GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 360 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,594
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,066
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,366
Posts1,059,459
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: IvyLeague] #616799
10/07/11 10:32 PM
10/07/11 10:32 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Habitually I refer to the Patriarcas as the New England family. But, in reality now, it would be more correct to call them the Boston/Providence family since they've had very little activity in Connecticut over the past decade. Depending on the damage done, DeLuca's cooperation could possibly decimate the Providence faction. Rossetti's impact on the Boston faction would be less because it's bigger. With the recent busts in both the Patriarca and Bruno families, it wouldn't be surprising to see them shortly become what the DeCavalcantes appear to be - bordering on non-viability.

Yeah... the Patriarcas will still be around, but in the same way that Kansas City is still around. Maybe not quite that bad.

This has happened before with the Scarfo mob when Tommy Del and Leonetti, a captain and an underboss, flipped. It was pretty much a wipeout. Sure the family was still around afterwards, but it was very diminished and never really recovered. All you had left were old Bruno soldiers, complete morons like the Stanfa-ites, and the young relatives of convicted Scarfo underlings.

Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: vinnygorgeous217] #616809
10/08/11 12:57 AM
10/08/11 12:57 AM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
If this will be true...I wonder how will NYC react?

The Genoveses have a crew in Springfield and one in CT.
Even if is almost gone after Arrillotta and Tranghese flipped, there are still some guys around.

The Gambinos have a crew in CT as well.

Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: Ivan] #616817
10/08/11 03:22 AM
10/08/11 03:22 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Ivan
Yeah... the Patriarcas will still be around, but in the same way that Kansas City is still around. Maybe not quite that bad.

Sooner or later, the Patriarca and Bruno families will be like how the Buffalo or Detroit families are now. Not quite as bad as Kansas City.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: LuanKuci] #616818
10/08/11 03:28 AM
10/08/11 03:28 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: LuanKuci
If this will be true...I wonder how will NYC react?

The Genoveses have a crew in Springfield and one in CT.
Even if is almost gone after Arrillotta and Tranghese flipped, there are still some guys around.

The Gambinos have a crew in CT as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Genovese Springfield crew is decimated. Every known guy up there is either dead or in prison. The fact that they made a guy like Arillotta suggests it was slim pickings up there as far as manpower. People say, "There will always be gambling, etc. in Springfield." Well there's gambling in Arkansas too but the mob isn't there. It's a question of the family having the resources to move in again and if it's worth it at this point.

I'm also not sure the Genovese family has a standing crew in Connecticut. The only activity involving them in the state over the past decade was Ianniello controlling the trash business through James Galante. But, of course, Ianniello is based in NY.

The Gambino's still have a presence there but it also appears to be on the downswing. As time goes by, the radius of the mob's geographic influence becomes smaller.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: IvyLeague] #616824
10/08/11 05:17 AM
10/08/11 05:17 AM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
Sooner or later, the Patriarca and Bruno families will be like how the Buffalo or Detroit families are now.

What's your prediction?
10-15 years?
With no major busts...

Not quite as bad as Kansas City.

After all, you gotta give'em credit...they're kinda cute wink

Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: IvyLeague] #616827
10/08/11 06:54 AM
10/08/11 06:54 AM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA

Sooner or later, the Patriarca and Bruno families will be like how the Buffalo or Detroit families are now. Not quite as bad as Kansas City.

Detroit has more men than KC?

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: Nicholas] #616846
10/08/11 03:28 PM
10/08/11 03:28 PM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Nicholas
Detroit has more men than KC?

Of course, and they make a significant amount of cash.

KC is right at the bottom.

Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: IvyLeague] #616864
10/08/11 07:51 PM
10/08/11 07:51 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss

I think it will happen to the Patriarcas first, given that there always seems to be some kid in Philadelphia who pops up to fill any voids. The family is relatively youthful. The Patriarcas don't seem to have that so much.

Then again, maybe not, because even if the youthfulness factor is still around for Philadelphia wannabes, the attrition of talent will still be there.

Bear in mind that "kid" and "youthful" in the American Cosa Nostra context means "under 50". lol

It's possible with the double whammy of Rosetti and DeLuca flipping, the Patriarcas might end up being in even worse shape than Detroit and Buffalo. It might be a total wipeout. But there might be associates and lesser known soldiers that can fill the void. We'll see. <grabs popcorn>

By the way, who wants to be that there will be a domino effect of people flipping after Rosetti and DeLuca?

Last edited by Ivan; 10/08/11 07:54 PM.
Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: vinnygorgeous217] #616869
10/08/11 09:03 PM
10/08/11 09:03 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
there is nothing left of any viable family/activity in buffalo

i have been going to school in the area for the past 5 years or so and there are barely if any italians around and the todaros are for the most part old as dirt, i know cause ive been to their pizzeria and seen them

buffalo is a HIGHLY depressed area with all kinds of flight (economic, business, brain drain, etc)

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: Dapper_Don] #616870
10/08/11 09:12 PM
10/08/11 09:12 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
i know cause ive been to their pizzeria and seen them

I've done the same thing but I only met Todaro Jr. His pizza business is so successful that he'd have to be crazy to bother with mob stuff anymore.

Quote:
buffalo is a HIGHLY depressed area with all kinds of flight (economic, business, brain drain, etc)

He was one of the very few whites I saw in the town, come to think of it. The neighborhood around La Nova seemed kinda run down when I was there.

Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: Ivan] #616876
10/08/11 10:12 PM
10/08/11 10:12 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
i know cause ive been to their pizzeria and seen them

I've done the same thing but I only met Todaro Jr. His pizza business is so successful that he'd have to be crazy to bother with mob stuff anymore.

Quote:

He was one of the very few whites I saw in the town, come to think of it. The neighborhood around La Nova seemed kinda run down when I was there.

yeah a while back their pizzeria was ranked the most successful/profitable independent pizzeria in the USA, ive heard stories of guys who are millionaires paying tons of money to have their pizza shipped out/flown to them

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: Nicholas] #616887
10/09/11 03:02 AM
10/09/11 03:02 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

What's your prediction?
10-15 years?
With no major busts...

What do you mean no busts?

Originally Posted By: Nicholas
[quote=IvyLeague]Detroit has more men than KC?

Yes, Detroit has a couple dozen and Kansas City has maybe half that.

It's possible with the double whammy of Rosetti and DeLuca flipping, the Patriarcas might end up being in even worse shape than Detroit and Buffalo. It might be a total wipeout. But there might be associates and lesser known soldiers that can fill the void. We'll see. <grabs popcorn>

By the time New England and Philadelphia become like Detroit and Buffalo are now, Detroit and Buffalo will be like Kansas City.

Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: IvyLeague] #616888
10/09/11 04:15 AM
10/09/11 04:15 AM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss

By the time New England and Philadelphia become like Detroit and Buffalo are now, Detroit and Buffalo will be like Kansas City.

So you don't think the two of them flipping has the potential to reduce the Patriarcas to the handful-of-soldiers-left-glorified-crew status?

Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: IvyLeague] #616889
10/09/11 04:22 AM
10/09/11 04:22 AM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
So you don't think the two of them flipping has the potential to reduce the Patriarcas to the handful-of-soldiers-left-glorified-crew status?

Really?
They would do that much damage?
I'm with you on Providence, but even Boston?

Man, who are these guys?!?

What do you mean no busts?

I mean with no MAJOR busts, few guys once in a while...you know, nothing historical.
How long do you give Philly & New England before they turn into Detroit?
And how long until Detroit turns into KC?

Oh, btw, I do consider Buffalo already a Kansas City.

Here's a question:

How can Detroit turn into KC if they keep being so low-key and not getting involved in nothing super serious besides gambling-shy-extortion and few legit biz?

I mean, the FBI managed to get rid of many of these families' members due to their involvment in racketeering, murders, bombings, violent power struggles, witness intimidation etc...

The Feds will not have enough stuff to put them away for 30 yrs like they used to (less long sentences, less rats).

Same thing with Philly.

New England had drugs involved (Rossetti) so it's different.

Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: LuanKuci] #616890
10/09/11 04:44 AM
10/09/11 04:44 AM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss

Really?
They would do that much damage?
I'm with you on Providence, but even Boston?

It's just sheer speculation on my part and I can't really comment on the situation authoritatively. Rosetti is a capo and acting consigliere, so he likely has a lot of dirt on a lot of people, and DeLuca could bring down everyone in Providence. The actual extent of they damage they inflict remains to be seen.

Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: LuanKuci] #616891
10/09/11 04:47 AM
10/09/11 04:47 AM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss

How can Detroit turn into KC if they keep being so low-key and not getting involved in nothing super serious besides gambling-shy-extortion and few legit biz?

Generational attrition. There's not too many wannabe young Italians in the Detroit metro that could replenish the ranks. It WILL fade away eventually. It's only a matter of time.

Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: Ivan] #616894
10/09/11 05:50 AM
10/09/11 05:50 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

A "handful-of-soldiers-left-glorified-crew" would be like Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Tampa, or LA. So, no, not quite. They could definitely do a lot of damage though, particularly if they cause others to flip.

Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: vinnygorgeous217] #616895
10/09/11 06:51 AM
10/09/11 06:51 AM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Will Limone go down? Was he just way too close to these two guys to escape unscathed? It doesn't seem likely. In fact, with DeLuca on the stand, it seems a foregone conclusion.

Any thoughts on likely contenders for a defacto "up" now that this administration is basically done?

(cough.)
Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: vinnygorgeous217] #617380
10/12/11 10:10 PM
10/12/11 10:10 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
so apparently a poster over in real deal who is in the "know" said that its official deluca is a rat and is is wpp, apparently he was wired for sound for a while, the next wave of indictments will target the mass/boston faction

they also talk about some guy called joseph ruggiero who might emerge in a leadership position in the aftermath

Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: vinnygorgeous217] #617392
10/13/11 02:59 AM
10/13/11 02:59 AM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Yeah I saw that. Funnily enough there's a few differing opinions on the guy who supposedly went to Italy with Baby Shanks in '09, Joe Ruggiero. Opinion's ranging from force to brokester.

But yeah, DeLuca seems all but officially official at this point. The Feds have got some "made guys" set to testify.

One thing Ive wondered about the Federico, Quintana, Tortara and DeLuca induction ceremony. Being that it was literally completely captured by the Feds, a pretty major coup against LCN in general, what was the status of this ceremony in later years? I seem to remember reading it was considered null and void in some circles, is that right? Did these guys ever have to get "remade", as it were?

(cough.)
Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: vinnygorgeous217] #617393
10/13/11 03:00 AM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
In fact the whole things kinda familiar. Ill have to hack through some archives. ohwell

(cough.)
Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: Dapper_Don] #617394
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
so apparently a poster over in real deal who is in the "know" said that its official deluca is a rat and is is wpp, apparently he was wired for sound for a while, the next wave of indictments will target the mass/boston faction

they also talk about some guy called joseph ruggiero who might emerge in a leadership position in the aftermath

Joseph Ruggerio...any more info on this guy?

Thanks for the post Dapper

Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #617395
10/13/11 03:19 AM
10/13/11 03:19 AM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

One thing Ive wondered about the Federico, Quintana, Tortara and DeLuca induction ceremony. Being that it was literally completely captured by the Feds, a pretty major coup against LCN in general, what was the status of this ceremony in later years? I seem to remember reading it was considered null and void in some circles, is that right? Did these guys ever have to get "remade", as it were?

I think you might be thinking of the George Fresolone induction ceremony; that was nullified. I haven't heard anything about the NE recorded ceremony being nullified.

Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: vinnygorgeous217] #617398
10/13/11 03:42 AM
10/13/11 03:42 AM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
Check Shawn D. Vetere account on FB.

Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: vinnygorgeous217] #617401
10/13/11 05:09 AM
10/13/11 05:09 AM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Thanks Ivan. Maybe I did get the idea mixed up.

Ruggiero has a varying rep according to some micro/local opinions, but in the macro he's linked to Baby Shanks and WPRI identifies him as a memebr of NELCN. This is taken from the page;

“[G]overnment records confirm that he traveled to Italy for a week in July 2009 with [New England La Cosa Nostra] member Joseph Ruggiero, flying on [airline] Alitalia on July 17 and returning on July 24,” Lawson wrote. “According to an FBI confidential source, the purpose for this trip was for Manocchio to purchase property in Italy.”

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/target_12/inside_mafia/manocchio-bail-revised

A great chart made by a poster on Real Deal called Arm which has turned up here at different stages identifies him as an active soldier, aged 62 (at the time the chart was compiled, at least) It doesn't identify his crew affiliations, but considering his links to Manocchio, it would seem he was originally linked to the Providence factions and was later made under them.

While some sources claim him as being pretty well off financially, as mentioned, some guys seem to disregard any real influence.

(cough.)
Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: vinnygorgeous217] #617416
10/13/11 08:59 AM
10/13/11 08:59 AM
M
mike68 Offline
Underboss
mike68  Offline
M
Underboss
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regiona...&position=4

Darin Bufalino Chinese food fund raiser for legal defense.....oy vey

Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: LuanKuci] #617473
10/13/11 04:26 PM
10/13/11 04:26 PM
Mooney Offline
Capo
Mooney  Offline
Capo

That the Same Vetere that was hooked up with Merlino?

"Thank God for the American Jury System" - Nicky Scarfo
Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: Mooney] #617476
10/13/11 05:15 PM
10/13/11 05:15 PM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Mooney

That the Same Vetere that was hooked up with Merlino?

Yup!
Vetere and Luisi are\were the Boston guys for Philly.
Vetere was released in 2006.
Any news if he's still active? He should, since that he's a reputed made guy.

Luisi is ejoiyng sunshine in North Eastern Idaho.
Here's a 2001 Citypaper article about him relocating to Philly.

Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: vinnygorgeous217] #617483
10/13/11 06:03 PM
10/13/11 06:03 PM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Luisi was the guy that basically paid his way into hooking uo with Philly once he knew there was no chance he'd get made in Boston.

(cough.)
Re: Mark Rossetti being an FBI informant [Re: vinnygorgeous217] #618487
10/26/11 06:50 AM
10/26/11 06:50 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
So what was the deal with Vinny 217? Who was he?

Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull