GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 157 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,428
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,839
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,306
Posts1,058,305
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Irish Mob Charts [Re: NJBoy55] #656669
07/23/12 11:52 PM
07/23/12 11:52 PM
boston/north end
Joerusso Offline
consigleire
Joerusso  Offline
consigleire
Underboss
boston/north end
Yea its crazy in boston colorful for every organized or un organized group and uea drugs played a big part in fuckinf shit up

raymond l.s.patrairca sr to u.s. state committee- " if i didnt have my case coming up ill to come back in here with two gentlemen and when this is over with and really lay down the law, yous guys been giving me nothing but alot of hookwhick and i wish i wasnt on trial and have this case and really tell the united states whats going on "
Jerry Anguilo on wartime with winter hill - " If we got to war we got Joe Russo and the maverick boys so we have nothing to worry about they can go to vietnam and come back untouched "
Re: Irish Mob Charts [Re: NJBoy55] #656726
07/24/12 10:06 AM
07/24/12 10:06 AM
AmericanCrime Offline
Capo
AmericanCrime  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: NJBoy55
Originally Posted By: AmericanCrime
What about the K&A Gang..Oft overlooked. Particularly active throughout the 1960s-early 1980s. Viable anyway. Wasn't a cohesive group in the beginning. More like a loose confederation. Still noteworthy, tho.

I don't know what to think about the K&A Gang. They were not very known and only had a few guys in their group, not much of a mob organization, just a bunch of Irish thugs from Philly that dabbled in criminal activities together.

Wow I missed your response. A while ago lol...
Yeah I find them to be an enigma due to lack of information on them. It's true they weren't a very hierarchial bunch, especially in the early days. Leadership was a much more horizontal, and it was more of a network of "crew chiefs" involved in mostly burglaries in Northeast Philly which was predominantly Irish at the time (50's & 60s).

They did achieve notoriety though as the perpetrators of the Pottsville Heist and in North Carolina as the Hallmark gang. Didn't really become an organized enterprise until John C. Berkery rose up from the gang to start a meth enterprise with Ray Martorano. Berkery was also schooled by Angelo Bruno, was sort of like a mentor or father figure, from what I read.

Alas, what could be definitively called the K&A Gang died with Berkery's arrest. Altho there's been speculation over the year on who (if anyone) actually run's the Northeast rackets. Here's a thread if any of you are so inclined.
Philadelphia's Irish Mob

Re: Irish Mob Charts [Re: NJBoy55] #695367
02/08/13 08:27 PM
02/08/13 08:27 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline
Capo
DonMega  Offline
Capo
Ireland
wow great

Re: Irish Mob Charts [Re: NJBoy55] #695377
02/08/13 08:49 PM
02/08/13 08:49 PM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
.32 Michael "White Mike" McArdle

This is a true coincidence: there's a fictional drug dealer in The Wire with the same name & nickname.

So?

Re: Irish Mob Charts [Re: LuanKuci] #819050
12/16/14 07:21 AM
12/16/14 07:21 AM
S
stern49 Offline
Underboss
stern49  Offline
S
Underboss
It actually is a very interesting coincidence, that he has the same name and nickname. My guess is they either gave the guy his nickname after the show or the show named the guy that after the mobster.

Re: Irish Mob Charts [Re: J_BIGGS] #962663
01/29/19 11:08 AM
01/29/19 11:08 AM
J
jackdempsey1930 Offline
Button
jackdempsey1930  Offline
J
Button
did you know whitey smith

Re: Irish Mob Charts [Re: NJBoy55] #964573
02/23/19 11:50 AM
02/23/19 11:50 AM
J
jackdempsey1930 Offline
Button
jackdempsey1930  Offline
J
Button
Wow that chart for the Westies is off like a prom dress. Weather it's the Irish Pugs, West side Irish, Spillane gang, Irish Mob or the Westies, that Was a horrible attempt. I'll give you some food for thought though, if you ever read this (or anybody else for that matter) that will see the hells kitchen Irish a little different. Spillane had a big gang, let's say 100 guys (no less) across this country or Ireland he could go on if he had to. The 5 families during these times had between 500+ guys to the big families and 200+ a small family with 1000's of associates for each family. Costra Nostra was a force during the time of prohibition to the early 80's that no other criminal group will ever come close to achieving in this country again. Bigger then U.S steep, connected and deadly.

My point is, Spillane used to kidnap italian slippers for $100's of grand, plus other Irish gangs. Spillane in the hells kitchen was God politically and forcedfully. So Spillane 100 guys compared to 1000s of guys had to be really, I mean really fucking tough bastard. He crew was mean and feared. Conans crew, monkey see monkey do, his crew from the same streets, even worse than Spillanes crew. Italians feared crazy, bar fighting and playing Russian roulette for fun, killers. You see the shows and they tell in favor the Italians ofcourse because they are a well oiled machine. They stood the test of time, they earned it. But while Salerno fought fire with fire against Spillane by turning to his irish associate and irish gang boss (Sullivan) to handle his people. Sullivan as we all know hired mad dog to do what he did best. Spillane errored, finally misjudged Salerno who would always opt out of clashing with the crazy. He would say fuck it, let them have there area. We got the whole country. But with the J.J.C, Salerno wanted that cash cow and history changed. But while killing one boss in hells kitchen, he thought he eradicated his hells kitchen problem, he was wrong. Coonan and the boys wacked Salernos main cash cow (ruby) to take took over his million dollar country wide loan sharking operation. Coonan now had his arch rival, Spillanes guys coming to work for him and now he wants what hes he sees is owed to him, the Javits center. It's in hells kitchen, it's the Irishs neighborhood and he's now boss. Mad dog even begged to work for coonan, these new generations of kitchen boys put the shakes in hardened ruthless criminals. the butcher jumped sides to coonans as fast as he could. another point and I'll stop and finish this scribble. Do your research and you will see the coonan hunted for Salerno all day and night. coonan started to wack Salernos close personal friends. Naturally the genovese and the Westies split it and remain co -existing till this day. there were so called westies all over the city, you didn't know them, not flashy, you only know the dead ones and flashy ones. the ones you dont hear about or see are where they have always been. the coonans westies fait has been sealed. nobody makes money when there's violence and headlines. I can only speak for new york and what I know and there were other Irish crews in the city and irish guys comnected guys that they wouldn't fuck with. the Irish congregate and they all did work for each other and favors. people say loosely connected but it was more then that. favors, honor, comfortability. I know coonan and the boys loved and respected the fuck out of Burke. They would do anything for him at anytime. when he would go to the kitchen to have a drink with the boys or do business they would call him the godfather. But the were other older Irish guys (rockaways, Brooklyn, hells kitchen) that they feared and respected and would never touch. heavy respect and as you know coonan would kill just about anybody at any time. Not the Irish old timers, brutal dudes as was the Westies. alright, sorry for spelling, sorry if its hard to read. it's to long and my fingers hurt, I wont fix it. slainte

Re: Irish Mob Charts [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #964599
02/23/19 08:28 PM
02/23/19 08:28 PM
NEPA and now Fla
J
Jshov31 Offline
Retired Capo
Jshov31  Offline
Retired Capo
J
Made Member
NEPA and now Fla
I know I’m late to the party but I did some time with Jimmy Murphy when I was at Fairton. He had a huge book collection and that’s how I did my time was reading a lot so him and I traded books all the time. Him and I were sitting at a table when it came across the TV that they caught Whitey. It was a pretty surreal moment. He just stared and then went in his cell. When I asked him about it the next day he just simply said “it’s just not good” and we never spoke about it again. He was as stand up as they come and embarrassed to be associated with scum like Whitey. Fucking guy represented himself and told me he had a hard on when he questioned numerous FBI agents on the stand. Fucking beautiful to see the smile on his face when he told the story. Sorry for the rant but seeing this post made me think of him.

Re: Irish Mob Charts [Re: Jshov31] #964628
02/24/19 01:57 AM
02/24/19 01:57 AM
J
jackdempsey1930 Offline
Button
jackdempsey1930  Offline
J
Button
that's a real emotion. I don't even watch boston Irish Mob docs because of the 20 different sides to a story. But correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Nee say when he heard of whitey' s cooperating, "he just finished the Irish"? . I mean, talk about microphone drop. If Nee didn't know that was huge blow, who would. I'm sure he's loves in N.Y.

Re: Irish Mob Charts [Re: ScottD] #1019981
09/15/21 01:37 AM
09/15/21 01:37 AM
J
jackdempsey1930 Offline
Button
jackdempsey1930  Offline
J
Button
I read the book rogue mobster by mark silverman who claimed to be a winterhill gang somerville faction associate through his fathers connections to joe and leo mcdonald. In the book he says winterhill split into 2 fractions (somerville/southie) and joe donahue became boss/acting boss of the somerville faction, replacing joe mcdonald when he went into semi retirement. He even says while whitey was around the two factions had an uneasy relationship and were operating as seperate entities. The writer makes joe donahue out to be a very dangerous and feared. Having zero fear of whitey. More of a cautious, not to be trusted opinion of whitey. Saying the somerville factions policy towards southie and whitey was not to interact with him unless absolutely necessary.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull