GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 237 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,445
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,848
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,508
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,309
Posts1,058,381
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: infamous Gemini Lounge [Re: Jonesvan] #754332
12/19/13 03:23 PM
12/19/13 03:23 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I'd love to just walk outside The Gemini Lounge; breathe it in and feel the goosebumps.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: infamous Gemini Lounge [Re: Moe_Tilden] #754333
12/19/13 03:25 PM
12/19/13 03:25 PM
Southeastern Massachusetts
JCB1977 Offline
Underboss
JCB1977  Offline
Underboss
Southeastern Massachusetts
goosebumps? A group of serial killers who ate pizza and cut up human bodies gives you goosebumps?

Re: infamous Gemini Lounge [Re: Jonesvan] #754467
12/20/13 12:41 AM
12/20/13 12:41 AM
L
LittleCesar Offline
Associate
LittleCesar  Offline
L
Associate

Thanks for the feedback. It was an experiment that grew over time. I used original music because I don't have the budget that Marty has to pay for the rights. You might like this then, it's a trailer I made for this series and I was straight up trying to be like Marty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgwUi9shNIY

Re: infamous Gemini Lounge [Re: LittleCesar] #754675
12/21/13 09:20 AM
12/21/13 09:20 AM
Northumberland England
GaryH Offline
Underboss
GaryH  Offline
Underboss
Northumberland England
Pretty good, "Bobby" (Roy) was well cast
Thanks

Re: infamous Gemini Lounge [Re: Jonesvan] #754791
12/21/13 11:19 PM
12/21/13 11:19 PM
Netherlands
B
B_A_ Offline
Button
B_A_  Offline
B
Button
Netherlands
I liked it. The underwear was cool. But didn't they use silencers?

Re: infamous Gemini Lounge [Re: Jonesvan] #1035339
06/02/22 09:35 AM
06/02/22 09:35 AM
212-n-305
CNote Offline
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
A pentagram has recently been painted on the roof of the church of where the Gemini Lounge once was. You can see it from Google Earth, here's the image

Attached Files IMG_5298_11zon.jpg
Re: infamous Gemini Lounge [Re: CNote] #1035343
06/02/22 12:12 PM
06/02/22 12:12 PM
T
thekidfromthesouth Offline
Suspended
thekidfromthesouth  Offline
Suspended
T
Made Member
Originally Posted by CNote
A pentagram has recently been painted on the roof of the church of where the Gemini Lounge once was. You can see it from Google Earth, here's the image

wow crazy its now a chuch ,,,now

Re: infamous Gemini Lounge [Re: Jonesvan] #1035347
06/02/22 01:19 PM
06/02/22 01:19 PM
R
RushStreet Offline
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline
R
Underboss
If you have the privilege of being invited into a current mob social club that has been around for decades, you know for a fact that you are standing inside a place where some bad shit went down over the years.

Some still exist and some do not such as the Gemini. Anyone here know of the ones still in existence in New York that were around 30-40 years ago? I would imagine there has to be one still standing and in operation even though the days of murders and mayhem taking place inside are more than likely over. Just a place where connected guys go to be left alone and live out their golden years to socialize and have some drinks together.

Last edited by RushStreet; 06/02/22 01:21 PM.
Re: infamous Gemini Lounge [Re: RushStreet] #1035379
06/03/22 01:12 AM
06/03/22 01:12 AM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
An interesting note:

My friend Eric was co-owner of the Gemini Lounge after it was no longer the Gemini Lounge. eek

Yep, this is absolutely true.

He and another man had the place for a couple of years back circa 1990. I can't remember the partner's name, but he had a wonky eye and always had either a parrot or a large iguana on his shoulder. (I can't remember precisely.) The bar had been renamed Justin's Pub (after Eric's infant son) and the late Signora V. (the First) and I went there for a Halloween bash in 1990. I won first prize, dressed as Beetlejuice (see photo below), lip-synching "Monster Mash." Won a bottle of champagne. Signora V. dressed as a Lady Vampire.

At that time, Eric and I had been friends for around nine years, and he absolutely hated it when people came in looking for traces of the bar's Mafia roots. He claimed he didn't know anything about the place's history, and he and his partner ran a clean, Mob-free establishment.

They only had the place a couple of years, at most. He later relocated and, last I heard, became a prison guard in another state (I will not divulge where). Haven't seen him or heard from him in many years. Probably retired.

Anyway, I can actually claim to have been in the Gemini Lounge - albeit after all the notoriety!

We came out alive.

Signor V.

Attached Files Halloween1990.jpg

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: infamous Gemini Lounge [Re: Signor Vitelli] #1035382
06/03/22 06:23 AM
06/03/22 06:23 AM
212-n-305
CNote Offline
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
Originally Posted by Signor Vitelli
An interesting note:

My friend Eric was co-owner of the Gemini Lounge after it was no longer the Gemini Lounge. eek

He and another man had the place for a couple of years back circa 1990. I can't remember the partner's name, but he had a wonky eye and always had either a parrot or a large iguana on his shoulder. (I can't remember precisely.) The bar had been renamed Justin's Pub (after Eric's infant son) and the late Signora V. (the First) and I went there for a Halloween bash in 1990. I won first prize, dressed as Beetlejuice (see photo below), lip-synching "Monster Mash." Won a bottle of champagne. Signora V. dressed as a Lady Vampire.

At that time, Eric and I had been friends for around nine years, and he absolutely hated it when people came in looking for traces of the bar's Mafia roots. He claimed he didn't know anything about the place's history, and he and his partner ran a clean, Mob-free establishment.

They only had the place a couple of years, at most. He later relocated and, last I heard, became a prison guard in another state (I will not divulge where). Haven't seen him or heard from him in many years. Probably retired.

Anyway, I can actually claim to have been in the Gemini Lounge - albeit after all the notoriety!

We came out alive.

Signor V.

Did you ever enter the rear apartment on the 1st floor? Would you be able to draw a general Floorplan of the 1st floor? I've been there also.

Attached Files 20130414_133935_11zon.jpg
Re: infamous Gemini Lounge [Re: Jonesvan] #1035389
06/03/22 04:15 PM
06/03/22 04:15 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
I never thought the Gemini was a social club, I thought it was a bar. It was open to the public, anyone could drink there, or s I thought. The back room was kept off limits as far as I have seen, used by DeMeo.

Re: infamous Gemini Lounge [Re: RushStreet] #1035390
06/03/22 04:18 PM
06/03/22 04:18 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by RushStreet
If you have the privilege of being invited into a current mob social club that has been around for decades, you know for a fact that you are standing inside a place where some bad shit went down over the years.

Some still exist and some do not such as the Gemini. Anyone here know of the ones still in existence in New York that were around 30-40 years ago? I would imagine there has to be one still standing and in operation even though the days of murders and mayhem taking place inside are more than likely over. Just a place where connected guys go to be left alone and live out their golden years to socialize and have some drinks together.

The back of that bar was an exception, few clubs had acts committed in them, Gravano's was one place where killing took place. For the most part any "Murder and Mayhem" took place on the streets or isolated areas. There was lily planning of a lot of killings in certain clubs.

Re: infamous Gemini Lounge [Re: Signor Vitelli] #1035411
06/03/22 07:30 PM
06/03/22 07:30 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
An interesting note:

We came out alive.

Signor V.

An interesting note:

We came out alive.

Signor V.

WoW, that is friggin amazing…..I lived right around the corner in the late 70- 80’s.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: infamous Gemini Lounge [Re: DuesPaid] #1035433
06/03/22 10:01 PM
06/03/22 10:01 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by DuesPaid
An interesting note:

We came out alive.

Signor V.

An interesting note:

We came out alive.

Signor V.

WoW, that is friggin amazing…..I lived right around the corner in the late 70- 80’s.

WHoa Dues, I did not know u were that close 2 that shithouse in ur youth?....

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: infamous Gemini Lounge [Re: Jonesvan] #1035434
06/03/22 10:04 PM
06/03/22 10:04 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
An interesting note:

We came out alive.

Signor V.

An interesting note:

We came out alive.

Signor V.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: infamous Gemini Lounge [Re: CNote] #1035703
06/09/22 11:16 PM
06/09/22 11:16 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Did you ever enter the rear apartment on the 1st floor? Would you be able to draw a general Floorplan of the 1st floor? I've been there also.

I'll have to wrack my brain about this one. Remember, I'm talking around 32 years ago, and I can't guarantee my memories of the layout will be 100% accurate. And, again, I was never in there when it was the Gemini Lounge, so I don't know if my friend and his partner did any major renovations.

But, I will give it a try.

As far as seeing other areas - the apartment, for example - no, I didn't see anything except the bar area itself. I did see my friend's partner go through a door which I assumed led to a private office area, but I did not go into that area, nor did I ask. Since my friend absolutely did not encourage curiosity-seekers and Mob-wannabes, I didn't even broach the subject. Also, he could handle himself - his nose had been broken boxing in the Golden Gloves. We were friends, but I respected the fact that the bar was his territory and he was doing his best to make an honest living from it. I wasn't interested in stirring the pot.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: infamous Gemini Lounge [Re: hoodlum] #1035798
06/12/22 01:23 PM
06/12/22 01:23 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted by hoodlum
An interesting note:

We came out alive.

Signor V.

An interesting note:

We came out alive.

Signor V.

Yes, into my 20’s, Wild Bill also ….I lived next door to him in the 80’s on 48th st. Just a few blocks from Gemini. Saw him and Billy boy , Barbra and the girls almost everyday.
His mother and sister lived a few door down from him.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: infamous Gemini Lounge [Re: Signor Vitelli] #1035816
06/13/22 06:58 AM
06/13/22 06:58 AM
212-n-305
CNote Offline
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305

I'll have to wrack my brain about this one. Remember, I'm talking around 32 years ago, and I can't guarantee my memories of the layout will be 100% accurate. And, again, I was never in there when it was the Gemini Lounge, so I don't know if my friend and his partner did any major renovations.

As far as seeing other areas - the apartment, for example - no, I didn't see anything except the bar area itself. I did see my friend's partner go through a door which I assumed led to a private office area, but I did not go into that area, nor did I ask. Since my friend absolutely did not encourage curiosity-seekers and Mob-wannabes, I didn't even broach the subject. Also, he could handle himself - his nose had been broken boxing in the Golden Gloves. We were friends, but I respected the fact that the bar was his territory and he was doing his best to make an honest living from it. I wasn't interested in stirring the pot.

Signor V.

Any information you could provide would be extremely appreciated. Can you provide any info about this image inside the building. I think its from one the side doors with the diamond windows looking in.

Attached Files 1f805985e3e4d87ad51faa59008adf25.jpg
Re: infamous Gemini Lounge [Re: CNote] #1035828
06/13/22 12:55 PM
06/13/22 12:55 PM
T
thekidfromthesouth Offline
Suspended
thekidfromthesouth  Offline
Suspended
T
Made Member
supe

Signor V.

Any information you could provide would be extremely appreciated. Can you provide any info about this image inside the building. I think its from one the side doors with the diamond windows looking in.

thas the definition of CREEPINESS

Re: infamous Gemini Lounge [Re: thekidfromthesouth] #1035829
06/13/22 01:15 PM
06/13/22 01:15 PM
212-n-305
CNote Offline
Brooklyn Bum
CNote  Offline
Brooklyn Bum
Underboss
212-n-305
Originally Posted by thekidfromthesouth
supe

Signor V.

thas the definition of CREEPINESS

Lol, would you like to eat a slice of pizza in there.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull