GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Blackmobs, 1 invisible), 66 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,128
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,386
Posts1,059,760
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 141 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 140 141
Re: Election 2012 [Re: Frosty] #627448
01/02/12 12:03 PM
01/02/12 12:03 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Just read this (intended for a good laugh not to start a political debate with Left vs Right)

"Democrats are sexy and Republicans are not. Have you ever heard of a good piece of elephant?" lol Isn't that hilarious?

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Election 2012 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #627450
01/02/12 12:05 PM
01/02/12 12:05 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Just read this (intended for a good laugh not to start a political debate with Left vs Right)

"Democrats are sexy and Republicans are not. Have you ever heard of a good piece of elephant?" lol Isn't that hilarious?

TIS

What if the GOP ran a Michele Bachman/Sarah Palin ticket? lol

Last edited by Mark; 01/02/12 12:06 PM.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: Turnbull] #627472
01/02/12 12:56 PM
01/02/12 12:56 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Obama is the most vulnerable incumbent since Jimmy Carter. But, unlike Carter, who faced a formidable opponent (Reagan), Obama stands an excellent chance of winning. The GOP debates have worn down every candidate and exposed their flaws. Romney keeps leading, but by small margins. Nobody's enthusiastic about him, so he wins by default. Everytime someone new pops up with a new idea, he surges to the front--only to be dragged down by his quickly exposed flaws, weaknesses and skeletons in his closet.

So, if it's Romney, a lot of GOPs are going to sit on their hands in the presidential election. Also, there's a good chance that someone like Paul or Bachmann will launch a third party candidacy that will guarantee an Obama victory. And even if they don't, Romney's likely to make the same mistake McCain made in 2008--he'll keep looking to the Right, to assure them he's one of them, and not to the Middle, where the people are who elect presidents.

It will be interesting to see who Romney picks as a runing mate. I would not rule out Latino or a woman.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Election 2012 [Re: dontomasso] #627477
01/02/12 01:41 PM
01/02/12 01:41 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Obama is the most vulnerable incumbent since Jimmy Carter. But, unlike Carter, who faced a formidable opponent (Reagan), Obama stands an excellent chance of winning. The GOP debates have worn down every candidate and exposed their flaws. Romney keeps leading, but by small margins. Nobody's enthusiastic about him, so he wins by default. Everytime someone new pops up with a new idea, he surges to the front--only to be dragged down by his quickly exposed flaws, weaknesses and skeletons in his closet.

So, if it's Romney, a lot of GOPs are going to sit on their hands in the presidential election. Also, there's a good chance that someone like Paul or Bachmann will launch a third party candidacy that will guarantee an Obama victory. And even if they don't, Romney's likely to make the same mistake McCain made in 2008--he'll keep looking to the Right, to assure them he's one of them, and not to the Middle, where the people are who elect presidents.

It will be interesting to see who Romney picks as a runing mate. I would not rule out Latino or a woman.

or both

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #627494
01/02/12 03:51 PM
01/02/12 03:51 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
What about the Chris Christie rumor?? Or did the Governor ruin that with his "I'll be back Jersey style," comment the other day?? He's so obnoxious. And that's coming from a New Yorker! lol

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Election 2012 [Re: Sicilian Babe] #627496
01/02/12 03:54 PM
01/02/12 03:54 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
What about the Chris Christie rumor?? Or did the Governor ruin that with his "I'll be back Jersey style," comment the other day?? He's so obnoxious. And that's coming from a New Yorker! lol

I'm thinking Christie will be considered but I tend to think only certain people like him and don't know if most people will like his know it all arrogance and sarcasm. confused We'll see. He doesn't seem impressive at all if you ask me.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #627499
01/02/12 03:56 PM
01/02/12 03:56 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
He's impressive, TIS, the same way a parade float is impressive. He's been doing an awful lot of campaigning for Romney for someone who isn't expecting something in return, be it VP or a cabinet post.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Sicilian Babe] #627503
01/02/12 03:59 PM
01/02/12 03:59 PM
California

California
But he said he felt he wasn't ready for Presidency and wanted to finish NJs work. Yet, as VP you must be ready to take over for President if, God forbid, anything happened. So he'd be ready for VP but not President?

That being said, ANY candidate who would consider Palin or Bachman as VP I think would be very very simply put, dumb. lol

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 01/02/12 04:00 PM.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Sicilian Babe] #627509
01/02/12 04:10 PM
01/02/12 04:10 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY

"Jersey style"? Never heard of "Jersey style." Sounds rather perverted to me... whistle

I read that Santorum would nullify gay marriages if elected.

Amazing at it sounds, I do believe that there actually are gay Republican voters. I can't imagine that comment would sit well with them.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Signor Vitelli] #627514
01/02/12 04:37 PM
01/02/12 04:37 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: Signor Vitelli

"Jersey style"? Never heard of "Jersey style." Sounds rather perverted to me... whistle

I read that Santorum would nullify gay marriages if elected.

Amazing at it sounds, I do believe that there actually are gay Republican voters. I can't imagine that comment would sit well with them.

Signor V.

You haven't heard of Log Cabin Republicans?

A President doesn't have any Constitutional or statutory authority to nullify gay marriages. Even attempting to do so would cause an uproar from states as a Prima facie violation of federalism that the federal courts would uphold.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Election 2012 [Re: olivant] #627552
01/02/12 07:15 PM
01/02/12 07:15 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Originally Posted By: olivant
You haven't heard of Log Cabin Republicans?

I had, but drew a blank as far as their name when I posted before. Brain freeze.

A President doesn't have any Constitutional or statutory authority to nullify gay marriages.

Which is what struck me when I read it. But still, for Santorum to go out on a limb and say it.... rolleyes

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Signor Vitelli] #627568
01/02/12 08:43 PM
01/02/12 08:43 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: Signor Vitelli[quote=olivant
A President doesn't have any Constitutional or statutory authority to nullify gay marriages.

Which is what struck me when I read it. But still, for Santorum to go out on a limb and say it.... rolleyes

Signor V. [/quote]

That's one thing that chaps me about presidential candidates ... the way they use I, I, I as if there are not two other branches of governemnt. I especially get chapped when a candidate states that they will lower taxes. No they won't. Only the Congress can do that. I think those candidates presume too much.

But Santorum is something of a religious fanatic. You usually don't hear of a Catholic described that way. But as a former Catholic, I know of what I speak.

Last edited by olivant; 01/02/12 08:46 PM.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: olivant] #627575
01/02/12 09:07 PM
01/02/12 09:07 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline OP
ronnierocketAGO  Offline OP
R

East Tennessee

That's one thing that chaps me about presidential candidates ... the way they use I, I, I as if there are not two other branches of governemnt. I especially get chapped when a candidate states that they will lower taxes. No they won't. Only the Congress can do that. I think those candidates presume too much.

That's because they assume their voters are ignorant morons. And if elected officials reflect their voters...

But Santorum is something of a religious fanatic. You usually don't hear of a Catholic described that way. But as a former Catholic, I know of what I speak.

With exception of Paul, that entire field are full of religious fanatics. Yes even Mittens, who may or may not sincerely believe the homophobic government activism the GOP has preached and practiced for the last several decades, but he'll carry that rhetoric (if softened) and policy.

Poor Paul, he could've won more votes if he threated gays a national threat just like the other candidates.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #627581
01/02/12 10:12 PM
01/02/12 10:12 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I saw Santorum on TV yesterday, on either "Meet The Press" or "Face The Nation" (I was flipping back and forth between the two since they were both covering the Iowa caucus). He was completely defensive and divisive. He swore that the President has refused to meet with Boehner and other Republicans for "the past six months", and was promptly reminded about the debt ceiling vote and how often they had all met, he changed his tune.

Btw, here's Governor Chris "Soprano" Christie, threatening the people of Iowa if they don't do "the right thing" and give the win to Romney.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #627586
01/02/12 10:31 PM
01/02/12 10:31 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
See I don't buy Christie's threat.

No I won't crack a joke about having the state pay for a helicopter ride to fly his fatass over to Iowa to "readjust" that voting bloc.

But let's admit it: If you have a chopper, a helicopter ride out to Iowa is a very very very long away. And he's going to get very very very hungry.

Point is, he'll make some buffets rich between Jersey and Iowa. It'll take him a week to make the journey.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #627614
01/03/12 01:02 AM
01/03/12 01:02 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Have any of you heard about this regarding Rick Santorum? I don't know when it happened. I think it was many years ago. What do you think, especially you ladies? The boy only lived two hours after birth:

"We kept little Gabriel with us that night and we brought him home the next day," Santorum said at a campaign stop in Newton, Iowa. "We brought him home so our children could see him."

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Sicilian Babe] #627670
01/03/12 02:59 PM
01/03/12 02:59 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Btw, here's Governor Chris "Soprano" Christie, threatening the people of Iowa if they don't do "the right thing" and give the win to Romney.

I guess Christie doesn't mind propagating the stereotype of the blue collar New York/New Jersey guy as thuggish rolleyes.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: olivant] #627677
01/03/12 03:25 PM
01/03/12 03:25 PM
California

California
Have any of you heard about this regarding Rick Santorum? I don't know when it happened. I think it was many years ago. What do you think, especially you ladies? The boy only lived two hours after birth:

"We kept little Gabriel with us that night and we brought him home the next day," Santorum said at a campaign stop in Newton, Iowa. "We brought him home so our children could see him."

Oli,

I just heard about that yesterday and only picked up a little more today. Do I understand then that the baby was stillborn and they brought the body home so the family could see him?

I have never heard of such a thing and am surprised a hospital would allow it. I can imagine the grief of the loss, but this sounds a little eerie to me. panic

TIS

Re: Election 2012 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #627685
01/03/12 03:50 PM
01/03/12 03:50 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Oli,

I just heard about that yesterday and only picked up a little more today. Do I understand then that the baby was stillborn and they brought the body home so the family could see him?

I have never heard of such a thing and am surprised a hospital would allow it. I can imagine the grief of the loss, but this sounds a little eerie to me. panic

TIS

this sounds more creepier than the duggard family.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #627686
01/03/12 03:52 PM
01/03/12 03:52 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
That's what I understand happened.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: olivant] #627701
01/03/12 04:58 PM
01/03/12 04:58 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
That's the creepiest thing I ever heard, and I worked in funeral service for twenty five years and heard some real doozies.

Who could he possibly hope to impress by sharing such maudlin information?

Pandering for the empathy/sympathy vote is tacky at best. This is just more evidence that the religious right won't allow a middle-of-the-road (read: sane) Republican to get the nomination.

These guys are making George Bush Junior look at least as smart as, well, George Bush Senior.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: pizzaboy] #627702
01/03/12 05:01 PM
01/03/12 05:01 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
That's the creepiest thing I ever heard, and I worked in funeral service for twenty five years and heard some real doozies.

Who could he possibly hope to impress by sharing such maudlin information?

Pandering for the empathy/sympathy vote is tacky at best. This is just more evidence that the religious right won't allow a middle-of-the-road (read: sane) Republican to get the nomination.

These guys are making George Bush Junior look at least as smart as, well, George Bush Senior.

off topic: you worked in the furinal business?

on topic: i really don't know why he had to share this story, it's just the wrong way to go with sympathy votes.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #627705
01/03/12 05:15 PM
01/03/12 05:15 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Sympathy votes? What about the Vomit Vote?? UGH!

I could see if the baby was given a limited time to live and they wanted him to die at home, but why bring a dead baby into the house and subject his surviving siblings to that? Too weird and creepy for words.

My mom had another baby two years before I was born, but the baby didn't survive. The nun at the hospital was reluctant to let my DAD see her body, much less let him bring it home and parade it around the neighborhood.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #627711
01/03/12 05:33 PM
01/03/12 05:33 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
OK, just looked this up online. The baby had a fatal birth defect and they knew he wouldn't survive outside the womb. However, they refused an abortion, which was principled of them. They refused to let the morgue take him off for burial. They spend the night after his death at the hospital and slept with the dead baby between them. Then they took him home the next day to meet his siblings.

Now I really may throw up.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Sicilian Babe] #627713
01/03/12 05:37 PM
01/03/12 05:37 PM
California

California
Wow, that is creepy. uhwhat It sounds like an episode of "American Horror Story."

TIS

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #627729
01/03/12 09:35 PM
01/03/12 09:35 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
CBS' exit polls had 40% say economy is #1 issue, followed by the deficit at 36%. 40% of voters also just made their decision in the last few days.

(And this means...I have no clue.)

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #627745
01/03/12 11:32 PM
01/03/12 11:32 PM
California

California
Anyone else following the Iowa Caucus? Looks like it'll go down to the wire. Geez, at this point, if it ends this close, is there really any winner? confused

Santorum 24
Romney 24
Paul 22

(49 per cent reporting)

TIS

Re: Election 2012 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #627750
01/03/12 11:38 PM
01/03/12 11:38 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
TIS, the Iowa caucuses are more meaningful to the candidates than voters. They indicate who are viable candidates and who are not and help them make decisions about whether they'll stay in the race or not. Since cnadidates get onlya proportionof the Republican nomination delegates, they don't mean much statistically. However, a strong showing can also attract financial support. The bigger test is the New Hampshire primary next week.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: olivant] #627751
01/03/12 11:40 PM
01/03/12 11:40 PM
California

California
Oli,

I know the Caucus is different with few voting. As far as NH, isn't it more or less a given that Romney will win because it's his neck of the woods? confused

TIS

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #627755
01/03/12 11:53 PM
01/03/12 11:53 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Erickson (Red State):

Quote:
If you put a gun to my head and said Romney or Santorum, I would say pull the trigger.

Page 45 of 141 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 140 141

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull