GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 190 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,729
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,301
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,527
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,406
Posts1,060,326
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: Little_Frankie] #658237
08/02/12 03:42 AM
08/02/12 03:42 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: Little_Frankie
Here is what I don't understand, how could someone let themselves be treated that way if they knew it was coming. In other words, this guy no longer had the element of surprise. His victims knew what was coming and they had time to prepare to defend themselves. If the guy walked in my house to assault or kidnap me, he would get beat to death if he were by himself. If there were other guys with him, there would be a full blown fire fight on my front porch. Either way, I can guaranty you I would not go quietly.

Knowing Sam he might put something in your mouth so you go quietly and wouldn't be able to talk.

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: Little_Frankie] #658330
08/02/12 07:08 PM
08/02/12 07:08 PM
southphilly old head Offline
Capo
southphilly old head  Offline
Capo
Little Frankie,i agree with you. There must of been some vulnerable people that he was dealing with. At least i would have taken someone out with me. Respect can only go so far before its an eye for an eye

Last edited by southphilly old head; 08/02/12 07:08 PM.
Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: Little_Frankie] #658367
08/03/12 05:39 AM
08/03/12 05:39 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Why did anyone ever walk into the Gemini Lounge or accept abuse from Tony Mirra or be silent as Gotti threatened to blow up their house? Why didn't Favara just kill Gotti once it became apparent that forgiveness wasn't part of Gotti's makeup?

I think it's because not only were people like that violently intimidating but they had at various points in time, hundreds of people behind them. So if you kill one, you would have to kill a whole bunch. And you'd never know who, when or where someone would be after you. Now is that preferable to being killed yourself? Well yes. But most people aren't killers and probably hoped right up until the last minute that it wouldn't happen to them.

If you're one of Mad Sam's victims I would bet that you didn't really know about his formal standing in the Outfit or his relationship or lack thereof with other gangsters. All you would know is that he's a vicious SOB and the police either can't do anything about him or work with him.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: Little_Frankie] #658368
08/03/12 07:09 AM
08/03/12 07:09 AM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
There was a story from back in the day that there was a club owner in Chicago that Mad Sam was trying to shakedown and he was actually putting up a fight but that did not last when Mad Sam threatened to kill his wife and kids and torture them all. Now that you don't want to mess with. See he was not like the old school mobsters who only dealt with only the people involved. But then again the outfit seemed always to have no problem with hurting women to get what they want. There was something I seen on the bio for Tony Accardo about them burning up an associates girlfriend for owing them money. They are ruthless.

Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: Little_Frankie] #658374
08/03/12 08:39 AM
08/03/12 08:39 AM
D
danielperrygin Offline
Underboss
danielperrygin  Offline
D
Underboss
If you want to get something out of me threatning my wife and son would not be the way to go, being a crazy mf is a choice that everyone makes for themselves and if an un armed man came up and said that to me i would get my 6 brothers and show Happy Sam wtf crazy really was. Im not bragging or callijg myself a bada** becwuse im not but come to my hometown and tell me your gonna torture my wife and son and you will be shown wtf crazy really is.

The best story about the tuna is whn the guys brke in his house and they found each one of them in a separate trunk.

Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: Little_Frankie] #658377
08/03/12 09:17 AM
08/03/12 09:17 AM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
I am with you on that one danielperrygin anyone threatens my wife and kids will end up in a box as long as I am around. But that story with those idiots that broke into tuna's house makes me laugh. Those boneheads picked the wrong house Lol. Accardo was the man.

Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: Little_Frankie] #658463
08/03/12 02:43 PM
08/03/12 02:43 PM
P
PP Offline
Made Member
PP  Offline
P
Made Member
Yeah, I'm sure we all would stand up to a known mobster with a history of killing and torturing people. Why not? We've all killed before and if not, how hard could it be?

If someone, a known killer and gangster, threatens your family then you will get upset and it will be a big deal. For him, not so much.

When dealing with a crazy person, you don't know what to expect. Bring what you want and who you want, he'll have numerous people that have killed before and to them it's nothing.

Give me a person that HAS killed numerous times before over someone protecting there family. It's real life, not the movies.

Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: PP] #658473
08/03/12 03:13 PM
08/03/12 03:13 PM
Capo
Capo
I understand totally what your saying pp but i have to agree with danielperry on this one. When a man has a family its his job to support and protect them to the fullest and if he messes up with wrong people and his family is threatened then its an eye for an eye

Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: southphilly old head] #658474
08/03/12 03:15 PM
08/03/12 03:15 PM
Capo
Capo
I am a city person and i wouldnt mind going to jail because i blown away this scum bag for threatning my family or got killed by his friends cause i killed this guy for threatning my family

Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: Little_Frankie] #658480
08/03/12 04:39 PM
08/03/12 04:39 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
Me to when you have kids you have no issues with dying for them at least I know I don't. No one is saying here they are tougher than Mad Sam or crazier but what we are saying is when it comes to your family it is worth dying.

Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: Little_Frankie] #658487
08/03/12 05:00 PM
08/03/12 05:00 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
To me, some of you are thinking too much. The post danielperrygin made, for example, he is going to react by going to get his 6 brothers. And how's that? You tell the guy, "Hey, I'm going to beat the shit out of you, but wait right here...I'll be back in a few..."?
Assuming a man, or his wife/family, was threatened face to face by the guy (gangster/crazy head/random guy), I'd think most men would react right then and there on the spot, w/out a thought.

Last edited by carmela; 08/03/12 05:01 PM.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: Little_Frankie] #658490
08/03/12 05:17 PM
08/03/12 05:17 PM
D
danielperrygin Offline
Underboss
danielperrygin  Offline
D
Underboss
I see where your coming from to pp but its not my fault the retard broke a cardinal rule and made a threat against my family without a gun to my son or wifes head. I dont are what.happens after the fact but if i haye a weapon at that moment the basturd will be dead. No i havent ever killed any but no one has ever made a threat aginst my family either my friend. If you want to set there and listen to it thats your bag baby but in my home town if that happened and i shot him the police wouldnt do nothing but take a statment from me and go on about their day.

Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: Little_Frankie] #658492
08/03/12 05:30 PM
08/03/12 05:30 PM
EddieCoyle Offline
Capo
EddieCoyle  Offline
Capo
No, MY dicks bigger!

tongue

Okla: Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them?
Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: carmela] #658494
08/03/12 05:35 PM
08/03/12 05:35 PM
D
danielperrygin Offline
Underboss
danielperrygin  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: carmela
To me, some of you are thinking too much. The post danielperrygin made, for example, he is going to react by going to get his 6 brothers. And how's that? You tell the guy, "Hey, I'm going to beat the shit out of you, but wait right here...I'll be back in a few..."?
Assuming a man, or his wife/family, was threatened face to face by the guy (gangster/crazy head/random guy), I'd think most men would react right then and there on the spot, w/out a thought.

First off let me say i pray none of this ever happens and im nt tryin to make this a pissing contest. That being said my closest brother is a year younger than me, he is my shadow he lives works eats with me, im a very passive person but he is far from that. The rest of my brothers all work for me and live on the same street as me. I guess what im trying to say is i dont have to go anywhere to get my brothers andi would react at that moment if ayone decided to he that stupid.

Last edited by danielperrygin; 08/03/12 05:36 PM.
Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: PP] #658495
08/03/12 05:39 PM
08/03/12 05:39 PM
D
danielperrygin Offline
Underboss
danielperrygin  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: PP
It's real life, not the movies.

Exactly, the gangsters are not superman in real life.

Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: Little_Frankie] #658501
08/03/12 06:06 PM
08/03/12 06:06 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
I agree with daniel, actually. There have been instances over the past 16 years of marriage, where my husband has reacted without thinking. One time in a pizzeria in Iowa (dont ask), I ordered a slice and a soda at the counter, and the guy that took my order said to the oven guy (in Italian), "get this bitch a slice", not realizing we understood the language. Before I knew what happened, my husband had the guy and smashed his head on the counter and hit him with something, and told him (in Italian), "before you call people names, make sure they don't understand the language"...then we left...quickly.
He's no super tough guy, but when he hears something he doesn't like, like this..there is no turning him off, he's going in and that's that.

Although, he also punched a guy in the face a few months ago in Lowe's, for stealing his cart (un-related to defending my honor at all), so maybe it's just my husband that has issues. grin

Last edited by carmela; 08/03/12 06:10 PM.

Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: Little_Frankie] #658503
08/03/12 06:22 PM
08/03/12 06:22 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
Carmela your husband does not have issues he just don't take no shit it's all good.

Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: TonyG] #658505
08/03/12 06:33 PM
08/03/12 06:33 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: TonyG
Originally Posted By: BarrettM
Who do you all reckon the next Mobsters should be about?

I am surprised they haven't made one about either Columbo or Profaci. I believe that a Carmine Persico episode will air this season.

Outside of NY (the epicenter), I would like to see one on the New England / Patriarcha family and the St Louis car bombings in the early 80's (I think there were 18 car bombings in about 5 years).

I would also enjoy seeing an episode about some of the old Irish gangs.

Maybe Colombo but i doubt Profaci not much is known about him

except the stuff with the Gallos. I'd love to see a New England

or maybe a Cleveland one.

Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: Little_Frankie] #658506
08/03/12 06:39 PM
08/03/12 06:39 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
I would like to see one on Buffalo

Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: carmela] #658508
08/03/12 06:42 PM
08/03/12 06:42 PM
Capo
Capo
well Carmela it all depends on the situation right i mean if he shows up unexpectedly with 4 goons then you would have to stall dont you think? Lets not be to nieve but then you set up to meet him simply by telling him you have is money then y0u get the chance to GET EVEN

Last edited by southphilly old head; 08/03/12 06:46 PM.
Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: southphilly old head] #658522
08/03/12 07:16 PM
08/03/12 07:16 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: southphilly old head
well Carmela it all depends on the situation right i mean if he shows up unexpectedly with 4 goons then you would have to stall dont you think? Lets not be to nieve but then you set up to meet him simply by telling him you have is money then y0u get the chance to GET EVEN

All they were saying ( i think ) was when family is insulted or threatened you act they weren't detailing a plan to bring down a gangster lol.

Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: Camarel] #658523
08/03/12 07:17 PM
08/03/12 07:17 PM
Capo
Capo
just my city mentality coming out lol

Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: danielperrygin] #658535
08/03/12 07:51 PM
08/03/12 07:51 PM
P
PP Offline
Made Member
PP  Offline
P
Made Member
Originally Posted By: danielperrygin
I see where your coming from to pp but its not my fault the retard broke a cardinal rule and made a threat against my family without a gun to my son or wifes head. I dont are what.happens after the fact but if i haye a weapon at that moment the basturd will be dead. No i havent ever killed any but no one has ever made a threat aginst my family either my friend. If you want to set there and listen to it thats your bag baby but in my home town if that happened and i shot him the police wouldnt do nothing but take a statment from me and go on about their day.

I see what your saying.

I understand the idea of defending a family member. But we're not talking about some schlub insulting someone's wife or some punk talking shit to your kids. We're talking about gangsters, mentally unsatble gangsters that you know have done insane things and killed numerous people, threatening you and your family.

Walking down the street and some random ass hole insulting your wife or some drunk punching you or your brother are completely different situations.

When Mad Sam comes with a gun and points it at you and threatens your kids and family, there is nothing you can do. You're smart and you protect your family and kids by paying the man his money. Right?

If it was so easy, then gangsters would have been getting dropped right and left in the old days for threatening people. I just think it's naive and a product of the internet for people to think they would stand up to Mad Sam and kill him.

Just for clarification, I'm making a difference between Mad Sam/gangsters and random assholes/losers/drunks from the street.

Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: PP] #658542
08/03/12 08:11 PM
08/03/12 08:11 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: PP
Originally Posted By: danielperrygin

I see what your saying.

I understand the idea of defending a family member. But we're not talking about some schlub insulting someone's wife or some punk talking shit to your kids. We're talking about gangsters, mentally unsatble gangsters that you know have done insane things and killed numerous people, threatening you and your family.

Walking down the street and some random ass hole insulting your wife or some drunk punching you or your brother are completely different situations.

When Mad Sam comes with a gun and points it at you and threatens your kids and family, there is nothing you can do. You're smart and you protect your family and kids by paying the man his money. Right?

If it was so easy, then gangsters would have been getting dropped right and left in the old days for threatening people. I just think it's naive and a product of the internet for people to think they would stand up to Mad Sam and kill him.

Just for clarification, I'm making a difference between Mad Sam/gangsters and random assholes/losers/drunks from the street.

There is no gun involved in his 1st comment he said an unarmed man in his 2nd he said without a gun to his son or wifes head.

Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: Little_Frankie] #658549
08/03/12 09:00 PM
08/03/12 09:00 PM
Netherlands
B
B_A_ Offline
Button
B_A_  Offline
B
Button
Netherlands
Sam, and all the other mobsters, prayed upon the weak. That's it, the rule of all mafia's: the law of the most violent ones.
A completely deranged Sam with an army to back him up against the weakest of the Chicago juice-market? Not a chance. His victims weren't apoplexy with muscle, just losers with nowhere to turn. Not self-assured guys ready to defend themselves, and if they were, he'd take some guys with him. He wasn't the smartest, but wasn't that stupid.

Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: Little_Frankie] #658550
08/03/12 09:02 PM
08/03/12 09:02 PM
Netherlands
B
B_A_ Offline
Button
B_A_  Offline
B
Button
Netherlands
And remember, guns don't kill people, Americans do :-).

Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: Little_Frankie] #658551
08/03/12 09:07 PM
D
danielperrygin Offline
Underboss
danielperrygin  Offline
D
Underboss
Yep im with ou pp, if anyon has a gun to my family i dont care what the demand i comply. But if someone is standing there telling me they are going to kill my wife ajd son after they hurt them for a long time and they are no where around, what other choice do you have to eliminate this possibilty that very second. What if you are short on his cash a couple weeks and he decides to go ahead with parts of his plan? In thr words of Joe B "you have to be sure" he has no chance to kill your family after a threat like that is made.

Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: B_A_] #658552
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: B_A_
And remember, guns don't kill people, Americans do :-).

And don't you forget it!

Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: B_A_] #658717
08/04/12 03:26 PM
08/04/12 03:26 PM
P
PP Offline
Made Member
PP  Offline
P
Made Member
Originally Posted By: B_A_
Sam, and all the other mobsters, prayed upon the weak. That's it, the rule of all mafia's: the law of the most violent ones.
A completely deranged Sam with an army to back him up against the weakest of the Chicago juice-market? Not a chance. His victims weren't apoplexy with muscle, just losers with nowhere to turn. Not self-assured guys ready to defend themselves, and if they were, he'd take some guys with him. He wasn't the smartest, but wasn't that stupid.

Good post. True.

Re: Mobsters: Mad Sam Destefano [Re: Little_Frankie] #689920
01/11/13 02:01 AM
01/11/13 02:01 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
I just watched this episode on tv..Sam's behavior was pretty f'd up I get a kick outta the cook county detective that would drink the piss laced coffee....His wife Rita was probably glad when he got whacked I'm sure she slept around for an older women she was a nice looking little Italian women ..I'm sure she cheated on him..

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull