GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 60 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,128
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,386
Posts1,059,759
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 88 of 141 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 140 141
Re: Election 2012 [Re: Dapper_Don] #663709
08/31/12 07:08 PM
08/31/12 07:08 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
^^^i think the word you want to use is segregated instead of racist. Thats a pretty big generalization.

The Tea Part is racist for being all white, but when people turned the tables on liberals and their OWS movement for being all white, people didn't like it. And make no mistake about it, OWS was very white although there were fake attempts by Al Sharpton to get blacks involved but people saw OWS for what it was. A largely white political movement. Hypocrisy.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #663715
08/31/12 09:02 PM
08/31/12 09:02 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
SV, your complete inability to complete a logical thought is so very persistent. The audience of a baseball game, the members of this board, they are OPEN to everyone. Who chooses to participate or not is a different story. Also, Geoff and SC are not running for POTUS and VPOTUS (although it's not a terrible idea).

Government is supposed to be inclusive, it's supposed to be for ALL Americans. This is the most ethnically diverse country in the world, yet I think that the population was poorly represented in the audience of the GOP convention. And maybe I can't spot a Latino in the audience, but I damn well can spot an Asian or black person, and there weren't any.

As for OWS, perhaps that speaks well to minorities that they didn't participate, since the members were mostly without any sort of real political agenda. All they did was protest things, but weren't very definite about what they were for or against. We just knew they were for themselves and against everyone else.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #663717
08/31/12 09:06 PM
08/31/12 09:06 PM
EddieCoyle Offline
Capo
EddieCoyle  Offline
Capo
Well said Sicilian Babe.

Okla: Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them?
Re: Election 2012 [Re: Sicilian Babe] #663720
08/31/12 09:22 PM
08/31/12 09:22 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

Last edited by olivant; 08/31/12 09:26 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #663738
08/31/12 11:43 PM
08/31/12 11:43 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
By the way, did ya'll catch Jan Brewer's (AZ Republican Governor) on MSNBC last night?

"I know if President Obama is elected in November, which I hope he is, he will be able to come together with all of us and come up with a solution. I believe he will secure our borders. And therefore, we can resolve all of the other issues as a simple matter," she said.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: dontomasso] #663752
09/01/12 04:17 AM
09/01/12 04:17 AM
Muscat, Oman
Don Zadjali Offline
Underboss
Don Zadjali  Offline
Underboss
Muscat, Oman
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
What was that Clint Eastwood thing about?

Clint Eastwood Talking To A Chair (The Song)

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #663765
09/01/12 08:04 AM
09/01/12 08:04 AM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
i think skinny vinny makes alot of valid points. why even bring the race card out? maybe black people just didn't wanna attend that event, who knows. were there people outside preventing minorities from entering the building? people are too quick to wanna label someone or some group as racist. why does it seem like on here left=good while right=bad when both parties have done damage to this county?

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #663768
09/01/12 09:14 AM
09/01/12 09:14 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Diversifying the GOP isn't just good PR: it may be necessary for the party's national viability. The Republican base has gotten whiter and whiter, but whites are shrinking as a percentage of the overall electorate...
Huffington

Who would have thought that states like Virginia and North Carolina would be swing states for a Black democrat in 2012?

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/

Eventually, probably not in 2016 but perhaps by 2020 and definitely by 2024, given current demographic and voting trends, a state like Texas will become a swing state. That would be the death knell for the current version of the Republican Party winning a national election. Like it or not the country is changing. The Republican Party has to win a respectable proportion of the Hispanic-American vote to win the Presidency. This will be even more urgent as the Hispanic-American population grows and moves to "red" states.

Unless there is a seismic shift of white liberals and moderates to the Republican Party over the next few elections, the Republican Party will not be able to run on its current messages and win.

In my view both parties are just different wings of the same system but the Republican Party since Goldwater and Nixon has made a bargain with some very reactionary elements of the country. But those groups are declining in numbers. The Party will have to adapt and change, just as Clinton did for the Democrats in 92. It's better for both parties and the country if neither party can take voters for granted or write off their votes.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: Five_Felonies] #663780
09/01/12 10:40 AM
09/01/12 10:40 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
i think skinny vinny makes alot of valid points. why even bring the race card out? maybe black people just didn't wanna attend that event, who knows. were there people outside preventing minorities from entering the building? people are too quick to wanna label someone or some group as racist. why does it seem like on here left=good while right=bad when both parties have done damage to this county?

I posted this above; you probably didn't read it.

"Even Businessweek thinks so:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-08-30/republicans-stage-diverse-show-amid-struggle-to-draw-minorities"

Last edited by olivant; 09/01/12 10:42 AM.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: olivant] #663814
09/01/12 01:24 PM
09/01/12 01:24 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: olivant
By the way, did ya'll catch Jan Brewer's (AZ Republican Governor) on MSNBC last night?

"I know if President Obama is elected in November, which I hope he is, he will be able to come together with all of us and come up with a solution. I believe he will secure our borders. And therefore, we can resolve all of the other issues as a simple matter," she said.

she said that? i am shocked.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Dapper_Don] #663817
09/01/12 01:26 PM
09/01/12 01:26 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I saw that too. LOL It had to be a mistake. I swear that women is in Lala land half the time anyway. She never seems "all there" IMHO lol

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #663819
09/01/12 01:30 PM
09/01/12 01:30 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
I saw when MSNBC tried to ask her some questions after the RNC and she made believe that she couldnt hear them so she didnt have to answer. The question was about Romney's flip flops (Healthcare, women's rights, etc)

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #663821
09/01/12 01:34 PM
09/01/12 01:34 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: Skinny_Vinny
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
^^^i think the word you want to use is segregated instead of racist. Thats a pretty big generalization.

The Tea Part is racist for being all white, but when people turned the tables on liberals and their OWS movement for being all white, people didn't like it. And make no mistake about it, OWS was very white although there were fake attempts by Al Sharpton to get blacks involved but people saw OWS for what it was. A largely white political movement. Hypocrisy.

OWS for the most part (over 50%) were unemployed hippies and hipsters, homeless people following the group for free food/place to stay, and a bunch of other random people protesting for shits and giggles. I know a few of my friends who went to OWS just to take pictures, etc. OWS never got a coherent message across.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Dapper_Don] #663832
09/01/12 02:00 PM
09/01/12 02:00 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I'm a Democrat and I thought OWS was absolutely fucking ridiculous. A bunch of aimless kids, trust fund goofballs and aging hippies with no direction and no end game. They had no idea what they were protesting and in the end it showed.

Capitalism ain't going nowhere. Go occupy an online job application, maybe take a bath, people will take you a lot more seriously.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #663843
09/01/12 02:10 PM
09/01/12 02:10 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
^^Amen to that.

A buddy of mine from college was soo happy when OWS fizzled out since he had to deal with them every single day because he worked for the commercial real estate company which owned Zuccotti Park where they were occupying. He told me stories of all the crap they found in the park after the OWS left things like needles, drugs, condoms, human feces, etc.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 09/01/12 05:02 PM.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Five_Felonies] #663913
09/01/12 04:36 PM
09/01/12 04:36 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York

I pointed out, quite correctly, that it was a bit of a shock to see a sea of white faces. If you're supposed to be representing the people, then how can you claim to do so when the people are not represented? I never used the word racist. I believe that Vinny was the first one, as usual, to throw that card down.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Sicilian Babe] #663918
09/01/12 05:09 PM
09/01/12 05:09 PM
California

California
True SB. It's obvious exactly who is playing the "race card." Even Lindsey Graham (R) of S.C., talking about diversity, and how "THEY" are losing badly, said:

The demographics race we’re losing badly,” said Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (S.C.). “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

TIS

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a...03a7_story.html

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 09/01/12 05:10 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Five_Felonies] #664011
09/02/12 01:18 PM
09/02/12 01:18 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens

Forest Hills Queens is the kind of neighborhood where whites self-identify as liberal, but if you were to arrange for a bus full of black day camp kids to use their private swimming pools, they would pull their own kids out and find another pool to use. The same people whose parents and grandparents took the freedom buses to Alabama in the 60's were complaining when Forest Hills zone was changed to send kids to mostly black Jamaica HS. Hypocrites.

The same white people looking at the demographics at the RNC are the ones who would never let their kids go to a mostly black NYC HS or swim at McCarren pool in Williamsburg. Everyone else is the racist though.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Sicilian Babe] #664013
09/02/12 01:23 PM
09/02/12 01:23 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
SV, your complete inability to complete a logical thought is so very persistent. The audience of a baseball game, the members of this board, they are OPEN to everyone. Who chooses to participate or not is a different story. Also, Geoff and SC are not running for POTUS and VPOTUS (although it's not a terrible idea).

Government is supposed to be inclusive, it's supposed to be for ALL Americans. This is the most ethnically diverse country in the world, yet I think that the population was poorly represented in the audience of the GOP convention. And maybe I can't spot a Latino in the audience, but I damn well can spot an Asian or black person, and there weren't any.

As for OWS, perhaps that speaks well to minorities that they didn't participate, since the members were mostly without any sort of real political agenda. All they did was protest things, but weren't very definite about what they were for or against. We just knew they were for themselves and against everyone else.

C,

Blacks are free to attend the RNC just like they're free to attend OWS or a Yankees game or NHL game. They choose not to. No one is preventing them from attending.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #664080
09/02/12 06:34 PM
09/02/12 06:34 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York

C,

Blacks are free to attend the RNC just like they're free to attend OWS or a Yankees game or NHL game. They choose not to. No one is preventing them from attending.

Not sure what your "C" reference is; however, attendance to attend the convention is not a choice. You must be elected as a delegate. Do a little research before you shoot your mouth off.
The Republican Party of the United States, also known as the GOP for "Grand Old Party," elects delegates to represent states at its national conventions. The process of becoming a delegate can be tricky, as each state has its own rules and process. In addition, those in control of the process vary with each Republican presidential candidate. The Republican National Committee dictates when states can begin delegate selection.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Sicilian Babe] #664094
09/02/12 07:21 PM
09/02/12 07:21 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
I would cover up those brass balls
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

C,

Not sure what your "C" reference is; however, attendance to attend the convention is not a choice. You must be elected as a delegate. Do a little research before you shoot your mouth off.

Wow ..... C, whistle
I would cover up those brass balls, If I were you. lol

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #664102
09/02/12 09:20 PM
09/02/12 09:20 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Brass balls? On the anonymous internet? Not even close.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #664110
09/02/12 09:57 PM
09/02/12 09:57 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
C,

not all attendees were elected officials. same goes for the DNC in Charlotte. In fact, it will be very easy to get into the stadium this week.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #664111
09/02/12 10:04 PM
09/02/12 10:04 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Gee, why don't you just come out with it, Vinny? Don't hold back. Or don't you have the goods?

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #664112
09/02/12 10:09 PM
09/02/12 10:09 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
C,

You're simply mistaken. "Fans" who often acted as volunteers were allowed, even encouraged to attend the events at the Forum.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #664113
09/02/12 10:11 PM
09/02/12 10:11 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Who is "C"? confused

Re: Election 2012 [Re: SC] #664163
09/03/12 12:31 PM
09/03/12 12:31 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: SC
Who is "C"? confused

I was wondering the same thing, who IS C? confused Vinny seems to have disappeared.

TIS

Re: Election 2012 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #664193
09/03/12 02:23 PM
09/03/12 02:23 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Originally Posted By: SC
Who is "C"? confused

I was wondering the same thing, who IS C? confused Vinny seems to have disappeared.

TIS

C was the gatekeeper at the RNC who made it easy for people to gain admission (especially black and hispanic people); he'll also be the gatekeeper at the DNC where he'll make admission relatively easy.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #664198
09/03/12 03:16 PM
09/03/12 03:16 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
^^lmao

Speaking of the DNC, I have two friends who will partake in the DNC activities this week. Should be interesting, I want to hear Bill's and Obama's speeches, respectively.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 09/03/12 07:23 PM.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #664244
09/03/12 07:26 PM
09/03/12 07:26 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
If I cared it would be interesting to do some research to see when exactly country music (and many country musicians) became so reactionary because some of the older country music was about the downtrodden and/or the working class.

We are really going to have some interesting discussions going forward in this country regardless of who wins the election. The intense feeling that some have of having "lost" something because Obama is President is quite telling.

Hank Williams Jr. spews more lies

Quote:
But even Hank Sr. might have been gagging on his bourbon in the great beyond Sunday night after hearing the bigoted comments his little Bocephus made at the Stockyards Music Festival.
“We’ve got a Muslim for a President who hates cowboys, hates cowgirls, hates fishing, hates farming, loves gays, and we hate him!” Williams said, as the crowd let out a loud but less-than-unanimous cheer.
The 63-year-old singer began his anti-gay commentary a few songs earlier, mocking “queer guitar pickers” in the middle of “All My Rowdy Friends Have Settled Down” before moving on to his next target: Liberal politicians, who he told to “move to Mexico” at the end of “We Don’t Apologize For America.”

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Page 88 of 141 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 140 141

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull