GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 342 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,424
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #625874
12/20/11 07:31 PM
12/20/11 07:31 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Agreed, Lilo. I would have loved to see this new season starting next month.

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #625886
12/20/11 08:21 PM
12/20/11 08:21 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Golden Globe Nomination

BEST TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
AMERICAN HORROR STORY (FX)
Twentieth Century Fox Television
BOARDWALK EMPIRE (HBO)
Leverage, Closest to the Hole Productions, Sikelia Productions and Cold Front Productions in association with HBO Entertainment
BOSS (STARZ)
Lionsgate Television in association with Grammnet NH Productions, Roya Productions and Old Friends Productions
GAME OF THRONES (HBO)
Bighead, Littlehead, 360 Television, Grok and Generator Productions in association with HBO Entertainmen
t
HOMELAND (SHOWTIME)
SHOWTIME Presents, Teakwood Lane Productions, Cherry Pie Productions, Keshet, Fox 21

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #629255
01/13/12 06:35 AM
01/13/12 06:35 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
I've not read Bernard Cornwell yet but have heard a multitude of good things about him. So this interview between Cornwell and Martin was interesting.

Quote:
GRRM: When Tolkien began writing The Lord of the Rings, it was intended as a sequel to The Hobbit. "The tale grew in the telling," he said later, when LOTR had grown into the trilogy we know today. That's a line I have often had occasion to quote over the years, as my own Song of Ice and Fire swelled from the three books I had originally sold to the seven books (five published, two more to write) I'm now producing. Much of your own work has taken the form of multi-part series. Are your tales too 'growing in the telling,' or do you know how long your journeys will take before you set out? When you wrote that first Sharpe book, did you ever imagine how long and how far you would march with him and Harper? Did you know how many books Uhtred's story would require, when you first sat down to write about him?
BC: No idea! I don't even know what will happen in the next chapter, let alone the next book, and have no idea how many books there might be in a series. E.L. Doctorow said something I like which is that writing a novel is a bit like driving down an unfamiliar country road at night and you can only see as far ahead as your somewhat feeble headlamps show. I write into the darkness. I guess the joy of reading a book is to find out what happens, and for me that's the joy of writing one too!

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #630199
01/18/12 09:24 AM
01/18/12 09:24 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #631765
01/27/12 06:49 AM
01/27/12 06:49 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
A very small issue with the TV series was that the Stark direwolves were of course real dogs and WAY too small. The direwolves are supposed to be uncomfortably large as pups, make people nervous when they're half-grown and be as large as small ponies when full grown. No one in their right mind ever moves against a Stark while their wolf is around. It would be nice if in Season 2 or 3 HBO went with CGI or other special effects to bring out how large these beasts are.

Here are some interpretations that are true to the books.

Rickon Stark and Shaggydog

Sansa Stark and Lady

Robb Stark and Grey Wind

Jon Snow and Ghost

Arya Stark and Nymeria

Bran Stark and Summer

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #632442
01/30/12 08:10 PM
01/30/12 08:10 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #632451
01/30/12 08:59 PM
01/30/12 08:59 PM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Nice. With every scrap of the new series I see, it gets better and better.

Really dug those pics of the Stark kids and their wolves, you're right (as you've pointed out before) once you've read the books and gotten a sense of the sheer size of the direwolves, the series is a tad disappointing. But as you've also mentioned before, the logistics of it would have been hard to pull off, and they did pretty well considering.

Although Jon and Robb are perhaps my favourites, I really love the Rickon, Arya and Bran ones in particular. Trying to figure out which one to make my new wallpaper. grin

(cough.)
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #635713
02/20/12 06:22 AM
02/20/12 06:22 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #635714
02/20/12 06:31 AM
02/20/12 06:31 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #636146
02/22/12 08:35 PM
02/22/12 08:35 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #636521
02/25/12 10:45 AM
02/25/12 10:45 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
New Trailer
This will be good.

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #638125
03/04/12 10:56 AM
03/04/12 10:56 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Interview with Natalia Tena

Quote:
WiC: Last season the direwolves were played by real dogs, and while they were cute, they reportedly had trouble following direction. This season they’ve decided to use CGI wolves instead smile tongue wink

[Ed. note: since asking this question, it has come to light that they may be using a combination of CGI, animatronics and live animals]. Which is harder, acting with real animals or imaginary ones?

NT: Last year it was tricky working with them because in scenes where the dogs were meant to growl at you they would instead come up and lick your face!!!

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #640220
03/16/12 06:12 AM
03/16/12 06:12 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Season 2 starts on April 1.
GRRM is doing a lot of interviews and appears to be having the time of his life.
22 min interview about writing, growing up in Jersey, the media attention and his fans. No spoilers.

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #640330
03/16/12 07:07 PM
03/16/12 07:07 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
I can't wait for the second season to start. This is so cool. I think I'm going to re-watch the entire first season before April 1. This will begin as "Spartacus" ends it's second season. Lilo - are you or were you a comic fan? I think most of the fans of Thrones are fellow comic geeks.

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Mark] #640407
03/17/12 06:19 AM
03/17/12 06:19 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Yup. I wasn't as big of a comic book geek as my brother who can quote chapter and verse about all sorts of obscure trivia but I read most of what he brought home.

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #640884
03/20/12 05:56 AM
03/20/12 05:56 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #640887
03/20/12 09:16 AM
03/20/12 09:16 AM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Starts here on August 10. Pleasantly surprised, since that seems to be around the same time you guys are getting it. Normally it's at least a few months after.

If I knew how to type in a 'fingers crossed' emoticon, I so totally would right now. Looks great, and thats an understatement.

(cough.)
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #640982
03/20/12 07:02 PM
03/20/12 07:02 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica
Starts here on August 10. Pleasantly surprised, since that seems to be around the same time you guys are getting it. Normally it's at least a few months after.

If I knew how to type in a 'fingers crossed' emoticon, I so totally would right now. Looks great, and thats an understatement.

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news (Dark Wings, Dark Words, right smile ) but we get it on April 1, not August.. tongue

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #641023
03/20/12 10:58 PM
03/20/12 10:58 PM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Goddammit!

(cough.)
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #641121
03/22/12 07:15 AM
03/22/12 07:15 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
heh-heh...

Anyway here is a new set of promos (at this rate will there be anything left to show in Season 2 confused ) that mixes up Season 1 scenes with a few Season 2 ones. A few of the trailers hint a bit too strongly imo at a Season 2 spoiler in a few places but other than that they're pretty good.
Which House do you Swear Allegiance to?

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #641508
03/25/12 02:40 AM
03/25/12 02:40 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
I've just started watching this through HBO on demand and so far I'm hooked. There are already a few characters I hate, Joffrey(however it's spelled) being one of them man that kid is an ungrateful punk. I would love for him to get his comeuppance

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #641518
03/25/12 08:56 AM
03/25/12 08:56 AM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Iceman - it only gets better with every episode! I did the same with OnDemand and was hooked as well. Admittedly, I'm not familiar with the series of books - Lilo is the godfather in that department! Nonetheless, it is a great "world" to get lost in and enjoy the ride. I will be anxiously awaiting April 1st like everybody else. And yes - Joffrey proves to validate your hate by the end of season 1.

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: The Iceman] #641634
03/26/12 05:28 AM
03/26/12 05:28 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Originally Posted By: The Iceman
I've just started watching this through HBO on demand and so far I'm hooked. There are already a few characters I hate, Joffrey(however it's spelled) being one of them man that kid is an ungrateful punk. I would love for him to get his comeuppance

lol

There are a lot of characters that I feel that way about and Joffrey is near the top of the list. I think one of Tolkien's characters actually anticipated some of Martin's writing.

“Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends" whistle

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #641942
03/28/12 06:40 AM
03/28/12 06:40 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
GRRM in UK and Potugal

Quote:
Seems as though I just got back from Toronto, and tomorrow I am off again -- this time for England and Portugal.

The UK comes first. Signings in Bath and London (details on my website), a visit to the London Book Fair, and best of all, EASTERCON at Heathrow. I hope I will see some of you there, and we can hoist a pink or three.

And from there it's on to Portugal, and appearances in Lisbon and Porto. Not nearly as long as visit as I'd like, but I'm looking forward to it.

I expect that the UK will be a No Tebow Zone. That will be a relief.

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: The Iceman] #642375
04/01/12 09:05 PM
04/01/12 09:05 PM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Originally Posted By: The Iceman

I think everyone felt the same way on that damn kid. The thing with GRRM though (as you've probably noticed) is that people dont always get what it is they deserve.

Also, YES! GoT S2 starting on Showcase in Australia on April 10!!1! No laggy streaming for me this time round! Cheering!

(cough.)
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #642401
04/02/12 07:13 AM
04/02/12 07:13 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
I liked the new version of Robb Stark's wolf Grey Wind.

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #642420
04/02/12 01:11 PM
04/02/12 01:11 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Can't wait to get home from work today and watch the second season premiere! Couldn't watch last night.

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #642515
04/02/12 11:17 PM
04/02/12 11:17 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Lilo
I liked the new version of Robb Stark's wolf Grey Wind.

i can't wait to see ghost new look

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #642531
04/03/12 06:44 AM
04/03/12 06:44 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
From Sunday's episode (don't know how long this will be available)
Cersei Lannister explains what power is

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #642542
04/03/12 08:45 AM
04/03/12 08:45 AM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Saw the episode - cool stuff. I wish that Dire Wolf would have at least nipped at that Lannister jerk in the cell. Question... why were those soldiers killing the babies and those other fellas? Were they after the guy with the bull helmet who was sneaking away with the Stark girl dressed as a boy?

Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull