GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, joepuzzles234), 115 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,657
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,184
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,389
Posts1,059,909
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 73 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 72 73
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: pizzaboy] #641319
03/23/12 12:39 PM
03/23/12 12:39 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
Obama already has his talking point to energize females voters: The contraception controversy

Now he has the Trayvon shooting to energize the black voter base. And it could not have happened in a better place for Obama. Florida. A swing state.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #641331
03/23/12 02:01 PM
03/23/12 02:01 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I doubt that President Obama is using this to score political points. As he said, he is the parent of black teenagers, and an incident like this will put fear in the heart of every parent of a black teenager.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Sicilian Babe] #641333
03/23/12 02:03 PM
03/23/12 02:03 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I doubt that President Obama is using this to score political points. As he said, he is the parent of black teenagers, and an incident like this will put fear in the heart of every parent of a black teenager.

LOL. You're too much.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #641345
03/23/12 02:47 PM
03/23/12 02:47 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
The "I adopted my girlfriend" guy was found guilty of manslaughter.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #641352
03/23/12 03:27 PM
03/23/12 03:27 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: Skinny_Vinny
Obama already has his talking point to energize females voters: The contraception controversy

Now he has the Trayvon shooting to energize the black voter base. And it could not have happened in a better place for Obama. Florida. A swing state.

Interesting you bring that up. I hate to bring national politics to something as local and personally tragic as this story, but since national politics has done that already in the ilk of Sharpton and the debate over the self-defense law...

Yesterday, right-winger David Frum tweeted that Romney should've called Martin's parents and give them support. And maybe Frum's right? It would've been surprising considering his party affiliation and unfortunately the racial context of this story, but it would've made an impression. A positive one.

But he didn't, and his fall opponent staked his claim to that story. If we're talking political gaming as SV is trying to explain, then Romney dropped the ball and Obama took it in for the score. Sometimes opportunities are given to you, and sometimes you don't realize it until it's too late.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #641355
03/23/12 03:38 PM
03/23/12 03:38 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Interesting you bring that up. I hate to bring national politics to something as local and personally tragic as this story, but since national politics has done that already in the ilk of Sharpton and the debate over the self-defense law...

Yesterday, right-winger David Frum tweeted that Romney should've called Martin's parents and give them support. And maybe Frum's right? It would've been surprising considering his party affiliation and unfortunately the racial context of this story, but it would've made an impression. A positive one.

But he didn't, and his fall opponent staked his claim to that story. If we're talking political gaming as SV is trying to explain, then Romney dropped the ball and Obama took it in for the score. Sometimes opportunities are given to you, and sometimes you don't realize it until it's too late.

It's a black issue. Obama owns it. Romney's job will be to defend the "stand your ground" law when it's attacked again by the left.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: klydon1] #641356
03/23/12 03:40 PM
03/23/12 03:40 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: klydon1
For some reason, I don't see CNN or MSNBC giving this any play

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...blind-date.html

This is no doubt a heinous crime, but there is a huge difference between this matter and the Martin killer. As I stated before, what makes the Martin killing a national story (which is even sparking the outrage of FOX News anchors) is not the fact that the victim was black and killer was white.

It has made the daily headlines because the killer was inexplicably allowed to go free with his gun on his shaky representation that he was acting in self-defense and the fact that other witnesses, who refute the story, had their statements twisted or ignored. Had the Samford Police bothered to conduct a thorough investigation and filed charges against Zimmerman, this story wouldn't dominate the news.

The Oklahoma incident involves a brutal crime and an arrest. If there was undeniable evidence that he killed the woman and the police performed a cursory interview of him and let him go with a firearm, then you'd see this on CNN.

hit the nail right on the head

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: klydon1] #641366
03/23/12 04:33 PM
03/23/12 04:33 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
Originally Posted By: klydon1
For some reason, I don't see CNN or MSNBC giving this any play

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...blind-date.html

This is no doubt a heinous crime, but there is a huge difference between this matter and the Martin killer. As I stated before, what makes the Martin killing a national story (which is even sparking the outrage of FOX News anchors) is not the fact that the victim was black and killer was white.

It has made the daily headlines because the killer was inexplicably allowed to go free with his gun on his shaky representation that he was acting in self-defense and the fact that other witnesses, who refute the story, had their statements twisted or ignored. Had the Samford Police bothered to conduct a thorough investigation and filed charges against Zimmerman, this story wouldn't dominate the news.

The Oklahoma incident involves a brutal crime and an arrest. If there was undeniable evidence that he killed the woman and the police performed a cursory interview of him and let him go with a firearm, then you'd see this on CNN.

Funny, I never mentioned the Trayvon Martin case. You assumed I was comparing the two. Interesting.

That said, there's a long history of "black out" in the media. They ignore or downplay black on white crime, but give disproportionate coverage to white on black.

A few weeks ago, a black girl at Fordham found a racial slur on her door and it was a national story all week. More people probably know about that case than Eve Carson.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #641391
03/23/12 07:27 PM
03/23/12 07:27 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Apparently, the shooter George Zimmerman is Hispanic, according to his dad. I had an inkling he was from his picture.

Trayvon Martin case: George Zimmerman’s father speaks out in defense of son
The 28-year-old has been in hiding since he shot and killed an unarmed 17-year-old

As cries for his arrest continue to grow louder, George Zimmerman's father defended him in a one-page letter, saying he isn't a racist but rather of victim of sensationalized media coverage.

The neighborhood watch volunteer, 28, has been in hiding since he shot and killed unarmed Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old on his way back home to his father's house.

His father, Robert Zimmerman, 64, said in a letter to the Orlando Sentinel that his son was Hispanic and grew up in a multiracial family.

“He would be the last to discriminate for any reason whatsoever,” the letter says, according to the newspaper. “The media portrayal of George as a racist could not be further from the truth.”

He defended his son's actions on the day that he got out of his car and shot the teen, despite being strongly discouraged by a 911 dispatcher.

“At no time did George follow or confront Mr. Martin. When the true details of the event became public, and I hope that will be soon,” the letter said, “everyone should be outraged by the treatment of George Zimmerman in the media.”

He said his family is “deeply sorry for the loss of Trayvon.”

“We pray for the Martin family daily. We also pray that the community will grieve together and not be divided by more unwarranted hate.”

As mixed as the accounts of the Feb. 26 shooting are, so are bits and pieces of George Zimmerman’s background have trickled out, painting a picture of a well behaved kid turned into a man who has aspirations of being a cop with a thread of 911 calls to his name.

In the neighborhood George Zimmerman grew up in, his former neighbors described him to the Washington Post as a “respectful” and religious kid who “didn't play with the neighborhoods kids.”

“They had to stay home and play. It was always ‘Yes, ma’am,’ ‘No, ma’am,’ ” said Kay Hall, who lived across the streets from the Zimmermans in Manassas, Va.

In his high school yearbook in 2001, Zimmerman said he wanted to be a businessman, but by 2008 had shifted his plans and enrolled in Seminole State College, according to the Post.

He wanted, sources told the newspaper, to become a police officer.

He moved to Florida after high school with his family and the Washington Post reported that in 2004 he made 46 calls to the emergency line to report what he saw as dangerous incidents before finding himself in some of his own trouble with the law in 2005.

He later moved to the gated community where the shooting took place with his new wife, Shellie, a licensed cosmetologist, whom he married in 2007. By 2011, he became involved with some sort of neighborhood watch program and seemed to take the job extremely seriously.

The Daily Beast reported that between Jan 1, 2011, and the night she shot Trayvon Martin, he called 911 close to 50 times to report suspicious activity.

Neighbors told The Associated Press that he was often very helpful.

“The only impression I have of George Zimmerman is a good one,” Samantha Hamilton, who lived on the same street as Zimmerman for about a year, told the AP.

Others said while he seemed to have good intentions, he was often a bit overzealous on the job.

Some neighbors told the AP it seemed strange that he felt the need to carry a concealed weapon on the watch patrol, despite having a permit for it.

“That is crazy. That is totally crazy,” one neighbor added. “Why does he have to carry a gun? Something is totally wrong with that picture.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...3#ixzz1pz9zLr5Y

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 03/23/12 07:27 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #641636
03/26/12 07:40 AM
03/26/12 07:40 AM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
Three "male" suspects. I wonder what that means?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/26/2-m...s-over-weekend/

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #641639
03/26/12 08:41 AM
03/26/12 08:41 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Three "male" suspects. I wonder what that means?

It means that they probably stand when they pee. grin

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #641741
03/27/12 12:51 AM
03/27/12 12:51 AM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
Female store owner shoots, kills, armed thug in Tampa.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/bay...e_store_clerk_s

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #641827
03/27/12 02:47 PM
03/27/12 02:47 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
I guess this goes here: a list of the ten most corrupt states. Surprisingly, they are mostly in the south and western states.

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...corruption-laws

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #641829
03/27/12 03:10 PM
03/27/12 03:10 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Female store owner shoots, kills, armed thug in Tampa.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/bay...e_store_clerk_s

Sounds like she had every right to defend herself. Just because the would be shooter was only 16 doesn't make him any less capable of murder.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #641848
03/27/12 06:18 PM
03/27/12 06:18 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #641863
03/27/12 07:13 PM
03/27/12 07:13 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Seems like a lot of grandstanding coming from all sides on this.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #641868
03/27/12 08:03 PM
03/27/12 08:03 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens

Paesan, I won't read your link.

There are many reasons why people are asking questions about Trayvon's character. They want a clearer picture of what really happened that night.

For central Floridians like me, we understand just how dangerous black males(followed by Hispanics) can be. They are behind every single cop killing in Tampa Bay since I moved down. This isn't to say that all black males are violent criminals. It's just pointing out that I can totally relate to anyone, white or black who has felt threatened in certain situations.

From Long Island to Lakeland, you can't help but notice how minorities seem to be responsible for most shootings and stabbings. People and law enforcement don't racially profile because of racism. They do it to avoid being victims.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #641874
03/27/12 08:53 PM
03/27/12 08:53 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

There are many reasons why people are asking questions about Trayvon's character. They want a clearer picture of what really happened that night.

For central Floridians like me, we understand just how dangerous black males(followed by Hispanics) can be. They are behind every single cop killing in Tampa Bay since I moved down. This isn't to say that all black males are violent criminals. It's just pointing out that I can totally relate to anyone, white or black who has felt threatened in certain situations.

From Long Island to Lakeland, you can't help but notice how minorities seem to be responsible for most shootings and stabbings. People and law enforcement don't racially profile because of racism. They do it to avoid being victims.

What you said above may not be "politically correct," and so many may not want to hear it, but it's true.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #641878
03/27/12 09:08 PM
03/27/12 09:08 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #641880
03/27/12 09:14 PM
03/27/12 09:14 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

Just to call a spade a spade, they said the SAME thing about the Italians and Irish in NYC and many other groups at one time or another regardless of location. The fact is that race isn't a major factor in whether you will commit crimes or not, most of these groups commit crimes because of the abject poverty that many live in that creates the conditions for them to turn to a life of crime.

As a Hispanic - American (born in NYC), I take issue with your comment. What about all the underage Hispanic girls that have been raped/assaulted/carried sexual relationship in NYC schools by white males/females in recent memory? Come on bro, calm down and have a little respect.

I am not defending one group over another cause every group has its own share of bad apples. I just think we should be mindful of making statements to misrepresent entire races.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 03/27/12 09:16 PM.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Dapper_Don] #641893
03/27/12 09:34 PM
03/27/12 09:34 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Just to call a spade a spade, they said the SAME thing about the Italians and Irish in NYC and many other groups at one time or another regardless of location. The fact is that race isn't a major factor in whether you will commit crimes or not, most of these groups commit crimes because of the abject poverty that many live in that creates the conditions for them to turn to a life of crime.

As a Hispanic - American (born in NYC), I take issue with your comment. What about all the underage Hispanic girls that have been raped/assaulted/carried sexual relationship in NYC schools by white males/females in recent memory? Come on bro, calm down and have a little respect.

I am not defending one group over another cause every group has its own share of bad apples. I just think we should be mindful of making statements to misrepresent entire races.

It is a economic thing more than a racial or ethnic thing. But if it's true, it's true. But people automatically become so defensive when somebody says it, that gets forgotten. It's not an indictment of all blacks or all Hispanics. But of a big chunk of black and Hispanic males. Like I said, it's not politically correct to say it, but everyone knows what I'm talking about.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #641894
03/27/12 09:35 PM
03/27/12 09:35 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

For central Floridians like me, we understand just how dangerous black males(followed by Hispanics) can be.

I'll behave because of SC's warning, but politely I'll point this out as a proud American: As someone who also owns a (vacation) home down in Florida (DeLand in fact), to say the least I think you're being condescending in your professed expertise of that area.

IvyLeague - Ah the Panthers, amazing how invisible they are in relevance except there's a camera. Turn a camera on, they're there! It's like magic. They're the Anti-Cockroaches.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #641896
03/27/12 09:40 PM
03/27/12 09:40 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

For central Floridians like me, we understand just how dangerous black males(followed by Hispanics) can be.

I'll behave because of SC's warning, but politely I'll point this out as a proud American: As someone who also owns a (vacation) home down in Florida (DeLand in fact), to say the least I think you're being condescending in your professed expertise of that area.

IvyLeague - Ah the Panthers, amazing how invisible they are in relevance except there's a camera. Turn a camera on, they're there! It's like magic. They're the Anti-Cockroaches.

I agree about the Panthers. They're a non-factor. Just one of many trying to grandstand on this issue. The likes of Jackson and Sharpton being no different.

And while I can't speak on any area of Florida, speaking in general, it's true that black and Hispanic males do have a certain reputation. And there's a reason for that. Again, it's not an indictment on all blacks or Hispanics. Or even on all black or Hispanic males. But, rather, the ones that give the rest a bad name and perpetuate the stereotype.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: IvyLeague] #641898
03/27/12 09:42 PM
03/27/12 09:42 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

It is a economic thing more than a racial or ethnic thing. But if it's true, it's true. But people automatically become so defensive when somebody says it, that gets forgotten. It's not an indictment of all blacks or all Hispanics. But of a big chunk of black and Hispanic males. Like I said, it's not politically correct to say it, but everyone knows what I'm talking about.

We agree it is an economic thing and unfortunately those two groups in particular dont fare too well in that arena and thus we see the outcomes in the criminal world. I dont dispute/in fact I discuss this all the time in real life, but I just want to make sure its not an indictment of the entire race thats all. Cause I can easily say, 95% of all white collar crime committed in the US is done by whites or Jews but that wouldnt be fair/right to that entire race/group.

Facts are facts and I dont/never dispute them if they are.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 03/27/12 09:43 PM.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: IvyLeague] #641899
03/27/12 09:44 PM
03/27/12 09:44 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

It's called stereotyping.

Reminds me of when for decades you never heard the word "Mafia" at the movies, but only "Syndicate" because when people say "Mafia," they're sure as hell weren't talking about Danish-Americans.

Hey remember a few years back when the media went nuts over those extremist-Mormon fringe compounds being raided? Reminds me whenever outsiders bring up those lunatic Snake Handling Christians in the South (there's a local church in Carter County), as if it's a common regional cultural fabric.

Ever notice how every group, ethnic or religious or regional, seems to usually have the same # of fucking crazy/moronic fringe folks?

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Dapper_Don] #641900
03/27/12 09:48 PM
03/27/12 09:48 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

To be fair, we're commenting on what we're hearing from the papers or media or Internet at the heat of the moment.

From my experience if one wants facts, wait until after the fact.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #641903
03/27/12 09:52 PM
03/27/12 09:52 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
I'll behave because of SC's warning

That's the most intelligent thing I've read in this thread.

You're all put on warning.... Cut out the bullshit now. Don't hide under the idea, "but I didn't say anything wrong". Don't make us kill a conversation but don't continue it with these horrible innuendos either.

I see a lot of ugliness here. There is no room for it on these boards. We walk a fine line here, but remember, this is not a democracy, so don't argue the point.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #641904
03/27/12 09:56 PM
03/27/12 09:56 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: DapperDon
We agree it is an economic thing and unfortunately those two groups in particular dont fare too well in that arena and thus we see the outcomes in the criminal world. I dont dispute/in fact I discuss this all the time in real life, but I just want to make sure its not an indictment of the entire race thats all. Cause I can easily say, 95% of all white collar crime committed in the US is done by whites or Jews but that wouldnt be fair/right to that entire race/group.

And that's all I'm saying. Facts are facts, but these particular facts are based more on economics. If I were saying they were more racially based, I could see why you and others would have a problem.

And, again, I originally entered this discussion to point out that people's kneejerk defensiveness on these issues - which is understandable to a point - gets in the way of getting at the truth.

It's called stereotyping.

Reminds me of when for decades you never heard the word "Mafia" at the movies, but only "Syndicate" because when people say "Mafia," they're sure as hell weren't talking about Danish-Americans.

Hey remember a few years back when the media went nuts over those extremist-Mormon fringe compounds being raided? Reminds me whenever outsiders bring up those lunatic Snake Handling Christians in the South (there's a local church in Carter County), as if it's a common regional cultural fabric.

Ever notice how every group, ethnic or religious or regional, seems to usually have the same # of fucking crazy/moronic fringe folks?

I realize it's stereotyping. What I'm saying is, there is usually some truth at the root of stereotypes.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents on this issue. Don't wanna push my luck. whistle

Last edited by IvyLeague; 03/27/12 09:57 PM.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #641914
03/27/12 11:59 PM
03/27/12 11:59 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
there's nothing racist about my comment.

it's simply a fact that every cop killed in the Tampa Bay area died at the hands of a black male. Tampa Bay Rays held a ceremony for three officers. Two others were from Hillsborough and the most recent was Lakeland.

that's just the black on cop violence. black on black violence is ridiculously high.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: IvyLeague] #641915
03/28/12 12:06 AM
03/28/12 12:06 AM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens

Actually, it's not always an economic thing.

If you look at how the mafia evolved it was economic for guys of the past. Guys from the projects like Mirra and Ruggeiro and even Gotti grew up poor. So they stole. They saw it as a way out. Today's Italians are doing it as an ethnic thing. Giannini crew is a great example. Ethnic bonding.

As for minorities, it's not always economic. It's cultural. A good example is shooting up a house party in Wyandanch or Brentwood because someone dissed you. So you go back to the party and shoot up the house in a drive by. That's not economic. It's actually racial/ethnic bonding with these minority gangs.

Page 16 of 73 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 72 73

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull