GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Malavita, 1 invisible), 596 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,082
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,373
Posts1,059,542
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Inside Montreal’s bloody Mafia war [Re: Strax] #658583
08/03/12 11:07 PM
08/03/12 11:07 PM
Montreal
T
Tonymtl Offline
Button
Tonymtl  Offline
T
Button
Montreal
Cause they news of him being extradited would have been circulating already. He's out in 2 months.

Re: Inside Montreal’s bloody Mafia war [Re: Tonymtl] #658584
08/03/12 11:18 PM
08/03/12 11:18 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
It's a pity. He would make a nice addition to the collection we already have gathered from other continents (Caruana, the Cun-treras, Rosario Gambino, soon also Vito Roberto Palazzolo)

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Inside Montreal’s bloody Mafia war [Re: Strax] #658587
08/03/12 11:43 PM
08/03/12 11:43 PM
D
danielperrygin Offline
Underboss
danielperrygin  Offline
D
Underboss
Ice crewm an?

Re: Inside Montreal’s bloody Mafia war [Re: Tonymtl] #658588
08/03/12 11:47 PM
08/03/12 11:47 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Tonymtl
Montreal mafia war is over. It's been over since montagna died. Vengeance was served. I said it before that American gangsters could not handle Montreal. In Montreal we don't extort from our own people. We don't extort from working class Italian businessmen. He tried. He tried taxing a lot. Now he's dead. Vito will be back. Lopresti, Suzuki and montagna all part of his revenge. Ice cream guy will be next. He's already on the run.

You mean the Rizzutos weren't extorting Montreal business owners? There's tons of evidence of their two enforcers, Del Balso and Giordano, extorting, beating, killing.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Inside Montreal’s bloody Mafia war [Re: danielperrygin] #658589
08/03/12 11:50 PM
08/03/12 11:50 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: danielperrygin
Ice crewm an?

Domenico Arcuri, the elder one, who "inherited" a Montreal ice cream business from Paolo Violi. I'm not sure if his son, who presumably conspired with Montagna, is now running this business.

Re: Inside Montreal’s bloody Mafia war [Re: Strax] #658594
08/04/12 12:37 AM
08/04/12 12:37 AM
EddieCoyle Offline
Capo
EddieCoyle  Offline
Capo
The Rizzuto's are/were most certainly extorting Italians/Italian Canadians. That's just silly to assume other wise. The Mafia's main targets for protection rackets have been their own kind.

Okla: Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them?
Re: Inside Montreal’s bloody Mafia war [Re: Tonymtl] #658600
08/04/12 01:32 AM
08/04/12 01:32 AM
D
danielperrygin Offline
Underboss
danielperrygin  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Tonymtl
Cause they news of him being extradited would have been circulating already. He's out in 2 months.

Really? Do you really think they will let him walk out the front gate(and get in his limo)? That would be good for the headlines, and the forums.

Re: Inside Montreal’s bloody Mafia war [Re: EddieCoyle] #658663
08/04/12 11:34 AM
08/04/12 11:34 AM
Montreal
T
Tonymtl Offline
Button
Tonymtl  Offline
T
Button
Montreal
They were mostly extorting from illegal rackets and drugs. They invested and worked alongside legitimate business owners to turn profits in legal business like construction.

Re: Inside Montreal’s bloody Mafia war [Re: Tonymtl] #658973
08/06/12 07:54 AM
08/06/12 07:54 AM
Quebec, Canada
vito_andolini Offline
Button
vito_andolini  Offline
Button
Quebec, Canada
I agree with most of you guys: it doesn't seem like "the war" is over for good. Maybe for the next few months, but... The second half of this article attempts to decipher what can happen in the next few months, while also legitimizing the Calabrian power and influence in Canada since Vito's incarceration, notably in the Toronto/Woodbridge areas. Enjoy--

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/08/05/mob-chieftains-return-sparks-concerns

Not just getting my stripes, something I can't talk about. Something that was ruining my whole life and he made it right. For what I owe him, I would follow that man into hell.
Re: Inside Montreal’s bloody Mafia war [Re: Strax] #658981
08/06/12 10:09 AM
08/06/12 10:09 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
The writer states that the other two names of the suspects arrested for the murder of Montagna were unnamed, which is incorrect. The other names, besides Mirarchi, Racaniello and Desjardins are Calogero Milioto and Pietro Magistrale. Magistrale was later released. Desjardins nephew Hugo Desjardins was also arrested for possession of a firearm.

Also, the article lingers on the theory of Calabrian groups being behind it. Montagna or any other individuals in Montreal, most of whom are connected to the New York Bonanno family, wouldn't necessarily need support from Calabrian groups outside Montreal to make a move inside Montreal.

I think Montagna's trips to Toronto were only meant to consult with individuals or groups with ties to the Rizzuto family in Montreal. Without doing so he could have risked retaliation.

Re: Inside Montreal’s bloody Mafia war [Re: Strax] #658984
08/06/12 10:28 AM
08/06/12 10:28 AM
Newcastle Upon Tyne
short841 Offline
Underboss
short841  Offline
Underboss
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I tell you what, I cant wait for this war to end and a book to be written about it.

"You shouldn’t be embarrassed by your wealth. This contempt for money is another trick by the rich to keep the poor without it" - Michael Corleone

"You don't have to count the dead to understand the business of the Camorra" Gomorrah, Roberto Saviano
Re: Inside Montreal’s bloody Mafia war [Re: Sonny_Black] #658989
08/06/12 11:48 AM
08/06/12 11:48 AM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
The writer states that the other two names of the suspects arrested for the murder of Montagna were unnamed, which is incorrect. The other names, besides Mirarchi, Racaniello and Desjardins are Calogero Milioto and Pietro Magistrale. Magistrale was later released. Desjardins nephew Hugo Desjardins was also arrested for possession of a firearm.

Also, the article lingers on the theory of Calabrian groups being behind it. Montagna or any other individuals in Montreal, most of whom are connected to the New York Bonanno family, wouldn't necessarily need support from Calabrian groups outside Montreal to make a move inside Montreal.

I think Montagna's trips to Toronto were only meant to consult with individuals or groups with ties to the Rizzuto family in Montreal. Without doing so he could have risked retaliation.

Sonny:

We don't know what Montagna was doing in Toronto. In my long post in the "Mob chieftain's return sparks concerns" thread, I declared that Montreal is still the hub for Italian organized crime in Canada, as I don't believe Toronto has taken over the top spot. (Nor do I subscribe to the theory that a coalition of crime groups in Ontario took over.) But Toronto is still an important centre of Italian organized-crime activity in Canada. Always has been.

The Rizzuto organization has long-established roots in Toronto and other cities in Ontario. The Rizzutos have always had blood relatives, close paesani, and criminal associates in the Toronto area. Lee Lamothe, co-author of The Sixth Family, once posted on the Real Deal about how the Rizzuto organization also consisted of Calabrian crime cells -- he was probably referring to the Toronto-area Commissos, the Musitano group in Hamilton, and 'ndranghetisti living in Montreal who probably are part of the Siderno Group in the Toronto area.

Mostly everyone of significance that Montagna could have talked to in Toronto -- whether members of Sicilian Cosa Nostra, of the 'ndrangheta, etc. -- would have tipped off the Rizzuto organization about his intentions. But I would agree with you that he could have talked with select individuals in the Toronto area (whose names have never appeared in books or articles) and with people who would have no love for the Rizzutos, e.g., Paolo Violi's sons and nephews (Violi's brothers' sons). The Mafia inc. co-authors stated only that Violi's sons were not opposed to Sergio Piccirilli's murderous desires, not that Violi's sons were behind the murders of Nick Rizzuto Sr., Paolo Renda, and Agostino Cun trera.

I suspect Montagna already knew people in the Toronto area before he ever chose Montreal as the city to which he would be deported. But the theory his trips to Ontario must have been to plot the ouster of the Rizzutos is as tenouous as the theory that Vito Rizzuto's meetings with Pat Musitano in 1997 meant Vito and other Montrealers wanted John Papalia killed.

Re: Inside Montreal’s bloody Mafia war [Re: Strax] #659055
08/06/12 04:13 PM
08/06/12 04:13 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
I'm thinking that if Montagna was behind Agostino Cun trera's murder then he might have consulted some of the Cun trera-Caruanas in Toronto first, in order to seek permission. He might also have consulted Giacinto Arcuri, because of his relation with the Arcuris in Montreal.

Re: Inside Montreal’s bloody Mafia war [Re: Strax] #659221
08/07/12 09:43 PM
08/07/12 09:43 PM
Quebec, Canada
vito_andolini Offline
Button
vito_andolini  Offline
Button
Quebec, Canada
Update on Raynald Desjardins Trial: trial is put on hold until Sept.14th to give the defence a chance to analyze data.

Vittorio Mirarchi bail hearing set for Sept.19-21

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2012/08/07/les-procedures-sont-reportees-en-septembre

Not just getting my stripes, something I can't talk about. Something that was ruining my whole life and he made it right. For what I owe him, I would follow that man into hell.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull