GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 71 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,816
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #687757
01/04/13 03:04 PM
01/04/13 03:04 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #687758
01/04/13 03:07 PM
01/04/13 03:07 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #689944
01/11/13 07:16 AM
01/11/13 07:16 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #691922
01/20/13 12:54 PM
01/20/13 12:54 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline
Capo
DonMega  Offline
Capo
Ireland
cant wait for this to come back on,kinda sucks they dont show any huge battle scenes though

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #691953
01/20/13 02:36 PM
01/20/13 02:36 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #693123
01/28/13 07:08 AM
01/28/13 07:08 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #693575
01/31/13 03:14 AM
01/31/13 03:14 AM
J
Jame002 Offline
Associate
Jame002  Offline
J
Associate
How can you cancel HBO...they got Bill Maher. BILL FUCKING MAHER. My favorite liberal.

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #694082
02/03/13 07:10 AM
02/03/13 07:10 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #694879
02/06/13 07:46 PM
02/06/13 07:46 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #694881
02/06/13 07:55 PM
02/06/13 07:55 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
George R.R. Martin, on whose fantasy book series HBO‘s hit drama Game Of Thrones is based, has signed a two-year overall deal with the pay cable network. Under the pact, Martin will continue as co-executive producer on Game Of Thrones, whose Season 3 premieres March 31. Additionally, he will develop and produce new series projects for the network.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/game-of-thrones-george-r-r-martin-signs-overall-deal-with-hbo/

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #697317
02/17/13 02:45 PM
02/17/13 02:45 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #699825
02/26/13 03:24 AM
02/26/13 03:24 AM
Muscat, Oman
Don Zadjali Offline
Underboss
Don Zadjali  Offline
Underboss
Muscat, Oman

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #699848
02/26/13 06:55 AM
02/26/13 06:55 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Looks good doesn't it. Season 3 is going to be something else. shhh

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #699849
02/26/13 07:05 AM
02/26/13 07:05 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
From Carmelo Anthony's twitter page. smile

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #699850
02/26/13 07:13 AM
02/26/13 07:13 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
David Petrarca, who has directed episodes of Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire, among other things, talks about his experiences, the difference between film, theater and tv and why The Godfather would never get made today.

Interview

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #701024
03/05/13 06:00 AM
03/05/13 06:00 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Quote:
On the press circuit for the season two DVD release, Dance, who plays Game Of Thrones’ villainous patriarch Tywin Lannister, revealed that he’s off to film the fourth season later this year, with six of the scripts he’ll be working from seemingly already written.

Sandwiched between heart-felt praise for the talents of writer/director duo DB Weiss and David Benioff were these words from Mr Dance:

“We’re about to start season four aren’t we? This year. We get scripts pretty early on, much earlier on than in similar series, usually you get perhaps one episode and you just have to trust that what’s going to come in subsequent episodes is going to be as good as the one you’ve got, but in this I think there are six scripts already written, and we will probably be able to see them with more than adequate time to prepare before we start shooting.”

Entertainingly, as soon as the words "season four" left Charles Dance's mouth, the panel moderator signalled his panic with a few swift knocks to the table top, a message Dance happily talked though. At the end of the junket, a representative from HBO came in to remind us all of the fact that season four has not been officially green-lit.

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #705558
03/24/13 02:00 PM
03/24/13 02:00 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Seven days and seven hours until Season 3 premiere.

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #706611
03/27/13 07:39 PM
03/27/13 07:39 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Game of Thrones is the most important show on television

Quote:
..Game of Thrones triumphed not because it contrasted with mainstream fare but because it complemented it. So far, TV is unable to unseat cinema for sheer spectacle — although "Blackwater" and even some establishing shots in this Sunday's premiere have come close. But what makes it a viable medium is its ability to tell long-form stories, to build worlds, not merely threaten them with destruction. David Benioff's initial pitch was for "The Sopranos in Middle Earth," and that's exactly what he's delivered, a widescreen epic as unafraid of nuance and depth as it is of nudity and gore. Interestingly, it's due to a lack of interest in the former that The Walking Dead — Thrones's closest comparison in terms of attempted TV fan service and sprawling source material — fails. It turns out a zombie apocalypse actually works better on film, where a savvy storyteller can focus on the immediate horror, not the slow, stumbling denouement...

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #707366
03/31/13 06:43 AM
03/31/13 06:43 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #707957
04/02/13 08:13 PM
04/02/13 08:13 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
You are not alone in your love for GOT, Lilo! I held off looking at this thread because I just caught the third season premiere OnDemand this afternoon. Good stuff. It's great to have this back! This has to be one of the best shows on cable. I'm glad they showed a little of each major story lines instead of focusing on one or two exclusively.

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #707958
04/02/13 08:17 PM
04/02/13 08:17 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
i really enjoy this show. i love all the medieval stuff! the only problem i have, is that its very hard for me to keep up with all of the different kingdoms/alliances. it might be partly my fault though, as even though i have seen all of the episodes, i was only a casual viewer for all of season 1 and into the beginning of season 2.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #707960
04/02/13 08:27 PM
04/02/13 08:27 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
FF - I'm not sure of all the nuts & bolts of the show either but I find that rewatching the first and second season helped a lot. I also like the special HBO "Inside the Episode" segments as well. My advice - don't get too consumed with details and just enjoy. It will all make sense eventually. As a bonus for us here on the BB, Lilo is a wealth of knowledge of all things Throne! Post a question/concern - he loves talking about this and he is very sharp!

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Mark] #708037
04/03/13 08:29 AM
04/03/13 08:29 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Just watched the first episode of the new series....and i still have no clue as to what is going on tongue It is very good though!!

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #708043
04/03/13 08:50 AM
04/03/13 08:50 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
Just watched the first episode of the new series....and i still have no clue as to what is going on tongue It is very good though!!

Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
i really enjoy this show. i love all the medieval stuff! the only problem i have, is that its very hard for me to keep up with all of the different kingdoms/alliances. it might be partly my fault though, as even though i have seen all of the episodes, i was only a casual viewer for all of season 1 and into the beginning of season 2.

tongue (Cracks knuckles) Well since you asked.... lol

It would take a very very long time to explain everything and likely bore people to tears.
It would probably bore me and I love the freaking books/show.

To make a very long story a little less long...

It's about a war of succession that takes place in a environment similar to Europe and surrounding regions circa 1400's. The author based parts of his story on the Hundred Years War and especially the War of The Roses. There are some "good" guys but not a lot. There are a lot more bad guys but most people are somewhere in between.

The primary battling families are the Starks (mostly good, close stand-ins for the Yorks, similar to Scots/Northumbrians) and the Lannisters (mostly bad, stand-ins for the Lancasters)

The previous king was murdered by his wife. The new king's son actually has no right to the throne as he is a product of incest between his mother (a Lannister) and her brother. He doesn't know this but wouldn't care if he did. He's a psychotic. The previous king's best friend and right-hand man( Ned Stark) discovered the incest but got out maneuvered by the court treasurer and executed by incest-boy at the end of season 1.

Of course the Starks aren't gonna take this lying down. They seceded and started a war. They are being led by Ned Stark's teen son, Robb. So far he's won every battle but has made some political mistakes and is no closer to reaching the capital, rescuing his sisters and bringing the pain to Joffrey Lannister. He and his mother Catelyn have also recently had something of a falling out.

Joffrey Lannister's parentage was known to the dead king's middle brother (Stannis), who launched his own war for the crown but was (temporarily) defeated. Stannis has swtiched religions. Other leading families are either staying neutral or lining up behind either the Starks or Lannisters, depending on what's best for them. Most people are SEVERELY self-interested.

In the background there is a growing magical threat to all humanity mostly offstage while the last scion of a regime deposed 20 years ago, a teen girl (Daenerys), is overseas gathering soldiers to take back what she sees as her rightful throne. Meanwhile spymasters and court treasurers scheme to one-up each other and take down their rivals.

That's an extremely attentuated summary, believe it or not.. wink

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #708055
04/03/13 09:55 AM
04/03/13 09:55 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
Good lord, there are so many plots, sub plots, sex, violence, betrayal.... you need a diagram or something. Are there blogs out there on this series>

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #708073
04/03/13 12:01 PM
04/03/13 12:01 PM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club

Yeah I watched that for the first time the other day too it doesn't make any sense would start from the beginning

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #708135
04/03/13 05:09 PM
04/03/13 05:09 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
lilo, what about calise? i seem to remember thinking that she was related to/the heir to one of the thrones, but was exiled so that someone else could take over?

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Five_Felonies] #708150
04/03/13 06:36 PM
04/03/13 06:36 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
lilo, what about calise? i seem to remember thinking that she was related to/the heir to one of the thrones, but was exiled so that someone else could take over?

Yes she is. Her name is Daenerys. Khaleesi is a title. It is her family that was overthrown 20 years prior. All of her relatives were killed except for her and her older pervy brother, Viserys. Her brother sold her in an arranged marriage to Khal Drogo (Khal =King, Khaleesi=Queen). Her brother hoped thereby to use his new in-law's army to retake his lost throne. Unfortunately for them, her brother proved to be a total ****. When Khal Drogo wasn't moving fast enough for Viserys' liking, Viserys made the tragic mistake of threatening Drogo and more importantly Daenerys and her unborn child.

Drogo killed Viserys. But later Drogo died from an infected wound. Daenerys lost the support of most of Drogo's warriors and now is trying to make her own way in the world with a small core of supporters...and dragons.

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #708255
04/04/13 09:35 AM
04/04/13 09:35 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
The leader of Stannis' fleet, the old guy who was rescued off a rock and wanted to go back only to be thrown in a dungeon?? He must come from my neck of the woods cos he has a similar accent to me!!

In real life of course. I don't live in Westeros lol lol

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #708422
04/04/13 09:25 PM
04/04/13 09:25 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
The leader of Stannis' fleet, the old guy who was rescued off a rock and wanted to go back only to be thrown in a dungeon?? He must come from my neck of the woods cos he has a similar accent to me!!

In real life of course. I don't live in Westeros lol lol

Interesting Yogi. Obviously I can't consistently tell most of the British or related accents apart but I believe that actor is actually Irish. I wonder if the accent he's using in the show is his own. I'll listen more closely next time.

Winter is Coming

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull