicated "out there" character, who's good at her job but does take a lot of chances.

Wasn't at all sure where the Brody story might end and kept thinking something would happen last minute.

I can't stand the Dick Cheney guy, who took Saul's place. Man, he's just out for power & blood. I keep hoping he'll get his embarrassing moment/s. rolleyes

Now, I'll have to see season 4 on-line since I don't have showtime. Maybe you guys can keep me posted as to where I can watch.

TIS

Good to hear your thoughts TIS smile . I especially enjoyed your calling the evil Senator guy, the Dick Cheney guy lol , that's exactly who he is lol .

TIS, i've showed you twice, and Don Cardi has at least once showed you where to watch American Horror Story online. Both times i showed you, i explained after that what i sent was not a virus. I would have no problem keeping you posted on where to watch it, if you accept that i'm not sending you viruses smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull