GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 190 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,729
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,301
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,527
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,406
Posts1,060,326
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: m2w] #667536
09/24/12 07:14 AM
09/24/12 07:14 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: m2w
gotti killed sure personally too

he ordered man murders no doubt but there hasnt been evidence gotti ever pulled the trigger

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #667547
09/24/12 09:58 AM
09/24/12 09:58 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Supposedly he was part of the McBratney killing but he didn't pull the trigger. Other than that there's no proof he took part in a murder other than that there's only rumours of what happened to DeSimeone and Favara.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #667598
09/24/12 03:31 PM
09/24/12 03:31 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
only being an effective member of organized crime it means it's very possible he killed personally although there is not any evidence in the trials and outside people knows it

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: m2w] #667600
09/24/12 03:38 PM
09/24/12 03:38 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: m2w
only being an effective member of organized crime it means it's very possible he killed personally although there is not any evidence in the trials and outside people knows it

You're right but you'd think if he had Sammy would've knew about it and if he did you'd think he would've mentioned it.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: Camarel] #667602
09/24/12 03:47 PM
09/24/12 03:47 PM
L
Lenin_and_McCarthy Offline
Capo
Lenin_and_McCarthy  Offline
L
Capo
Originally Posted By: Camarel
Supposedly he was part of the McBratney killing but he didn't pull the trigger. Other than that there's no proof he took part in a murder other than that there's only rumours of what happened to DeSimeone and Favara.

Massino did name him as the Vito Borelli triggerman IIRC. An then there's whatever happened to that codefendant of Dellacroce who disappeared in Florida.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #667605
09/24/12 03:59 PM
09/24/12 03:59 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
i doubt gravano knew so much of the gotti past life

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: DiMaggio68] #667613
09/24/12 05:17 PM
09/24/12 05:17 PM
Wilson Offline
Capo
Wilson  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: DiMaggio68
Originally Posted By: German_Italian
Really? If that's the case, the bastard deserved to get his ass kicked. I never understood how the public could love a scumbag like John Gotti

Yeah! I didn't believe this guy at first but he started sounding really convinsing later. He did show me his old prison ID card from Marion Prison and some other proof. He's also an old outlaw biker kind of guy.....

You gotta remember John Gotti was the boss of bosses. He was the boss of everyone when he was in power. I mean everyone! Think about it and if you were in his shoes. The boss of the Gambino crime family. I mean think about it for just a second. How would you feel if someone didn't listen to you even if you were in prison? What if you just let him do what he wanted and it got back to people in prison that some guy got away with not listening to John Gotti? Imagine if you were in Gottis shoes? Talk travels fast and rumors move fast in prison. Of course he was gonna have a big ego and if I was him I would have done the same thing. The guy no matter if you liked it or not, demanded respect. Thats one of the main reasons they made him boss to begin with. Cause he didn't take shit from anyone! He stood up for himself. If some dumb fuck scumbag floor sweeper wants to not listen to John Gotti, then I'm proud to know that John Gotti stood up for himself. He was old school and old school Italians don't like black people. To them blacks are the scum of the earth. Thats just how it is and always will be.

As far as I am concerned ,that black floor sweeper cleaner can go fuck himself.

Last edited by Wilson; 09/24/12 05:23 PM.
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: Wilson] #667614
09/24/12 05:25 PM
09/24/12 05:25 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Wilson
You gotta remember John Gotti was the boss of bosses. He was the boss of everyone when he was in power. I mean everyone!

John Gotti was never "Boss of Bosses." He held zero influence over Chin and the Genovese family while he was boss of the Gambinos and on the street (1985-1990).

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #667620
09/24/12 05:50 PM
09/24/12 05:50 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
The Chin would sooner eat horse shit than take orders from Gotti. Gigante hated the bastard. Personally I'm not a Gotti fan. Dude was an asshole and a scumbag. Some Mobsters are more likeable than others. Gotti to me wasn't one of them.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: Wilson] #667622
09/24/12 05:57 PM
09/24/12 05:57 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Really? If that's the case, the bastard deserved to get his ass kicked. I never understood how the public could love a scumbag like John Gotti

Yeah! I didn't believe this guy at first but he started sounding really convinsing later. He did show me his old prison ID card from Marion Prison and some other proof. He's also an old outlaw biker kind of guy.....

You gotta remember John Gotti was the boss of bosses. He was the boss of everyone when he was in power. I mean everyone! Think about it and if you were in his shoes. The boss of the Gambino crime family. I mean think about it for just a second. How would you feel if someone didn't listen to you even if you were in prison? What if you just let him do what he wanted and it got back to people in prison that some guy got away with not listening to John Gotti? Imagine if you were in Gottis shoes? Talk travels fast and rumors move fast in prison. Of course he was gonna have a big ego and if I was him I would have done the same thing. The guy no matter if you liked it or not, demanded respect. Thats one of the main reasons they made him boss to begin with. Cause he didn't take shit from anyone! He stood up for himself. If some dumb fuck scumbag floor sweeper wants to not listen to John Gotti, then I'm proud to know that John Gotti stood up for himself. He was old school and old school Italians don't like black people. To them blacks are the scum of the earth. Thats just how it is and always will be.

I think you've read to much into the media version of JG as others have said he wasn't boss of bosses it can actually be argued Gigante was the more powerful boss.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: Wilson] #667629
09/24/12 06:32 PM
09/24/12 06:32 PM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member

Yeah, but Gotti's beatdown at the hands of that black floor sweeper soon traveled throughout the prison. That couldn't have been good for Gotti's ego or status! A boss of a major crime family getting physically assaulted by some common thug -- not very good PR!

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #667631
09/24/12 06:41 PM
09/24/12 06:41 PM
Wilson Offline
Capo
Wilson  Offline
Capo
TO each their own.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: pizzaboy] #667632
09/24/12 06:43 PM
09/24/12 06:43 PM
Wilson Offline
Capo
Wilson  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
You gotta remember John Gotti was the boss of bosses. He was the boss of everyone when he was in power. I mean everyone!

John Gotti was never "Boss of Bosses." He held zero influence over Chin and the Genovese family while he was boss of the Gambinos and on the street (1985-1990).

He was the boss of bosses to the public eye. You can't deny that.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: Wilson] #667634
09/24/12 06:53 PM
09/24/12 06:53 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

To only SOME of the public. And they were wrong.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #667636
09/24/12 07:04 PM
09/24/12 07:04 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Chin was more powerful than anyone in his time.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: Wilson] #667637
09/24/12 07:15 PM
09/24/12 07:15 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland

Yeah that's what i was meaning the media use this title to make it seem more dramatic at one point they said Galante was BOB even though he wasn't even fully recognized as boss of the Bonannos .

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: Lenin_and_McCarthy] #667647
09/24/12 08:56 PM
09/24/12 08:56 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Lenin_and_McCarthy
Originally Posted By: Camarel

Massino did name him as the Vito Borelli triggerman IIRC. An then there's whatever happened to that codefendant of Dellacroce who disappeared in Florida.

I'd take what massino says with a grain of salt. Also i think massino meant taht gotti set up the murder and didnt actually kill him himself. The co-defendent in Florida was Tony Plate who even at age 66 was regarded as a psychopath. I've heard that gotti ordered wilie boy and angelo to take care of plate

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: Wilson] #667648
09/24/12 08:59 PM
09/24/12 08:59 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

Ya but he wasnt feared by the media or by the other families to be honest. Also Gotti was never the boss of bosses. In fact Big paul was way more powerful in his reign than gotti was in his

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JCrusher] #667654
09/24/12 09:32 PM
09/24/12 09:32 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Yes, it's precisely because Gotti maintained such an idiotically high public profile--because his "public" regarded him as the face of the Mafia--that he could never be acknowledged by other bosses as capo di tutti capi. Gambino earned respect as the top guy by keeping a low profile and by staying out of prison. Gotti served two felony sentences on his way up. Some other bosses did, too. But Gotti also stood trial (briefly) for beating up that Polish truckdriver. "I FORGOTTI" read the headline in the Daily News. The public ate it up. Gotti ate it up. Other Dons must have wondered what kind of idiot would get involved in a fistfight with some nobody when he had all that muscle around. The public loved the "Teflon Don" who beat two more felony raps--but he was denied bail both times, as well as the third and last rap, on which he was convicted. He spent an awful lot of time in jail as Don.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #667657
09/24/12 09:38 PM
09/24/12 09:38 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
In the past I mentioned that my father was the court clerk for the Commission case. John Gotti also stood trial before my father's judge for one of his cases, in the Southern District of NY. My father's judge denied Gotti's bail and denied bail for every other mafioso to come through his courtroom. He had a real hard on for mafioso and never granted bail. Ever.

Gotti definitely had a charm about him; but for me, I just always had a hard time getting past the whole Favara incident.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: carmela] #667660
09/24/12 10:02 PM
09/24/12 10:02 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: carmela
In the past I mentioned that my father was the court clerk for the Commission case. John Gotti also stood trial before my father's judge for one of his cases, in the Southern District of NY. My father's judge denied Gotti's bail and denied bail for every other mafioso to come through his courtroom. He had a real hard on for mafioso and never granted bail. Ever.

Gotti definitely had a charm about him; but for me, I just always had a hard time getting past the whole Favara incident.

As a italian i have no respect for mobsters but the subject of the mafia does interest me. However gotti just seemed to be an idiot to me. Lets face it with dellacroce gotti would have remained an errand boy

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JCrusher] #667662
09/24/12 10:09 PM
09/24/12 10:09 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: JCrusher

As a italian i have no respect for mobsters but the subject of the mafia does interest me. However gotti just seemed to be an idiot to me. Lets face it with dellacroce gotti would have remained an errand boy

I don't respect anybody fully but my own family. Period.

Mafia doesn't interest me at all. I am not phased one way or the other. The only reason I posted in this thread is b/c he stood trial in my father's courtroom and figured I'd contribute.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: carmela] #667663
09/24/12 10:16 PM
09/24/12 10:16 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

I don't respect anybody fully but my own family. Period.

Mafia doesn't interest me at all. I am not phased one way or the other. The only reason I posted in this thread is b/c he stood trial in my father's courtroom and figured I'd contribute.

dude i wasnt trying to insult you i was agreeing with you lol. I have agreed with pretty much all of your points you have made in the thread. i think you misunderstood me

Last edited by JCrusher; 09/24/12 10:16 PM.
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #667664
09/24/12 10:17 PM
09/24/12 10:17 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
^^^ You're right. Sorry if it seemed I was coming down on you.

PS...don't call me dude. wink

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JCrusher] #667665
09/24/12 10:18 PM
09/24/12 10:18 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
dude i wasnt trying to insult you i was agreeing with you lol. I have agreed with pretty much all of your points you have made in the thread. i think you misunderstood me

She's a dudess. wink

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: carmela] #667666
09/24/12 10:20 PM
09/24/12 10:20 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

No problem just try not to jump to conclusions especially with someone who thinks you make a lot of great points lol

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JCrusher] #667667
09/24/12 10:21 PM
09/24/12 10:21 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ

No problem just try not to jump to conclusions especially with someone who thinks you make a lot of great points lol

Fair enough.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: carmela] #667669
09/24/12 10:25 PM
09/24/12 10:25 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

Fair enough.

Anyway getting back to topic i agree with you the favara murder was uncalled for. I feel for the guy for losing his son but it was an accident even though victoria gotti claimed it was because she is a dumbass lol.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JasonAnthony74] #667698
09/25/12 04:03 AM
09/25/12 04:03 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: JasonAnthony74
Originally Posted By: jace
I don't think Gotti was weak physically or in fights, I don't see where even guys who turned on him said anything like that. I believe inmate Johnson went nuts and attacked him, based on talking to corrections officer I know (my brother, and other family members) Gotti had been in prison before, I think in 1977, wouldn't a coward reputation would have followed him onto streets ?

Yeah, Gotti had been in prison in the late 60s as well. He always seemed to be the kind of guy who didn't mind getting physical if needed. In '84 he got into that fracas with the refrigerator mechanic who was upset that Gotti's friend, Frank Colletta, had double-parked and was blocking the street.
John Gotti and his brother Gene looked like typical throwback bruiser types!

That refrigerator mechanic, Romuel Piecyk, had a record himself, several arrests for assault among them. Maybe they had common friends who got him to not testify. I wonder if he was even really a refrigerator mechanic. He certainly was not innocent in the fight, he had attacked a smaller man who was Gotti's friend over a parking spot.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: Wilson] #667703
09/25/12 08:44 AM
09/25/12 08:44 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss

Your taking this a little personally aint ya?
Was gotti your uncle or something.
Wonder what was said to him after he was beaten.....

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull