GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 75 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,823
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #624630
12/13/11 06:00 PM
12/13/11 06:00 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
I don't think the 'Ndrangheta is as powerful as Cosa Nostra was at its height, when it practically controlled the state at one point. But the 'Ndrangheta surely looks more sophisticated than their Sicilian counterparts and for that reason alone their endurance will be better.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #624632
12/13/11 06:01 PM
12/13/11 06:01 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
the whole actual gambino's and bonanno's administrations are formed by zips, so yeah they are in zips hands
nobody knows surely the actual genovese head it could be the zip de vita
ndrangheta is a little stronger than cosa nostra in europe and australia not worldwide, cosa nostra is far stronger in the US, canada, south america, africa... so i think cosa nostra is still stronger worldwide
italian sources claiming ndrangheta is the strongest group are usually calabrian prosecutor... anyway yes it's probably stronger in europe now but it doesn't control 80% of cocaine like somebody claims it's impossible it leaves 20% for sicilians, napolitans, turkish, russians it's a total joke like the stupid claim albanians control 80% of heroin leaving 20% to turkish lol

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Sonny_Black] #624633
12/13/11 06:03 PM
12/13/11 06:03 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
I don't think the 'Ndrangheta is as powerful as Cosa Nostra was at its height, when it practically controlled the state at one point. But the 'Ndrangheta surely looks more sophisticated than their Sicilian counterparts and for that reason alone their endurance will be better.

Exactly, Sonny.

Evolve or become extinct.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Sonny_Black] #624634
12/13/11 06:05 PM
12/13/11 06:05 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada

And culturally they are far more subtle and low-key.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #624635
12/13/11 06:06 PM
12/13/11 06:06 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
you forget that berlusconi is much closer to cosa nostra than any mafia, cosa nostra has still the highest political connections at national level

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: pizzaboy] #624636
12/13/11 06:14 PM
12/13/11 06:14 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Exactly, Sonny.

Evolve or become extinct.

I think the 'Ndrangheta's main goal is to eventually become a legitimate enterprise; many of them are already more businessmen than gangsters and have investments in legitimate businesses (realised by the laundering of their enormous profits from drug trafficking).

The Corleone family from The Godfather has actually far more to do with the Calabrian 'Ndrangheta than the Sicilian Mafia. If Puzo had chosen to make them a Calabrian family and placed them in Canada The Godfather would have instantly been a very realistic film.

Capeci and others would have used The Godfather as a reference for realism instead of Goodfellas. wink

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Sonny_Black] #624638
12/13/11 06:19 PM
12/13/11 06:19 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
The Corleone family from The Godfather has actually far more to do with the Calabrian 'Ndrangheta than the Sicilian Mafia. If Puzo had chosen to make them a Calabrian family and placed them in Canada The Godfather would have instantly been a very realistic film.

I'll buy that. But as far as real life American mob families go, the Corleones were far more mythic.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: pizzaboy] #624639
12/13/11 06:25 PM
12/13/11 06:25 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss

I'll buy that. But as far as real life American mob families go, the Corleones were far more mythic.

You would know that better than I do. Still, I think things could have happened like it did in The Godfather.

Maybe something for a new topic in the section above? wink

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #624641
12/13/11 06:28 PM
12/13/11 06:28 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
the ndrangheta can't become a legitimate enterprise, they are involved in drugs and weapons extortion rackets and so...
in italy no crime family really becomes legitimate although involved in sophisticated business
sicilian mafia is involved in that too and several bosses are businessman, cosa nostra controls virtually the whole sicilian economy and it has legit interests all across italy

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Sonny_Black] #624644
12/13/11 06:30 PM
12/13/11 06:30 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
You would know that better than I do. Still, I think things could have happened like it did in The Godfather.

Sure, it had its moments.

To me, the most spot-on part of the movie was when Carlo got smacked around by Sonny. That could easily happen in real life, and they filmed it right on Pleasant Avenue in East Harlem, about a block away from where my grandparents lived when they first came to this country.

You can't put a price on realism like that smile wink.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: pizzaboy] #624649
12/13/11 06:37 PM
12/13/11 06:37 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss

Sure, it had its moments.

To me, the most spot-on part of the movie was when Carlo got smacked around by Sonny. That could easily happen in real life, and they filmed it right on Pleasant Avenue in East Harlem, about a block away from where my grandparents lived when they first came to this country.

You can't put a price on realism like that smile wink.

All those small things were certainly realistic. But a son who succeeds as Don of the most powerful mafia family during their height in the 1950s and managed to stay on top for 30 or so years before leaving the family in the hands of his bastard cousin?

"Difficult, almost impossible" wink

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: m2w] #624701
12/14/11 04:07 AM
12/14/11 04:07 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: m2w
the whole actual gambino's and bonanno's administrations are formed by zips, so yeah they are in zips hands

That's news to me.

In the Gambino family, Cefalu is from the "Sicilian wing" but he has been in the U.S. for decades and was made into the Gambino family in 1990. Squitieri and Vernace aren't part of the Sicilian faction.

In the Bonanno family, Badalamenti is also a local guy. As is Graziano (if he's still consigliere). And even Montagna only lived in Sicily briefly before coming to the U.S. as a kid, later getting made into the Bonanno family in 1989.

For all the talk over the years about the zips taking over the local families, there hasn't been much evidence of it. Like I said, a handful have risen high up but that's it. In fact, you can probably count them on one hand - Sal Catalano and Sal Montagna for the Bonannos. John Gambino and Dom Cefalu for the Gambinos. Frank Guarraci in Jersey. Stanfa in Philadelphia.

Quote:
nobody knows surely the actual genovese head it could be the zip de vita

Are you talking about Genovese Jersey capo Silvio Devita? The latest reports, for what they're worth, have the top guys as Mangano, Bellomo, Muscarello, and Dentico. All local guys.

Quote:
ndrangheta is a little stronger than cosa nostra in europe and australia not worldwide, cosa nostra is far stronger in the US, canada, south america, africa... so i think cosa nostra is still stronger worldwide

I agree that Cosa Nostra has a bigger presence in the U.S. And it may still have in Canada although that could be changing. The 'Ndrangheta has just as strong, if not stronger, presence in South America now; including better drug connections. The 'Ndrangheta is certainly bigger in Australia. In Africa it's probably a toss up. But most importantly, the 'Ndrangheta is stronger in Italy and in Europe as a whole.

Quote:
italian sources claiming ndrangheta is the strongest group are usually calabrian prosecutor... anyway yes it's probably stronger in europe now but it doesn't control 80% of cocaine like somebody claims it's impossible it leaves 20% for sicilians, napolitans, turkish, russians it's a total joke like the stupid claim albanians control 80% of heroin leaving 20% to turkish lol

Even without getting caught up in exact percentages, it's obvious the 'Ndrangheta has taken the dominant role in the drug trade as far as Italian OC is considered. While the Sicilians have been marginalized compared to where they were in the past. During Provenzano's reign, there were a lot of reports how the Cosa Nostra in Sicily began to focus more on local rackets such as public works contracts, extortion, etc.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: m2w] #624702
12/14/11 04:09 AM
12/14/11 04:09 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

the ndrangheta can't become a legitimate enterprise, they are involved in drugs and weapons extortion rackets and so...
in italy no crime family really becomes legitimate although involved in sophisticated business
sicilian mafia is involved in that too and several bosses are businessman, cosa nostra controls virtually the whole sicilian economy and it has legit interests all across italy

Huh? Not to keep harping on you, m2w, but I don't know where you're getting this. The 'Ndrangheta, like the Cosa Nostra and Camorra, is heavily involved in legitimate sectors of the economy. They have to have somewhere to invest their money from drugs, extortion, weapons trafficking, etc.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: m2w] #624772
12/14/11 02:36 PM
12/14/11 02:36 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
the genovese's are mostly sicilians... not zips but people of sicilian descent like bellomo, mangano, dentico, de vita, muscarella and all the actual top dogs have sicilian origins
it was formed by sicilians (piddu morello)
yeah it was named after vito genovese who was napolitan but the hard-core remain sicilian and like i said de vita could took over since the zips run the commission now...
lol yes cosa nostra is maybe a shadow of its former-self but it's enough to be stronger than camorra and maybe even ndrangheta
1000 informants where? according italian police they were 300 250 from camorra and and 150 from ndrangheta
you forgot that the pressure of goverment in the 90s against sicilians were huge, i bet what would be left of camorra and ndrangheta under that kind of pressure...

Whether or not Morello started the Genovese Family is up to debate, I guess.
But lke I mentioned in an earlier post, Morello and a very small number of his previous followers joined the Masseria Mafia group in the early 1920s.
During that time, Masseria was very successful in merging with mainland Italians, creating a powerful Mafia Family.
When Lucky Luciano took over in 1931, close to only Lucky (among the highranking members in that Family), was of Sicilian descent. Even in the early 1960s, the Luciano Family (now the Genovese Family) was dominated by Neopolitans and Calabreses.

Let´s take a look at the top members heritage in the early 1960s.

Vito Genovese (Neopolitan),
Jerry Catena (Neopolitan),
Mike Miranda (Neopolitan),
Tommy Ryan (Neopolitan),
Tony Bender (Neopolitan),
Rocco Pellegrino (Calabrese),
Tommy Greco (Sicilian),
Richie Boiardo (Neopolitan),
Mike Coppola (Neopoltan),
Angelo (Ray the Gyp) DeCarlo (?),
Generoso Del Duca (Neopolitan),
Jimmy (Blue Eyes) Alo (Calabrese),
Tony (the Shiek) Carillo (Neopolitan),
Carmine Bove (Neopolitan),
Vicenzo (Jimmy Demino) Generoso (?),
Cosmo (Gus) Frasca (Sicilian),
Eugene Catena (Neopolitan),
Joe (Beck) Lapi (?),
Frank Costello, Genovese´s predecessor as boss, (Calabrese).

I´m not dissing your argument on current Genovese members, simply because I dont know their heritage. But as you can see, the early Genovese Family was dominated by mainland Italians.

[Linked Image]
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: IvyLeague] #624790
12/14/11 03:54 PM
12/14/11 03:54 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Quote:
That's news to me.

In the Gambino family, Cefalu is from the "Sicilian wing" but he has been in the U.S. for decades and was made into the Gambino family in 1990. Squitieri and Vernace aren't part of the Sicilian faction.

In the Bonanno family, Badalamenti is also a local guy. As is Graziano (if he's still consigliere). And even Montagna only lived in Sicily briefly before coming to the U.S. as a kid, later getting made into the Bonanno family in 1989.

For all the talk over the years about the zips taking over the local families, there hasn't been much evidence of it. Like I said, a handful have risen high up but that's it. In fact, you can probably count them on one hand - Sal Catalano and Sal Montagna for the Bonannos. John Gambino and Dom Cefalu for the Gambinos. Frank Guarraci in Jersey. Stanfa in Philadelphia.

ok, listen carefully
gambino actual top dogs: john gambino, joe gambino, frank cali, dom cefalu all zips
bonanno top dogs: sal catalano, vinny tv, vito grimaldi, vinny asaro all zips
genovese family: reputed top dog silvio de vita zip
decavalcante top dog: francesco guarraci zip

Quote:

Are you talking about Genovese Jersey capo Silvio Devita? The latest reports, for what they're worth, have the top guys as Mangano, Bellomo, Muscarello, and Dentico. All local guys.

yeah i'm talking about him, these reports are old... i suppose he is the top dog know since the zips want it

Quote:

I agree that Cosa Nostra has a bigger presence in the U.S. And it may still have in Canada although that could be changing. The 'Ndrangheta has just as strong, if not stronger, presence in South America now; including better drug connections. The 'Ndrangheta is certainly bigger in Australia. In Africa it's probably a toss up. But most importantly, the 'Ndrangheta is stronger in Italy and in Europe as a whole.

cosa nostra is by far stronger than ndrangheta in Us and Canada, it's stronger in south america (the badalamenti's visrtually control half brazil)and africa (don vito virtually control half south africa)... the ndrangheta is stronger in europe as a whole ok but cosa nostra is stronger worldwide too me

Quote:
Even without getting caught up in exact percentages, it's obvious the 'Ndrangheta has taken the dominant role in the drug trade as far as Italian OC is considered. While the Sicilians have been marginalized compared to where they were in the past. During Provenzano's reign, there were a lot of reports how the Cosa Nostra in Sicily began to focus more on local rackets such as public works contracts, extortion, etc.

cosa nostra us involved in drugs too although less than ndrangheta, but you forget in italy the mafias get litterally billions (even more than drugs) from fields like public works, waste disposal and gambling where cosa nostra is more entrenched in

Quote:
Huh? Not to keep harping on you, m2w, but I don't know where you're getting this. The 'Ndrangheta, like the Cosa Nostra and Camorra, is heavily involved in legitimate sectors of the economy. They have to have somewhere to invest their money from drugs, extortion, weapons trafficking, etc.

i didn't say ndrangheta is not involved in legitimate sectors of course it is, it litterally rules the whole calabria economy... i meant that the crime family in italy never become entireli legitimate even when they are multibillionaire they remain involved in the underwold

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: HairyKnuckles] #624794
12/14/11 03:59 PM
12/14/11 03:59 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Quote:

But lke I mentioned in an earlier post, Morello and a very small number of his previous followers joined the Masseria Mafia group in the early 1920s.
During that time, Masseria was very successful in merging with mainland Italians, creating a powerful Mafia Family.
When Lucky Luciano took over in 1931, close to only Lucky (among the highranking members in that Family), was of Sicilian descent. Even in the early 1960s, the Luciano Family (now the Genovese Family) was dominated by Neopolitans and Calabreses.

Tommy Ryan (Neopolitan),
Tommy Greco (Sicilian),
Joe (Beck) Lapi (?),

I´m not dissing your argument on current Genovese members, simply because I dont know their heritage. But as you can see, the early Genovese Family was dominated by mainland Italians.

honestly, don't proof lying to me i know far more than you in this field
the so called genovese family was formed by sicilians, vito genovese was the boss only for a couple of years since the real boss was lucky luciano until he died in 1962 although little know about this fact...
anyway you are wrong about several of this guys since jerry and eugene catena mike miranda cosimo frasca vinny generoso joe lapi and angelo de carlo are sicilians

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: m2w] #624800
12/14/11 04:20 PM
12/14/11 04:20 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Quote:

Tommy Ryan (Neopolitan),
Tommy Greco (Sicilian),
Joe (Beck) Lapi (?),

honestly, don't proof lying to me i know far more than you in this field
the so called genovese family was formed by sicilians, vito genovese was the boss only for a couple of years since the real boss was lucky luciano until he died in 1962 although little know about this fact...
anyway you are wrong about several of this guys since jerry and eugene catena mike miranda cosimo frasca vinny generoso joe lapi and angelo de carlo are sicilians

Nope, Catena´s origin has been traced back to the town of Salerno, Mike Miranda was born in the province of Naples.
And since I don´t know Generoso´s, Lapi´s and DeCarlos heritage, maybe you´d be so kind to help me out?
What are these guys towns of origin?

[Linked Image]
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #624834
12/14/11 06:09 PM
12/14/11 06:09 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
sorry pal, jerry catena is sicilian even according to wiretaps of that time
show a me source (credible) that i'm wrong or just shut up

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: m2w] #624835
12/14/11 06:10 PM
12/14/11 06:10 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Come on, guys rolleyes.

Just friggin agree to disagree.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #624836
12/14/11 06:12 PM
12/14/11 06:12 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
the principal headquarter of the genovese's in east harlem was an heavy sicilian enclaves at that time

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: m2w] #624837
12/14/11 06:13 PM
12/14/11 06:13 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
the principal headquarter of the genovese's in east harlem was an heavy sicilian enclaves at that time

I don't even want to get in this, but East Harlem was an enclave for ALL Italians. Period. And the neighborhood is nearly 100 percent Spanish today.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #624839
12/14/11 06:17 PM
12/14/11 06:17 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
i'm talking of eastharlem of the past not today, in the past was almost 100% italian and among italians sicilians were over 60% in that place

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: m2w] #624840
12/14/11 06:20 PM
12/14/11 06:20 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
i'm talking of eastharlem of the past not today, in the past was almost 100% italian and among italians sicilians were over 60% in that place

who cares?........it's not 1952 anymore.

Last edited by eurodave; 12/14/11 06:22 PM.
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: pizzaboy] #624842
12/14/11 06:25 PM
12/14/11 06:25 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Come on, guys rolleyes.

Just friggin agree to disagree.

Agreed, this is not only a useless discussion, but also in the wrong topic.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #624843
12/14/11 06:27 PM
12/14/11 06:27 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
the today eastharlem/bronx crew from all the recent acting bosses are is entirely of sicilian descent

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: m2w] #624858
12/14/11 07:32 PM
12/14/11 07:32 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
sorry pal, jerry catena is sicilian even according to wiretaps of that time
show a me source (credible) that i'm wrong or just shut up

Wait, wait, wait...
If a kid claims that Lucky Luciano was boss until 1962, the kid is obviuosly misguided.
He needs to read some books. And learn how to show proper respect in here.
I took upon the task to give the kid some advice. I´ve been researching the US Mafia for close to 30 years. I certainly don´t need to be disrespected like that.

Sonny, how many threads in here starts and ends with the same topic?

[Linked Image]
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #624863
12/14/11 08:49 PM
12/14/11 08:49 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
i'm still waiting your sources that claimcatena was napolitan
ah yes michael coppola was sicilian too

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #624865
12/14/11 09:23 PM
12/14/11 09:23 PM
Mooney Offline
Capo
Mooney  Offline
Capo
sorry to perpetuate this any longer but where the hell do you get the idea that Luciano was boss till 1962? he had been well out of that position by 1962.

"Thank God for the American Jury System" - Nicky Scarfo
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: m2w] #624897
12/15/11 03:56 AM
12/15/11 03:56 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

ok, listen carefully
gambino actual top dogs: john gambino, joe gambino, frank cali, dom cefalu all zips
bonanno top dogs: sal catalano, vinny tv, vito grimaldi, vinny asaro all zips
genovese family: reputed top dog silvio de vita zip
decavalcante top dog: francesco guarraci zip

Oh, I see. I thought we were going off known and demonstrable facts rather than just assumptions that support certain theories. My mistake.

Quote:
yeah i'm talking about him, these reports are old... i suppose he is the top dog know since the zips want it

You "suppose," huh?

Quote:
cosa nostra is by far stronger than ndrangheta in Us and Canada, it's stronger in south america (the badalamenti's visrtually control half brazil)and africa (don vito virtually control half south africa)... the ndrangheta is stronger in europe as a whole ok but cosa nostra is stronger worldwide too me

Half of Brazil and South Africa? OK.

Quote:
cosa nostra us involved in drugs too although less than ndrangheta, but you forget in italy the mafias get litterally billions (even more than drugs) from fields like public works, waste disposal and gambling where cosa nostra is more entrenched in

Cosa Nostra makes more money from public works contracts than drugs because it's been marginalized in the drug trade. But drugs are a more lucrative business.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: IvyLeague] #624933
12/15/11 10:56 AM
12/15/11 10:56 AM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Quote:
Oh, I see. I thought we were going off known and demonstrable facts rather than just assumptions that support certain theories. My mistake.

i'm absolutely right about gambino's and bonanno's, i suppose about genovese's but since the zips run the actual commission is very plausible de vita is the boss now

Quote:
Half of Brazil and South Africa? OK.

when i said 'half' i meant they are the richest men in both countries, they run multibillionairte empires and they are close to the president of that countries

Quote:
Cosa Nostra makes more money from public works contracts than drugs because it's been marginalized in the drug trade. But drugs are a more lucrative business.

forget somebody marginalized cosa nostra, nobody could, it was forced by the government because too much under pressure not because ndrangheta or somebody took over... but today it's back in this field and it control a large part of it, although drugs today is a business for losers since public works, waste disposal are multibillionaire business yes even bigger than drug trade

[/quote]

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull