GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (m2w, 1 invisible), 238 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,611
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,092
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,380
Posts1,059,609
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Imamobguy] #660928
08/19/12 02:21 PM
08/19/12 02:21 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Imamobguy
Some Author's storys are backed up by Rats, If you say Authors are correct then you are saying Bonanno was correct. Some Authors rely on the real thing not the fucking television show or what the FBI think is true. Bonanno grew up in the roaring 20s and I dont really think Bonanno was want to lie about his past aged 97. If he wanted to lie he wouldnt of made a book.

He definitely lied about drugs and most likely lied about Maranzano. Did he even have a son called Daniel?

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Imamobguy] #660930
08/19/12 02:22 PM
08/19/12 02:22 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
It's true. Genovese is lossely based on Emilio Barzini. Barzini wanted to kill Corleone to become the top boss, Barzini ordered the death of Santino and particapted with Sollozzo to kill Corleone.

I wasn´t doubting that. But Genovese was a living person, while Barzini was/is not. So it should be "Barzini was based on Genovese". Right? Or is my english that bad? smile

[Linked Image]
Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Camarel] #660931
08/19/12 02:23 PM
08/19/12 02:23 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Some ppl even belive that he made the book as revenge to the mob!Rudy Giuliani used it as evidence

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Toodoped] #660934
08/19/12 02:24 PM
08/19/12 02:24 PM
New York
Imamobguy Offline
Capo
Imamobguy  Offline
Capo
New York
Maybe he did sell Drugs, Drug's was business now Drug's is at the top, It makes more money than Racketeering and Loansharking. Bonanno wasnt a lieing man, He was Italian. Italian's dont lie.. wink

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Toodoped] #660935
08/19/12 02:25 PM
08/19/12 02:25 PM
H
ht2 Offline
Capo
ht2  Offline
H
Capo
Originally Posted By: Toodoped
even on the Bonanno interview his a little bit critical at Luciano

I think Bonanno leaned toward the "conservative faction" while Luciano was part of the newer "liberal faction" of bosses (Tony Accardo, Costello, Anastasia etc.) The liberal faction bosses didn't care much for Sicilian tradition while the conservative faction bosses emphasized old world tradition, honor, rituals and perhaps a sicilian only attitude. These descriptions were probably made up by historians, but I think it describes real contention in the mob at the time. In interview (60 minutes?) Bonanno Sr describes Luciano as being only interested in making money.

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: HairyKnuckles] #660936
08/19/12 02:26 PM
08/19/12 02:26 PM
New York
Imamobguy Offline
Capo
Imamobguy  Offline
Capo
New York
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
It's true. Genovese is lossely based on Emilio Barzini. Barzini wanted to kill Corleone to become the top boss, Barzini ordered the death of Santino and particapted with Sollozzo to kill Corleone.

I wasn´t doubting that. But Genovese was a living person, while Barzini was/is not. So it should be "Barzini was based on Genovese". Right? Or is my english that bad? smile

Haha Sorry... Your right, Barzini based on Genovese. Well done smile

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Camarel] #660937
08/19/12 02:27 PM
08/19/12 02:27 PM
New York
Imamobguy Offline
Capo
Imamobguy  Offline
Capo
New York
Originally Posted By: Camarel
Some Author's storys are backed up by Rats, If you say Authors are correct then you are saying Bonanno was correct. Some Authors rely on the real thing not the fucking television show or what the FBI think is true. Bonanno grew up in the roaring 20s and I dont really think Bonanno was want to lie about his past aged 97. If he wanted to lie he wouldnt of made a book.

He definitely lied about drugs and most likely lied about Maranzano. Did he even have a son called Daniel?

How do you know that for a fact, Were you in the Bonanno Family? Did you see it for yourself or are you one of those people who believe an Author who think's he knows it more than a real member. What exactly did he lie about Maranzano?

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Camarel] #660938
08/19/12 02:29 PM
08/19/12 02:29 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
First Vincent Mangano was secretly controlled by Luciano,his whole Mangano family was controled by Luciano and Mangano knew this and he had to keep quiet anyway,second...you wanna say that when Gambino was on the commision table his vote was counted the same as others?!?!?!? rolleyes...plus Bonanno in his book told lies about Luciano,doesnt that tell you something?!even on the Bonanno interview his a little bit critical at Luciano

Bonanno didnt tell lies, Toodoped you believe Wikipedia. Wikipedia are made up from Sources and References linked up from Newspaper's and "Historian"'s bullshit. Bonanno was a real man, He knew the truth and he wasnt a lieing man like I said before, I did an Interview with his Bill Bonanno in early 2000 and did an Interview with Daniel, Bonanno's adopted son. Bonanno spoke the truth. Believe the fact's Toodoped not the Newspaper.

So you actually believe Joe banned drugs and wasn't making millions off them with Galante? Or he knew nothing about what was going to happen to Maranzano?

Bonanno def banned drugs. Just like Gambino did in 1963. Other bosses did as well. However, the problem was that the bosses could not stop their soldiers from dealing.

[Linked Image]
Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: HairyKnuckles] #660942
08/19/12 02:32 PM
08/19/12 02:32 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
You are defently right..they killed their soldatos if caught with drugs...but srill they were the world wide leaders of the drug ring or just took thir cut wink

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: HairyKnuckles] #660943
08/19/12 02:36 PM
08/19/12 02:36 PM
New York
Imamobguy Offline
Capo
Imamobguy  Offline
Capo
New York
Maybe he never knew anything about Maranzano, Lansky and Luciano were succesful because they worked low key (quiet). Bill didnt have much to do with Maranzano except he joined Maranzano's gang and joined him during the war. Im surprised Bonanno wasnt killed but later made a deal with Luciano and became a worker for him.

Last edited by Imamobguy; 08/19/12 02:36 PM.
Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Imamobguy] #660947
08/19/12 02:46 PM
08/19/12 02:46 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland

How do you know that for a fact, Were you in the Bonanno Family? Did you see it for yourself or are you one of those people who believe an Author who think's he knows it more than a real member. What exactly did he lie about Maranzano?

Fair enough i shouldn't have said definitely but the evidence suggests Joe knew his men were selling drugs. Like when Galante got indicted on heroin charges in 1959 Bonanno had 3 years to do something about it before Carmine was jailed . Also the guy who was in charge of his Montreal rackets was charged with drug dealing after pleading guilty Joe still kept him in charge of Montreal.

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Camarel] #660948
08/19/12 02:47 PM
08/19/12 02:47 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
^^^ True!

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Toodoped] #660951
08/19/12 03:11 PM
08/19/12 03:11 PM
New York
Imamobguy Offline
Capo
Imamobguy  Offline
Capo
New York
Carmine Galante's main business in the 1960's were the Heroin Drug Trade. When Galante got out of Prison, The Sicilian Faction had him all set up with deal's and eventually he came the biggest drug lord in America in 1964 to 1965. I dont believe in Drugs, I dont call it business. It ruins, Women and Teenagers. When you get suspected for Drugs, You get about 40 years slammed up!

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Imamobguy] #660953
08/19/12 03:15 PM
08/19/12 03:15 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Carmine Galante's main business in the 1960's were the Heroin Drug Trade. When Galante got out of Prison, The Sicilian Faction had him all set up with deal's and eventually he came the biggest drug lord in America in 1964 to 1965. I dont believe in Drugs, I dont call it business. It ruins, Women and Teenagers. When you get suspected for Drugs, You get about 40 years slammed up!

It still seems like Joe knew exactly what Carmine was doing.

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Camarel] #660954
08/19/12 03:21 PM
08/19/12 03:21 PM
New York
Imamobguy Offline
Capo
Imamobguy  Offline
Capo
New York
Bill Bonanno once said, Joseph was going to send people to kill Galante for bringing heat by the Cops with Drugs. The Murder never took place for Joseph but I bet Carmine's murder was good enough backed up by Sonny Red.

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Imamobguy] #660956
08/19/12 03:24 PM
08/19/12 03:24 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Bill Bonanno once said, Joseph was going to send people to kill Galante for bringing heat by the Cops with Drugs. The Murder never took place for Joseph but I bet Carmine's murder was good enough backed up by Sonny Red.

Bill actually said he was shocked at his fathers lack of action against Galante.

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Camarel] #660958
08/19/12 03:34 PM
08/19/12 03:34 PM
New York
Imamobguy Offline
Capo
Imamobguy  Offline
Capo
New York
He might of said that once but I heard Words coming out of his mouth, Is that normal? Drug's is very bad for business if you get your hand in the jar your done for life.

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Imamobguy] #660961
08/19/12 03:43 PM
08/19/12 03:43 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
He might of said that once but I heard Words coming out of his mouth, Is that normal? Drug's is very bad for business if you get your hand in the jar your done for life.

He wrote that in his book. So i think his credibility is shot right there since he can't keep his story straight. Out of interest why did you interview him was it for a book?

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Camarel] #660963
08/19/12 04:00 PM
08/19/12 04:00 PM
New York
Imamobguy Offline
Capo
Imamobguy  Offline
Capo
New York
I didnt feel anything for Bill Bonanno, He had it all set up from his father Joseph. Joseph had to work from nothing and started his own empire like Corleone. Actually, I never interviewed him, My Nephew did for a website he had which was updated on Cosa Nostra stuff. Believe this or not, Half of my family were Associate's of the Lucchese family in New York. My Deceased brother Adam J. Berardo was a small time Associate of the Lucchese's and recently passed two weeks ago. Adam ratted out and my father was served 20 years for Racketeering Operation's in New Jersey. My Grandfather, James Berardo was a Captain during the 1960's to the early 1990s. My Grandfather was a close "Bodyguard" if you say so to Tommy Lucchese in the early 1960s for about a year. My Grandfather was a driver for Anthony Corallo in his early 70's and a friend to Carmine Tramunti. My Grandfather had only been arrested for high Racketeering and Loansharking operations in Brooklyn and New Jersey with high ranking Lucchese members and Bonanno members. Im in the middle of creating a book with John Dickie a famous Cosa Nostra author and we will be naming it "The Berardo Family "This Story of Ours" ". I will keep you updated if you like. My Grandfather sat with me drinking wine around 1994 and told me the secrets of Cosa Nostra within other things and The Bonanno's. Here's a link of my Grandfather - http://realcosanostra.wikia.com/wiki/James_Berardo

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Toodoped] #660967
08/19/12 04:16 PM
08/19/12 04:16 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
ok no problem next time i will...the thing is over the years ive copied some articels that i found on the net and on some of em i know only the author but not the site...my question is this can i put just the name of the author on the article will than be ok?

Sure. Just acknowledge the source.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Imamobguy] #660968
08/19/12 04:17 PM
08/19/12 04:17 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
I didnt feel anything for Bill Bonanno, He had it all set up from his father Joseph. Joseph had to work from nothing and started his own empire like Corleone. Actually, I never interviewed him, My Nephew did for a website he had which was updated on Cosa Nostra stuff. Believe this or not, Half of my family were Associate's of the Lucchese family in New York. My Deceased brother Adam J. Berardo was a small time Associate of the Lucchese's and recently passed two weeks ago. Adam ratted out and my father was served 20 years for Racketeering Operation's in New Jersey. My Grandfather, James Berardo was a Captain during the 1960's to the early 1990s. My Grandfather was a close "Bodyguard" if you say so to Tommy Lucchese in the early 1960s for about a year. My Grandfather was a driver for Anthony Corallo in his early 70's and a friend to Carmine Tramunti. My Grandfather had only been arrested for high Racketeering and Loansharking operations in Brooklyn and New Jersey with high ranking Lucchese members and Bonanno members. Im in the middle of creating a book with John Dickie a famous Cosa Nostra author and we will be naming it "The Berardo Family "This Story of Ours" ". I will keep you updated if you like. My Grandfather sat with me drinking wine around 1994 and told me the secrets of Cosa Nostra within other things and The Bonanno's. Here's a link of my Grandfather - http://realcosanostra.wikia.com/wiki/James_Berardo

Interesting stuff i'd like you to keep me updated smile

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Dwalin2011] #660971
08/19/12 04:29 PM
08/19/12 04:29 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Luciano most probably had nothing to do with the landing of the US Army in Italy. Besides, Lucky had no contacts within the Sicilian Mafia at the time. Read Tim Newark´s "Lucky Luciano, the real and the fake gangster".

There must have been some mafia involvement in the landing. Why else would they free all the mafia bosses arrested during fascism and give them important official positions (like mayors of towns etc).

Luciano and his cohorts pulled off one of the great con jobs on Uncle Sam:

Soon after the US entered WWII, the government seized the French ocean liner Normandy, which was on a West Side Manhattan pier, and began to renovate it as a troop-carrier. A worker got careless with a torch, igniting some burlap sacks and setting a fire that caused the ship to capsize. The US Navy commander of the port suspected "sabotage" by "Axis agents" mingling with Italian and German longshoremen. Joseph (Socks) Lanza, Mob boss of the waterfront, took that info to Meyer Lansky. He brought it to Luciano in his upstate NY prison. Result: Lansky approached Judge Murray Gurfein, who'd been one of Dewey's prosecutors in the case against Luciano, with a promise: Lucky would assure that no further "sabotage" would occur on the docks, in return for better treatment. Lucky was moved to a "more comfortable" prison closer to NYC, and was deported in '46.

And, you're right, Lucky didn't help the Allies with the Sicilian landings because he'd been long gone from that island. Sicilian Mafiosi had been driven underground by Mussolini, who regarded them as a rival power. As soon as the Allies landed, the Mafiosi identified themselves as "Resistance fighters," and the allies bought it--restoring the gabellotti to their former positions and appointed them mayors, judges, etc. They got help from Genovese, who, ironically, had ingratiated himself with Mussolini earlier but moved to Sicily after the invasion to be "helpful" as a translater and go-between for the Allies and the Mafia. He bribed countless American officers to get access to scarce consumer goods, auto parts, etc., and shipped them to Naples where he ran the largest black-market operation in Italy.

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Turnbull] #660974
08/19/12 04:45 PM
08/19/12 04:45 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
What's interesting, is that even those mafiosi who had aligned themselves with the fascists to avoid jail and therefore couldn't identify themselves as "resistance fighters", also got privileged treatment - for example, Vincenzo Di Carlo from Raffadali, he was the local fascist leader, but nevertheless was appointed as responsible for the requisition of cereals by the Allies. Many others (especially the landowners whom Mussolini didn't treat too badly even though they protected the mafia bosses) were also treated as "friends" in spite of their ties to the fascists.

I wonder what would have happened if Vito Cascio Ferro (the one who killed the American police officer Giuseppe Petrosino in 1909) didn't die in jail and was freed with the others, would he have regained his position in the mafia or would he have just been killed off as a "relic of the past"?

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 08/19/12 04:46 PM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Turnbull] #660975
08/19/12 04:47 PM
08/19/12 04:47 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
About the Normandy thing...was it the german secret agency responsible or the mob?

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Toodoped] #660982
08/19/12 05:26 PM
08/19/12 05:26 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
I found an interesting article, published in Wasington Post, March 15, 1962. With his own words, Lucky Luciano explained why and how he was allowed to switch prison from the dreadful Sing Sing to a more tolerable prison during the WWII. And it had nothing to do with him allegedy helping out the US Navy.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1356&dat=19620315&id=BcVOAAAAIBAJ&sjid=uw4EAAAAIBAJ&pg=4534,2786310

[Linked Image]
Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: HairyKnuckles] #660984
08/19/12 05:38 PM
08/19/12 05:38 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
really cool post,theres not much stuff you can find with mobsters own words,but i think if Lucky ever sad something to the reporter like "I worked with the US navy and the secret agency" he would've been put on spot right there

by the way to go with the story..who do you think was the prominent oficial,Dewey or Hoover?

Last edited by Toodoped; 08/19/12 05:50 PM.

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Camarel] #660996
08/19/12 06:22 PM
08/19/12 06:22 PM
L
Lenin_and_McCarthy Offline
Capo
Lenin_and_McCarthy  Offline
L
Capo

Interesting stuff i'd like you to keep me updated smile

Likewise. I'd love to hear what he's got that got me no other results on Google web, books or news archives.

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Toodoped] #661023
08/19/12 09:44 PM
08/19/12 09:44 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ

About the Normandy thing...was it the german secret agency responsible or the mob?

Neither. The Normandy fire was strictly an accident. But, if the Naval commander of the Port of New York wanted to believe it was the work of the Germans working with Italian and German longshoremen, the least that Luciano could do was go along with them...

Quote:
by the way to go with the story..who do you think was the prominent oficial,Dewey or Hoover?

Dewey was the special prosecutor who put Luciano away in '36. He was governor of NY when the deportation order was issued. Hoover had nothing to do with it. At that time he wasn't even acknowledging that the Mob existed.

Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Turnbull] #661118
08/20/12 12:14 PM
08/20/12 12:14 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Turnbull

Neither. The Normandy fire was strictly an accident. But, if the Naval commander of the Port of New York wanted to believe it was the work of the Germans working with Italian and German longshoremen, the least that Luciano could do was go along with them...

There is solid proof however that German U-boots reached the shores of New York City. So the rumor of German sabotage wasn't that far-fetched.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Luciano vs. Genovese [Re: Sonny_Black] #661119
08/20/12 12:24 PM
08/20/12 12:24 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
There is solid proof however that German U-boots reached the shores of New York City. So the rumor of German sabotage wasn't that far-fetched.
very true check it out...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Pastorius

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull