GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Ben54, Toodoped), 58 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,128
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,386
Posts1,059,762
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 132 of 141 1 2 130 131 132 133 134 140 141
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #675056
11/08/12 01:25 PM
11/08/12 01:25 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
So Hillary is leaving next year. Why so soon? Does she need a rest before 2014? grin

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/d...553f_story.html

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Election 2012 [Re: pizzaboy] #675057
11/08/12 01:27 PM
11/08/12 01:27 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Obama didn't so much win this election as Romney lost it. Romney was never a strong candidate--he never got 50% of the vote in the primaries except until the very end. He was an unconvincing campaigner.

But the surge he achieved after the first debate was telling: Obama behaved in the first debate as he has in office: detached, aloof, contemptuous, seemingly not caring about the outcome. A lot of '08 Obama supporters who've been disappointed in him showed their disappointment after that debate because they saw in his performance exactly what they'd been seeing for the past four years.

I wish Obama well in the next four years. I always wish our Presidents well--if they succeed, we all succeed. But, no President has ever done better in his second term than in his first term.

+1 on everything my favorite Arizona transplant just posted smile.

I, too, was very disappointed in Obama's first term, after being very vocal in support of his 2008 campaign. But at the end of the day, Willard (thanks, Ronnie, now I keep calling him Willard) was just too out of touch and "flip-floppy."

I'll tell you this much (and the far left will hate me for this): If Willard had some of that folksy charm that Dubya had, he'd be celebrating right now. The guy is a mope.

Well said Turnbull and Pizzaboy. We don't need a far left and a far right. The voters told us that. We need to meet in the middle and settle these differences as a united country, not a red and blue country.

I also had the same thought about Romney's lack of likeability. I had many people I respect tell me that they voted for Bush in '04 because they liked him. He was not a stuffed shirt like Romney. Romney, quite frankly, reminded me of Kerry (if in demeanor only). Now they both share losing the election in common.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #675062
11/08/12 01:42 PM
11/08/12 01:42 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I'm still checking Huffpost's election results and it doesn't look like there is going to be a a winner projected for Florida. They said there was 9000 absentee ballot to count. Wonder why it has to take this long. On another strange note, Washington is at 58% reporting. confused Did that approval of marijuana messure had anything to do with the counting process? grin

Re: Election 2012 [Re: afsaneh77] #675064
11/08/12 01:50 PM
11/08/12 01:50 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

To TB and PB, I think you guys are vastly underestimating the accomplishment of Obama's first term. I am not going to list them here or now due to time constraints, however I strongly recommend "The New New Deal," an excellent book spelling out the enormity of change he has brought about.

The problem is few people comrehend what he accomplished, and the problem lies with Obama and his team for failing to get the word out.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Election 2012 [Re: dontomasso] #675068
11/08/12 02:00 PM
11/08/12 02:00 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
To TB and PB, I think you guys are vastly underestimating the accomplishment of Obama's first term. I am not going to list them here or now due to time constraints, however I strongly recommend "The New New Deal," an excellent book spelling out the enormity of change he has brought about.

The problem is few people comrehend what he accomplished, and the problem lies with Obama and his team for failing to get the word out.

Well said. I couldn't agree more. I mean there were things that I only heard from Clinton at the convention.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: afsaneh77] #675072
11/08/12 02:08 PM
11/08/12 02:08 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77

Well said. I couldn't agree more. I mean there were things that I only heard from Clinton at the convention.

I feel the way I feel. I voted for the guy, but if the Republicans had a better candidate I probably would have voted for him instead.

And I've gone out of my way to root Obama on in his second term. If he fails, the country fails. It makes zero sense to root against him (even if you're a Righty).

But let's not turn the guy into FDR. Because he's not.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: pizzaboy] #675075
11/08/12 02:27 PM
11/08/12 02:27 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I feel the way I feel.

Isn't this the whole point? It's not like I'm telling you not to feel this way, it's just that I feel what you feel is unfair and I agree with someone saying otherwise. No, I'm not American, but on many occasions I wish that I was. And I never want the US to fail. If I think Obama was not only the better of these two, but also a very good choice right now I'd have not said so.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: afsaneh77] #675077
11/08/12 02:35 PM
11/08/12 02:35 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
So Hillary is leaving next year. Why so soon? Does she need a rest before 2014? grin

Not sure, but she's probably just tired right now. She deserves the rest. And like I said the other day, I just don't think she's electable. If you're a supporter (and she has many), you'd hate to see her put everything into running only to lose again. It will be costly and draining, both physically and mentally. And she'll be almost 70. I just can't see it.

I wonder who the favorite is to replace her as Secretary?

Kerry makes sense now that the Dems have a larger majority in the Senate than before. But I think Susan Rice has too much Benghazi stink on her. Who the hell knows?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: afsaneh77] #675078
11/08/12 02:41 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I feel the way I feel.

Isn't this the whole point? It's not like I'm telling you not to feel this way, it's just that I feel what you feel is unfair and I agree with someone saying otherwise. No, I'm not American, but on many occasions I wish that I was. And I never want the US to fail. If I think Obama was not only the better of these two, but also a very good choice right now I'd have not said so.

Did I ever throw that up to your face? confused

It's very clear that you wish you were American. You live in a war-torn, third-world hellhole. Who wouldn't wish they were American if they came from where you come from?

Our political beliefs are actually pretty close, Afs.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: pizzaboy] #675079
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Not sure, but she's probably just tired right now. She deserves the rest. And like I said the other day, I just don't think she's electable. If you're a supporter (and she has many), you'd hate to see her put everything into running only to lose again. It will be costly and draining, both physically and mentally. And she'll be almost 70. I just can't see it.

I know, I said so myself, she is not electable. She didn't survive the primary last time. But she is so ambitious to be the first woman president, it seems she doesn't care if she loses. Oh, well. ohwell

Re: Election 2012 [Re: pizzaboy] #675080
11/08/12 02:46 PM
11/08/12 02:46 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai

Not really, you're all great. smile

Re: Election 2012 [Re: afsaneh77] #675081
11/08/12 02:48 PM
11/08/12 02:48 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Not really, you're all great. smile

Cool grin.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: pizzaboy] #675087
11/08/12 03:53 PM
11/08/12 03:53 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

I want s moratorium on 2016! Good lord we just got over an election that began in 2010 when the tea party took over the House and the conventional wisdom was that Obama was a reincarnation of Jimmy Carter. Now I see they are already talking about a Bush (Jeb) Clinton (Hilary) rematch. IMHO its time for both of these retreads to go out to pasture. Jeb's time has passed, and he probably would have made a much better president than his brother, but them's the breaks. As for Hillary, I think she deserves to be very proud of her outstanding record as First Lady, Senator and Secretary of State. She should write some memoirs, make some money and enjoy her life.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Election 2012 [Re: dontomasso] #675088
11/08/12 03:59 PM
11/08/12 03:59 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I don't know how many of you on either side of the political aisle registered to get political mail/updates from numerous sites/organizations, BUT if you did, isn't it refreshing to have empty mailboxes today? Geez, thank God it's over. lol

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Election 2012 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #675090
11/08/12 04:02 PM
11/08/12 04:02 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I don't know how many of you on either side of the political aisle registered to get political mail/updates from numerous sites/organizations, BUT if you did, isn't it refreshing to have empty mailboxes today? Geez, thank God it's over. lol

TIS

AMEN. The land line has stopped ringing, the e mails and facebook stuf has ALMOST stopped. I need a break!

Re: Election 2012 [Re: afsaneh77] #675101
11/08/12 04:52 PM
11/08/12 04:52 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline OP
ronnierocketAGO  Offline OP
R

East Tennessee

That's true, Ronnie. There isn't much cohesion among the Latino groups as a whole. The "rivalry" between them often borders on hatred (Mexicans vs. Puerto Ricans, Puerto Ricans vs. Dominicans, etc.). I hear it all the time here in New York (where, unlike Tennessee, we actually live among these folks tongue grin ).

Interesting enough, unless my data is wrong, Obama actually won the Cuban vote in Florida. And that I would, by gutcheck, attribute to the further assimilation of successive generations of Cuban-Americans who are now more American and less Cuban, and less attachment in regards to Fidel/Cuba unlike their parents or grandparents.

Originally Posted By: klydon1

The Republicans lost 9 of the 10 Senate races where Rove's Crossroads organizations pumped in the most money. It's apparently not as easy to buy an election as it used to be.

It's sorta hard to win Senate elections when you publicly expouse God's will and sanction of rape. (Which surprisingly turns women off. Who knew?) Seriously I look at Murdoch in Indiana who lost Lugar's old seat held for decades because he's a lunatic and had to let everybody know about it.

You know speaking of which, how about the Kenyan consider Lugar for his new Cabinet? (State or Defense.)

Now I see they are already talking about a Bush (Jeb) Clinton (Hilary) rematch. IMHO its time for both of these retreads to go out to pasture. Jeb's time has passed, and he probably would have made a much better president than his brother, but them's the breaks. As for Hillary, I think she deserves to be very proud of her outstanding record as First Lady, Senator and Secretary of State. She should write some memoirs, make some money and enjoy her life.

I just think Jeb is still screwed by his last name. Consider that the Kenyan had Bubba running all over the place as the most popular Ex-President, while Dubya stayed home and quiet and I'm certain it's because Willard politely told him to keep enjoying retirement. Both McCain and now Willard were hanged with Dubya's failures.

I was MIA for a few months, but is it true Willard refused to invite Palin to the RNC this year? What was that all about?

My Hillary conspiracy theory is popular so far, and I'll stick with it. Quite frankly she would be a much better candidate than Biden, but we'll see what shakes out. If she's heavy campaigning, making appearances at the mid-terms, that means she'll be running. If the economy continues to improve and Obamacare is finally fully implemented, and no total fiascos* in the Kenyan's 2nd term, I would almost consider her the favorite of all the names all already bandied about.

But 4 years is 40 years.

*=Which unfortunately seem to be a requirement with 2nd terms.

I can suggest more countries, it's not like we've monopoly on gay bashing. They could also go to Saudi Arabia. I'm pretty sure many Arab countries in the ME would hang gays as well and not that woman friendly. tongue

In America, Wisconsin elected Tammy Baldwin to the Senate, the first openly gay Senator, beating former popular ex-Governor/Dubya cabinet member Tommy Thompson. Tells you how much America has changed in short relative time, Wisconsin banned gay marriage 6 years ago.

If we go by stereotypes about liberals, she went home that night and celebrated by getting stoned.

In Iran/Middle East, she would've gotten stoned too. Probably by boulders.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #675105
11/08/12 05:03 PM
11/08/12 05:03 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
If traditionally GOPers nominated runner-ups in the next go around, does that mean....Santorum '16?

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #675107
11/08/12 05:07 PM
11/08/12 05:07 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Ronnie, I was just trying to comment on "go to the one country in the world that loves your view on women and gays," by saying Iran is not the only screwed up country. Doesn't make it any less screwed up, it just isn't the only one.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: dontomasso] #675109
11/08/12 05:12 PM
11/08/12 05:12 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I want s moratorium on 2016!

Amen! lol clap

Re: Election 2012 [Re: afsaneh77] #675114
11/08/12 05:26 PM
11/08/12 05:26 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Ronnie, I was just trying to comment on "go to the one country in the world that loves your view on women and gays," by saying Iran is not the only screwed up country. Doesn't make it any less screwed up, it just isn't the only one.

I'm aware of that unfortunate reality.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #675116
11/08/12 05:31 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
^^^^
Ouch!! lol lol

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #675117
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

I'm aware of that unfortunate reality.

Terminator? lol

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #675121
11/08/12 05:35 PM
11/08/12 05:35 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

WASHINGTON -- Mitt Romney’s campaign conceded on Thursday that it lost Florida, as votes continue to be tallied more than 36 hours after the election was called for President Barack Obama.

"The numbers in Florida show this was winnable," Brett Doster, Romney's senior adviser in Florida, told the Miami Herald in a statement. "We thought based on our polling and range of organization that we had done what we needed to win. Obviously, we didn't, and for that I and every other operative in Florida has a sick feeling that we left something on the table. I can assure you this won't happen again.”

As of Thursday, the president maintained a narrow lead over Romney in the state, with 100 percent of precincts reporting. But the state had yet to count a total of 200,000 absentee and provisional ballots, which was larger than the president's lead of 55,825 votes.

Absentee ballots were still being tallied in nine counties: Broward, Duval, Escambia, Hillsborough, Miami-Dade, Okaloosa, Palm Beach, Pinellas and Putnam.

The Huffington Post reported on the chaos in Miami-Dade County, where voters faced long lines during early voting and a confusing 12-page ballot.

During a conference call on Thursday, Obama campaign manager Jim Messina told reporters he was confident the president would be named the official winner in Florida, pointing to a boost from Latino and youth voters and having won the messaging war on Medicare.

With a win in Florida, Obama finishes the election with 332 electoral votes, just 33 fewer than he won in his victory in 2008. He also won every battleground state except North Carolina.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #675126
11/08/12 05:44 PM
11/08/12 05:44 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Rove: Obama won "by suppressing the vote".

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/11/rove-obama-succeeded-by-suppressing-the-vote-149046.html

If we were in a crime movie, this is the scene when the loan sharks break his legs. Or worse. Seriously you don't blow $300-400 million and get ZILCH.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 11/08/12 05:48 PM.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #675128
11/08/12 05:57 PM
11/08/12 05:57 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
If traditionally GOPers nominated runner-ups in the next go around, does that mean....Santorum '16?

Please God no...

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #675140
11/08/12 06:26 PM
11/08/12 06:26 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

The GOP has a lot of issues they're going to have work on in the next 4 years. They have a problem with young people. They have a problem with women. They have a problem with African Americans and Asians. They have a gigantic problem with Latinos which will only get worse in 2016 if they don't change their policies.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Just Lou] #675144
11/08/12 06:45 PM
11/08/12 06:45 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: Just Lou
The GOP has a lot of issues they're going to have work on in the next 4 years. They have a problem with young people. They have a problem with women. They have a problem with African Americans and Asians. They have a gigantic problem with Latinos which will only get worse in 2016 if they don't change their policies.

That I certainly agree with. They have to drop that whole Tea Party sherade if they ever want to retake the white house.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Election 2012 [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #675150
11/08/12 07:07 PM
11/08/12 07:07 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Originally Posted By: Just Lou

That I certainly agree with. They have to drop that whole Tea Party sherade if they ever want to retake the white house.

Yeah, if the word Santorum is even mentioned in 2016, they're in trouble. His supporters are living in another century. And not necessarily the 20th century.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #675157
11/08/12 07:39 PM
11/08/12 07:39 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
I bolded that part because.....really?

Adviser: Romney "shellshocked" by loss

Mitt Romney's campaign got its first hint something was wrong on the afternoon of Election Day, when state campaign workers on the ground began reporting huge turnout in areas favorable to President Obama: northeastern Ohio, northern Virginia, central Florida and Miami-Dade.

Then came the early exit polls that also were favorable to the president.

But it wasn't until the polls closed that concern turned into alarm. They expected North Carolina to be called early. It wasn't. They expected Pennsylvania to be up in the air all night; it went early for the President.

After Ohio went for Mr. Obama, it was over, but senior advisers say no one could process it.

"We went into the evening confident we had a good path to victory," said one senior adviser. "I don't think there was one person who saw this coming."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57547239/adviser-romney-shellshocked-by-loss/

Well, Nate "the Great" Silver (as Skinny dubbed him) was right on the money.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #675158
11/08/12 07:42 PM
11/08/12 07:42 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Ego, Ronnie. Plain and simple. I honestly believe that he believed he'd win.

Page 132 of 141 1 2 130 131 132 133 134 140 141

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull