GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 328 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,890
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,665
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger... #627241
12/31/11 06:31 PM
12/31/11 06:31 PM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline OP
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline OP
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
I'm thinking: Did Carlo Gambino ever murder anyone himself? Or Paul Castellano? A lot of guys who go onto become bosses did dirty work coming up, these two and more perhaps may never have personally murdered. I think of the scene with Bobby and Tony from the Sopranos "You never did pop your cherry in that regard", in the olden days especially, was this something which made you a real respected mobster?

Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger... [Re: NickyScarfo] #627250
12/31/11 07:51 PM
12/31/11 07:51 PM
Mukremin Offline
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline
Underboss
I think some of them didnt kill someone personaly, but in most cases they would be a driver, or someone who set it up. Or maybe a reserve gunmen, but who knows what they did in the early 20 and 30s. It was very easy to kill and get away with minimum jail time, or not at all.

Up to date mafia charts --> https://cosanostracharts.wordpress.com/
Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger... [Re: NickyScarfo] #627257
12/31/11 09:07 PM
12/31/11 09:07 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
This is a good topic. There is strong evidence to believe gotti never pulled a trigger and personally killed anybody. McBratney doesn't count since ralph galione was the triggerman. also gotti was a captain pretty much the whole time so he ordered a lot of deaths but didn't carry out any in my opinion

Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger... [Re: NickyScarfo] #627258
12/31/11 09:13 PM
12/31/11 09:13 PM
Frosty Offline
BANNED
Frosty  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Gotti did some killen wink but then when ya can have things done why not set and watch ! lol

Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger... [Re: Frosty] #627263
12/31/11 10:23 PM
12/31/11 10:23 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Frosty
Gotti did some killen wink but then when ya can have things done why not set and watch ! lol

I dont know about that. i have read a lot about gotti and i never saw one incident that he killed personally. Now he is a murderer becaus ehe ordered countless murders. But he never did actually kill someone. The two guys that was directly involved with was mcbratney which he was present but didn't actually kill. the second was anthony plate who he helped kill but willie boy johnson killed along with angelo

Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: NickyScarfo] #627264
12/31/11 10:48 PM
12/31/11 10:48 PM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
When Gotti made the "brilliant" move of stripping Anthony Scotto of his Captain rank in favor of a nobody, it was because Anthony Scotto had never pulled the trigger, and thus was ineligible to even be made. And for the record, Massino says John Gotti personally killed Vito Borelli.

Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: BarrettM] #627267
12/31/11 10:55 PM
12/31/11 10:55 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: BarrettM
When Gotti made the "brilliant" move of stripping Anthony Scotto of his Captain rank in favor of a nobody, it was because Anthony Scotto had never pulled the trigger, and thus was ineligible to even be made. And for the record, Massino says John Gotti personally killed Vito Borelli.

Massino actually killed Borelli.

Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: NickyScarfo] #627289
01/01/12 03:33 AM
01/01/12 03:33 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

My understanding has been, a guy didn't necessarily have to be the one who actually pulled the trigger. Participating in a murder in any way makes him just as guilty so he gets credit for it.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: IvyLeague] #627291
01/01/12 03:53 AM
01/01/12 03:53 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
My understanding has been, a guy didn't necessarily have to be the one who actually pulled the trigger. Participating in a murder in any way makes him just as guilty so he gets credit for it.

Thats true. But i think the topic was famous mobster who never personally killed someone on their own or from their hands

Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: NickyScarfo] #627292
01/01/12 04:06 AM
01/01/12 04:06 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline OP
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline OP
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Yeah like Gambino, Castellano, Scarfo, did they ever murder themselves? Its not a nice thing to say but I think it takes more toughness, balls or whatever to personally do the deed rather than organising or planning it.

Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: NickyScarfo] #627298
01/01/12 05:12 AM
01/01/12 05:12 AM
Mukremin Offline
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline
Underboss
I am sure Genovese did it, i am not sure about Bonanno. But like Ivy and me said, they must have participated in killings. And i am sure Anastasia, Tony Accardo did kill. Scarfo to, and i dont think Angelo Bruno has killed someone personaly.

Up to date mafia charts --> https://cosanostracharts.wordpress.com/
Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: Mukremin] #627303
01/01/12 06:29 AM
01/01/12 06:29 AM
Scotland UK
gemini_killer Offline
Capo
gemini_killer  Offline
Capo
Scotland UK
John Gotti had allegedly killed several people but all unconfirmed, like Tommy Desimone he apparently did that himself and did it slowly, (also read tommy agro killed him tho), John Favara he apparently chainsawed this poor guy after he returned from Florida (he was kept alive until he returned), Vito Borelli was apparently killed by John Gotti but on the Word of Joe Massino who by the way Gotti had called a "punk" and lol "a hungry whale swallowing anything he can get" so you never know... I also read that John had got iggy alogna to try and get Louis Dibono alive and bring him back to him, to which he would have certainly killed him himself - theres likely more but cant think, hungover uhwhat

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn. -Frank White

You say your 72, if they come back and tell me to give you a message - and if you want to defy it ... I assure you that you will never reach 73 - Joey "the clown" Lombardo
Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: NickyScarfo] #627306
01/01/12 09:14 AM
01/01/12 09:14 AM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
Scarfo most certainly put bullets into people, and took lives in other ways --- that manslaughter thing that Bruno sent him to AC for.

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: BarrettM] #627309
01/01/12 09:43 AM
01/01/12 09:43 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: BarrettM
When Gotti made the "brilliant" move of stripping Anthony Scotto of his Captain rank in favor of a nobody, it was because Anthony Scotto had never pulled the trigger, and thus was ineligible to even be made.

As far as I know, you don't necessarily have to kill somebody to get made. Moneymakers are more important than killers. It's always been that way since the beginning of the Five Families.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: NickyScarfo] #627310
01/01/12 10:06 AM
01/01/12 10:06 AM
B
bonanno Offline
Made Member
bonanno  Offline
B
Made Member
i think Carlo Gamibno did...

Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: Sonny_Black] #627311
01/01/12 10:36 AM
01/01/12 10:36 AM
Scotland UK
gemini_killer Offline
Capo
gemini_killer  Offline
Capo
Scotland UK
Robert Di-B Dibernardo and Tommy Gambino, were high ranking in the Gambino family - Tommy was a captain and i'm quite sure DB was a ranked a captain even though he never had a crew...I read somewhere he may have been made in New Jersey Decavalcante Family before being transferred to the Gambinos - when Paul was killed he apparently was made a captain for his assistance in setting big paul up...

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn. -Frank White

You say your 72, if they come back and tell me to give you a message - and if you want to defy it ... I assure you that you will never reach 73 - Joey "the clown" Lombardo
Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: gemini_killer] #627313
01/01/12 10:56 AM
01/01/12 10:56 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Let us not forget about Michael Franzese who claims he never killed anyone. Perhaps a little dubious but who are we to know?
And according to Vinny Teresa, Jerry Angiulo (the Patriarca Underboss) bought himself into the mob when taking over the numbers rackets in the Boston area.

Originally Posted By: gemini_killer
Robert Di-B Dibernardo and Tommy Gambino, were high ranking in the Gambino family - Tommy was a captain and i'm quite sure DB was a ranked a captain even though he never had a crew...I read somewhere he may have been made in New Jersey Decavalcante Family before being transferred to the Gambinos - when Paul was killed he apparently was made a captain for his assistance in setting big paul up...

GK, your quote is correct. After Terry Zappi died in 1986, his NJ soldiers came under the command of Mike Mondaglia who was made capo, while "Big" Chris Richichi (who was also made a capo) took over Zappi´s NY soldiers.
Robert DiBernardo, who had belonged to the Zappi crew as well, was also bumped up to capo for his support in the Castellano killing. Allthough he had no soldiers.
According to FBI documents that somebody posted here (I think it was Ivy, but I´m not sure), DiBernardo functioned briefly as an acting capo while Zappi was ill. A year or so before Zappi died.

[Linked Image]
Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: NickyScarfo] #627314
01/01/12 11:54 AM
01/01/12 11:54 AM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
Yeah like Gambino, Castellano, Scarfo, did they ever murder themselves? Its not a nice thing to say but I think it takes more toughness, balls or whatever to personally do the deed rather than organising or planning it.

Nicky Scarfo killed a guy over a seat at the Oregon Diner, he only did a few years for it thought. That is when Bruno wanted to have him wacked out, but Nicky's uncles saved him from death, but not banishment to Atlantic City, which was a wasteland at the time.

Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: NickyScarfo] #627315
01/01/12 12:04 PM
01/01/12 12:04 PM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline OP
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline OP
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
What about Joey Merlino? I know he was possibly the trigger man in the Scarfo jr hit, but what about other hits?

Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: gemini_killer] #627316
01/01/12 12:08 PM
01/01/12 12:08 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
John Gotti had allegedly killed several people but all unconfirmed, like Tommy Desimone he apparently did that himself and did it slowly, (also read tommy agro killed him tho), John Favara he apparently chainsawed this poor guy after he returned from Florida (he was kept alive until he returned), Vito Borelli was apparently killed by John Gotti but on the Word of Joe Massino who by the way Gotti had called a "punk" and lol "a hungry whale swallowing anything he can get" so you never know... I also read that John had got iggy alogna to try and get Louis Dibono alive and bring him back to him, to which he would have certainly killed him himself - theres likely more but cant think, hungover uhwhat

Tommy Agro killed tommy and agro was acting on orders from gotti since gotti was a captain. John favara was ordered to die by gotti but gotti went to florida during the killing this way he would have an alibi. Louie Dibono was killed in his car by Charlies Carneglia

Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: JCrusher] #627321
01/01/12 01:49 PM
01/01/12 01:49 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Gaspipe Casso killed more than a few.

I'm interested in the older Dons. Genovese definitely was a killer, but I've never read anything about direct killing by Bonanno, Costello, Luciano, Lucchese or Mangano. Doesn't mean they didn't kill, just that I haven't read about it.

Capone, not a Mafia don, killed twice before he was 21, precipitating his flight to Chicago. There he killed with his own hands only once--a small timer who'd slapped around his bosom buddy Jake Guzik. He baseball-batted Scalise, Anselmi and Giunta, but they were finished off by Accardo and McGurn.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: JCrusher] #627325
01/01/12 02:37 PM
01/01/12 02:37 PM
Scotland UK
gemini_killer Offline
Capo
gemini_killer  Offline
Capo
Scotland UK
Originally Posted By: JCrusher

Tommy Agro killed tommy and agro was acting on orders from gotti since gotti was a captain. John favara was ordered to die by gotti but gotti went to florida during the killing this way he would have an alibi. Louie Dibono was killed in his car by Charlies Carneglia

Well nobody knows when Favara was actually killed as the body was never found, so it is possible he was kept alive until Gotti returned... Gotti had a alibi for the time favara was kidnapped but killed I dunno... I think gotti is the type of guy that would wanna do this himself... Desimone I'd say you are right Tommy Agro killed Desimones older brother (rat fuck), and bragged that "maybe it's time to go for the Desimone Trifecta" which would suggest he killed Tommy too as well as plotting the death or the other brother left alive... But remember Desimone killed 2 of john gotti's close associates William Devino (Billy Batts) and Ronald Foxy Jerothe without the OK...something hot headed gotti would probably like to handle himself... also take into consideration that you can either believe one rat (Joe Dogs Iannuzzi) or the other (henry hill) - I think Gotti actually gave the Dibono hit to Pat Conte who could not get him, I also said that John Gotti had got Iggy Alogna "to try" and bring dibono back alive (he refused to show up for meetings, insulting gotti) however this was very difficult as Dibono moved constantly around New York and New Jersey and was continually evading the mobsters trying to find him... Then they got word he had work at the world trade center -Kevin Mcmahon was driving Bobby Boreillo was on look out and Charlie Carneglia walked up to Dibono and shot him 7 times (4 in the head) - all as I am saying as there are several sources of information and all of them come from informants, for example look at the Iceman (Richard Kuklinski)- this asshole claims he's killed everyone you can fuckin think of - Roy Demeo, Carmine Galante, Paul Castellano cant even remember all the shit he says he done that he clearly did not - I aint saying he aint a killer...just that he has took credit for more famous killings that he had fuck all to do with....

Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: gemini_killer] #627330
01/01/12 03:13 PM
01/01/12 03:13 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: JCrusher

Well nobody knows when Favara was actually killed as the body was never found, so it is possible he was kept alive until Gotti returned... Gotti had a alibi for the time favara was kidnapped but killed I dunno... I think gotti is the type of guy that would wanna do this himself... Desimone I'd say you are right Tommy Agro killed Desimones older brother (rat fuck), and bragged that "maybe it's time to go for the Desimone Trifecta" which would suggest he killed Tommy too as well as plotting the death or the other brother left alive... But remember Desimone killed 2 of john gotti's close associates William Devino (Billy Batts) and Ronald Foxy Jerothe without the OK...something hot headed gotti would probably like to handle himself... also take into consideration that you can either believe one rat (Joe Dogs Iannuzzi) or the other (henry hill) - I think Gotti actually gave the Dibono hit to Pat Conte who could not get him, I also said that John Gotti had got Iggy Alogna "to try" and bring dibono back alive (he refused to show up for meetings, insulting gotti) however this was very difficult as Dibono moved constantly around New York and New Jersey and was continually evading the mobsters trying to find him... Then they got word he had work at the world trade center -Kevin Mcmahon was driving Bobby Boreillo was on look out and Charlie Carneglia walked up to Dibono and shot him 7 times (4 in the head) - all as I am saying as there are several sources of information and all of them come from informants, for example look at the Iceman (Richard Kuklinski)- this asshole claims he's killed everyone you can fuckin think of - Roy Demeo, Carmine Galante, Paul Castellano cant even remember all the shit he says he done that he clearly did not - I aint saying he aint a killer...just that he has took credit for more famous killings that he had fuck all to do with....

I understand what you are saying. I'm not trying to discredit you in any way. I agree that gotti is a murderer. I'm just saying that I have read a lot of infor on gotti and he ordered many killings but he himself said that he wasn't a guy who carried guns. True i dont know what happened to favara but remember when he was abuducted he was shot so it isn't very liekly he lived too long after that especially since gotti was in florida for a few days. Tommy agro was close to desimone as you said he killed his brother so it made sense for him to kill him. Gotti enevr really neede to personally kill anybody because he was a captain pretty much right after he got made

Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: JCrusher] #627341
01/01/12 04:15 PM
01/01/12 04:15 PM
Scotland UK
gemini_killer Offline
Capo
gemini_killer  Offline
Capo
Scotland UK
“Don't carry a gun. It's nice to have them close by, but don't carry them. You might get arrested.” you mean that quote by John Gotti, well I guess your right since he says he dont carry guns we should believe him... isnt this the guy who says "me, I know when to keep my fuckin mouth shut" while being taped? and as you said he never really "needed" to kill anyone - but did... I dont believe for one second that John Gotti never killed anyone himself since he became captain.. and as far as favara taking a 22 slug to the ass and hit with a bat (all unconfirmed) and not being able to survive for 2 days is bs...we will just agree to disagree my friend... I do think it would be risky to keep a guy for 2+ days for Gotti to come home but it has been done.... William Action Jackson lasted 3 days hanging from a hook up his ass and getting all sorts done to him...

Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: NickyScarfo] #627344
01/01/12 04:21 PM
01/01/12 04:21 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Well with all due respect you are telling me How do I know? The answer is I dont but you don't know either. maybe he did but from everything i have read and i've talked to a few guys in the department who are friends with my uncle who was on teh force that was involved gotti wasn't a hitman. gotti was a tough guy no doubt about it but he usually gave out orders. guys like anthony rampino,angie,willie boy johnson, and gene carried them out

Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: JCrusher] #627347
01/01/12 04:34 PM
01/01/12 04:34 PM
Scotland UK
gemini_killer Offline
Capo
gemini_killer  Offline
Capo
Scotland UK
I never once said How do you know?, but your right I don't know - I've got my opinion and you got yours pal, and all due respect but unless your uncle and his buddies were street guys then they don't know either.... you seem pretty one sided about this so as I did actually say "we will agree to disagree" my friend rolleyes

Last edited by gemini_killer; 01/01/12 04:35 PM.

Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: NickyScarfo] #627352
01/01/12 04:42 PM
01/01/12 04:42 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Relax man i was always respectful to you no need to be nasty. You are misinterpreting what i said. i wasn't mocking you i was just saying that neither of us know. I understand where you are coming from but you shouldn't jump to conclusions since i was being respectful to you

Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: JCrusher] #627354
01/01/12 04:52 PM
01/01/12 04:52 PM
Scotland UK
gemini_killer Offline
Capo
gemini_killer  Offline
Capo
Scotland UK
I was never nasty buddy, you got it all wrong ... why dont you show me where I was nasty to you? if so I will apologize ...come on I understand what you are saying perfectly I just don't agree with you ...If you mean nasty by my use foul language when describing the mob then I'll stop ...no problem, I don't want any problems with you guy - I'm a new member with a big mouth whistle relax

Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: gemini_killer] #627355
01/01/12 04:56 PM
01/01/12 04:56 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
I was never nasty buddy, you got it all wrong ... why dont you show me where I was nasty to you? if so I will apologize ...come on I understand what you are saying perfectly I just don't agree with you ...If you mean nasty by my use foul language when describing the mob then I'll stop ...no problem, I don't want any problems with you guy - I'm a new member with a big mouth whistle relax

You seem to know your stuff and make good points and i was just trying to offer an opinion thats all. i never disrespect anybody i just think you misinterpreted some things which is cool. I mean i just try to be nice but i have no problem with you at all

Re: Huge Mob Figures who Never Pulled the Trigger. [Re: JCrusher] #627357
01/01/12 05:05 PM
01/01/12 05:05 PM
Scotland UK
gemini_killer Offline
Capo
gemini_killer  Offline
Capo
Scotland UK
ok no problem salud, NOW GO HOME GET YOUR FUCKING SHINEBOX lol

only kidding pal - I'm a bit drunk, I'm usually a good fella wink

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull