GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (chin_gigante), 126 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,771
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,329
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,414
Posts1,060,499
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Paulie would become the head boss of the family. [Re: jace] #705126
03/22/13 06:48 PM
03/22/13 06:48 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: jace
Didn't Tony Soprano say in one episode that they had mistaken the info that" a fat guy" was talking to law, r cooperating, and that it was what made them think it was Jimmy, when it turned out to be the Vince Pastore character Pussy?

Yes. That's actually the first thing I mentioned when I started this whole thing, seems like most overlooked that. If you've watched the season's thoroughly, from the first season about the time to when Pussy got whacked, it's obvious Jimmy wasn't the rat they were talking about and he wasn't cooperating at all. Pussy had been cooperating long before Jimmy even came onto the scene. Tony finally remembered this in a flashback scene about a Christmas party where Pussy was late and he was playing Santa for the children and they kept poking fun at him in the suit and kept touching him and he kept getting angry and telling them to stop. Tony then realized, long after the fact, that Pussy was wired.

Re: Paulie would become the head boss of the family. [Re: scarfacetm] #705128
03/22/13 06:51 PM
03/22/13 06:51 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: scarfacetm
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
The guy then says "Jimmy Alteri ate the pill for you". Meaning, Jimmy was sacrificed for the sake of Pussy staying alive and being able to gather more information.

That doesn't exactly prove that Jimmy wasn't a rat. All that implies is that Pussy's handler knew that Tony and the rest were suspecting a rat especially when both of them got out easy, but figured Tony assumed when Jimmy went that they had got the rat and there was no need to keep fishing.

The thing is, Jimmy was asking a lot of questions about operations and not just to get in on them, he wanted very in depth details of what was going down.

What? "eating/ate the pill" is a term that directly implies sacrifice. Jimmy wasn't a rat.

The only questions Jimmy were asking had to do with money, he felt that he should be given more of what the operation was, which was when they took the money from the drug dealing cubans, Jimmy wanted in on that but felt he wasn't being fed his share of the pie, that's why he was asking questions.

Re: Paulie would become the head boss of the family. [Re: SinatraClub] #705460
03/24/13 12:05 AM
03/24/13 12:05 AM
massachusetts
scarfacetm Offline
Underboss
scarfacetm  Offline
Underboss
massachusetts
Originally Posted By: scarfacetm
The guy then says "Jimmy Alteri ate the pill for you". Meaning, Jimmy was sacrificed for the sake of Pussy staying alive and being able to gather more information.

That doesn't exactly prove that Jimmy wasn't a rat. All that implies is that Pussy's handler knew that Tony and the rest were suspecting a rat especially when both of them got out easy, but figured Tony assumed when Jimmy went that they had got the rat and there was no need to keep fishing.

The thing is, Jimmy was asking a lot of questions about operations and not just to get in on them, he wanted very in depth details of what was going down.

What? "eating/ate the pill" is a term that directly implies sacrifice. Jimmy wasn't a rat.

The only questions Jimmy were asking had to do with money, he felt that he should be given more of what the operation was, which was when they took the money from the drug dealing cubans, Jimmy wanted in on that but felt he wasn't being fed his share of the pie, that's why he was asking questions.
I know what "eating the pill" means. Jimmy was asking for information on stuff he already knew about in detail. To say "jimmy ate the pill for you" could also imply that Pussy's FBI handler knew Jimmy was a rat as well and knew Tony would suspect one so when Jimmy turned up dead he figured that Pussy wouldn't have to worry.

"Death is the answer to all problems. No man, no problem."

"I'd rather be hated for who i am, than loved for who i am not"
Re: Paulie would become the head boss of the family. [Re: Wilson] #705498
03/24/13 07:57 AM
03/24/13 07:57 AM
LCN1987 Offline
Mannaggia alla miseria
LCN1987  Offline
Mannaggia alla miseria
Capo
It's however you interpret it. In my view he was a rat. He didn't even try to deny it when Silvio said "Why don't you call for help on your radio mike?". He just says "Mother of God".

It's never verified whether he was a rat or not. But come on, his stupid questions and info seeking really gives him away I believe.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull