GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 76 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,128
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,386
Posts1,059,752
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 59 of 141 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 140 141
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #634933
02/14/12 08:27 PM
02/14/12 08:27 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline OP
ronnierocketAGO  Offline OP
R

East Tennessee
*facepalm*

Romney Backer Attacks Santorum For Same Votes He Cast Himself

Quote:
The Romney campaign did just that when they dispatched former Sen. JIm Talent (R-MO) to attack Rick Santorum’s budget-busting vote to add a Medicare prescription drug program in the Senate. The problem they quickly ran into was that Talent voted the same way.

Quote:
Medicare wasn’t the only awkward note for Talent. As the same reporter noted in the call, Talent also voted for a bill containing the infamous “Bridge to Nowhere” earmark that the Romney campaign is going after Santorum on this week.

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/0...elf.php?ref=fpb

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #634949
02/14/12 11:25 PM
02/14/12 11:25 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
The hammer has dropped, and the Mittens SuperPac are starting their TV carpet campaign against Santorum. Their strategy as reported to Buzz Feed:

Quote:
A Mitt Romney adviser told BuzzFeed about the campaign's coming "two-front attack" on Rick Santorum which "may make previous attacks on Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich look like mere love taps."

Said the adviser: "Santorum's a blank slate, so everyone's projecting on to him what they want because he's the last anti-Romney. Santorum is going to get introduced to people that don't know him."

First, he'll be compared to President Obama: "He's never run anything. The biggest thing he ever ran is his Senate office."

Second, he'll be painted as a creature of Washington: "They're going to hit him very hard on earmarks, lobbying, voting to raise the federal debt limit five times. The story of Santorum is going to be told over the next few weeks in a big way."

That first charge is, am I the only one who thinks it reads weak? At least Santorum was elected to two full Senate terms, 8-9 more years than Obama had when he left. Worse, Santorum can easily deflect that charge. I mean Mittens, remember when you wanted to join the Senate too once before Teddy Kennedy murdered your dream?

The rest, I don't know. The only real weapon might be the lobbying charge if there is actually something to it. Of course Santorum could point to that NYT article reporting Mittens surrounding himself with an army of lobbyists. (and the potential backfiring: see Mr. Talent above.) Not saying it will, but it's there.

The rest just feels meh. Maybe its because after Newt, in comparison it reads rather boring and mundane petty Congress shit instead of scandalous. Few resumes can match Newt in the slime department.

But really, the lobbying might amount to something if it's a Freddie Mac situation. Might.

EDIT - come to think of it, strange how Mittens arguably is handicapped against Santorum because alot of his obvious, real sore points that Democrats would attack with glee...Mittens can't or won't because it's a party primary. Who knows, maybe he'll go for it?

EDIT 2 - Here's the first SuperPac ad:

Ok the "51-0" number was actually pretty good. Rick's people need to fight that. But wow he voted with Hillary! on Something! I've seen better.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 02/14/12 11:48 PM.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #634966
02/15/12 06:05 AM
02/15/12 06:05 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Elie Wiesel checks Romney

Quote:
Elie Wiesel, the Holocaust survivor who has devoted his life to combating intolerance, says Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney "should speak to his own church and say they should stop" performing posthumous proxy baptisms on Jews.

The Nobel Peace Prize winner spoke to The Huffington Post Tuesday soon after HuffPost reported that according to a formerly-Mormon researcher, Helen Radkey, some members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints had submitted Wiesel's name to a restricted genealogy website as "ready" for posthumous proxy baptism. Radkey found that the name of Wiesel had been submitted to the database for the deceased, from which a separate process for proxy baptism could be initiated. Radkey also said that the names of Wiesel's deceased father and maternal grandfather had been submitted to the site.

A spokesman for the Mormon Church claimed that the names were simply entered into the database, and none were submitted for baptism, which he described as a separate process. The entry of a living person, he said, was a mistake, and he provided no explanation for the submission of Wiesel's father and maternal grandfather. By Monday the records for the names of Wiesel and his family had been changed to "not available," according to Radkey.

The incident follows years of controversy and efforts by Jewish leaders, including Wiesel, to get the Mormon Church to stop the practice of posthumous proxy baptism that many find objectionable...

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #634967
02/15/12 06:08 AM
02/15/12 06:08 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
The most effective argument that Romney has against Santorum is that Santorum is a one issue nutcase who will scare independents away in a fall election and squander the opportunity to "make Barack Obama a one term president" to use Bachmann's mantra.

Unfortunately since Romney is currently pretending to be just as nutty he can't really use that line of reasoning with primary voters.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: Lilo] #634969
02/15/12 06:20 AM
02/15/12 06:20 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: Lilo
The most effective argument that Romney has against Santorum is that Santorum is a one issue nutcase who will scare independents away in a fall election and squander the opportunity to "make Barack Obama a one term president" ...

lol Gotta love Lilo's short, succinct style.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #634992
02/15/12 10:08 AM
02/15/12 10:08 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Santorum ad fires back at Mittens: (Vide won't embed, so click the link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OtOcrS6axnE

OK that made me laugh.

Two lessons from this:

(1) His opponent has made Mittens look more badass (even in mocking attack) than his campaign has.
(2) a Santorum cutout is apparently tougher to kill than Bruce Willis in a skyscraper.

EDIT -

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 02/15/12 12:07 PM.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #635004
02/15/12 11:55 AM
02/15/12 11:55 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee

Romney's Closer to Obama on Auto Bailout than either Let's On

Quote:
Mitt Romney is again slamming the White House for its handling of the auto bailout, calling it “crony capitalism on a grand scale” in an op-ed in The Detroit News. And once again, Democrats are responding that if Romney had been in charge, the auto industry would be dead and millions of jobs with it. Lost in all the infighting is this: they pretty much endorsed the same bailout.

“What Obama did is what Romney said would be a good idea,” Edward Altman, a professor of finance at NYU-Stern who testified before Congress during the auto crisis, told TPM. “Both of them deserve a great deal of credit for the turnaround, Obama more than Romney, because Romney just wrote an op-ed and didn’t implement it.”

Quote:
The problem is Mitt committed so heavily to the no-bailout, anti-intervention rhetoric, that he’s now saddled with being on the wrong side of Detroit’s comeback. It’s the price of shifting with every political wind. You can flip and flop but it’s hard to flip back a third time.

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/0...they-let-on.php

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #635010
02/15/12 12:55 PM
02/15/12 12:55 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Of course obviously not alot for you, huh Mitt? tongue

lol lol

I get that you're joking, Ronnie. I really do. But no one should feel like they have to apologize for being successful. That's where the far left/occupiers went off the beam. They'd have you believe that anyone with money is guilty of something, and that they should feel remorseful about it. And that's bullshit.

Now I might be a liberal Democrat, but I ain't crazy. If I can provide my family with a nice lifestyle through a lifetime of hard and honest work, then I'm going to give it to them. And I'm sure that you would do the same thing smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: pizzaboy] #635012
02/15/12 12:58 PM
02/15/12 12:58 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Of course obviously not alot for you, huh Mitt? tongue

lol lol

I get that you're joking, Ronnie. I really do. But no one should feel like they have to apologize for being successful. That's where the far left/occupiers went off the beam. They'd have you believe that anyone with money is guilty of something, and that they should feel remorseful about it. And that's bullshit.

Now I might be a liberal Democrat, but I ain't crazy. If I can provide my family with a nice lifestyle through a lifetime of hard and honest work, then I'm going to give it to them. And I'm sure that you would do the same thing smile.

In my class last night we got into the same type discussion. I told my students that I was probably richer than any of them, but that didn't necessarily mean I was rich. Nevertheless, I am proud of what I've achieved. Nevertheless, rich or not, I don't think I should be targeted with taxes.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Election 2012 [Re: olivant] #635013
02/15/12 01:02 PM
02/15/12 01:02 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Well put, Oli smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: pizzaboy] #635014
02/15/12 01:20 PM
02/15/12 01:20 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee

Mittens is only guilty (at the least) of being a shitty politician.

~Nobody can disagree with his mishandling of that whole tax issue.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 02/15/12 01:23 PM.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #635018
02/15/12 01:27 PM
02/15/12 01:27 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
I reposted what TPM argued about the over-familiarity of Obama/Mittens on Detroit, but The Economist pushed back rhetorically at the recent Mittens Op-Ed column:

Quote:
Free-marketeers that we are, The Economist agreed with Mr Romney at the time. But we later apologised for that position. "Had the government not stepped in, GM might have restructured under normal bankruptcy procedures, without putting public money at risk", we said. But "given the panic that gripped private purse-strings...it is more likely that GM would have been liquidated, sending a cascade of destruction through the supply chain on which its rivals, too, depended." Even Ford, which avoided bankruptcy, feared the industry would collapse if GM went down. At the time that seemed like a real possibility. The credit markets were bone-dry, making the privately financed bankruptcy that Mr Romney favoured improbable. He conveniently ignores this bit of history in claiming to have been right all along.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2012/02/mitt-romney-and-car-industry

Take it for what it is.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #635019
02/15/12 01:28 PM
02/15/12 01:28 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Mittens is only guilty (at the least) of being a shitty politician.

~Nobody can disagree with his mishandling of that whole tax issue.

I couldn't give a shit about Mitt and his money, Ronnie. I was only speaking about myself.

I'm not voting for the guy. The only positive thing I've ever stated about him was that of all the current Republicans, he's the only one who isn't a racist wingnut or a religious loon. And if---God forbid---we lose in November, I'd rather it be to him than to a religious zealot like Santorum, or a lying cheating scumbag like Newt fucking Gingrich.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: pizzaboy] #635020
02/15/12 01:30 PM
02/15/12 01:30 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee

I couldn't give a shit about Mitt and his money, Ronnie. I was only speaking about myself.

I'm not voting for the guy. The only positive thing I've ever stated about him was that of all the current Republicans, he's the only one who isn't a racist wingnut or a religious loon. And if---God forbid---we lose in November, I'd rather it be to him than to a religious zealot like Santorum, or a lying cheating scumbag like Newt fucking Gingrich.

Fair enough on both points.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 02/15/12 01:32 PM.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #635022
02/15/12 01:33 PM
02/15/12 01:33 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Did anyone see Chris Matthews this past Sunday morning?

God, does that asshole ever let anyone talk besides himself? lol

Re: Election 2012 [Re: pizzaboy] #635025
02/15/12 01:39 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee

He's a rare humanoid mutant who can only breath by talking. smile

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #635026
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

He's a rare humanoid mutant who can only breath by talking. smile

Sounds about right grin.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: pizzaboy] #635027
02/15/12 01:43 PM
02/15/12 01:43 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

He's a version of O'Reilly, but when you listen to Matthews you actually acquire knowledge.

Last edited by olivant; 02/15/12 01:43 PM.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: olivant] #635028
02/15/12 01:46 PM
02/15/12 01:46 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I hate it when Matthews talks over everybody and doesn't let guests speak. I think he likes to hear himself talk. rolleyes I don't know why in the world they have is show on twice in 3 hours. Surely they could find someone else.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Election 2012 [Re: olivant] #635030
02/15/12 01:47 PM
02/15/12 01:47 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: olivant

He's a version of O'Reilly, but when you listen to Matthews you actually acquire knowledge.

Maybe, but last week he had Gloria Borger on, and she just gets on my last nerve.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #635040
02/15/12 02:32 PM
02/15/12 02:32 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Quote:
In campaign appearances and debate performances, Santorum has often appeared eager to reinforce that focus on restoring middle-class jobs -- implicitly bucking the standard Republican line that derides issues of economic inequality and mobility as class warfare.

"We need to talk about income mobility," he implored his party at a Republican debate on economic issues in November, noting the sky-high jobless rate for Americans without college degrees. "We need to talk about people at the bottom of the income scale being able to get necessary skills and rise so they can support themselves and a family."

By the same token, Santorum hasn't shied away from mentioning poverty. "I don't believe that poverty is a permanent condition," he declares in the plan. "How do we effectively address poverty in rural and urban America? We promote jobs, marriage, quality education and access to capital and embrace the supports of civil society."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/santo...-141221863.html

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #635078
02/15/12 06:40 PM
02/15/12 06:40 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
The $$$ scorecard in Michigan:

Quote:
The Washington Post currently projects a 29-1 advertising advantage in Romney’s favor.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #635203
02/16/12 01:59 PM
02/16/12 01:59 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
GOP strategist Mike Murphy gives Mittens advice:

Quote:
"He should drop the biography-based message. Nobody wants a well-intentioned accountant in charge when the house is on fire. For the first time in his professional life, Romney needs to stop thinking and calculating and get stupid. The race now is about his heart... And while the cerebral Romney may recoil at the psychological striptease this requires, it is how people pick their President in modern America. Romney must fill that vacuum or else others will maliciously fill it for him."

"Get stupid."

Yes because that's what this race absolutely needs is more stupid.

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/02/16/what_romney_needs_to_do_now.html

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 02/16/12 02:00 PM.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #635240
02/16/12 04:49 PM
02/16/12 04:49 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
I posted yesterday about a Mittens surrogate shooting himself in the foot, well so did a Santorum surrogate:

Quote:
"Back in my days, they used Bayer aspirin for contraceptives. The gals put it between their knees and it wasn't that costly."

-- Santorum Super PAC donor Foster Freiss

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #635257
02/16/12 06:12 PM
02/16/12 06:12 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I posted yesterday about a Mittens surrogate shooting himself in the foot, well so did a Santorum surrogate:

Quote:
"Back in my days, they used Bayer aspirin for contraceptives. The gals put it between their knees and it wasn't that costly."

I just watched him say that on Hardball. After, Andrea Michell told him "I'm just catching my breath from that."

Re: Election 2012 [Re: olivant] #635261
02/16/12 06:26 PM
02/16/12 06:26 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: olivant

Quote:
"Back in my days, they used Bayer aspirin for contraceptives. The gals put it between their knees and it wasn't that costly.

I have been gone and only just now have seen clips of this. Say what??? uhwhat

TIS

I just watched him say that on Hardball. After, Andrea Michell told him "I'm just catching my breath from that."

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Election 2012 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #635262
02/16/12 06:31 PM
02/16/12 06:31 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Okay TIS. Really and truly, speaking for women generally, when you hear or read a comment like that, what does it mean to you?

Re: Election 2012 [Re: olivant] #635264
02/16/12 06:38 PM
02/16/12 06:38 PM
California

California
First of all, I never heard of such a thing. It's insulting/degrading because this clown is trying to play down the fact that women USE contraceptives because it fits in his political agenda. mad I am floored that he'd be dumb enough to make such a statement. Keep it up GOP you're gonna lose big time.

Btw, I hear they have an all male panel discussing this topic as well? Yea, bunch of men sitting in judgment on what's good for women's health. Sorry I've been gone most of the day and am picking up bits/pieces.

TIS

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #635266
02/16/12 06:39 PM
02/16/12 06:39 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Oh boy, the Repubs have a crop of doozies. The O man must be singing some more Al Green,.."Take me to the river, drop me in the water...."

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #635267
02/16/12 06:41 PM
02/16/12 06:41 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
.... and furthermore. All we need now is Sarah Palin standing in front of that turkey-decapitation machine as she extols the virtues of the Mitt(the man out of touch with reality).

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Page 59 of 141 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 140 141

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull