GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Mafia101), 261 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,000
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,361
Posts1,059,258
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 54 of 60 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 59 60
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #615001
09/19/11 01:56 PM
09/19/11 01:56 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
There's a potentially interesting comparison/contrast between the Sopranos and BE. We all knew that the Sopranos could end with Tony's demise because there was no history to reference. However, we do know from history about Luciano et al and the Mafia's domination of illegal gambling wherever it took place. So, it has to end up badly for Nucky one way or the other, right?

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: olivant] #615008
09/19/11 02:30 PM
09/19/11 02:30 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline OP
The Italian Stallionette  Offline OP

California
Oli,

It would seem it couldn't end well for Nucky wouldn't it? It's interesting watching the politics of that time.

Re-watching the last couple episodes of the season I was taken aback at the scene in which Nucky, angry that Margaret(?) would try to avoid pregnancy, says to her "that's not your decision to make." eek Whoa!!!!! Can you imagine that attitude going over today? lol

Btw, in that same episode there was a mention of "Ponzi" who evidently was in jail for financial fraud. Admittedly it has been only in recent politics (Rick Perry) that I've heard that name. And, this episode was made before Perry was even in the political picture or used that term. Interesting. smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #615053
09/19/11 09:06 PM
09/19/11 09:06 PM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I'm enjoying it, Tony. I've been a big fan since day one. Have you seen the season 8 episode where Larry and Rosie O'Donnell compete for the attention of a bisexual woman? It's an all timer. Absolutely priceless!

I thought this one was due up only next week but nope; just watched it and I have to agree with you, it is great. "Palestinian Chicken" is my favorite from this season though.

I also caught the Keith Hernandez episodes from Seinfeld earlier today and my lesson learned for the day is that Larry David hits a grandslam everytime he mixes comedy and baseball.

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #615065
09/19/11 11:47 PM
09/19/11 11:47 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Did anyone catch Two and a Half Men. How'd Kutcher do?

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: olivant] #615077
09/20/11 02:49 AM
09/20/11 02:49 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: olivant
However, we do know from history about Luciano et al and the Mafia's domination of illegal gambling wherever it took place. So, it has to end up badly for Nucky one way or the other, right?

Well, I've read most of the Boardwalk Empire book -- it's about Atlantic City's history, not just about Nucky. 200 pages, and just one chapter on Nucky, so yeah...how far can they really stretch it (with facts)?

But I still love it, and can't wait for the continuation!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: J Geoff] #615121
09/20/11 01:37 PM
09/20/11 01:37 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: J Geoff
However, we do know from history about Luciano et al and the Mafia's domination of illegal gambling wherever it took place. So, it has to end up badly for Nucky one way or the other, right?

Well, I've read most of the Boardwalk Empire book -- it's about Atlantic City's history, not just about Nucky. 200 pages, and just one chapter on Nucky, so yeah...how far can they really stretch it (with facts)?

But I still love it, and can't wait for the continuation!

did they already stretched the facts with the D'Alessio (based upon Lanzetta brothers)brothers being whacked? their real life counter parts were whacked i believe later on in the decade.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #615291
09/21/11 11:17 PM
09/21/11 11:17 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
In American Gangster, why didn't Cattano get arrested?

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #615413
09/23/11 05:57 AM
09/23/11 05:57 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Don't stare, Conan

All in good fun here, but I once had a co-worker that would wear things like this and then "complain" men were looking at her. rolleyes

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Lilo] #615607
09/25/11 11:43 AM
09/25/11 11:43 AM
California

California
Anyone watching any of the new season tv shows?

I don't usually watch too many comedies but tuned in to "Up All Night" the new show with Christina Applegate. It was very funny. The second episode was just so-so though. Don't know how many baby jokes you can find.

I also tuned in to a new show called "Person of Interest with Jim Caviezel (I only know of him from Passion of the Christ and Angel Eyes). I enjoyed the show and think it has potential. I will tune in next week. smile

I think Boardwalk Empire starts its new season tonight and I'll be checking that out. I just saw the repeats of the last few episodes of season one to refresh my memory, so I'm ready to see what happens.

I too look forward to tomorrows episode of Two & Half Men. I hope it continues to make me laugh. The first episode was good.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #615632
09/25/11 01:42 PM
09/25/11 01:42 PM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I actually enjoyed the Seinfeld "reunion" episode on CYE better than the actual finale. Just the few scenes that were shot were great. (...)

... Michael Richards thinking that Leon was a Black Muslim sent to hurt him for the racist remarks he made in real life a few years ago? (...)

was that scene from an earlier episode? if so, was there a string of Seinfeld-related episodes leading up to the 7th Season finale?

in the actual "Seinfeld" episode, all there is to it is right in the beginning when Larry is talking to Cheryl and he mentions that Michael's "prognosis came back negative";

...which obviously is a play on the fictional "Prognosis Negative" movie that Jerry, George and Elaine were planning to watch on the original Seinfeld. it just reminded me of those movies - "Death Blow", "Sack Lunch". so funny... and yeah, I have Seinfeld-nostalgia going on right now.

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #615636
09/25/11 02:07 PM
09/25/11 02:07 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I'm conflicted. Tonight is the BE premier, but there's also the Steelers game. So, I guess I'll be switching bake and forth. BE should repeat later tonight, right?

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: olivant] #615640
09/25/11 03:03 PM
09/25/11 03:03 PM
California

California
Oli,

Not being a sports fan that would NEVER be a dilemma for me. lol But yes, BE is rebroadcasted several times. It's on here in CA at 6:00 p.m. and again at 9:00. Also it plays on several HBO channels. Oh, and if you wait a day or two you can watch it on "On Demand" which I find comes in very handy when I miss a show or want to see it again.

Nobody else but me will care, but I also look forward to the new season (and final) of Desperate Housewives. smile

TIS

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: olivant] #615641
09/25/11 03:10 PM
09/25/11 03:10 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I'm conflicted. Tonight is the BE premier, but there's also the Steelers game. So, I guess I'll be switching bake and forth. BE should repeat later tonight, right?

Doesn't your cable system off HBO On Demand?

It's only a few bucks a month extra here with Bronx Cablevision, and it's worth every penny during the football season when some of the games run late.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #615642
09/25/11 03:35 PM
09/25/11 03:35 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I checked it out and it will be rebroadcast later after the game.

And PB, since I've never successfully weaned my kids from my pocketbook, I can't afford the luxury of On Demand. That's why I've gotten myself used to rice and beans.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: olivant] #615643
09/25/11 03:41 PM
09/25/11 03:41 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
And PB, since I've never successfully weaned my kids from my pocketbook, I can't afford the luxury of On Demand. That's why I've gotten myself used to rice and beans.

LMFAO!!!! lol lol lol lol

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #615647
09/25/11 04:14 PM
09/25/11 04:14 PM
California

California
I don't pay for On Demand. confused Of course you have to pay for HBO in order to get On-Demand, but it's not a separate fee. I have Time Warner Cable. Unless other cable providers have the same type of thing.

TIS

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #615650
09/25/11 04:42 PM
09/25/11 04:42 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Okay, I checked it out and since I have HBO I get On Demand free?

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #615652
09/25/11 04:46 PM
09/25/11 04:46 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline
Underboss
Fame  Offline
Underboss
Top o' the World
Is anyone familiar with "Durham County" ? worth watching?

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #615657
09/25/11 05:42 PM
09/25/11 05:42 PM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Btw, in that same episode there was a mention of "Ponzi" who evidently was in jail for financial fraud. Admittedly it has been only in recent politics (Rick Perry) that I've heard that name. And, this episode was made before Perry was even in the political picture or used that term. Interesting. smile

A ponzi scheme is a fraud on investors in which there's no actual investment being made by the person running the scheme. Money is taken from new investors and given directly to the earlier investors. When the pool of new investors dries up, the scheme collapses because there are no real investments generating income:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

Bernie Madoff ran a colossal ponzi scheme.

"All of these men were good listeners; patient men."
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: mustachepete] #615673
09/25/11 08:04 PM
09/25/11 08:04 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Thanks MPete. I get ticked off by people like Perry quipping about SS being a Ponzi scheme. As you point out, it is a fraud intended to be such and nothing else. And, of course, it is illegal and it is intended to benefit usually only one person or a small group of people.

It reminds me of something else I get ticked off about and that is people referring to some program or effort as a war. I was in a war. I know what war is. I resent the use of the term war to describe efforts to defeat organized crime or poverty, for example, as wars.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #615686
09/25/11 09:42 PM
09/25/11 09:42 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Anyone watching any of the new season tv shows?
TIS

TIS, if you get a chance, watch "2 Broke Girls". It was very funny. I also liked "Up All Night", but wondered what will happen once the baby gets older. How long can that last??

I have several new shows (Persons of Interest, Unforgettable) on the DVR, but haven't had a chance to watch them yet. I'm also DVRing "The Good Wife" and "CSI Miami" tonight while we watch the Yankee game. I'm back to watching "Parenthood" and "Blue Bloods" as well. And "Glee", of course!

It's so exciting when the new season starts. It's almost like seeing old friends again, isn't it??

Speaking of old friends, has anyone watched The X Factor, which reunites Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell? I haven't seen it.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #615695
09/25/11 10:05 PM
09/25/11 10:05 PM
California

California
Hi SB,

I did see Two Broke Girls and it was funny. It's always hard to tell by one episode but I'll watch it again I'm sure. I also saw "Unforgettable" last night which wasn't too bad. I liked Person of Interest better (at least by the first episode) because it seems it could go into many different directions. I tend to lean more toward dramas than comedies as a matter of my own personal taste.

Didn't see the X-Factor but heard on the radio this morning it didn't do well in ratings for what that is worth. It is surprising because I thought everyone liked Simon Cowell.

smile

TIS

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #615704
09/25/11 10:39 PM
09/25/11 10:39 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I was shocked at some of the jokes that 2 Broke Girls got away with! Very funny show, though.

I like Unforgettable's Poppy Montgomery from her old Without A Trace days, which used to be one of my favorite shows. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I've heard mixed reviews.

Did you see Big Bang Theory? It was hilarious. I read somewhere that those Kissing Machines that Howard invented actually exist, btw.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #615709
09/25/11 11:02 PM
09/25/11 11:02 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I was shocked at some of the jokes that 2 Broke Girls got away with! Very funny show, though.

I like Unforgettable's Poppy Montgomery from her old Without A Trace days, which used to be one of my favorite shows. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I've heard mixed reviews.

Did you see Big Bang Theory? It was hilarious. I read somewhere that those Kissing Machines that Howard invented actually exist, btw.

Yes, 2 Broke Girls did take me by surprise a couple times but it really was really funny. Which reminds me too, that I saw "Whitney" (another comedy) which actually a good show too. As far as the Big Bang Theory I thought it was going to be better, but I do like the show. I hadn't watched much last season because I watched something on the other channel (it switched nights and messed up my schedule) lol

TIS

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #615729
09/26/11 10:52 AM
09/26/11 10:52 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Guest star alert

Tom Sizemore is going to be on "Hawaii Five-0" tonight. It's a comeback of sorts because of all the legal and drug problems that have plagued him. The guy is obviously a friggin mess, but I always thought he had the potential to be a GREAT actor.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #615733
09/26/11 11:36 AM
09/26/11 11:36 AM
California

California
Hawaii Five-O is one of my must sees on Monday. I like Tom Sizemore too. I do hope this show is given a chance. The scenery is beautiful but the stories are good as well. It really is different than the original and I like the whole cast and O'Loughlin (McGarret) and Scott Cann's (Danno) chemistry. My brother doesn't like Cann's character, finds him annoying, but I think he adds a little humor with his sarcastic remarks to McGarret.

As much as it's different I like they kept the same characters will little alterations like Kono being female. Oh and remember "Wo Fat?" He was just that if I recall, fat. This guy is not but they kept the character as McGarret's arch enemy. Oh and remember Terry O'Quinn who just entered the cast as Steves Mentor? I only remember him from the "Stepfather" horror flicks. lol

Aloha wink

TIS

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #615734
09/26/11 11:53 AM
09/26/11 11:53 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

I haven't seen it. What caused the shock?

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #615736
09/26/11 12:17 PM
09/26/11 12:17 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Some of them were overtly sexual in nature. Given the time slot (8:30), I was surprised they got past the censors.

TIS, several years ago, my husband and I were downtown in NYC. I was trying to remember the name of a restaurant in Chinatown and kept calling it Wo Fat. My husband kept saying, "No, that's the name of the villain on Five-O!" lol (Btw, the name of the restaurant is Wo Hop)

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #615739
09/26/11 12:31 PM
09/26/11 12:31 PM
California

California
Does Mr. SB watch the show? If so what does he think? confused

Btw, just an observation, either Scott Caan is very short or O'Loughlin is really tall. Notice when they are walking together Scott's way shorter. LOL Just an observation. Is his dad (James) short as well?

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 09/26/11 12:31 PM.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #615745
09/26/11 01:18 PM
09/26/11 01:18 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Some of them were overtly sexual in nature. Given the time slot (8:30), I was surprised they got past the censors.

Well, that's not surprising. To wit: Two and a Half Men. The use of foul language and sexual innuendo has massively infected TV. It's only going to get worse.

Page 54 of 60 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 59 60

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull