GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (RushStreet, 1 invisible), 361 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,594
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,069
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,368
Posts1,059,480
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: Mukremin] #616381
10/03/11 09:42 PM
10/03/11 09:42 PM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Yeah u got to get someone who is already a member to put your name forward.

Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: Mukremin] #616386
10/04/11 01:31 AM
10/04/11 01:31 AM
Mukremin Offline OP
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline OP
Underboss
If i post this chart i am going to have to make 5-10 different versions of it, because the members there dont stand on one line. And not to mention the critisism that rules there grin
Look at what happened when i posted the New York and other crime family charts there. There is no end to the discussion afterwards smile so thank you very much.

Up to date mafia charts --> https://cosanostracharts.wordpress.com/
Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: Mukremin] #616400
10/04/11 06:09 AM
10/04/11 06:09 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
If you want, I will post it for you and say that I made it. cool

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: eurodave] #616401
10/04/11 06:10 AM
10/04/11 06:10 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: eurodave
There are various recent article in local Quebec newspapers indicating that the Montreal Mafia is now controlled by a consortium of 3-4 different factions which answer to Ontario and NYC. The articles and police believe that Organized Crime in Montreal is now controlled or largely influenced by families in Ontario and NYC.

The Di Maulos, Mucci, Gallo, Volpato, Vanelli, Cotroni's belong mainly to the old Calabrian faction but were cohorts with the Rizzutos.

Can you link me those articles?

Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: Mukremin] #616402
10/04/11 06:20 AM
10/04/11 06:20 AM
Mukremin Offline OP
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline OP
Underboss
I posted a while ago, now wait and see what happens smile

Yeah, i would like a link also. Seems interesting since you mention New York City also, do they still answer to the Bonannos through the Ironworker?

Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: Sonny_Black] #616410
10/04/11 10:20 AM
10/04/11 10:20 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
There are various recent article in local Quebec newspapers indicating that the Montreal Mafia is now controlled by a consortium of 3-4 different factions which answer to Ontario and NYC. The articles and police believe that Organized Crime in Montreal is now controlled or largely influenced by families in Ontario and NYC.

The Di Maulos, Mucci, Gallo, Volpato, Vanelli, Cotroni's belong mainly to the old Calabrian faction but were cohorts with the Rizzutos.

Can you link me those articles?

Sure, but they're in french lol

http://lejournaldemontreal.canoe.ca/jour...930-041600.html

http://www.canoe.com/sections/medias3/errfd.jpg

http://www.canoe.com/sections/medias3/eddfr.jpg

These articles seem most accurate with all the research and information that's been flowing over the last 2-3 years. To my understanding, members of the old Calabrian faction, D'Amicos, Piccirilli and other cells in the Montreal mafia went to Ontario and sought the help of established families for support, mainly the Violis-Luppinos but also the Siderno Group. Sal Montagna is also a large piece to the puzzle as he consolidated his power in Canada through working out deals with the Ndrangheta and support from the Five Families.

Remember that in 2008, Operation Reckoning nabbed hundreds of Mexican cartel members for a 14 ton cocaine bust, but 14 people were Calabrian, 8 in Calabria and 6 in New York. They are the new brokers of cocaine and most likely with the Five Families needed Montreal as an outlet for import and export.

Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: Mukremin] #616411
10/04/11 10:25 AM
10/04/11 10:25 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada

Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: eurodave] #616413
10/04/11 10:56 AM
10/04/11 10:56 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
To my understanding, members of the old Calabrian faction, D'Amicos, Piccirilli and other cells in the Montreal mafia went to Ontario and sought the help of established families for support, mainly the Violis-Luppinos but also the Siderno Group. Sal Montagna is also a large piece to the puzzle as he consolidated his power in Canada through working out deals with the Ndrangheta and support from the Five Families.

If what you're saying is true, it would be a major event to say the least. What makes me wonder is why would the Calabrian faction needed the help from outsiders when the Rizzutos where already weakened. Couldn't they have done it themselves? Or did they needed permission because Toronto and New York were still doing business with the Rizzutos?

If so, the New York and Toronto families took advantage of the situation by demaning a larger share and more influence in return for their support. It's humiliating and a sign of weakness for the once strong Montreal mafia if they are now being controlled by outsiders.

Btw, what do you know about Violi/Luppinos in Hamilton. How strong are they and how many men do they have? They seem to be very pretty mysterious.

Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: Sonny_Black] #616416
10/04/11 11:16 AM
10/04/11 11:16 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
To my understanding, members of the old Calabrian faction, D'Amicos, Piccirilli and other cells in the Montreal mafia went to Ontario and sought the help of established families for support, mainly the Violis-Luppinos but also the Siderno Group. Sal Montagna is also a large piece to the puzzle as he consolidated his power in Canada through working out deals with the Ndrangheta and support from the Five Families.

If what you're saying is true, it would be a major event to say the least. What makes me wonder is why would the Calabrian faction needed the help from outsiders when the Rizzutos where already weakened. Couldn't they have done it themselves? Or did they needed permission because Toronto and New York were still doing business with the Rizzutos?

If so, the New York and Toronto families took advantage of the situation by demaning a larger share and more influence in return for their support. It's humiliating and a sign of weakness for the once strong Montreal mafia if they are now being controlled by outsiders.

Btw, what do you know about Violi/Luppinos in Hamilton. How strong are they and how many men do they have? They seem to be very pretty mysterious.

Very valid question.

To better understand what's going on, one must travel back in time. What's true is that Italian Mafia, whether Calabrese or Sicilian, works on a global scale. NYC, Chicago, Montreal and Toronto must have and do have some sort of accords.

Before the Violis got wacked and sent off to prison, Paolo Violi had put a hit on the Rizzutos and that's why they fled to Venezuela. Before his plans to actually kill the Rizzutos, Violi had travelled to New York and Italy, seeking advice and permission. What I'm getting to is that the Rizzuto extermination is a local phenomenon, but with international implications. You can't just eliminate the Rizzuto's without getting approval or support from neighbouring mafia families.

Remember that Violi was married to Luppinos daughter and a Luppino daughter married a Commisso who holds alot of sway in the Siderno Group. Killing members of this level requires permission and planning. The article strictly points out that permission and support came out of Ontario to kill Rizzuto, part revenge, part business, part oppurtunity.

To my understanding and what the media has said is that the sons and nephews of Paolo, Rocco and Giuseppe Violi are very active in Hamilton along with the remaining Luppino, Musitanos and Papalia families. They all answer to the Board of Control, which settles disputes between Calabrians in Ontario. People lump up the Calabrians into one big group when in reality you have the pure Ndrangheta families from Siderno and the Ionian Coast alongside the Hamilton Calabrians, which are more Canadian and more LCN, but still have deep rooted connections to the Siderno Group. According to Italian magistrates, there are a total of 9 Ndrangheta Cells operating in Ontario, 7 in Toronto and 2 in Thunderbay. That's excluding the Violi-Musitano-Papalia-Luppino families.

People think it's Calabrians vs Sicilians. The ndrangheta never fights the cosa nostra and vice versa. The work with eachother more than against eachother. That being said, the Rizzuto's are only one piece to the Sicilian empire and can be replaced by others.

Like in the 70's, the Rizzuto's will be replaced by a local family with much sway, influence and connections abroad, and most likely Sicilian. Montreal will always be Sicilian-Bonnano and Ontario Calabrese-Ndrangheta, with both provinces having common interests and sharing resources.

People forget that the Rizzutos got lazy, fat, greedy and vulnerable. Mafia bosses shouldnt be living in mansions and wearing fedoras in 2011. They created alot of enemies and put way too much spotlight on themselves. Everybody knew who they were and how they operated. When's the last time you heard of saw something like that in Ontario, or even New York?

Times have changed and criminals evolve.

Last edited by eurodave; 10/04/11 11:26 AM.
Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: Mukremin] #616464
10/04/11 04:42 PM
10/04/11 04:42 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
That's some interesting feedback and thanks for answering my questions.

However, I doubt if there would be another Sicilian family that takes over in Montreal. It's been thought that the ties between the Bonannos and Montreal have pretty much disolved over the years. The New York families are now said to be operating on a local level and it's stated that they now have a minor role in drug trafficking.

On the other hand, maybe the Bonannos saw this as an opportunity to re-establish ties with Montreal mafiosi via Montanga as a representative. That would be an interesting scenario. Some say the Bonannos are severly weakened themselves and aren't in a position to be part of this. But they still have at least 100 made guys and hundreds of associates so it's not like they don't have the muscle.

By the way, I was debating with someone about how many Calabrians and Sicilians were living in Canada. Based on the amount of Calabrian crime families in Ontario and Montreal it seems that Calabrians are in the majority. I also remember reading this somewhere. What do you think?

Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: Sonny_Black] #616470
10/04/11 05:11 PM
10/04/11 05:11 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada

However, I doubt if there would be another Sicilian family that takes over in Montreal. It's been thought that the ties between the Bonannos and Montreal have pretty much disolved over the years. The New York families are now said to be operating on a local level and it's stated that they now have a minor role in drug trafficking.

On the other hand, maybe the Bonannos saw this as an opportunity to re-establish ties with Montreal mafiosi via Montanga as a representative. That would be an interesting scenario. Some say the Bonannos are severly weakened themselves and aren't in a position to be part of this. But they still have at least 100 made guys and hundreds of associates so it's not like they don't have the muscle.

By the way, I was debating with someone about how many Calabrians and Sicilians were living in Canada. Based on the amount of Calabrian crime families in Ontario and Montreal it seems that Calabrians are in the majority. I also remember reading this somewhere. What do you think?

There are still some big Sicilian players in Montreal like the Arcuri's and others which still represent Sicilian interests. As for the Bonnano's, I too excluded their original involvement but Montagna might have had something to do with it and might of rekindled the relationship between NYC and Montreal. The five families are weakened but not dead and recent international drug reports show that brokering cocaine from South American to Europe still happens mainly in NYC.

Calabrian's have always for the most part been more numberous in terms of families in Canada than the Sicilians. The Calabrian community as a whole is larger in Canada, but in the States it's the complete opposite. It's no wonder that so many heavy Ndrangheta members have been either deported or waiting extradition in the last few years, all out of Ontario.

From my understanding, Ontario Calabrians are divided into two distinct groups; The Siderno Group and Hamilton. The Siderno group has 9 Families operating in Ontario, 7 in Toronto and 2 in Thunderbay. All families are headed by one Boss who represents them on The Board of Control, or better known as La Camera Di Controllo.

Hamilton Calabrians are different in the sense that they've been in Canada for longer and come from a different part of Reggio Calabria.

Basically, The Siderno Group members all come from the Ionian Coast of Reggio Calabria, primarily from cities like Siderno, Roccella Ionica, Gioiosa Ionica, Locri, Plati and San Luca.

The Musitanos, Papalias, Violis and Luppinos hail from the Tyrrenean coast of Reggio from such cities as Sinopoli, Villa San Giovanni, Taurianova, Gioia Tauro etc..

The board of Control settles disputes between all factions.

The Sicilian families are less numerous in Canada but because La Cosa Nostra had a monopoly in the 70s,80s and 90s with heroin and the [BadWord]-Caruana-Rizzuto association, they were more powerful in scope and reach than most Ndrangheta families operating in Canada.

Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: Mukremin] #616472
10/04/11 05:37 PM
10/04/11 05:37 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
But the Hamilton families aren't really 'Ndrangheta right? How come they are on the board of control? Isn't the board controlled from Calabria itself?

Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: Sonny_Black] #616473
10/04/11 05:43 PM
10/04/11 05:43 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
But the Hamilton families aren't really 'Ndrangheta right? How come they are on the board of control? Isn't the board controlled from Calabria itself?

The founders of the Board of Control are Luppino, Racco, Stalteri, Commisso and I forget who else.

The Luppinos and Musitanos are Ndrangheta members but from a different part of Reggio Calabria. Violi married into the Luppino family as did a Commisso.

Ultimately the board of control was actually initiated by Luppino to settle all disputes between Calabrian families in Ontario, both Ndrangheta based or LCN based. The board answered, back in the day, to Maggadino in Buffalo. The board of control also allowed Luppino and Hamilton families to forge alliances with other Ndrangheta families, which we've seen recently with the arrests of Coluccio and Commisso.

The Siderno Group is autonomous and has become over the last decade, very very powerful.

Last edited by eurodave; 10/04/11 06:33 PM.
Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: eurodave] #616476
10/04/11 06:39 PM
10/04/11 06:39 PM
Toronto
M
Mick2010 Offline
Button
Mick2010  Offline
M
Button
Toronto

The founders of the Board of Control are Luppino, Racco, Stalteri, Commisso and I forget who else.

The Luppinos and Musitanos are Ndrangheta members but from a different part of Reggio Calabria. Violi married into the Luppino family as did a Commisso.

Ultimately the board of control is controlled from Calabria. The Hamilton families however, were more part of the Buffalo LCN and I wonder what involvement they still have.

The Siderno Group is autonomous and has become over the last decade, very very powerful.

The founding members of the Board of Control in 1962 were Giacomo Luppino, Michele Racco, Salvatore Triumbari, Filippo Vendemini, Rocco Zito, Vincenzo Deleo and Cosimo Stalteri.

The most recent report lists the current members as Vincenzo Tavernese, Antonio Coluccio, Cosimo Commisso, Angelino Figliomeni, Cosimo Figliomeni, Giuseppe Andriano and Domenic Ruso. This info could be a little outdated though.

Getting back to the Montreal situation, that article implies that different factions may be battling for control after some disagreements that happened since the fall of the Rizzutos. Any idea who is on each side?

Definitely looking forward to reading Mafia Inc in a couple weeks.

Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: Mick2010] #616485
10/04/11 09:11 PM
10/04/11 09:11 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mick2010

Ultimately the board of control is controlled from Calabria. The Hamilton families however, were more part of the Buffalo LCN and I wonder what involvement they still have.

The founding members of the Board of Control in 1962 were Giacomo Luppino, Michele Racco, Salvatore Triumbari, Filippo Vendemini, Rocco Zito, Vincenzo Deleo and Cosimo Stalteri.

The most recent report lists the current members as Vincenzo Tavernese, Antonio Coluccio, Cosimo Commisso, Angelino Figliomeni, Cosimo Figliomeni, Giuseppe Andriano and Domenic Ruso. This info could be a little outdated though.

Getting back to the Montreal situation, that article implies that different factions may be battling for control after some disagreements that happened since the fall of the Rizzutos. Any idea who is on each side?

Definitely looking forward to reading Mafia Inc in a couple weeks.

Tough call.....the articles don't point out to which factions in particular are responsible but the city seems to have been divided by two large factions, the Rizzuto clan and the old Calabrian faction under Di Maulo-Vanelli-Gallo. There are other factions but I wouldn't know to what extent.

Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: Mukremin] #616533
10/05/11 08:14 AM
10/05/11 08:14 AM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Online content
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Online Content
Underboss
Your Mom's House
When I was in Montreal about a year ago, I was in a diner/greek joint that was open real late and seemed to cater to the undercurrent of Montreal. Does anyone know if the Rizzutos (RIP) ever had an interest in any restaurants in Montreal?

Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: Mukremin] #617971
10/19/11 10:55 AM
10/19/11 10:55 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
I'm currently reading into the English version of Mafia Inc. which is about the Rizzuto clan.

The writers confirm that Arcadi was Rizzuto's street boss, or acting boss, when Rizzuto was sent to prison.

This is what is stated:

"After Vito's arrest, police had pegged Arcadi as a possible successor. He was the clan's street boss, liasing with Outlaw bikers and Montreal's street gangs. Reporting to him were two younger men, Lorenzo Giordano and his associate Francesco Del Balso".

The book states that Vito and Nick Rizzuto, Paolo Renda, Rocco Sollecito and Francesco Arcadi formed the upper hierarchy of the Rizzuto organization. If I remember correctly this is also stated in the Sixth Family.

The book also states that Morena Gallo was a high ranking member and that Tony Mucci was his lieutenant.

Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: Sonny_Black] #618015
10/19/11 05:30 PM
10/19/11 05:30 PM
Mooney Offline
Capo
Mooney  Offline
Capo
I'm currently reading into the English version of Mafia Inc. which is about the Rizzuto clan.

Awesome! I didn't know the English version was out yet. I remember when that book came out there wasn't an english version and i was so pissed! I'm going to order that right now! Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited by Mooney; 10/19/11 05:30 PM.

"Thank God for the American Jury System" - Nicky Scarfo
Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: Mukremin] #618019
10/19/11 05:34 PM
10/19/11 05:34 PM
Mukremin Offline OP
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline OP
Underboss
Yeah thats great news, i havent looked into it yet. Ive got 2-3 more mob books to read, this one will certainly be on my list.

Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: eurodave] #618422
10/25/11 02:50 PM
10/25/11 02:50 PM
Naples,Italy
F
Frank Offline
Button
Frank  Offline
F
Button
Naples,Italy

There are still some big Sicilian players in Montreal like the Arcuri's and others which still represent Sicilian interests. As for the Bonnano's, I too excluded their original involvement but Montagna might have had something to do with it and might of rekindled the relationship between NYC and Montreal. The five families are weakened but not dead and recent international drug reports show that brokering cocaine from South American to Europe still happens mainly in NYC.

Calabrian's have always for the most part been more numberous in terms of families in Canada than the Sicilians. The Calabrian community as a whole is larger in Canada, but in the States it's the complete opposite. It's no wonder that so many heavy Ndrangheta members have been either deported or waiting extradition in the last few years, all out of Ontario.

From my understanding, Ontario Calabrians are divided into two distinct groups; The Siderno Group and Hamilton. The Siderno group has 9 Families operating in Ontario, 7 in Toronto and 2 in Thunderbay. All families are headed by one Boss who represents them on The Board of Control, or better known as La Camera Di Controllo.

Hamilton Calabrians are different in the sense that they've been in Canada for longer and come from a different part of Reggio Calabria.

Basically, The Siderno Group members all come from the Ionian Coast of Reggio Calabria, primarily from cities like Siderno, Roccella Ionica, Gioiosa Ionica, Locri, Plati and San Luca.

The Musitanos, Papalias, Violis and Luppinos hail from the Tyrrenean coast of Reggio from such cities as Sinopoli, Villa San Giovanni, Taurianova, Gioia Tauro etc..

The Sicilian families are less numerous in Canada but because La Cosa Nostra had a monopoly in the 70s,80s and 90s with heroin and the [BadWord]-Caruana-Rizzuto association, they were more powerful in scope and reach than most Ndrangheta families operating in Canada.

the canadian mafia appears to have become very powerful!! it looks like in nyc until the 80's : there are many families; very strong italian connection and a lot of them are italian born! furthermore they meet in italian social clubs like cosenza social club in montreal.
why no one ever talks about toronto families?as it seems to be they're powerful more than montreal families.is it possible?

Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: Frank] #618424
10/25/11 03:33 PM
10/25/11 03:33 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Originally Posted By: Frank

the canadian mafia appears to have become very powerful!! it looks like in nyc until the 80's : there are many families; very strong italian connection and a lot of them are italian born! furthermore they meet in italian social clubs like cosenza social club in montreal.
why no one ever talks about toronto families?as it seems to be they're powerful more than montreal families.is it possible?

Usually the quieter crime in a city is, the stronger it becomes. Blood and wars is a sign of weakness or change. The Toronto-Ontario mafia has been relatively quiet for the past two decades but it has silently built up an empire.

Generally the Ndrangheta tries to avoid the limelight, especially outside of Italy and Calabria.

Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: Mukremin] #618439
10/25/11 05:56 PM
10/25/11 05:56 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
montreal mafia is more powerful than toronto's one they are connected to both sicilian mafia, calabrian mafia and 5 families, they have national politicians in their pockets and they earn billions...

Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: m2w] #618447
10/25/11 06:28 PM
10/25/11 06:28 PM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: m2w
montreal mafia is more powerful than toronto's one they are connected to both sicilian mafia, calabrian mafia and 5 families, they have national politicians in their pockets and they earn billions...

mmmh...I wouldn't go that far.
GTA has 7 'ndrine, Scarcellas, Caruana\Cun-trera...that's many. Hamilton has its own. Plus few Italian-Canadian groups.

And who ever said that Ontario groups have no political connections?

Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: Mukremin] #618449
10/25/11 06:33 PM
10/25/11 06:33 PM
LeroyJones Offline
Made Member
LeroyJones  Offline
Made Member
Seems like all hell is breaking loose up in montreal. Are all the dead victims connected to the Rizzuto's? Is any one loyal to Vito fighting back or are they all just trying to stay alive? I mean there are some big names among the victims. People who you would think could fight back.

Interesting stuff. I'm going to have to follow this more closely then i have.

Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: m2w] #618451
10/25/11 06:39 PM
10/25/11 06:39 PM
Naples,Italy
F
Frank Offline
Button
Frank  Offline
F
Button
Naples,Italy
Originally Posted By: m2w

i guess today it can't be the same thing. perhaps ten years ago.the boss is in prison and many capos were killed

Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: Mukremin] #618453
10/25/11 06:47 PM
10/25/11 06:47 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
lorenzo lopresti can't be allied of rizzuto's, they killed his father

Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: m2w] #618461
10/25/11 09:51 PM
10/25/11 09:51 PM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
Why was his father murdered? I can never be interested in murders if I don't know the motive.

Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: Mukremin] #618469
10/25/11 11:27 PM
10/25/11 11:27 PM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Actually there's not a lot of info available on the Lopresti sr murder. He was basically the Rizzuto emissary to New York before George from Canada was, and there's theories of a falling out of sorts. He supposedly did something that someone didn't like.

Great posts, eurodave; your bringing a lot to the GBB table. The Canadian situation is definitely an interesting one. The point you made about the distinction between Italian-Canadian mobsters as opposed to Italian mobsters in Canada is very apt.

(cough.)
Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #618470
10/25/11 11:48 PM
10/25/11 11:48 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica
Actually there's not a lot of info available on the Lopresti sr murder. He was basically the Rizzuto emissary to New York before George from Canada was, and there's theories of a falling out of sorts. He supposedly did something that someone didn't like.

Great posts, eurodave; your bringing a lot to the GBB table. The Canadian situation is definitely an interesting one. The point you made about the distinction between Italian-Canadian mobsters as opposed to Italian mobsters in Canada is very apt.

I remember reading in the 6th Family that the Lopresti murder was an issue between the Bonnanos and the Rizzutos, but I could be mistaken.

Hamilton gangsters are Italian-Canadian while the GTA ndrine seem to be Italian gangsters in Canada and if you think of the deportation of Commisso and Coluccio, it proves that the ndrangheta are expanding across Canada in the same way the Cosa Nostra did in the 70s.

Re: Rizzuto Crime Family Chart [Re: Mukremin] #618471
10/26/11 12:28 AM
10/26/11 12:28 AM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
the murder of lo presti let me think is a war between sicilians

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull