GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (furio_from_naples), 377 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,080
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,371
Posts1,059,524
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: IvyLeague] #650805
06/10/12 04:23 PM
06/10/12 04:23 PM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Even Chin was caught talking to either his wife or mistress (don't recall which) on the phone in a normal demeanor; i.e. not playing crazy.

I'd pay to hear that tap.

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: PP] #650806
06/10/12 04:26 PM
06/10/12 04:26 PM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
You can hear it on a documentary I'm pretty sure. I recall hearing it. Maybe someone on here knows which docu it was?

Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: PP] #650809
06/10/12 04:41 PM
06/10/12 04:41 PM
Newcastle Upon Tyne
short841 Offline
Underboss
short841  Offline
Underboss
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Yeh its the mistress but you only hear him saying goodbye and a kiss or something

"You shouldn’t be embarrassed by your wealth. This contempt for money is another trick by the rich to keep the poor without it" - Michael Corleone

"You don't have to count the dead to understand the business of the Camorra" Gomorrah, Roberto Saviano
Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: PP] #650833
06/10/12 06:22 PM
06/10/12 06:22 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

I remember he told her she needed to stop smoking.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: IvyLeague] #650837
06/10/12 06:30 PM
06/10/12 06:30 PM
Camden County NJ
jmack Offline
Made Member
jmack  Offline
Made Member
Camden County NJ
It's not hard for the FBI to catch someone on a wiretap, especially in this day and age. Chin being caught on tape isn't a big deal, as he didn't incriminate himself or anyone else. That said it sure didn't help his crazy act.

Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: Sonny_Black] #650951
06/11/12 12:55 PM
06/11/12 12:55 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
They take the five and ten year deals because they realize it's better to be out in ten and making money than to be in for twenty to life.

No kidding.

I know it sounds overly simplistic, Sonny. But you know as well as I do that it wasn't all that long ago that plea deals by wiseguys were unheard of, and I just think that the Genoveses were a little bit quicker to see the benefits of said deals.

The Gambinos certainly took their sweet time in seeing the light. Don't you think that guys like John Carneglia and Gene Gotti curse John while they sit in their jail cells today? Those guys were offered very generous pleas back in '89 which would have had them on the street years ago.

There's a big difference between coming out of jail at 55 and coming out at 75. They could have had a few prime years ahead of them. Now they'll be old men when they're released. And if not for John Gotti's insane anti-government mindset, they might have had those years on the street.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: pizzaboy] #650953
06/11/12 12:59 PM
06/11/12 12:59 PM
Camden County NJ
jmack Offline
Made Member
jmack  Offline
Made Member
Camden County NJ
They take the five and ten year deals because they realize it's better to be out in ten and making money than to be in for twenty to life.

No kidding.

I know it sounds overly simplistic, Sonny. But you know as well as I do that it wasn't all that long ago that pleas deals by wiseguys were unheard of, and I just think that the Genoveses were a little bit quicker to see the benefits of said deals.

The Gambinos certainly took their sweet time in seeing the light. Don't you think that guys like John Carneglia and Gene Gotti curse John while they sit in their jail cells today? Those guys were offered very generous pleas back in '89 which would have had them on the street years ago.

There's a big difference between coming out of jail at 55 and coming out at 75. They could have had a few prime years ahead of them. Now they'll be old men when they're released. And if not for John Gotti's insane anti-government mindset, they might have had those years on the street.

No deals seems ludacris. I would think you would want guys to take a plea to less years and reduce their chance for cooperation. But like you said, it just shows Gotti's ignorance.

Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: PP] #650960
06/11/12 01:13 PM
06/11/12 01:13 PM
Amsterdam
C
Chopper2012 Offline
Capo
Chopper2012  Offline
C
Capo
Amsterdam
Any Boss who enjoys media attention is bat-shit crazy. The two most famous gangsters of the 20th century were also two of the worst.

Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: PP] #650997
06/11/12 03:13 PM
06/11/12 03:13 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

rhode island did the evrybody plead out and admit there o.c. members. which most of the genovese guys do today. the d.a wants to hurt there pride making it a fact in there plea deals that they admit to being a member. i think thats a thing that changed cause of gotti. just like they all admit to being members if you go to trial that guy fusco, tommy shots beat cases well the lawyers admitted they were members but not murders. the persico son got a sweet deal, without admitting to being connected thou.

Last edited by pmac; 06/11/12 03:15 PM.
Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: Chopper2012] #651000
06/11/12 03:31 PM
06/11/12 03:31 PM
Camden County NJ
jmack Offline
Made Member
jmack  Offline
Made Member
Camden County NJ
Originally Posted By: Chopper2012
Any Boss who enjoys media attention is bat-shit crazy. The two most famous gangsters of the 20th century were also two of the worst.

Very true and it shows you the shift in landscape of LCN over the years. You would never have caught Carlo giving quotes and smiling for the camera.

Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: jmack] #651007
06/11/12 04:08 PM
06/11/12 04:08 PM
Amsterdam
C
Chopper2012 Offline
Capo
Chopper2012  Offline
C
Capo
Amsterdam
Originally Posted By: jmack

Very true and it shows you the shift in landscape of LCN over the years. You would never have caught Carlo giving quotes and smiling for the camera.

True. But it has also shifted back. You won't see the likes of Bellomo, Crea or Cefalu giving quotes to the media or demanding every single member of the family to come pay tribute at the same social club like some ego tripping maniac.

Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: Chopper2012] #651016
06/11/12 05:27 PM
06/11/12 05:27 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
The two most famous gangsters of the 20th century were also two of the worst.

Both Neapolitans. whistle

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: Sonny_Black] #651017
06/11/12 05:32 PM
06/11/12 05:32 PM
Amsterdam
C
Chopper2012 Offline
Capo
Chopper2012  Offline
C
Capo
Amsterdam

Very true lol .

Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: CarloRizzo] #652429
06/20/12 10:22 AM
06/20/12 10:22 AM
T
tommyc Offline
Associate
tommyc  Offline
T
Associate
if his name ever shows up on this site someone will get the fame they seek altho not what they want

Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: PP] #652487
06/20/12 09:37 PM
06/20/12 09:37 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
The Genovese family was using front bosses (or whatever you want to call them) long before Salerno, so I'd imagine Salerno knew what he was gettnig in to. But just because he was a front boss doesn't mean he didn't weild considerable power. He was still deep in the Manhatten Rackets during the 1980s.

As for the Genovese family being the most powerful: until 2010, they had only 3 made guys flip on them. Valachi, Cafaro and Barone. All 3 were Soldiers so they didn't have a ton of info to give. Even the 2 Captains that flipped in 2010, Arillotta and Tranghese, weren't based in Massachusetts. There's no way they could know much about the Genovese's power base in NYC and Jersey. The FBI just hasn't been able to reach the Genovese family's hierachy. Other than that, like everyone said they are just so damn secretive and paranoid of the FBI watching them. It seems so logical it make you wonder why the other families don't follow the same method.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: Sonny_Black] #652488
06/20/12 09:40 PM
06/20/12 09:40 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss

!!!

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: PP] #652507
06/21/12 04:02 AM
06/21/12 04:02 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

if bobby manna living life at fort dix id bet jersery got upto who ever he wants 75 100 guys and his blood family are very well off, him and scarfo from them books get along good, you wonder how many friends scarfo jr got with them $$$$$$. the place fort devens in mass got a shit load of old guys, its iteresting, but some guys they just send to florida.cali.wiscon.ect if your nice close to home, i read they were putting jerry anguiio in the hole in his late 70tys snd he didnt care like any other con.

Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: Nicholas] #652622
06/21/12 09:33 PM
06/21/12 09:33 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Nicholas
Even Chin was caught talking to either his wife or mistress (don't recall which) on the phone in a normal demeanor; i.e. not playing crazy.

I'd pay to hear that tap.

Here's part of the conversation. Starts around 2:40.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: PP] #652647
06/22/12 02:11 AM
06/22/12 02:11 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

the best one was when chin snd one of his guys sent for massino to his club when he showed they told him sit in a chair, some one post it was a classic. vitale spoke of it, i think it was early/mid 80tys.

Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: Chopper2012] #652662
06/22/12 06:27 AM
06/22/12 06:27 AM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss

Very true lol .

If you guys are talking about Capone, he was a vastly more competent boss than Gotti.

Gotti's mistake was acting like it was still Capone's era.

Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: IvyLeague] #713377
04/30/13 06:28 PM
04/30/13 06:28 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
The Genovese family is now dominant. They remain a very powerful group. The Gambinos have dropped to Number 2. In the Genovese family, you really don't have that many defectors. They're still very entrenched in the unions and construction industry."
- Jack Garcia, former FBI agent (2011)

"The Genovese family is a very, very strong family. They're the most efficient family because they're so secretive. People within the family don't even know who each other are. They are very disciplined in their criminal plots and they keep their hit teams small. Infilatration by law enforcement is very difficult. They continue to use violence to ensure compliance. We haven't had widespread disruption of the Genoveses like we had with the other families. Gigante's secrecy permeated the ranks and it still exists. If someone in the Genovese family slips up, they're dead before you know it. - Dave Shafer, Head of FBI Organized Crime Program (2009)

The crime family formed 80 years ago and named after Vito Genovese has endured like no other.
- NY Daily News article (2009)

"The Genovese family is the most secretive, criminally diverse, and powerful family in the country. Their power stems from control of unions and major industries."
- Michael Campi, FBI Organized Crime Dept. (2006)

"The Genovese crime family is still the best organized and has the deepest bench."
- Daniel Castleman, Chief of Investigations - Manhattan District (2006)

"The (Genovese family's) members and rackets surpass all others."
- Jerry Capeci, Gangland News columnist (2006)

"The Genovese crime family is the the most organized, most powerful, largest organized-crime family existing today."
- Eric Snyder, Assistant U.S. Attorney (2006)

“The Genovese family is the most prolific and most powerful of New York’s five organized crime families.”
– Mark J. Mershon, Assistant Director FBI’s New York Office (2006)

"The FBI's Joint Organized Crime Task Force, which includes members of the New York police department, had little luck with conventional surveillance of the Genovese family."
- ZD Net article (2006)

"The Genovese Crime Family is widely considered by law enforcement as the most powerful of the mob families in the New York Metropolitan area, if not the entire country."
- Jim Kouri, National Association of Chiefs of Police (2005)

"It has the most sophisticated operations. The Genovese family has always been considered the Ivy League of the Mafia."
- Selwyn Raab, New York Times columnist (2005)

"Still the most powerful and influential is the Genovese family."
- Bruce Mouw, Former FBI Supervisor (2005)

"While centered in the New York metropolitan region, the Genovese family also maintains a presence in portions of New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Florida, Nevada, and California. The family has strong connections with other traditional and non-traditional organized crime groups throughout the United States. Of all the traditional LCN families, the Genovese has the most contact with non-traditional criminal organizations and the money and power they command. Not only is the Genovese family the strongest LCN group in the nation, but it also is the most unique. Elements of this group persist in the solid waste industry, on the waterfront, in organized labor and in public construction. It runs the largest bookmaking and loan sharking rings in the New York/New Jersey metropolitan area. The family’s other major criminal enterprises include extortion and labor racketeering in the construction, demolition, asbestos removal, carting, recycling, trucking, and waterfront industries; theft and kickbacks from pension funds; insurance fraud; narcotics trafficking; infiltration of legitimate businesses; and public corruption. Its influence is particularly strong on the Port Newark/Elizabeth and Hudson County waterfronts. While the organization continues to commit traditional crimes such as murder, extortion, racketeering, loan sharking and illegal gambling, it has evolved into committing more sophisticated crimes, such as computer fraud, stock/securities fraud and health-care fraud. Many of these crimes are committed with the assistance of non-traditional organized crime groups, such as those with Russian and Cuban members. Of all the traditional LCN families, the Genovese group has the most contact with non-traditional criminal organizations, and the money and power they command. The Genovese family has a proven record of resiliency that has enabled it to maintain a grip on lucrative segments of the legitimate economy despite repeated assualts by law enforcement."
- New Jersey Commission of Investigation on Organized Crime (2004)

"The Genovese family is the Rolls-Royce of organized crime."
- Loretta Lynch, U.S. Attorney-Brooklyn (2003)

"I consider the Genovese family to be the Ivy League of the underworld. They more or less invented labor racketeering."
- Joe Coffey, New York Police Dept. (2003)

"The Genovese family remains the richest, most powerful, most secretive, and least damaged crime group."
- Barry W. Mawn, FBI New York Office (2001)

"Despite a two-decade-long crackdown on organized crime that had decimated other Mafia families, the Genovese family has flourished. It is the largest and most financially successful crime family in New York."
- U.S. Attorney Mary Jo White (2001)

"The Genovese crime family is widely known in law enforcement as the Ivy League of the underworld. The family that gets it right."
- John Miller, FBI media spokesman (2001)

"The Genovese family was in many ways, I think, the most powerful family in the country in terms of it's domination and exploitation of labor unions and legitimate businesses."
- Michael Chertoff, former NY federal prosecutor (2000)

Federal authorities said the Genovese family is the most powerful and diversified in the United States. While investigators have dealt crippling blows to the city's four other major crime families, including the Gambinos, the Genovese remained intact partly by sticking to construction and labor racketeering schemes and avoiding drug dealing, authorities say.
- Associated Press article (1996)

The Genovese concern, long held by many mob watchers to be the wealthiest and most powerful of New York's five families, has maintained sophisticated construction and labor racketeering schemes as others dumbed down to drug dealing and street rackets.
- NY Daily News article (1996)

"This was a family that for many years we did not have as great success in hurting as we did with the other families. Historically they have been a very guarded and careful family, and Gigante represents that approach to the ultimate degree."
Lewis Schiliro, Head of FBI NY Criminal Division (1996)

"The Genovese family has probably been the most powerful La Cosa Nostra family of the last hundred years."
- Ask Andy, Gangland News (1996)

"The Buffalo, Cleveland, Detroit, New England, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh families are represented on the Commission by the Genovese family."
- LIUNA RICO indictment (1995)

"The Genovese family survives because it stayed out of the drug trade. Now they control all the traditional businesses of La Cosa Nostra and they're getting stronger."
- Joe Coffey, New York Police Dept. (1995)

"The Genovese family has become dominant among New York's Italian Mafia."
- Peter Maas, Author (1995)

"If anybody survives it will be the Genovese."
- Anthony Accetturo, Lucchese LCN family Captain (1994)

"If there is a major trend, it is the consolidation of power by the Genovese family."
- William Y. Doran, Head of the FBI's New York Criminal Division (1994)

"I have always considered the Genovese Family to be the most powerful LCN family in the United States."
- Al D'Arco, Lucchese LCN family Acting Boss (1994)

"The Genovese family is the most stable, the best counseled and the most diversified business-crime group in the country."
- Lee Brown, New York City Police Commissioner (1990)

"You keep hearing all this crap about Gotti being the boss of the bosses, but the Genovese have always been the country's most powerful family."
- Richard Ross, FBI (1990)

"The Genovese family is the most sophisticated, cautious, secretive, and powerful Cosa Nostra family in the United States."
- Phil Leonetti, Philadelphia LCN Underboss (1989)

great stuff ivy thanks for this. u have way too much time on your hand and i am glad of it!! the genovese's are like an enigma. to get into that family must be like getting the job of your dreams for these wiseguys. and i bet most dont get made till their 50s also. apart from barney. what a family they are!

Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: PP] #713392
04/30/13 09:10 PM
04/30/13 09:10 PM
M
moneyman Offline
Made Member
moneyman  Offline
M
Made Member
i wonder how kick ups work for them considering there are so many made guys, like does bellomo get anything from newark/ elizabeth ports? maybe everything is divided evenly on the panel like one guy on the panel gets money from jersey one from the westside, conn, brooklyn etc.

would be really nuts if bellemo is the sole guy on top that would clearly make him the biggest wiseguy around by a long shot i imagine

Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: moneyman] #713393
04/30/13 09:16 PM
04/30/13 09:16 PM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: moneyman
i wonder how kick ups work for them considering there are so many made guys, like does bellomo get anything from newark/ elizabeth ports? maybe everything is divided evenly on the panel like one guy on the panel gets money from jersey one from the westside, conn, brooklyn etc.

would be really nuts if bellemo is the sole guy on top that would clearly make him the biggest wiseguy around by a long shot i imagine

Yeah hes got a lot of juice I think he was the one to snap a gay photo of edgar j. hoover that's why him and his crim family have so much clout

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: moneyman] #713434
05/01/13 04:09 AM
05/01/13 04:09 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: moneyman

The latest news, from two articles in 2009 and 2011, are that the family is being run by a ruling panel. The 2009 article said it was a rotating panel of recently released senior members including Benny Mangano, Barney Bellomo, Ernie Muscarella, and Larry Dentico. The 2011 article said the panel had consisted of Tino Fiumara and two other guys that were unnamed.

Technically speaking, anyone in the administration, whether it's the traditional set up or a panel, is entitled to tribute from the entire family. Of course, if some of them were to take a page out of Chin's book, they may not require that much; especially if they already have a lot of money themselves. And most of the top Genovese guys do. The 2004 New Jersey OC report said that Genovese crews are allowed to keep more of their earnings than those in other families.

Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: PP] #713580
05/01/13 11:29 PM
05/01/13 11:29 PM
Gotti Offline
Button
Gotti  Offline
Button
When eight members of the Genovese family were murdered on Galante's orders for trying to muscle in on his drug operation, the other families decided he had outlived his usefulness at the head of the Bonanno family.

Anybody know if there's much truth in that and if so what happened? Who were the Genovese who were killed?

(sort of unrelated but thought I'd ask anyway.)

Makes you think. Makes you think about the people in your life. And when I think, I think of Neil. If he were here now what would he say? He would say "John what's it about? What's life about... if you dont go through it as a man's man?". He'd say "Suck it up, take the fall do the time. That made you what you are. That makes you what you are. How long have we been around this thing of ours? This Cosa Nostra? 120 years. What's it about? It's about the rules, perimeters. You take the beating for a friend, you don't run, you don't lay down, you don't betray who you are. What you are.
Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: Gotti] #713581
05/01/13 11:36 PM
05/01/13 11:36 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Gotti
When eight members of the Genovese family were murdered on Galante's orders for trying to muscle in on his drug operation, the other families decided he had outlived his usefulness at the head of the Bonanno family.

Anybody know if there's much truth in that and if so what happened? Who were the Genovese who were killed?

That seems to have been some kind of Mafia urban myth. It's been brought up a few times on the forums, all quoting the one source that originally claimed it but I forget who that was. I've never seen it substantiated anywhere.

Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: IvyLeague] #716288
05/19/13 04:22 AM
05/19/13 04:22 AM
E
elmwoodparker Offline
Made Member
elmwoodparker  Offline
E
Made Member
The Chicago Outfit dealt with one Family in New York. It was the very powerful Genovese Family. Jack Cerone went to New York at least a couple of times to meet with them about some kind of Union thing that also involved Chicago. I never heard of the Outfit really interacting with any Family in New York except the Genovese Family. I know the Outfit Bosses did not care much for the Bonnano Family at all. again, This was over 30 years ago.

Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: IvyLeague] #716297
05/19/13 05:49 AM
05/19/13 05:49 AM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Gotti

That seems to have been some kind of Mafia urban myth. It's been brought up a few times on the forums, all quoting the one source that originally claimed it but I forget who that was. I've never seen it substantiated anywhere.

On the truetv criminal library website writer Anthony Bruno says it in his article on the Bonanno family which means it's most likely in one of his books too. Not sure if he was the original source of the story or not though.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/gangsters_outlaws/family_epics/bonanno/4.html

Personally i seriously doubt it's true, a few OC websites say it was high ranking Gambino's involved in the heroin racket. Most likely just a bullshit story started by some writer to beef up whatever story or book he was trying to push at the time.

In my opinion the story is about as credible as the Iceman taking out Galante.

Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: PP] #716399
05/19/13 06:56 PM
05/19/13 06:56 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
I don't which one's correct, but I know that i read it was gambino family members he killed !!

Re: How do we know the Genovese are so powerful? [Re: PP] #716419
05/19/13 07:43 PM
05/19/13 07:43 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
The first time i remember reading about it they said it was high ranking Genovese, but your right DiLorenzo when you say others say that they were Gambino's. Seems kind of strange though that nobody can name one name let alone 8. No mention of it in any Galante related trials such as the pizza connection trial or any file, at least as far as i know.

All we know is someone started a rumor that Galante had 8 heroin guys hit. Only thing i can think of is if they were Gambino's maybe the supposed hits were on Gambino connnected zips but i really don't even believe that. Personally i think the story is bullshit, but if anyone can find any info on it i'd love to see it. I guess you never know, but until i see some kind of evidence of these murders i'll just agree with Ivy and chalk it up as a urban myth.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull