GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 64 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,123
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,385
Posts1,059,733
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 79 of 141 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 140 141
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #652751
06/22/12 07:31 PM
06/22/12 07:31 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Obama pick for NLRB was top lawyer for union tainted by mob ties, history of corruption
By Doug McKelway
Published June 22, 2012

The rap sheet for members of the International Union of Operating Engineers reads like something out of "Goodfellas."

Embezzlement. Wire fraud. Bribery. That's just scratching the surface of crimes committed by the IUOE ranks. And it is from this union that President Obama earlier this year picked one of his latest appointees to the National Labor Relations Board, the federal agency tasked with resolving labor disputes between unions and management.

That recess appointee, Richard Griffin, was former general counsel for the 400,000-member union of heavy equipment operators -- a union tainted over the years by mob connections and a history of corruption.

Public documents obtained by Fox News show that more than 60 IUOE members have been arrested, indicted or jailed in the last decade on charges that include labor racketeering, extortion, criminal enterprise, bodily harm and workplace sabotage.

In some of the more egregious examples, federal prosecutors alleged in February 2003 that the Genovese and Colombo crime families wrested control of two IUOE locals, and stole $3.6 million from major New York area construction projects -- including the Museum of Modern Art and minor league baseball stadiums for the Yankees and Mets in Staten and Coney Islands.

Congress and the American public may never know whether Griffin's fiduciary responsibilities as general counsel were compromised by the avalanche of arrests, indictments and prosecutions of IUOE members. Griffin did not respond to Fox News' request for an interview. Before joining the NLRB, he served in various positions at the IUOE dating back to 1983.

But records indicate he did not take an active role in representing any of the accused union members in criminal matters while he was general counsel for the union.

In at least one case during Griffin's tenure, the IUOE national headquarters placed a local that had run afoul of the law into trusteeship. But it remains unclear what other firewalls, if any, Griffin erected to separate the national union from its corrupt locals, or how he dealt with individual local union members who were in legal trouble.

On April 9, 2008, a dozen high-ranking members of an IUOE local in Buffalo, N.Y., were arrested for damaging more than 40 pieces of heavy machinery at construction sites where non-union workers were hired. They poured sand into oil systems, and cut tires and fuel lines. They also ran the license plate numbers of victims through a state database to get personal information including the names and addresses of victims' wives.

Among the individual union members and associates prosecuted in various investigations were:

Andrew Merola, a high-ranking member of the Gambino crime family who, in 2010, admitted to committing nine different acts of racketeering, including wire fraud involving a no-show/low-show job he got as an operating engineer for local 825 of the IUOE.

James Roemer, a former treasurer of Operating Engineers local 14, who was sentenced in September 2003 to 41 months imprisonment and ordered to pay $2.7 million in restitution for conspiracy to fraudulently receive unlawful labor payments.

Joel Waverly Cacace, Sr. The imprisoned acting boss of the Colombo crime family conspired with IUOE members to get a paid no-show construction job for his son, Jo-Jo Cacace, Jr. The senior Cacace was sent to prison in February 2003 for 20 years. The three-year investigation that sent him to jail also produced more than 24 other convictions.

Former U.S. Attorney and present New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie prosecuted some of the IUOE criminal cases. In one of Christie's prosecutions, Kenneth Campbell, the former business manager of local 825 of the IUOE, pleaded guilty to embezzling $200,000 from his union and taking bribes from contractors to buy high-end electronics and a Lincoln Town Car for his father, a retired IUOE member.

Then-U.S. Attorney Christie, said, "Campbell and his cronies were simply corrupt. They treated local 825 like a piggy bank at will to treat themselves to luxuries at the expense of dues-paying members they ripped off."

Because he was recess appointed, Richard Griffin, Jr., underwent no congressional scrutiny before he was sworn in on Jan. 9 of this year.

At the time of his recess appointment, Sen. Mike Enzi, R-Wyo., ranking member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, told the Wall Street Journal he was, "extremely disappointed" in Obama's decision to "avoid the constitutionally mandated Senate confirmation process." He said that two of three nominees for the NLRB, including Griffin, were submitted to the Senate on Dec. 15, just before the Senate was to adjourn, allowing only a day to review the nominees.

Griffin has been an advocate for enhanced NLRB power for decades.

In 1988 testimony before the U.S. House Subcommittee on Employer/Employee relations, Griffin, who was then serving on the Board of Trustees of IUOE's Central Pension Fund, argued for more power for the NLRB to fine companies without a court order to enforce its rulings. He also argued against legislation that would have forced the NLRB and the Department of Labor to pay the legal costs for small businesses who won in court against unions.

Griffin's tenure on the NLRB will be longer than most recess appointees. The president delayed his appointment by one day until the start of a new congressional session -- effectively doubling to two years his stay. Recess appointments last until the end of the Senate's next session -- meaning Griffin will sit on the NLRB until December 2013.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/...-criminal-past/

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #652785
06/22/12 09:38 PM
06/22/12 09:38 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Great article by the NYTImes on the Generation Gap, I HIGHLY suggest you read it. Here is a snippet:

Throughout the 1980s and ’90s, younger and older adults voted in largely similar ways, with a majority of each supporting the winner in every presidential election. Sometime around 2004, though, older voters began moving right, while younger voters shifted left.

Beyond political parties, the two have different views on many of the biggest questions before the country. The young not only favor gay marriage and school funding more strongly; they are also notably less religious, more positive toward immigrants, less hostile to Social Security cuts and military cuts and more optimistic about the country’s future. They are both more open to change and more confident that life in the United States will remain good.

Their optimism is especially striking in the context of their economic troubles. Older Americans have obviously suffered in recent years, with many now fearing a significantly diminished retirement. But the economic slump of the last decade — a mediocre expansion, followed by a terrible downturn — has still taken a much higher toll on the young. Less established in their working lives, they have struggled to get hired and to hold on to jobs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/24/opinion/sunday/the-generation-gap-is-back.html

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Dapper_Don] #652792
06/22/12 10:33 PM
06/22/12 10:33 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Sometime around 2004, though, older voters began moving right, while younger voters shifted left.

Beyond political parties, the two have different views on many of the biggest questions before the country. The young not only favor gay marriage and school funding more strongly; they are also notably less religious, more positive toward immigrants, less hostile to Social Security cuts and military cuts and more optimistic about the country’s future. They are both more open to change and more confident that life in the United States will remain good.

Their optimism is especially striking in the context of their economic troubles. Older Americans have obviously suffered in recent years, with many now fearing a significantly diminished retirement. But the economic slump of the last decade — a mediocre expansion, followed by a terrible downturn — has still taken a much higher toll on the young. Less established in their working lives, they have struggled to get hired and to hold on to jobs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/24/opinion/sunday/the-generation-gap-is-back.html

You can chalk much of that up to the naivete of youth. And people wonder why things are going to crap.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #653394
06/27/12 02:50 PM
06/27/12 02:50 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
I previously mentioned that the Pennsylvania GOP State House reps passed legislation requiring all voters to show a driver's license or other state-issued photo IDs in order to vote. They claimed it was to prevent voter fraud although there've been no substantiated complaints of voter fraud in decades.

Well, a GOP rep, Mike Turzai addressed a local county Republican meeting of committeepersons and listed the GOP accomplishments, including the ID requirement, which he boasted, "will ensure that Mitt Romney will be the next president of the US-done."

The thin, transparent curtain has been pulled wide open.

My 98 year old grandmother has not had a driver's license for more than a decade. She's been told that in order to vote she has to apply and purchase an original birth certificate from the Dept. of Vital Statistics, schedule a photo date at PennDOT, and then go there and purchase an ID card. She won't do it because been voting at the same place, twice a year for the past 75+ years. She says there's no way in hell they're going to stop her.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #653395
06/27/12 02:53 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Good for her! I hope she makes headlines, Klyd!

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Election 2012 [Re: klydon1] #653396
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Looks like the Republicans REALLY want to win Pennsylvania.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #653405
06/27/12 04:18 PM
06/27/12 04:18 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
PA has been a Blue State since 1988. The PA House first gerrymandered the Congressional districts to protect Republican congressmen and jeopardize the Democrats. My present congressional district is a selection of several contiguous counties, connected by a thin strip stretching 85 miles northeast to another block. Then they tried to change our electoral apportionment, so that the electoral votes would be divided by determining which candidate won which district. If Obama would garner the same votes he received in '08, he'd win a solid majority of the votes, but he'd lose a majority of the electoral votes.

Fortunately this was shot down.

Also, our Governor Tom Corbett, who as Attorney General refused to investigate Jerry Sandusky's organization, Second Mile, told his State GOP committees that to win his 2010 election, he needed to keep voter turnout down at 50% to insure victory. They see this as the master plan for a possible Romney victory in November.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #653414
06/27/12 04:52 PM
06/27/12 04:52 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
PA's unemployment rate edged up to 7.4%. It could be tough to go Democratic.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Election 2012 [Re: olivant] #653418
06/27/12 05:10 PM
06/27/12 05:10 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: olivant
PA's unemployment rate edged up to 7.4%. It could be tough to go Democratic.

Obama's leads here have been pretty steady, but as you know, that can change. We've been getting a solid stream of Romney tv and radio ads over the past month. Only a few so far for Obama.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #653419
06/27/12 05:20 PM
06/27/12 05:20 PM
St. Louis
J
JonahPerelman Offline
Wiseguy
JonahPerelman  Offline
J
Wiseguy
St. Louis
Latest stats I've heard is that, thanks to Citizens United and Monday's Montana case, Romney is projected to outspend Barry by ten to one.

Ten... to... one.

I was pretty confident until I saw that. I can't imagine Mitt making a good impression on anyone during the debates. Barry'll eat his lunch for him there. But if you're talking about outspending your opponent by ten to one, it's tough to feel good about the outcome.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #653431
06/27/12 06:11 PM
06/27/12 06:11 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
A Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll showed Obama and the Republican presidential candidate in a dead heat nationally.

Obama was pulling 47 percent, to Romney's 44 percent -- the president's lead fell well within the poll's 3.1 percentage point margin of error.

Still, the poll showed Obama leading 50-42 percent among swing-state residents. The survey interviewed residents in Ohio, Florida and 10 other swing states.

That state of play was echoed in a Quinnipiac University poll of voters in Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania.

The poll showed Obama leading 47 percent to Romney's 38 percent in Ohio, and 45-39 percent in Pennsylvania. Obama was holding onto a narrower lead in Florida, edging out Romney 45 percent to 41 percent

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/.../#ixzz1z2fSkbKA

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #654638
07/06/12 01:50 PM
07/06/12 01:50 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
It is estimated that there are presently 750,000 Pennsylvanians, who are registered to vote, but lack a state-issued photo ID needed to vote in the upcoming election under the new voter ID law.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: klydon1] #654639
07/06/12 02:35 PM
07/06/12 02:35 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Originally Posted By: klydon1
It is estimated that there are presently 750,000 Pennsylvanians, who are registered to vote, but lack a state-issued photo ID needed to vote in the upcoming election under the new voter ID law.

Kly, that seems so unfair. Since most people are not political "geeks", there's a good chance many don't know of this new law. Were these people at least sent anything notifying them of the new procedure? Plus, I wonder how many vote by mail (as I do). They simply won't send a ballot or what? confused Lots of potential trouble if you ask me. Like the 90 something old lady in Tennessee that had been voting all her life and was told she needed a birth certificate.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 07/06/12 02:36 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Election 2012 [Re: JonahPerelman] #654640
07/06/12 02:40 PM
07/06/12 02:40 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

Originally Posted By: JonahPerelman
Latest stats I've heard is that, thanks to Citizens United and Monday's Montana case, Romney is projected to outspend Barry by ten to one.

Ten... to... one.

I was pretty confident until I saw that. I can't imagine Mitt making a good impression on anyone during the debates. Barry'll eat his lunch for him there. But if you're talking about outspending your opponent by ten to one, it's tough to feel good about the outcome.

Those fundraising numbers are troubling, any idea how many debates there will be and when they will air?

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #654654
07/06/12 06:18 PM
07/06/12 06:18 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

While I imagine most on here would already have their personal opinion of the results in hand well before the debate even aired, why are you so sure Obama would eat Romney for lunch in them?

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #654673
07/06/12 10:09 PM
07/06/12 10:09 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
I'm not from the us but you're elections always make me interested. So Romney or Obama?

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Dapper_Don] #654676
07/06/12 10:19 PM
07/06/12 10:19 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

Those fundraising numbers are troubling, any idea how many debates there will be and when they will air?

October 3,16,27.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: IvyLeague] #654684
07/06/12 11:15 PM
07/06/12 11:15 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
While I imagine most on here would already have their personal opinion of the results in hand well before the debate even aired, why are you so sure Obama would eat Romney for lunch in them?

Well im going by Romney's previous debate performances. I cant even begin to count all the articles, debate coverage that I watched which lamented his performance(s).

I was so used to all these GOP debates, I am dissapointed we have to wait until October to see these guys go at it. I enjoy the back and forth shots candidates throw at each other. smile

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 07/10/12 12:38 AM.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #654921
07/09/12 07:47 PM
07/09/12 07:47 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
This time, it's personal....
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arch...ys-skin/259596/

Quote:
Mitt Romney has had enough. Fed up with President Obama's attacks on his business record, he is -- or at least his surrogates are -- going to drop the Mr. Nice Guy act and start calling his opponent a liar, BuzzFeed's McKay Coppins reports. Romney's campaign had already gone there -- an email Saturday from spokeswoman Andrea Saul was headlined "Obama's Desperate Lies," for example -- but to turn the L-word, usually avoided in politics, into a surrogate talking point represents a new front.

To the many Republicans thirsty for blood and concerned that Romney's campaign has been too passive, this will surely be welcome news. But it's rather ironic that Team Romney appears to have been baited into an emotional reaction after months of trying, unsuccessfully, to bait the Obama campaign....

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #654932
07/10/12 12:17 AM
07/10/12 12:17 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Re: Election 2012 [Re: IvyLeague] #654936
07/10/12 12:24 AM
07/10/12 12:24 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

The Pep Boys.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #655122
07/11/12 08:19 PM
07/11/12 08:19 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Havent passed these on here in a while, enjoy:

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Dapper_Don] #655129
07/11/12 09:57 PM
07/11/12 09:57 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

While the overall hypocritical and contradictive point stands, I don't know how you can post that, Dapper. Considering the lashings Obama, Joe Biden, and Hillary Clinton gave each other during the Democratic primaries. Only to later have Obama make one his VP and the other his Secretary of State; and them accept the positions despite the reservations they said they had about him being President. Or did you just forget about that?

Re: Election 2012 [Re: IvyLeague] #655154
07/12/12 07:35 AM
07/12/12 07:35 AM
Berlin, Germany
Danito Offline
Underboss
Danito  Offline
Underboss
Berlin, Germany
Original geschrieben von: IvyLeague
Considering the lashings Obama, Joe Biden, and Hillary Clinton gave each other during the Democratic primaries. Only to later have Obama make one his VP and the other his Secretary of State; and them accept the positions despite the reservations they said they had about him being President. Or did you just forget about that?

Although Clinton went a bit dirty (the 3 a.m. clip), I don't think you will find anything from Obama's side against her. He continually praised her for everything she had done. When he had lost the primaries in New Hampshire, he started his "Yes we can"-speech with the following words:
"Well, first of all, I want to congratulate Senator Clinton on a hard-fought victory here in New Hampshire. She did an outstanding job. Give her a big round of applause."

I find his campaign this year much more aggressive than 4 years ago.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: IvyLeague] #655193
07/12/12 02:40 PM
07/12/12 02:40 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

While the overall hypocritical and contradictive point stands, I don't know how you can post that, Dapper. Considering the lashings Obama, Joe Biden, and Hillary Clinton gave each other during the Democratic primaries. Only to later have Obama make one his VP and the other his Secretary of State; and them accept the positions despite the reservations they said they had about him being President. Or did you just forget about that?

I posted it because it has some valid points, obcourse I didnt forget the Democratic primaries. It was common knowledge that Biden didnt have a real shot and he just stayed in as an "audition" for a spot in the administration. Hillary swallowed her pride (she didnt really want to be in the admin) to accept a position cause the Obama people wanted to unify the entire party and bring over the Clinton backers to his side.

I dont know about you, but I just dont see Santorum being Secretary of _______ or Gingrich being in the cabinet even if Romney wins. The attacks and things these guys said to each other was much worse than anything the Dems ever said to each other during that primary.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 07/12/12 02:40 PM.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #655212
07/12/12 04:41 PM
07/12/12 04:41 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Let the revelations begin...

Republican candidate Mitt Romney was listed as the chairman and CEO of Bain Capital on certain government documents years after 1999, when he ostensibly left the private equity firm, The Boston Globe reports.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/election...ticle-1.1112875

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 07/12/12 04:55 PM.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Danito] #655220
07/12/12 06:29 PM
07/12/12 06:29 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Danito
Although Clinton went a bit dirty (the 3 a.m. clip), I don't think you will find anything from Obama's side against her. He continually praised her for everything she had done. When he had lost the primaries in New Hampshire, he started his "Yes we can"-speech with the following words:
"Well, first of all, I want to congratulate Senator Clinton on a hard-fought victory here in New Hampshire. She did an outstanding job. Give her a big round of applause."

I find his campaign this year much more aggressive than 4 years ago.

The point still stand that, if Clinton had such reservations about Obama being President during the primaries, why then hitch her wagon to his star afterward? Where did those reservations go?

I posted it because it has some valid points, obcourse I didnt forget the Democratic primaries. It was common knowledge that Biden didnt have a real shot and he just stayed in as an "audition" for a spot in the administration. Hillary swallowed her pride (she didnt really want to be in the admin) to accept a position cause the Obama people wanted to unify the entire party and bring over the Clinton backers to his side.

I dont know about you, but I just dont see Santorum being Secretary of _______ or Gingrich being in the cabinet even if Romney wins. The attacks and things these guys said to each other was much worse than anything the Dems ever said to each other during that primary.

My point, like I mentioned above, is that these politicians (from whatever party) look foolish when they express all these reservations about their opponent during a primary, only then to do a total 180 and fully support their previous opponent. And they do it simply to support "the party."

And that's what this is really all about. The same old partisanship as usual. Which I see A LOT of on this board. Which is why I'll continue to hold people's feet to the fire when I see it.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #655225
07/12/12 07:01 PM
07/12/12 07:01 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Your absolutely right Wiseguy, we are all pretty intelligent to notice the same old partisanship at work. I was just sharing that funny pic.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #655380
07/13/12 08:20 PM
07/13/12 08:20 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Just saw Romney on CNN interviewed by Joe Acosta. Romney said he released his 2010 tax return and an estimate for 2011, but that was it. He won't release any other year's returns.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: olivant] #655455
07/14/12 12:14 PM
07/14/12 12:14 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: olivant
Just saw Romney on CNN interviewed by Joe Acosta. Romney said he released his 2010 tax return and an estimate for 2011, but that was it. He won't release any other year's returns.

Bill Clinton was criticizing Romney for this. Presidential candidates have always released several tax returns for successive years. His failure to do so invites an inference that he's hiding something. I think Romney will have to release his returns, especially for 1999 through 2002 when he claims he was no longer with Bain. The sooner he can address this, the sooner he might be able to get past this.

Page 79 of 141 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 140 141

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull