GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 252 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,080
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,369
Posts1,059,519
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: IvyLeague] #625802
12/20/11 10:47 AM
12/20/11 10:47 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
That's the same argument I hear over and over again by people who claim the Detroit or Kansas City families are still going strong.

I'm not those people. And for 'Ndrangheta members this is actually true.

Quote:
And what about all the 'Ndrangheta busts in Italy or other parts of Europe? Did they miss out on the memo about being low key?

Making such a comparison can depend on various factors. The first and foremost is that Italian authorities have more experience with pursuing the mafia. The 'Ndrangheta has a much bigger presence in Italy and is therefore a bigger priority. So it's quite obvious that Italian authorities put more effort in prosecuting the 'Ndrangheta than in Canada. Why is it, that with so many killings and attempts going on in Montreal, there isn't a single mobster arrested in relation to these events?

Quote:
The Sicilians in Montreal were/are also involved in legitimate businesses. And I've said before that's what I think the actual Sicilian Mafia and Calabrian 'Ndrangheta clans are most involved with in North America - money laundering via legitimate businesses.

As you know, for many years, the drug trade (especially heroin, cannabis and XTC) went from Europe through Canada and the ports of Montreal into the United States. This distribtion network was set up by the Cotronis and later the [BadWord]-Caruanas and Rizzutos.

Quote:
But also one would think there would be at least some occasional criminal charges that pop up from time to time.

It does:

http://bitterqueen.typepad.com/friends_of_ours/vincenzo-demaria/

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: IvyLeague] #625803
12/20/11 10:52 AM
12/20/11 10:52 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Ah ha. That's really the issue here. How we define what we call "the Rizzutos." It seems that many have made the mistake of equating all of organized crime in Montreal with "The Rizzutos." Or thinking that everything, at least from an Italian OC perspective, falls under that umbrella there.

When the Rizzutos were on top in Montreal most if not all Italian mobsters in the larger Montreal area had to pay them a percentage. Why do you think a Calabrian like Sergio Piccirilli, who allegedly answered to Toronto, went to war with the Rizzutos?

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: Mussolini14] #625804
12/20/11 10:55 AM
12/20/11 10:55 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Mussolini14
Iirc the only mention of them in either the "6th Family" or "Mafia Inc" was that they were making agressive moves against he Rizzuto's and drove down the street that the Rizzuto's, Renda ect lived on in a 16 SUV convoy as a show of strength

It actually were 8 SUVs, according to Mafia inc. This is how exaggerations start...

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: Sonny_Black] #625810
12/20/11 11:37 AM
12/20/11 11:37 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline OP
Capo
eurodave  Offline OP
E
Capo
Canada
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Ah ha. That's really the issue here. How we define what we call "the Rizzutos." It seems that many have made the mistake of equating all of organized crime in Montreal with "The Rizzutos." Or thinking that everything, at least from an Italian OC perspective, falls under that umbrella there.

When the Rizzutos were on top in Montreal most if not all Italian mobsters in the larger Montreal area had to pay them a percentage. Why do you think a Calabrian like Sergio Piccirilli, who allegedly answered to Toronto, went to war with the Rizzutos?

Piccirilli isn`t a Calabrian himself but he does have connections to the Ontario clans and their backing. You`re right about him and other Italian-Canadian criminals having to pay the Rizzuto`s a street tax.

That`s why he went to see his Ontario associates and had their backing. This also proves Lamothes theory about the three level Rizzuto organisation which.

Piccirilli fell into the category of proven criminals who have their own interests and alliances, but ultimitely will go to whoever offers better protection and benefits.

It`s definitely an interesting relationship between the first two levels to see who can be possibly behind this mess. All indications seem to show a mixture of elements, more notably Ontario Clans, Sicilians not belonging to the Rizzuto core and Italian-Canadian criminals.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: Sonny_Black] #625850
12/20/11 02:38 PM
12/20/11 02:38 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Why is it, that with so many killings and attempts going on in Montreal, there isn't a single mobster arrested in relation to these events?

Guess what happened soon after I said it...

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: Sonny_Black] #625864
12/20/11 05:54 PM
12/20/11 05:54 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

If so, then it becomes a question of how people, including posters on these OC forums, would know much about them.

Quote:
Making such a comparison can depend on various factors. The first and foremost is that Italian authorities have more experience with pursuing the mafia. The 'Ndrangheta has a much bigger presence in Italy and is therefore a bigger priority. So it's quite obvious that Italian authorities put more effort in prosecuting the 'Ndrangheta than in Canada. Why is it, that with so many killings and attempts going on in Montreal, there isn't a single mobster arrested in relation to these events?

Spoke a little too soon. Obviously Desjardins and 4 others were just arrested. And, while it seems Canadian LE certainly takes it's time, Project Colisee showed they can deliver.

Quote:
As you know, for many years, the drug trade (especially heroin, cannabis and XTC) went from Europe through Canada and the ports of Montreal into the United States. This distribtion network was set up by the Cotronis and later the [BadWord]-Caruanas and Rizzutos.

Yes, but I think we've talked about this before and how it's no longer the case.

Quote:

Even if that were true, them paying a percentage to the Rizzutos for using their contacts to smuggle drugs or deal in certain territories doesn't necessarily make them part of the Rizzuto organization. Any more than paying Vic and Gas back in the 1980's made the operators from the Greek gambling clubs part of the Luccheses.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 12/20/11 06:03 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: Mussolini14] #625866
12/20/11 05:59 PM
12/20/11 05:59 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Ivy or Eurodave, what do you guys know about the D'amico's from Granby?

Only what everyone else has read or heard.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: IvyLeague] #625869
12/20/11 06:48 PM
12/20/11 06:48 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
If so, then it becomes a question of how people, including posters on these OC forums, would know much about them.

Because they excist as a criminal organization for more than a century. Many of the posters that claim to know much about them state the same as I do. Pizzaboy and eurodave acknowledged it themselves. I believe it was eurodave who recently stated that Calabrians have a different mentality, and he's from Calabria.

Quote:
Spoke a little too soon. Obviously Desjardins and 4 others were just arrested. And, while it seems Canadian LE certainly takes it's time, Project Colisee showed they can deliver.

That's just a coicidence. Up until today no one was arrested and prosecuted, while these killings started two years ago.

Quote:
Yes, but I think we've talked about this before and how it's no longer the case.

But this is how the Rizzutos gained their powerbase.

Quote:
Even if that were true, them paying a percentage to the Rizzutos for using their contacts to smuggle drugs or deal in certain territories doesn't necessarily make them part of the Rizzuto organization. Any more than paying Vic and Gas back in the 1980's made the operators from the Greek gambling clubs part of the Luccheses.

Fair enough, but I used it to explain the Rizzutos role in the Canadian underworld. They gained their power and influence through their criminal network, not their organization as such.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: Sonny_Black] #625913
12/21/11 03:44 AM
12/21/11 03:44 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Because they excist as a criminal organization for more than a century. Many of the posters that claim to know much about them state the same as I do. Pizzaboy and eurodave acknowledged it themselves. I believe it was eurodave who recently stated that Calabrians have a different mentality, and he's from Calabria.

How long they've been around doesn't have anything to do with it. And, frankly, neither does where somebody lives. I call that the "geography card." Meaning, over the years I've encountered several posters on different forums who play that card by claiming to have exclusive insight simply based on the fact that they live in a certain area. As if they somehow absorb information that isn't available to the rest of us by some sort of osmosis. Or maybe it's something in the local drinking water.

Now, somebody being Calabrian, or Italian in general, may give them a certain insight into the general mentality. But it doesn't necessarily mean bupkis as far as them knowing more about the local organized crime scene. With very few exceptions, and I'm talking so few you could probably count them on one hand out of all the posters that have or do post on these forums, everybody gets their information the same way - books, news articles, indictments, etc. And even the authors or journalists get most of their information from law enforcement.

In short, posters that claim to know this or that are legion. Them actually knowing something is a different story.

Quote:
Fair enough, but I used it to explain the Rizzutos role in the Canadian underworld. They gained their power and influence through their criminal network, not their organization as such.

And that's my point. If people want to talk about the larger "criminal network" the Rizzutos involved in, that's one thing. But too many, starting with the guys who wrote the books about them, talk as if they're talking about the Rizzutos alone when they're really talking more or less about the entire Montreal underworld. Which, in turn, makes many claims about the Rizzutos, as well as comparisons to LCN families in the U.S., inaccurate.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: IvyLeague] #625917
12/21/11 05:39 AM
12/21/11 05:39 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
How long they've been around doesn't have anything to do with it.

Ofcourse it does, the longer an organisation exists, the more people come to know about them.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: Sonny_Black] #625926
12/21/11 10:43 AM
12/21/11 10:43 AM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
That's the same argument I hear over and over again by people who claim the Detroit or Kansas City families are still going strong.

Quote:
And what about all the 'Ndrangheta busts in Italy or other parts of Europe? Did they miss out on the memo about being low key?

Quote:
The Sicilians in Montreal were/are also involved in legitimate businesses. And I've said before that's what I think the actual Sicilian Mafia and Calabrian 'Ndrangheta clans are most involved with in North America - money laundering via legitimate businesses.

Quote:
But also one would think there would be at least some occasional criminal charges that pop up from time to time.

It does:

http://bitterqueen.typepad.com/friends_of_ours/vincenzo-demaria/

Well I don't believe Italian authorities made any arrests after only 2 years of investigation either. Can you link us to some articles about the Italian police making Ndrengheta and Cosa Nostra attests after only 2 years of investigating?

Last edited by Mussolini14; 12/21/11 11:08 AM.
Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: Sonny_Black] #625928
12/21/11 10:49 AM
12/21/11 10:49 AM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
Iirc the only mention of them in either the "6th Family" or "Mafia Inc" was that they were making agressive moves against he Rizzuto's and drove down the street that the Rizzuto's, Renda ect lived on in a 16 SUV convoy as a show of strength

It actually were 8 SUVs, according to Mafia inc. This is how exaggerations start...

LOL, what page is that on in Mafia inc? The same chapter in which mob activity in the city of Ontario is discussed? In 6th family it says 13 Suvs and some smaller cars and I don't believe it says anything about that in Mafia Inc.

Last edited by Mussolini14; 12/21/11 10:52 AM.
Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: Mussolini14] #625940
12/21/11 12:54 PM
12/21/11 12:54 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
LOL, what page is that on in Mafia inc? The same chapter in which mob activity in the city of Ontario is discussed? In 6th family it says 13 Suvs and some smaller cars and I don't believe it says anything about that in Mafia Inc.

Both the Sixth family and Mafia inc. state it were 8 SUV's.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: Sonny_Black] #626017
12/21/11 11:07 PM
12/21/11 11:07 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario

Both the Sixth family and Mafia inc. state it were 8 SUV's.

What page? They don't mention the motorcade at all in Mafia Inc, that's a fact. This is how rumors get started Sonny, you should know better.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: eurodave] #626034
12/22/11 02:53 AM
12/22/11 02:53 AM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Ive kinda gone in and out of these Montreal threads for a while since Montagna et al; it seems like certain people just keep throwing out so many theories that, when one of them tenuously sticks or fits the mould, they feel that they can hold it up and "safely assume" that they have deduced the truth of the matter.

There's either the clinical even-handedness of the figures or the "You have no idea how sneaky these guys are :wink wink:" approach. The best posts come from the guys that can admit there needs to be more information released before they can completely form a solid opinion. The "A leads to B, and therefore confirms C because THATS WHAT IVE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG" posts are ridiculous enough in themselves.

Having said that, there's obviously a handful of guys across the board that continuously post insightful and illumininating. Like antimafia and Laurentian. Especially those guys.

(cough.)
Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #626035
12/22/11 03:37 AM
12/22/11 03:37 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica
Ive kinda gone in and out of these Montreal threads for a while since Montagna et al; it seems like certain people just keep throwing out so many theories that, when one of them tenuously sticks or fits the mould, they feel that they can hold it up and "safely assume" that they have deduced the truth of the matter.

There's either the clinical even-handedness of the figures or the "You have no idea how sneaky these guys are :wink wink:" approach. The best posts come from the guys that can admit there needs to be more information released before they can completely form a solid opinion. The "A leads to B, and therefore confirms C because THATS WHAT IVE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG" posts are ridiculous enough in themselves.

Having said that, there's obviously a handful of guys across the board that continuously post insightful and illumininating. Like antimafia and Laurentian. Especially those guys.

+1

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: eurodave] #626052
12/22/11 06:58 AM
12/22/11 06:58 AM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
^^^ I totally agree with Meathead, which is why I quit posting in the Montreal threads for now. Guys are all over the place, and hoping to eventually hit something right in the end.

Now it's a discussion as to how many fucking SUV's were in a motorcade? But please.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #626069
12/22/11 11:12 AM
12/22/11 11:12 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Isn't this what these forums are supposed to be for, Mickey? Theorizing and discussing things? Maybe we should all lay back and don't make posts at all because obviously we don't know shit...

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: carmela] #626072
12/22/11 11:32 AM
12/22/11 11:32 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
What page? They don't mention the motorcade at all in Mafia Inc, that's a fact. This is how rumors get started Sonny, you should know better.

There's really no need to act childish. I have the ebook version and latest English edition, and for me it's on page 373. I also have the ebook version of the Sixth Family's 2008 edition, which describes it on page 432. Both state it were a motorcade of eight cars. Do you also want me to quote it for you?

Originally Posted By: carmela
Now it's a discussion as to how many fucking SUV's were in a motorcade? But please.

Actually it is something of importance. A motorcade of eight cars packed with armed men is a show of force, but sixteen is CRAZY. Obviously journalists and writers thought this event was important enough to quote it several times, in books and news articles.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: carmela] #626074
12/22/11 11:45 AM
12/22/11 11:45 AM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
^^^ I totally agree with Meathead, which is why I quit posting in the Montreal threads for now. Guys are all over the place, and hoping to eventually hit something right in the end.

It is actually a big deal asking about a family who made open acts of aggression against the Rizzuto's before Vito was arrested. Surely someone of your infinite wisdom can see that , no?

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: Mussolini14] #626076
12/22/11 11:55 AM
12/22/11 11:55 AM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ

It is actually a big deal asking about a family who made open acts of aggression against the Rizzuto's before Vito was arrested. Surely someone of your infinite wisdom can see that , no?

I do understand, and I thank you for the compliment. But one of you either needs to prove it or disprove it or move on already. Watching you two bicker about numbers back and forth about this is senseless. Let's see it proven once and for all, otherwise...ya know...stfu.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: eurodave] #626080
12/22/11 12:25 PM
12/22/11 12:25 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Mussolini, I could understand that you haven't read it in the Sixth Family, because this affair is only described in the latest 2008 edition. Maybe you have the older 2005 edition.

Anyway, I will quote it for you so carmela could then share her ultimate wisdom with us:

"On December 23, Luca D'Amico and two colleages walked into the Consenza, paused for a moment and then left, with D'Amico signaling with his right hand as he walked out. A cavalcade of vehicles then puled up to collect the trio and the procession of eight SUV's and Mercedes cars accompanied the visitors away from the Sixth Family headquarters." The Sixth Family by Lee Lamothe and Adrian Humphreys.

Mafia Inc:

"When old Nick procrastinated with the money, the D'Amico's next tactic was a show of force. Nephew Luca, accompanied with Patricio D'Amico, another of Luigi's sons, and a colleague walked into the Consenza, casting hostile glances at the customers at the counter, who included Paola Renda and Rocco Sollecito. One of the visitors was armed. The trio departed within minutes, flashing signals as they reached the sidewalk. A motorcade of SUV's and Mercedes Sedans - eight vehicles in all - rolled up to the cafe door and picked them up, then cruised slowly out of the strip mall parking lot. Two hours later, Arcadi was heard ordering clan members to round up a few soldiers and watch out for trouble, because the "crazy guy", Patricio D'Amico, was still roaming the neighbourhood. Mafia Inc. by Andre Cedilot and Andre Noel.

I believe the "colleague" was Sergio Piccirilli. This event was triggered after Arcadi's men had attacked the D'Amico's houses from a helicopter (obviously a re-enactment of The Godfather III).

What's interesting about this affair, is that during this conflict one of the D'Amico's, who was hiding in a building opposite of Consenza with a rifle, was heard on tapes saying "he had Nick Rizzuto, Sr. in his sight and could hit him right now" while on the phone with Sergio Piccirilli. Piccirilli then told him to wait, because he "had to go to Toronto first".

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: Sonny_Black] #626087
12/22/11 01:33 PM
12/22/11 01:33 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
Mussolini, I could understand that you haven't read it in the Sixth Family, because this affair is only described in the latest 2008 edition. Maybe you have the older 2005 edition.

Anyway, I will quote it for you so carmela could then share her ultimate wisdom with us:

"On December 23, Luca D'Amico and two colleages walked into the Consenza, paused for a moment and then left, with D'Amico signaling with his right hand as he walked out. A cavalcade of vehicles then puled up to collect the trio and the procession of eight SUV's and Mercedes cars accompanied the visitors away from the Sixth Family headquarters." The Sixth Family by Lee Lamothe and Adrian Humphreys.

Mafia Inc:

"When old Nick procrastinated with the money, the D'Amico's next tactic was a show of force. Nephew Luca, accompanied with Patricio D'Amico, another of Luigi's sons, and a colleague walked into the Consenza, casting hostile glances at the customers at the counter, who included Paola Renda and Rocco Sollecito. One of the visitors was armed. The trio departed within minutes, flashing signals as they reached the sidewalk. A motorcade of SUV's and Mercedes Sedans - eight vehicles in all - rolled up to the cafe door and picked them up, then cruised slowly out of the strip mall parking lot. Two hours later, Arcadi was heard ordering clan members to round up a few soldiers and watch out for trouble, because the "crazy guy", Patricio D'Amico, was still roaming the neighbourhood. Mafia Inc. by Andre Cedilot and Andre Noel.

I believe the "colleague" was Sergio Piccirilli. This event was triggered after Arcadi's men had attacked the D'Amico's houses from a helicopter (obviously a re-enactment of The Godfather III).

What's interesting about this affair, is that during this conflict one of the D'Amico's, who was hiding in a building opposite of Consenza with a rifle, was heard on tapes saying "he had Nick Rizzuto, Sr. in his sight and could hit him right now" while on the phone with Sergio Piccirilli. Piccirilli then told him to wait, because he "had to go to Toronto first".

I heard something like that in Mafia Inc but I thought it was the Violi's or Montanga's men they heard on tapes saying that.

Interesting stuff Sonny, thanks for sharing and I stand corrected.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: carmela] #626088
12/22/11 01:37 PM
12/22/11 01:37 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Actually, I had no opinion on this topic. I never read Mafia Inc, 6th Family or any other mafia book. And I have no idea how many were part of the motorcade or what they drove.
I was just saying somebody should prove it or disprove it already.

The Great Oz has spoken..spoken..spoken....

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: eurodave] #626089
12/22/11 01:44 PM
12/22/11 01:44 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
i wonder who planned all the other murders (rizzuto jr and sr, cun trera, renda etc.)
if it was a cohalition between montagna and desjardins groups or only one planned that
montagna tried to kill desjardins first so i suppose its group felt strong enough
montagna was killed but his group it almost killed desjardins and probably killed pietrantonio (i think he was on desjardins side) andseveral members of the rival groups were caught now

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: m2w] #626100
12/22/11 03:35 PM
12/22/11 03:35 PM
Mooney Offline
Capo
Mooney  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: m2w
i wonder who planned all the other murders (rizzuto jr and sr, cun trera, renda etc.)
if it was a cohalition between montagna and desjardins groups or only one planned that
montagna tried to kill desjardins first so i suppose its group felt strong enough
montagna was killed but his group it almost killed desjardins and probably killed pietrantonio (i think he was on desjardins side) andseveral members of the rival groups were caught now

Sources are saying that rizzuto Jrs murder has nothing to do with current succesion of killings. It had to do with an isolated business dispute with another businessman with underworld conections. whether or not it gave some people ideas to go to war is another story. My thought is with the killing of rizzuto jr and the arrival of montagna people saw an opening. Motagna then got to big for his britches and was taken out.

"Thank God for the American Jury System" - Nicky Scarfo
Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: Mussolini14] #626102
12/22/11 03:39 PM
12/22/11 03:39 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Interesting stuff Sonny, thanks for sharing and I stand corrected.

It wasn't really meant to correct you, Mussolini. I'm aware you said it unwittingly. I was only trying to prevent something to be blown out of proportions. I you state if were 16 SUVs, someone will read and before you know it someone else later states it were 32 SUVs. And when one reads that, they will probably think "OMG these guys are more powerful than Lucky Luciano ever was". Sixth Family redux.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: eurodave] #626103
12/22/11 03:43 PM
12/22/11 03:43 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
i doubt the murder of rizzuto jr has nothing to do with the other killings, it seems strongly related... i doubt tony magi or everyone killed the son of a boss just for a debt, i think it was a message that the rizzuto reigns was over, probably somebody didn't listen and they killed nick sr [BadWord] rera and the others
what i wonder is who planned all the murders, montagna and desjardins togheter or a group only
desjardins was an ally of rizzuto in the past so i bet montagna groups carried all the previous killing, probably zips coming from ny

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: m2w] #626138
12/22/11 07:52 PM
12/22/11 07:52 PM
Toronto
M
Mick2010 Offline
Button
Mick2010  Offline
M
Button
Toronto
Originally Posted By: m2w

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actualites/que...51_article_POS1

according to that article (written by Andre Noel, co-author of Mafia Inc.), Pietrantonio was close to Montagna. The translation isnt perfect, but I tried 2:

Quote:
The October 24 Lorenzo LoPresti, 40 years, went out on the balcony of his apartment in St. Lawrence to smoke a cigarette when several shots rang. It has collapsed, death. It was the right arm of Antonio Pietrantonio, said Tony Suzuki, 48 years, a drug trafficker close to Salvatore MONTAGNA.

Quote:
On October 24, Lorenzo LoPresti, 40, came out on the balcony of his apartment in Saint-Laurent for a cigarette when several shots rang out. He collapsed and died. It was the right hand of Antonio Pietrantonio said Tony Suzuki, 48, a drug dealer near Salvatore Montagna.

To me, it makes sense that Lopresti, Pietrantonio and Sal would be on the same side, given some of the info from other articles. I.e. "Pietrantonio might have known his life was in danger after someone killed Lorenzo (Larry) LoPresti, 40, in St. Laurent, Que., on Oct. 25. Police sources repeated Wednesday that Lopresti appeared to have been acting as Pietrantonio’s right-hand man when he was killed." or "Montagna’s murder follows the slaying of one his supporters, Lorenzo LoPresti, A source said the murder of LoPresti — whose father Giuseppe was killed in a still unsolved mob hit in 1992 — was a message to Montagna."

I could be wrong, but everything in the papers seems to indicate those 3 were on the same side.

Last edited by Mick2010; 12/22/11 08:37 PM.
Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night [Re: eurodave] #626144
12/22/11 08:34 PM
12/22/11 08:34 PM
Toronto
M
Mick2010 Offline
Button
Mick2010  Offline
M
Button
Toronto
just came across this article, which mentions that the police have warned Domenico Arcuri last week. Also has some good info on Vittorio Mirarchi.

http://fr.canoe.ca/infos/societe/archives/2011/12/20111221-062501.html

Also found this one from Andre Noel, which has this at the bottom, again translated:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actualites/que...a-italienne.php

Quote:
After a period of uncertainty, Desjardins joined forces with four men to run the Mafia: Joe Di Maulo (his brother), Domenico Arcuri (from carbon neutral), Salvatore Montagna (who had been extradited from the United States) and Vittorio Mirarchi (rich businessman Sainte-Adèle). This unit was quickly shattered with one hand and the Sicilians Arcuri Montagna, and the other Desjardins and Di Calabria Maulo and Arcuri.

Obviously its a mistake that he wrote Arcuri on both sides. Probably was supposed to be Mirarchi with Di Maulo and Desjardins, especially given that Mirarchi was arrested with Desjardins.

Last edited by Mick2010; 12/22/11 11:39 PM.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull