GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (The_Marble_Guy, 2 invisible), 285 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,493
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,925
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,843
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Philly Trial Starting [Re: spmob] #672552
10/27/12 10:14 PM
10/27/12 10:14 PM
southphilly old head Offline
Capo
southphilly old head  Offline
Capo
I also work and cant get to court, but think a rico charge is really hard to beat. As far as Orlando going up there and looking bad,it really is not gona be that way the whole trial. Dont you find it a little coincidental that the 2 weakest witnesses took the stand first. I bet that its a calculated decision so that the last few witnesses will be the strongest so it sticks in the jurys head

Last edited by southphilly old head; 10/27/12 10:15 PM.
Re: Philly Trial Starting [Re: merlino] #672562
10/27/12 10:52 PM
10/27/12 10:52 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

i know its off subject alittle but im reading about the old john stanfa trial if they had killed john veasey when they were shooting him point blank after learning he was co operating with the fbi all those guys would be free cause he killed the 3 guys that they all got life for, i think stanfa and them would have got time but with out veasey not life. there were alot of low lifes in stanfa trial but they all fell like domino's after veasy gave up the murders. was al pagamas a south philly legend his nickname is the one original that i never heard duplicated.

Re: Philly Trial Starting [Re: 22] #672626
10/28/12 11:43 AM
10/28/12 11:43 AM
T
tree Offline
Wiseguy
tree  Offline
T
Wiseguy
Well why didn't you reply to the hanger ons and wannabe comments? You don't need to justify your believe to me but you do need to be fair and think for a minute before you speak. Lashing out and defending yourself against criticism or name calling are two different things. I think your the one who's being prejudice if you think having to defend yourself is lashing out.you can have your opinion or talk details but once you criticize you will be called on it and only a dog would have a problem with that.

Re: Philly Trial Starting [Re: pmac] #672629
10/28/12 11:47 AM
10/28/12 11:47 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: pmac
i know its off subject alittle but im reading about the old john stanfa trial if they had killed john veasey when they were shooting him point blank after learning he was co operating with the fbi all those guys would be free cause he killed the 3 guys that they all got life for, i think stanfa and them would have got time but with out veasey not life. there were alot of low lifes in stanfa trial but they all fell like domino's after veasy gave up the murders. was al pagamas a south philly legend his nickname is the one original that i never heard duplicated.

I always wondered how did the Stanfa crew know that VEasey was cooperating when they attempted to kill him...did they have a mole in the fbi? how?

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Philly Trial Starting [Re: merlino] #672664
10/28/12 01:16 PM
10/28/12 01:16 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

i think veasey had told his brother and a couple of friends that he was going to meet with the fbi and feel them out and someone told someone and it seald his fate cause he left the fbi building and walk straight into the set up on his life but god was looking outafter him cause he made it out of a room with a guy shooting straight into the back of your head. i watchd his little episode on youtube he even admits to be be blind and stupid.

Re: Philly Trial Starting [Re: Dapper_Don] #672666
10/28/12 01:24 PM
10/28/12 01:24 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

I always wondered how did the Stanfa crew know that VEasey was cooperating when they attempted to kill him...did they have a mole in the fbi? how?

Veasey suspected his brother Billy may of ratted him out to the Merlino crew. It was in his book.

Re: Philly Trial Starting [Re: merlino] #672757
10/28/12 08:43 PM
10/28/12 08:43 PM
Capo
Capo
After all of this I think court will be cancelled for Ligambi and friends!

Re: Philly Trial Starting [Re: Giancarlo] #672805
10/29/12 12:17 AM
10/29/12 12:17 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: Giancarlo

Veasey suspected his brother Billy may of ratted him out to the Merlino crew. It was in his book.

I have his book,it was pretty good. Doesnt mean the Merlino crew told Stanfa about Veasey...I would think they would be glad to have Stanfa out of the picture.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: Philly Trial Starting [Re: Dapper_Don] #672817
10/29/12 01:03 AM
10/29/12 01:03 AM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
I have his book,it was pretty good. Doesnt mean the Merlino crew told Stanfa about Veasey...I would think they would be glad to have Stanfa out of the picture.

I just remember Veasey saying in his book that he thought it was very possible his brother dimed him out that he was wired up. But he didn't know for sure.

Honestly i would think the odds are much higher that the brother put out the word like Veasey thought was a possibility, then Stanfa having a source in the FBI. If Stanfa did have a source inside the feds you would think he would of known about Ron Previte also being an informant. Just my opinion on it.

Re: Philly Trial Starting [Re: tree] #672870
10/29/12 11:06 AM
10/29/12 11:06 AM
22 Offline
Underboss
22  Offline
Underboss
I'm not sure where you are going with this.What do yo mean by why didn't I reply to the comments about the wannabe's or hanger on's.I did not say that,thats none of my business.My point is this,nobody really knows the inter-workings of the mob unless you are a part of of it.I don't know how many guys on this board are part of it,but there might as well not even be a board because its all based on speculation and opinions.When South Philly13 said you have to be there[in court] to hear the evidence,he's probably right,but who can do that.the little problem I had with old head we worked it out and I have stayed in the background since then,because I know how a lot of you guys feel so I'll just listen for now,I have been nothing but respectful on these boards,again explain to me what I am missing.

Re: Philly Trial Starting [Re: merlino] #672871
10/29/12 11:14 AM
10/29/12 11:14 AM
22 Offline
Underboss
22  Offline
Underboss
Also when you say criticize you can't mean me,I have never even once criticized anyone on these boards.

Re: Philly Trial Starting [Re: Giancarlo] #672880
10/29/12 11:56 AM
10/29/12 11:56 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: Giancarlo

I just remember Veasey saying in his book that he thought it was very possible his brother dimed him out that he was wired up. But he didn't know for sure.

Honestly i would think the odds are much higher that the brother put out the word like Veasey thought was a possibility, then Stanfa having a source in the FBI. If Stanfa did have a source inside the feds you would think he would of known about Ron Previte also being an informant. Just my opinion on it.

Yea, I figured Billy probably mentioned to the Merlino crew that John had turned. Billy was later killed by the Merlino crew as "revenge" for the Mikey Chang hit, it was a brother for a brother according to Natale who testified about the murder.

Re: Philly Trial Starting [Re: Dapper_Don] #672883
10/29/12 12:26 PM
10/29/12 12:26 PM
Capo
Capo
That is interesting and I never would have thought Billy would of dimed out his brother cause I believe that Billy was the one that talked John John into ratting!
Unless he thought by talking his brother into ratting against Stanfa that his brother would get some pass or maybe even himself!

Re: Philly Trial Starting [Re: southphilly old head] #672885
10/29/12 12:39 PM
10/29/12 12:39 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: southphilly old head
That is interesting and I never would have thought Billy would of dimed out his brother cause I believe that Billy was the one that talked John John into ratting!
Unless he thought by talking his brother into ratting against Stanfa that his brother would get some pass or maybe even himself!

Yeah Billy was the one who convinced John to turn.

The Philly family def has an interesting history to say the least.

Re: Philly Trial Starting [Re: merlino] #673363
11/01/12 08:24 AM
11/01/12 08:24 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
whats the latest? has been relatively quiet for a major mob trial

When Interpol?
Re: Philly Trial Starting [Re: merlino] #673371
11/01/12 09:47 AM
11/01/12 09:47 AM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Oct. 31, 2012

FBI agent details the mob life at Ligambi trial

By John P. Martin
INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

Joaquin Garcia was an appropriate witness for a mob trial on Halloween.

Over two years, the Cuban-born FBI agent donned the most convincing disguise: Jack Falcone, a Miami-bred thief and scam artist who became such a trusted associate that a Gambino crime family captain proposed Falcone's induction as a made member.

On Wednesday, federal prosecutors at the trial of the alleged leaders of the Philadelphia mob cast Garcia in another role. He was the professor, the expert with real-life experience enlisted to provide jurors an inside look at La Cosa Nostra and to interpret its members' conversations at secretly recorded gatherings.

Garcia described the induction process, the hierarchy, and the way the mob makes its money.

"The source of their power is intimidation," Garcia said under questioning from Assistant U.S. Attorney David Fritchey. "The source of their power is their ability to conduct violence in furtherance of their objectives."

He also weighed for jurors the significance of reputed Philadelphia mob boss Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi's trip to a North Jersey restaurant in 2010. There, Ligambi met with John Gambino, a captain representing the administration of the New York crime families.

"This is a very important meeting," Garcia said after jurors heard secretly recorded excerpts of the gathering. "You're dealing with two families coming together to meet. And the fact that the New York Gambino crime family came to New Jersey to meet with Philadelphia shows that New York is recognizing Philadelphia to be a vital La Cosa Nostra crime family."

Garcia, 60, testified as the racketeering trial against Ligambi and six others entered its third week before U.S. District Judge Eduardo Robreno. Prosecutors say the defendants ran a network that used threats to control illegal gambling, extortion, and loan-sharking rackets across the city.

Defense lawyers say the charges are flimsy, lack any substantive proof of violence, and are built on the word of discredited informants and criminals trying to save themselves. During earlier testimony Wednesday, Ligambi's attorney pressed another FBI agent to explain how gathering for a meal in a public restaurant was a crime.

"That's a big part of their lifestyle, isn't it? A nice lunch, a nice dinner, maybe a snack in between," quipped the lawyer, Edwin Jacobs.

At roughly 300 pounds, Garcia might not disagree. "Bottom line is that we ate more with the mob than you do on a cruise ship," he later testified, detailing the lifestyle.

Now retired, Garcia is no stranger to Philadelphia. He was stationed here in the late 1990s, working undercover to detect and disrupt drug cartel pipelines that supplied dealers in North Philadelphia. But his mob work came a decade later, when he was recruited to infiltrate the Gambino crime family.

His dark hair and imposing frame gave him a presence, but Garcia said he realized he was always in danger. Undercover work, particularly within the Mafia, "is kind of like being an actor, except the difference is you don't get second or third takes," he said.

After passing himself off as a low-level criminal, he befriended and became the driver and confidant for Gregory DePalma, a Gambino captain, and gathered intelligence about the crime families.

Garcia said he once proposed to DePalma that they work with an associate in Philadelphia, a man who he secretly knew was an undercover FBI agent. But DePalma cautioned him against getting entangled with counterparts in the City of Brotherly Love.

"He said, if you go with Philadelphia, you got to watch out, it's the wild, wild West down there," the ex-agent said.

Garcia also described for jurors the initiation ceremony, where bosses and other members gather in a circle as the newly made member stands before a table that holds a knife and a gun.

"That's symbolic," he told jurors. "That means you're going to live and die by the process of those two things."

In decades past, mobsters had to have committed a murder to be considered for induction, because killers usually couldn't also be FBI cooperators, Garcia said.

That's changed.

"The mob has morphed over the years. They realize that guys with blood on their hands have cooperated, have testified," he said. "Now, foremost you have to be an earner."

His testimony is scheduled to continue Thursday.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/break ... trial.html

Re: Philly Trial Starting [Re: Southphilly13] #673431
11/01/12 03:08 PM
11/01/12 03:08 PM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Southphilly13
I'm not on here to argue with any of you guys but I can't sit back and read nonsense!! The 2 FBI agents are going to be the nail in the coffin?? Really??
Why cause someone wrote an article and said 2 FBI agents were involved with this case?

Yea they were involved as you can see above. Just like you say don't believe everything you read. Don't believe everything your brother and south philly tell you. The witnesses will get even better as the trial goes on.

So what happened in court today...you should probably be getting out soon. Let us know how it went.

Last edited by spmob; 11/01/12 03:09 PM.
Re: Philly Trial Starting [Re: merlino] #673442
11/01/12 04:54 PM
11/01/12 04:54 PM
ne philly
merlino Offline OP
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline OP
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
the fact that government framed this as a RICO case and is now building the blocks that support this, that is going to be hard for these guys to get from under it. I'll give you some of the lowlifes that are involved are not credible but the undercover FBI agents and eventual govt wiretaps will be

Re: Philly Trial Starting [Re: spmob] #673657
11/02/12 09:32 PM
11/02/12 09:32 PM
S
Southphilly13 Offline
Button
Southphilly13  Offline
S
Button
smile

Re: Philly Trial Starting [Re: merlino] #673662
11/02/12 09:44 PM
11/02/12 09:44 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Was the trial postponed due to the Hurricane?

Re: Philly Trial Starting [Re: Dapper_Don] #673743
11/03/12 11:24 AM
11/03/12 11:24 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Was the trial postponed due to the Hurricane?

Most of the Government's rats are full of hot air anyway whistle.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull