GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 64 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,689
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: streetbossliborio] #692015
01/20/13 11:15 PM
01/20/13 11:15 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: streetbossliborio
"they cant take my honour" when i read about this last year i thought how corny and attention seeking. Clearly a young guy trying to gain attention by saying cliched mafia crap about honour. This brought loadsa media attention. twat.

Alphonse Trucchio is no pretender and his crew, which the feds said has been the most active in the Gambino family in recent years, is the real deal. You look at the cases over the past decade they've been involved in everything from huge gambling and drug operations in Queens to infiltrating the valet parking business in Florida to working with the Russians to bring girls into the county to work in mob strip clubs in NYC.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 01/20/13 11:17 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: Scorsese] #692022
01/20/13 11:38 PM
01/20/13 11:38 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
i never said he was a pretender clearly hes a very serious guy being a capo in the gambino family at such a young age. Just found that line very annoying and unnecessary. also lets not rate the crew on the indictments alone - this would make them effective at being caught and prosecuted. The most active and effective should be the quietest crews like some crews in the genovese family.

Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: streetbossliborio] #692029
01/21/13 12:10 AM
01/21/13 12:10 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

i never said he was a pretender clearly hes a very serious guy being a capo in the gambino family at such a young age. Just found that line very annoying and unnecessary. also lets not rate the crew on the indictments alone - this would make them effective at being caught and prosecuted. The most active and effective should be the quietest crews like some crews in the genovese family.

Indictments are the best way to gauge the activity level of a crew or family. Even the smartest and most careful mobsters get busted nowadays. As well run as they are, even Genovese family has certainly had their share of indictments. They're strength has come more in how they weather the indictments than in avoiding them.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: Scorsese] #692030
01/21/13 12:15 AM
01/21/13 12:15 AM
UK
S
Underboss
S
Underboss
UK
i agree to an extent but crews shouldn't be totally transparent to thee feds. i wonder what the real power the genoveses actually have in the nyc underworld and beyond at the moment. i wonder if criminals and locals alike shudder when the threat of the crime family is brought up in conversation. are there any very recent murders that have been accredited to the family?

Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: Scorsese] #692031
01/21/13 12:27 AM
01/21/13 12:27 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Seems like you're one of those "if it ain't bodies dropping like flies they're no longer a factor" type of guys.

Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: Scorsese] #692034
01/21/13 12:34 AM
01/21/13 12:34 AM
UK
S
Underboss
S
Underboss
UK
no not at all just having a wonder. i live in the uk so i would like to know what weight they currently carry when their name is mentioned in the u.s. do people still fear death when they cross them and do they shudder? (not sure whether your comment was a reply to me as it touches on one point out of a whole paragraph but this is a reply just in case lol) smile

Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: streetbossliborio] #692035
01/21/13 12:39 AM
01/21/13 12:39 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

i agree to an extent but crews shouldn't be totally transparent to thee feds. i wonder what the real power the genoveses actually have in the nyc underworld and beyond at the moment. i wonder if criminals and locals alike shudder when the threat of the crime family is brought up in conversation. are there any very recent murders that have been accredited to the family?

Depends on what you mean by "very recent." Over the past decade you have Genovese associate Dino Bogino wounded in 2002, Genovese captain Al Bruno killed in 203, Genovese acting captain Larry Ricci killed in 2005, Genovese soldier Rudy Izzi killed in 2007, and Genovese associate Louis Antonelli killed in 2008.

There was also Nick Cirillo who disappeared in 2004. The Bonannos took him out but apparently got the OK from Dom Cirillo.

And in 2008 Genovese associate William Marcucci was killed but that was a personal thing involving his son and not really mob-related.

Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: Scorsese] #692037
01/21/13 12:45 AM
01/21/13 12:45 AM
UK
S
Underboss
S
Underboss
UK
thanks for the info ivyleague very interesting! also why would the elder cirillo give the go ahead to another family to whack his son? surely thats gotta look weak on the family? not to mention its his sonnn!!!

Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: streetbossliborio] #692049
01/21/13 01:52 AM
01/21/13 01:52 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

thanks for the info ivyleague very interesting! also why would the elder cirillo give the go ahead to another family to whack his son? surely thats gotta look weak on the family? not to mention its his sonnn!!!

Dom Cirillo is old school. His son raised hands to made guys (in the Bonanno family) and that alone was enough to get killed over. Beyond that, Cirillo had a drug problems for years and it appears his father had enough of him. From a purely LCN standpoint, he was simply following the rules.

Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: Scorsese] #692051
01/21/13 02:19 AM
01/21/13 02:19 AM
UK
S
Underboss
S
Underboss
UK
wow now that is a dedicated mafioso. i hope the younger cirillo wansn't told his father okayed the hit before it happened or was it a straight execution style and leave on the streets job?

Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: IvyLeague] #692079
01/21/13 10:16 AM
01/21/13 10:16 AM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Indictments are the best way to gauge the activity level of a crew or family. Even the smartest and most careful mobsters get busted nowadays. As well run as they are, even Genovese family has certainly had their share of indictments. They're strength has come more in how they weather the indictments than in avoiding them.

I disagree with this ivy. I can see why you use it as a starting point but it shouldnt be all inclusive. Look at the Gerardo/DeVita crew. Not a indictment in twenty years, and they are far from inactive. Or who knew that the Pernas even exsisted until 2007? Or ninny? What im saying is indictments arent always the best catalyst for showing how active a crew is. Not saying that i have any inside info so dont jump on me, but until an indictment comes all you have is pure rumor and speculation that you dispise. Once again, not trying to start an arguement here, just my point of veiw.

Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: IvyLeague] #692080
01/21/13 10:19 AM
01/21/13 10:19 AM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss

Dom Cirillo is old school. His son raised hands to made guys (in the Bonanno family) and that alone was enough to get killed over. Beyond that, Cirillo had a drug problems for years and it appears his father had enough of him. From a purely LCN standpoint, he was simply following the rules.

I disagree with this, thats not how it went down, but i have no sources i could/or am willing to quote so whatever.

Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: Skinny] #692200
01/21/13 07:42 PM
01/21/13 07:42 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Skinny
I disagree with this ivy. I can see why you use it as a starting point but it shouldnt be all inclusive. Look at the Gerardo/DeVita crew. Not a indictment in twenty years, and they are far from inactive.

There are exceptions to every rule but, generally speaking, indictments are the best way to measure activity. Especially over the long term. Not that I'm sure the Devita crew is a good example of an exception. It was cited in the 2004 NJ OC report and John "Blue" Defroscia, who I remember reading is in the DeVita crew, has been involved in big gambling busts in 2003 and 2009.

Quote:
Or who knew that the Pernas even exsisted until 2007?

The Pernas were very well known long before the 2007 arrests. You can go back to the 1980's with Mike Perna, the Taccettas, and the "Boys from New Jersey" mob case.

Quote:
Or ninny?

He was also involved in that 2003 gambling bust that got Defroscia and several others. I've had the suspicion that the Bruschi crew and Dentico crew are the same.

Quote:
What im saying is indictments arent always the best catalyst for showing how active a crew is. Not saying that i have any inside info so dont jump on me, but until an indictment comes all you have is pure rumor and speculation that you dispise. Once again, not trying to start an arguement here, just my point of veiw.

Again, not always but usually. Especially as more time goes by. It's why there's a lot of indictments in New York and none in Denver.

Quote:
I disagree with this, thats not how it went down, but i have no sources i could/or am willing to quote so whatever.

Well if you're not willing, or can't, explain why you believe that, why even bring it up?

Mob king Dominick Cirillo 'ordered the murder of his gangster son' (on Mothers' Day)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...others-Day.html

Last edited by IvyLeague; 01/21/13 09:17 PM.

Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: Scorsese] #692202
01/21/13 07:48 PM
01/21/13 07:48 PM
Massachusetts
southend Offline
Underboss
southend  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts
looks like hes in ray brook fci with emilio fusco

Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: Scorsese] #692208
01/21/13 08:46 PM
01/21/13 08:46 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Larry Dentico is retired. Someone probably runs his crew now or it was absorbed by someone else like Bruschi. As for Trucchio who runs his crew now? Lenny DiMaria is the top Florida guy out for the Gambino family at this point. Vinny Artuso is the other South Fla capo and he's in the slammer for another three years.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #692215
01/21/13 09:10 PM
01/21/13 09:10 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Larry Dentico is retired. Someone probably runs his crew now or it was absorbed by someone else like Bruschi. As for Trucchio who runs his crew now? Lenny DiMaria is the top Florida guy out for the Gambino family at this point. Vinny Artuso is the other South Fla capo and he's in the slammer for another three years.

Is Lenny the top FL guy? He's been out what 3 months?

Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: Camarel] #692219
01/21/13 09:23 PM
01/21/13 09:23 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: Camarel

Is Lenny the top FL guy? He's been out what 3 months?

About five months. I meant hypothetically more than anything else. Since Trucchio and Artuso are doing time he's the top Florida guy out. But Lenny's a good earner, he made a lot of money for the Gambino's.

Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: Scorsese] #692240
01/21/13 11:34 PM
01/21/13 11:34 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
Well i agree with you to a extent but you see my point. And johnny blue is with Tona Borelli. The reason you may be confused, is because he is like the entire states layoff book haha. A lot of guys from different crews are his sub agents.

As for the pernas and the M&Ms, yeah they were picked up in that case, but ralph wasnt. At least i dont think so. Mike P always had more pull than Ralph, but still. Plus there is their dad. I cant think of an indictment hes been in, but i know he has been making book and taking numbers sinces the 50s/60s. That big bust in 07 was his fathers book, and Mikes before that. Most of NJ has heard of the Pernas before either of those cases, and knew they were active. Mostly because they had literally thousands of customers.

Larry and Ninny are two different crews. Palumbo isnt with Ninny either (as ive seen on some charts). And yeah Joe, ive heard the same thing.

As for the thing with QDs son, like i said i disagree. These articles are making it out like "Cold Blooded Mobster Dom Cirillo Has Son Killed". Just like ive said ive heard different.

I guess my general point is that while indictments and press releases are good sources, in fact, the best you can have with out actually knowing a guy, they arent completely infallible. Now im not claiming i get weekly updates from the five families, but still, like a few others i have a little i can offer that wont be found online. I dont present it as fact or claim my sources themselves are infallible. Or will i get offended if some one doesnt agree with me or doesnt believe me. And sometimes they are in direct disagreement with indictments or reports. (eg johnny blue and ninny) Does it make it wrong? No. I understand you are going with the overwhelming evidence on things like the Fat Tony/Chin debacle (completely neutral btw) or Nick Cirillo. Like i said, my opinion may be different, is that the end of the world? I know what the evidence says and i respectfully disagree. Not trying to start a big knock down arguement here, just pointing out my difference in opinion. I think this site could use more rumors and gossip not found in Jerry Capeci. And i see ur point of veiw 100% percent, but whats wrong with both? Sourced vs Non Sourced information or rumors and ppl can decide for themselves. That being said, i enjoy the info you post here and hope to quote my main man Rodney, "Cant we all just get along"? lol

Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: Scorsese] #692243
01/21/13 11:47 PM
01/21/13 11:47 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Hey Skinny who's running Larry's crew now that he's presumably retired?

Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: Scorsese] #692244
01/21/13 11:49 PM
01/21/13 11:49 PM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Thanks For Sharing Skinny..I'm not a fan of Jerry Capeci the guy thinks hes gods gift to this world. Someone needs to teach him how to dougie!

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: Scorsese] #692246
01/21/13 11:53 PM
01/21/13 11:53 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
Ill pm ya Joe

Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: Skinny] #692391
01/22/13 07:09 PM
01/22/13 07:09 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Well i agree with you to a extent but you see my point. And johnny blue is with Tona Borelli. The reason you may be confused, is because he is like the entire states layoff book haha. A lot of guys from different crews are his sub agents.

You may very well be right about Defroscia being with Borelli. But this goes to my point about hearsay on the internet. A guy on another forum said he "heard" Johnny Blue was with DeVita. This has happened a number of times where a guy will hear one thing and another will hear something else. Hence, my usually relying on more official/sourced info.

Quote:
As for the pernas and the M&Ms, yeah they were picked up in that case, but ralph wasnt. At least i dont think so. Mike P always had more pull than Ralph, but still. Plus there is their dad. I cant think of an indictment hes been in, but i know he has been making book and taking numbers sinces the 50s/60s. That big bust in 07 was his fathers book, and Mikes before that. Most of NJ has heard of the Pernas before either of those cases, and knew they were active. Mostly because they had literally thousands of customers.

No, you're right. Mike was involved in that case but not Ralph.

Quote:
Larry and Ninny are two different crews. Palumbo isnt with Ninny either (as ive seen on some charts). And yeah Joe, ive heard the same thing.

Any idea who Palumbo was acting for when he was indicted as an acting captain back in 2009?

Also, where does this information come from that Dentico is retired? It's certainly possible (he's near 87 I think) but as late as 2009 he was said to be on the family's ruling panel.

Quote:
As for the thing with QDs son, like i said i disagree. These articles are making it out like "Cold Blooded Mobster Dom Cirillo Has Son Killed". Just like ive said ive heard different.

I don't have a problem with you hearing different. That's fine. I just think you should say what you heard. Not say, "I heard different but can't say anything."

Last edited by IvyLeague; 01/22/13 07:09 PM.

Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: Scorsese] #692394
01/22/13 07:30 PM
01/22/13 07:30 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Ivy I know you despise him but not everything EHI says is nonsense. Apart from Tony Salerno he's pretty on point with some stuff. When Dentico was released in 2009 he apparently retired from directing his crew and only served to make adminstrative decisions, hence the article that had him on a ruling panel. But I think he's pretty much done.

Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: Scorsese] #692396
01/22/13 07:33 PM
01/22/13 07:33 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
He was acting for Dentico. To the best of my knowledge. And to be honest i thought he was at first but he was made by T.

Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: Scorsese] #692397
01/22/13 07:34 PM
01/22/13 07:34 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
He being Blue.

Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: Scorsese] #692398
01/22/13 07:35 PM
01/22/13 07:35 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
Shit dbl check that. Tony was acting for larry. Blue was made by t

Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #692401
01/22/13 07:52 PM
01/22/13 07:52 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Ivy I know you despise him but not everything EHI says is nonsense. Apart from Tony Salerno he's pretty on point with some stuff.

Perhaps not. But he doesn't say much at this point. Because I didn't take his word for it on Fat Tony thing (wisely, if I do say so myself) he's just become an antagonist.

I like Skinny's approach. It's the same as pizzaboy's, as well as sticks from the RD forum. They put forth what they know but don't get bent out of shape, like EHI does, if you don't automatically agree with them.

Shit dbl check that. Tony was acting for larry. Blue was made by t

Thanks.

Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: Scorsese] #692402
01/22/13 07:55 PM
01/22/13 07:55 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
EHI does have that problem. It's why he's been banned twice. But I will say in matters of the Genovese Family he can be accurate. It's his rantings that make him less believable of course.

Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: IvyLeague] #692403
01/22/13 07:58 PM
01/22/13 07:58 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I like Skinny's approach. It's the same as pizzaboy's, as well as sticks from the RD forum. They put forth what they know but don't get bent out of shape, like EHI does, if you don't automatically agree with them.

Okay Ivy, then here's my opinion tongue grin.

Re Quiet Dom and Nick:

I'm going to post this one time and I'm not going to add to it again in the future. But for what it's worth, the man lived in very close proximity to me for many years. His daughter Ann Marie is very friendly with my wife, and our kids are all friends. And I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that QD hasn't been the same since the disappearance, and neither has the rest of his family.

Just because Vinny denied it to Massino in jail doesn't mean he didn't do it. It's called deniability. His saying that it "came from Dom" on tape could have been wink wink, nudge nudge, or it could just be that he was afraid to admit it to Massino, who was still the official boss at that time. Vinny's tough, but no one wants to die. No sane person, anyway.

In my opinion, as the ONLY person on this board who actually lived in the same neighborhood as both QD and Vinny at that time: Vinny did it on the sneak. And the court of public opinion in the East Bronx shares that opinion for the most part.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: alphonse trucchio given ten years [Re: Scorsese] #692404
01/22/13 08:17 PM
01/22/13 08:17 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
Bingo. Ask nickyeyes, i told him the same thing yesterday thru a pm. I agree 100%

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull