GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 314 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,519
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,973
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,354
Posts1,059,078
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: thebarber] #624765
12/14/11 01:50 PM
12/14/11 01:50 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: thebarber
Originally Posted By: carmela
Before the thread gets locked, I'd like to know who's member is the biggest. Feel free to post pics.

LOL I like yur style carm

grin wink

Anybody wants into Real Deal, tell them Tag and Whitemale vouch for you. Boom. You're in.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: carmela] #624899
12/15/11 04:07 AM
12/15/11 04:07 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

But, just in case... he's got at least 10 different ways he knows how to get in touch with me if he wants. wink

Well, therein lies the rub, Tag. wink

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: IvyLeague] #625046
12/15/11 07:29 PM
12/15/11 07:29 PM
S
spartan Offline
Button
spartan  Offline
S
Button
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Living in Utah as I do, I'm pretty much the least likely to ever run into a mob guy. That said, my cousin who lives in Idaho actually did. In Idaho no less.

Long story short, she runs a specialty furniture boutique or whatever you call it. There are quite a few wealthy people that have vacation homes, cabins, etc. up near there. For instance, Bruce Willis and Demi Moore had a vacation home up there for years. I think she still has it, in fact.

Anyway, one day about 7 or 8 years ago, this couple walked into the store. She said they looked like something out of mob "central casting." Obviously Italian, both dressed very well, had the accent. And to top it off, they had what appeared to be a bodyguard stand outside with the wife's dog on a leash.

They bought a crap load of stuff for some place they had just purchased. Thousands and thousands of dollars worth. The next day, two kids that worked there drove out to the place to deliver it. The guy gave them a $500 tip.

My cousin mentioned this to me because she knew I had an interest in the mob. She said he had actually paid by check and I asked what his name was. The check had said John S-------. But to this day I'm not sure if it was the father, who is a Colombo soldier, or his son, John Jr.

That's pretty funny.

In Toronto or Hamilton you would never tell someone is a mobster. You could meet one of the heads of an Ndrangheta clan and you would never know. Nothing flashy about them and very low key and extremely polite. Even the younger generation, it's very deceiving. But if you cross them, then you know and are in for a shock of a lifetime.

Last edited by J Geoff; 05/03/12 12:03 PM.
Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: Jimmy_Two_Times] #625051
12/15/11 07:40 PM
12/15/11 07:40 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
^^^ Is the same thing in Sicily. They're all around but it's just what it is. Nothing flashy, no big deal, but to disrespect one of them, you'll know right away.

When we stay at my husband's house there in the summers and some tourists might pass thru...the tourists have no idea who is mafiosi or not...BUT everybody that lives there is always aware of who is passing thru town. Especially in a place like Agrigento or Trapani, they are aware of everyone that looks out of place in town. But a regular person could never tell who is mafia. But then again, it'd be easier to pick out who is NOT mafia, than who is. lol

Last edited by carmela; 12/15/11 07:40 PM.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: carmela] #625054
12/15/11 07:53 PM
12/15/11 07:53 PM
S
spartan Offline
Button
spartan  Offline
S
Button
^^^ Is the same thing in Sicily. They're all around but it's just what it is. Nothing flashy, no big deal, but to disrespect one of them, you'll know right away.

When we stay at my husband's house there in the summers and some tourists might pass thru...the tourists have no idea who is mafiosi or not...BUT everybody that lives there is always aware of who is passing thru town. Especially in a place like Agrigento or Trapani, they are aware of everyone that looks out of place in town. But a regular person could never tell who is mafia. But then again, it'd be easier to pick out who is NOT mafia, than who is. lol

You mean in Agrigento the Mafiosi don't wear a lot of gold, drive cadillacs and take steroids? I kid, I kid. I'm just joking. US Italian OC is a lot different than Italian OC in the rest of the world where they are low key, quiet and just try to blend in and not stand out. I'm going to be in Agrigento in a couple weeks, I wonder if they'll notice me.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: Jimmy_Two_Times] #625056
12/15/11 07:57 PM
12/15/11 07:57 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
lol, No, and they don't drive flashy cars. When we go over to Palermo, there's a bit more flash, the occasional Ferrari, but not usual.

For real? You'll be in Agrigento? For what? Usually people don't go there unless they are vacationing from north Italy or live there. Well, you don't have to divulge, but I've never heard of anyone just "going" to Agrigento. haha You must have family there.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: carmela] #625059
12/15/11 08:02 PM
12/15/11 08:02 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
lol, No, and they don't drive flashy cars. When we go over to Palermo, there's a bit more flash, the occasional Ferrari, but not usual.

For real? You'll be in Agrigento? For what? Usually people don't go there unless they are vacationing from north Italy or live there. Well, you don't have to divulge, but I've never heard of anyone just "going" to Agrigento. haha You must have family there.

Same thing happens in Reggio with ndrangheta clans, they drive old shitty cars although some of the younger people might be more flashy.

Generally speaking and from my personal experience, Sicilian gangsters are just a bit flashier than their Calabrian counterparts, both in Italy and in Canada.

Last edited by eurodave; 12/15/11 08:04 PM.
Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: carmela] #625060
12/15/11 08:07 PM
12/15/11 08:07 PM
S
spartan Offline
Button
spartan  Offline
S
Button
carmela, as my name suggests I'm not Italian, but right now I'm pretty close to Sicily.

I've heard Agrigento is very nice....and they have nice ancient ruins. Plus the weather this time of year us good as is the food.

I usually visit Montreal this time of year, but this time it's Sicily.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: spartan] #625069
12/15/11 08:38 PM
12/15/11 08:38 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: spartan
carmela, as my name suggests I'm not Italian, but right now I'm pretty close to Sicily.

I've heard Agrigento is very nice....and they have nice ancient ruins. Plus the weather this time of year us good as is the food.

It's beautiful, I love it. But if you're not from there, or not familiar, it's a bit of a culture shock especially for Americans. Looks like what Americans would call the ghetto lol. But it's old and beautiful and full of history. I love it. If you're in Porto Empedocle, which is my husband's town, you can go to the Temples. It's the Valley of the Temples. It's beautiful this time of year, you're right; although I love summer for the beach/sea/tan. grin

Anyway, sorry to derail the thread, enjoy your visit there. smile

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: carmela] #625072
12/15/11 08:54 PM
12/15/11 08:54 PM
S
spartan Offline
Button
spartan  Offline
S
Button

It's beautiful, I love it. But if you're not from there, or not familiar, it's a bit of a culture shock especially for Americans. Looks like what Americans would call the ghetto lol. But it's old and beautiful and full of history. I love it. If you're in Porto Empedocle, which is my husband's town, you can go to the Temples. It's the Valley of the Temples. It's beautiful this time of year, you're right; although I love summer for the beach/sea/tan. grin

carmela, thank you, but I'm not American!!!

Right now I live in the southern Mediterranean so visiting Sicily is like visiting family. I think it's very similar to where I am now.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: spartan] #625075
12/15/11 09:01 PM
12/15/11 09:01 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada

Right now I live in the southern Mediterranean so visiting Sicily is like visiting family. I think it's very similar to where I am now.

You'll love Sicily and southern Italy in general. It will remind you of Greece in many ways.

Make sure you check out Taormina!

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: spartan] #625076
12/15/11 09:02 PM
12/15/11 09:02 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ

lol No, I know you're not American. I was just saying what Americans in general think on first glance of a place like Agrigento.

I know who you are. Welcome to the board. wink

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: carmela] #625081
12/15/11 09:11 PM
12/15/11 09:11 PM
S
spartan Offline
Button
spartan  Offline
S
Button

lol No, I know you're not American. I was just saying what Americans in general think on first glance of a place like Agrigento.

I know who you are. Welcome to the board. wink

Ohhh, I think I know who you are too. How are you? (and who cares about what Americans, Canadians etc think?!! right now I'm in Europe's ghetto.....i.e. southern Greece! haha but the funny think is, everyone here has money....I think it's a lot like Sicily).

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: Jimmy_Two_Times] #625128
12/16/11 04:27 AM
12/16/11 04:27 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Hermit and ronnie, check your messages.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: eurodave] #625132
12/16/11 05:09 AM
12/16/11 05:09 AM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
Originally Posted By: eurodave

Same thing happens in Reggio with ndrangheta clans, they drive old shitty cars although some of the younger people might be more flashy.

You're parents were from Calabria, right?

Generally speaking and from my personal experience, Sicilian gangsters are just a bit flashier than their Calabrian counterparts, both in Italy and in Canada.

I'm Sicilian; it must be all that black blood pumpin' through our hearts!! whistle

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: Nicholas] #625136
12/16/11 06:02 AM
12/16/11 06:02 AM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Nicholas

I'm Sicilian; it must be all that black blood pumpin' through our hearts!! whistle

Just checking: You know that the "Sicilians are part black" thing is a myth, right?

Last edited by Ivan; 12/16/11 06:04 AM.
Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: Ivan] #625158
12/16/11 11:29 AM
12/16/11 11:29 AM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
Originally Posted By: Ivan

Just checking: You know that the "Sicilians are part black" thing is a myth, right?
no way they said it true romance...it must be true than! tongue

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: Nicholas] #625162
12/16/11 11:47 AM
12/16/11 11:47 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada

You're parents were from Calabria, right?

I`m born in Calabria(Reggio Calabria) and have relatives who live in Sicily(Messina, Siracusa, Palermo)

Last edited by eurodave; 12/16/11 11:48 AM.
Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: Ivan] #625165
12/16/11 11:55 AM
12/16/11 11:55 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada

Culturally they have a heavy Arabic influence not suprising because of their proximity to Norther Africa.

The Calabrians have a strong Greek influence.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: eurodave] #625169
12/16/11 12:04 PM
12/16/11 12:04 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Reggio is gorgeous, Dave.

Welcome to the boards, Spartan.

If you have an extra couple of days, I highly recommend taking the ferry from Messina to Villa San Giovanni. They have ferries that are autos only, passengers only, or combo ferries. They leave every 20 minutes or so. And if you really have some time, take the long drive up to Cosenza. The scenery is breathtaking, both along the coast AND inland.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: pizzaboy] #625171
12/16/11 12:16 PM
12/16/11 12:16 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

If you have an extra couple of days, I highly recommend taking the ferry from Messina to Villa San Giovanni. They have ferries that are autos only, passengers only, or combo ferries. They leave every 20 minutes or so. And if you really have some time, take the long drive up to Cosenza. The scenery is breathtaking, both along the coast AND inland.

Don`t forget Scilla and Tropea!

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: eurodave] #625172
12/16/11 12:26 PM
12/16/11 12:26 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Don`t forget Scilla and Tropea!

Of course not, Dave!

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: pizzaboy] #625202
12/16/11 04:58 PM
12/16/11 04:58 PM
S
spartan Offline
Button
spartan  Offline
S
Button

Thank you.

I've been in Europe for over half the year but haven't had time to travel. The truth is there is so much to see in Italy (I'm only interested in the south), that an entire lifetime wouldn't be enough. I've been told the scenery in Calabria is similar to Greece, but I want to see it for myself.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: spartan] #625204
12/16/11 05:04 PM
12/16/11 05:04 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I've been told the scenery in Calabria is similar to Greece, but I want to see it for myself.

You really should. I'm an American. My father's parents were born in Lauropoli, Cosenza (also referred to as Cassano allo Ionio, Cosenza), and my Mom's parents were from Stigliano, in Matera, Basilicata. I've been to both towns on multiple occasions, but identify more with my Calabrese side because I was blessed to spend a full 18 months there back in the '80s, before I got married.

Calabria's coastal areas are very similar to the Greek Islands. Do you speak the Greek-Bovesian dialect familiar to some Calabrians?

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: eurodave] #625216
12/16/11 06:50 PM
12/16/11 06:50 PM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA

Yes and no. I've always though that the Moors were not completely homogenius in racial disparity; some Arab, some black.

I`m born in Calabria(Reggio Calabria) and have relatives who live in Sicily(Messina, Siracusa, Palermo)

Are you ethnically Sicilian though?

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: Nicholas] #625218
12/16/11 06:56 PM
12/16/11 06:56 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss

Yes and no. I've always though that the Moors were not completely homogenius in racial disparity; some Arab, some black.

There were a few blacks mixed among the Arabs but it was a tiny amount and they've left no genetic "legacy" in Sicily that can be detected.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: Nicholas] #625219
12/16/11 06:58 PM
12/16/11 06:58 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ

So if the Moors were not completely homogenius, I assume you mean they absolutely were not extremely intelligent gay people. No?

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: Nicholas] #625223
12/16/11 07:25 PM
12/16/11 07:25 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada

Are you ethnically Sicilian though?

Full Calabrian.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: pizzaboy] #625226
12/16/11 07:35 PM
12/16/11 07:35 PM
H
ht2 Offline
Capo
ht2  Offline
H
Capo

You really should. I'm an American. My father's parents were born in Lauropoli, Cosenza (also referred to as Cassano allo Ionio, Cosenza), and my Mom's parents were from Stigliano, in Matera, Basilicata. I've been to both towns on multiple occasions, but identify more with my Calabrese side because I was blessed to spend a full 18 months there back in the '80s, before I got married.

Calabria's coastal areas are very similar to the Greek Islands. Do you speak the Greek-Bovesian dialect familiar to some Calabrians?

Mel Gibson filmed "The Passion of the Christ" around Matera. Certain areas resembled biblical times.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? [Re: pizzaboy] #625229
12/16/11 07:43 PM
12/16/11 07:43 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
I've been told the scenery in Calabria is similar to Greece, but I want to see it for myself.

My ex-gf and aunt are from Matera.......beautiful region!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull