GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Liggio, Mafia101), 140 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,123
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,384
Posts1,059,727
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602387
05/08/11 02:38 AM
05/08/11 02:38 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I'm sure they're very nice people and all, but it's up to you if you wanna leave that comment for the world to see wink

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602388
05/08/11 02:42 AM
05/08/11 02:42 AM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Well, none of these people have sympathy for that man. They're not exactly mourning him lol. They're all glad he's dead. It's just the rules and laws that they feel are important and should always be followed. My teachers are lawyers btw.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602390
05/08/11 02:47 AM
05/08/11 02:47 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I'm pretty ignorant about international laws, so don't know as much as you do I guess. But one fewer evil bastard is alive now -- there's something wrong with that?

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602391
05/08/11 02:48 AM
05/08/11 02:48 AM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
No I'm with you. I praise Obama for hitting that guy.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602392
05/08/11 02:52 AM
05/08/11 02:52 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

And FWIW, I felt a bit indifferent about it. Sure, he caused thousands of innocent people misery (if not death) -- no excuse!! -- but at the same time, I'd rather have him suffer in his thoughts for the next 50 years. His death was too easy for him. ohwell

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602393
05/08/11 02:55 AM
05/08/11 02:55 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Obama didn't "hit" the guy lol. He just oversaw the last operation that happened to be successful -- a lot of research, and luck, was involved in that.

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: J Geoff] #602395
05/08/11 03:01 AM
05/08/11 03:01 AM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Originally Posted By: J Geoff

And FWIW, I felt a bit indifferent about it. Sure, he caused thousands of innocent people misery (if not death) -- no excuse!! -- but at the same time, I'd rather have him suffer in his thoughts for the next 50 years. His death was too easy for him. ohwell

I hear what you're saying, but I doubt this guy would ever suffer in his thoughts. Death was the only option here.

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: J Geoff] #602398
05/08/11 03:09 AM
05/08/11 03:09 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Obama didn't "hit" the guy lol. He just oversaw the last operation that happened to be successful -- a lot of research, and luck, was involved in that.

And the brass to not just approve that operation in Pakistani turf without their support or knowledge, but risking a possible firefight with the local Pakistani units.

That's really one of the worst cast scenarios that could have happened. Our "allies" blasting us after we "invade" their territory.

Fortunately, that didn't happen. And that (corrupt) government is doing everything it can find its scapegoat or two for its own humiliating failure. Or cover up their complicity.

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #602402
05/08/11 06:55 AM
05/08/11 06:55 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

So yes, I'm giving the unliberal, fascist-friendly answer that'll blow Capo's head off and surely disapoint Lilo when I say that a bullet to the eye saved a government a whole lot of headache.

rolleyes
Not really , RR. tongue

There are some legitimate questions raised by people who are sticklers for law and process no matter what if the operation was legal and moral. Look at the letter here by Benjamin Ferencz, a former Nuremberg prosecutor.

The counterargument, which I would tend to agree with in this particular instance was that OBL was fair game due to an ongoing conflict and the 2001 Senate authorization.

Quote:
In 2001, congress passed a law giving the office of the President the “use all necessary and appropriate force” against nations, organizations, or individuals who played a role in the 9/11 attacks.

Harold Koh said, "Some have argued that our targeting practices violate domestic law, in particular, the long-standing domestic ban on assassinations. But under domestic law, the use of lawful weapons systems—consistent with the applicable laws of war—for precision targeting of specific high-level belligerent leaders when acting in self-defense or during an armed conflict is not unlawful, and hence does not constitute 'assassination.' ".

Defending the killing of what the White House has acknowledged was an unarmed bin Laden, Holder said he was a legitimate military target and had made no attempt to surrender to the American forces who stormed his fortified compound near Islamabad and shot him in the head.
"It was justified as an act of national self-defense," Holder told the Senate Judiciary Committee, citing bin Laden's admission of being involved in the September 11, 2001, attacks in the United States that killed nearly 3,000 people.

It was lawful to target bin Laden because he was the enemy commander in the field and the operation was conducted in a way that was consistent with U.S. laws and values, he said, adding that it was a "kill or capture mission."

"If he had surrendered, attempted to surrender, I think we should obviously have accepted that, but there was no indication that he wanted to do that and therefore his killing was appropriate," he said.

To put it bluntly, as I've written elsewhere you can't step on the football field and then get upset when the linebacker hits you. OBL knew the risks and accepted them. The larger policy of assassination overseas (ie. that American citizen in Yemen) I still disagree with. However OBL was a special case and I wouldn't use the term "assassination" any more than I would have described the killing of Yamamoto as such.

As far as entering Pakistan w/o permission that was illegal, no question about it. But Pakistan doesn't necessarily have the ability to DO anything about it.

Since this is a gangster board I wanted to point out the recent column by the otherwise execrable Maureen Dowd here.

No wonder the president’s top generals call him “a Cool Hand Luke.”

After giving the order for members of a Navy Seals team to execute a fantastically daring plan to, let’s be honest, execute Osama bin Laden, Barack Obama put on a tuxedo and gave a comedy speech Saturday night in a Washington ballroom of tippling journalists and Hollywood stars.

If we could have seen everything unfolding in real time, it would have had the same dramatic effect as the intercutting in the president’s favorite movie, “The Godfather,” when Michael Corleone calmly acts as godfather at his nephew’s baptism at church, even as his lieutenants carry out the gory hits he has ordered on rival mobsters.

Just substitute “Leave the copter, take the corpse” for “Leave the gun, take the cannol
i.”

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602403
05/08/11 08:38 AM
05/08/11 08:38 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602404
05/08/11 08:50 AM
05/08/11 08:50 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
I thought this was funny. It's a really strange thing to say for publication. shhh

"I don't think the kind of people you and the intelligence agencies are looking for are here or have ever lived here," said Mohammad Shazad Awan, a former army soldier who has driven a public minibus in the area for the last 12 years.
But residents of Abbottabad were also not aware that bin Laden had been living there for such a long time.
Awan, who said he works on the side as an informant for the government, said many Pakistani intelligence operatives were in Chak Shah Mohammad on Friday asking whether bin Laden had lived there.

Streets are watching in Pakistan

Winter is Coming

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602415
05/08/11 12:39 PM
05/08/11 12:39 PM
Berlin, Germany
Danito Offline
Underboss
Danito  Offline
Underboss
Berlin, Germany
It's one thing to be relieved that that terrorist won't do no harm no more.
But those gestures of triumph over a dead I find disgusting.

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: Danito] #602417
05/08/11 12:51 PM
05/08/11 12:51 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Originally Posted By: Danito

F' him. Party on.

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: Danito] #602425
05/08/11 02:02 PM
05/08/11 02:02 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Originally Posted By: Danito
Whether the sentiments put forth in this thread are disgusting or not, they're certainly naive.

"An eye for an eye" has always been a narrative myth, designed to offer the notion of moral closure.

The celebratory tone of this thread is all fair and well, given the personal heartbreak outpoured almost ten years ago on this board... But the incessant extent of it here speaks to continued political confusion and personal anger.

I think the apparent fact that the death of Osama bin Laden was required to bring to people some satisfaction, however "teensy" or "tiny", is indicative of the ease with which ordinary Americans are deceived by their own government.

Blind worship of the state is killing us; as a people, a race, a planet.

Forgive the rhetoric.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602426
05/08/11 02:06 PM
05/08/11 02:06 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Terrorism is a concept employed by the ruling governments the world over to justify further defence measures of capitalism.

There's no two ways about that.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: Lilo] #602427
05/08/11 02:08 PM
05/08/11 02:08 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Lilo
. . . the otherwise execrable Maureen Dowd

LMAO, Lilo.

Not even the most ardent Liberal Democrats can take much of Dowd. Although I have to admit, she is a gifted writer smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602457
05/08/11 09:09 PM
05/08/11 09:09 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Pakistan's Army is Worthless

Quote:
Only the impotent resort to bluster. The Pakistan military rather pompously “threatened” America with “dire consequences” if it dared to violate Pak sovereignty again. America sniffed, not in sorrow but disdain, and sent drones on Friday to hit targets in the Datta Khel area, killing 12 people, described naturally as “militants.” Washington did not seek Islamabad’s permission for renewed military action.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-s...in-laden-shows/

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602473
05/09/11 03:14 AM
05/09/11 03:14 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Guys, whether you're Democrat or Republican, can we all agree that the President should tell this asshole to go fuck himself?

Pakistan Prime Minister to warn US over Osama bin Laden raid

Quote:
Pakistan's prime minister will on Monday warn the United States it will defend its air space if American forces mount another raid on terrorists suspected of hiding inside the country.

I especially love this bit:

Quote:
He will say that Washington's decision to launch the raid without consulting Islamabad had plunged military and political relations between the frosty allies to a new low.

No, it didn't. It's the international impression (i.e. Joke) that your military/intelligence apparatus is either corrupt backdealing against us or fucking incompetent as hell this side of the Keystone Cops.

Go fuck yourself. Seriously.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...Laden-raid.html

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #602482
05/09/11 08:47 AM
05/09/11 08:47 AM
New York
SC Offline OP
Consigliere
SC  Offline OP
Consigliere

New York

Quote:
Pakistan's prime minister will on Monday warn the United States it will defend its air space if American forces mount another raid on terrorists suspected of hiding inside the country.

Quote:
He will say that Washington's decision to launch the raid without consulting Islamabad had plunged military and political relations between the frosty allies to a new low.

Are we still giving billions of dollars of aid to Pakistan?

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602491
05/09/11 11:17 AM
05/09/11 11:17 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I know we still give them aid, but not sure of the amount. Didn't they ever hear that expression about biting the hand?? Apparently not...

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602521
05/09/11 02:52 PM
05/09/11 02:52 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Condescending, no?

PM: Failure to find bin Laden not Pakistan's alone

Quote:
Pakistan's prime minister defended his nation's military and intelligence services on Monday and said Pakistan was not solely to blame for the failure to detect Osama bin Laden's presence in a garrison town close to the capital.

No it makes you look impotent.

Quote:
Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, in his first address to parliament since the covert U.S. raid that killed the al-Qaida chief a week ago, lashed out at allegations Pakistan knew where bin Laden was hiding, though he offered no details on what the country did know about his location. He also warned the U.S. that any unilateral raids in the future would be met with "full force."

Yes little doggy, growl! Everyone knows you won't do shit if we fire off some more drones or raids. You like our money too much. When you're sucking us off to get the dough, sometimes you have to swallow.

Quote:

"It is disingenuous for anyone to blame Pakistan or state institutions of Pakistan, including the ISI and the armed forces, for being in cahoots with al-Qaida," Gilani said. "Elimination of Osama bin Laden, who launched waves after waves of terrorists attacks against innocent Pakistanis, is indeed justice done."

I think the ISI trained/funded Taliban can be more blamed for that but what do I know?

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602522
05/09/11 02:55 PM
05/09/11 02:55 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
National impotency tends to feed on (stupid) speculations.

Fear that U.S. could grab nuclear arsenal heightens Pakistani anger

Quote:
Last week's U.S. raid into Pakistan is fueling one of the country's most enduring—and potentially dangerous—conspiracy theories: that the U.S. has designs on Pakistan's nuclear arsenal and is prepared to send highly trained commandos into the country to seize control of the weapons.

The pervasive Pakistani belief that the U.S. would be willing and able to effectively steal the country's nuclear weapons helps explain Islamabad's surprisingly aggressive official response to the Navy SEAL assault that killed Osama bin Laden, the world's most wanted terrorist.

Gen. Ashfaq Kayani, the head of Pakistan's armed forces, released a blistering public statement late last week condemning the U.S. assault and warning that he would order his troops to use armed force against any American troops who entered Pakistan in the future in pursuit of other wanted militants.

Kayani's statement also made explicit reference to his country's nuclear arsenal, which he promised to fully defend against any potential American-led efforts to take control of the weapons.

Has anyone ever noticed that everyone panics over Pakistan's nukes, but nobody does with India's nukes? JUST SAYING.

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602525
05/09/11 03:02 PM
05/09/11 03:02 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
I think the local papers there will love this.

US, Pakistan struck secret deal in 2001 permitting US operation against bin Laden on Pakistani soil

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/09/osama-bin-laden-us-pakistan-deal

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #602532
05/09/11 03:29 PM
05/09/11 03:29 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Pakistan Prime Minister to warn US over Osama bin Laden raid

I especially love this bit:

Quote:

Well, I can see this scenario playing out right before my mind's eye:

1. We consult with Pakistani officials in Islamabad, share our intelligence and let them know our plans.

2. Informers alert bin Laden, US forces raid empty compound.

A real no-brainer, if you ask me.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: Signor Vitelli] #602541
05/09/11 04:25 PM
05/09/11 04:25 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
A Navy Seal walks into a bar and Orders a "Bin Laden."

Brtender says, what's that?

Seal says: "Two shots and a splash."

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: Sicilian Babe] #602543
05/09/11 05:34 PM
05/09/11 05:34 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I know we still give them aid, but not sure of the amount. Didn't they ever hear that expression about biting the hand?? Apparently not...

We should send them a check for $1, and tell them "good luck with it".

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: Just Lou] #602546
05/09/11 05:44 PM
05/09/11 05:44 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California

Q How do you play Taliban bingo?
A: B-52...F-16...B-1...

Q: How is Bin Laden like Fred Flintstone?
A: Both may look out their windows and see Rubble.

Q: What is the Taliban's national bird?
A: Duck

lol

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602554
05/09/11 06:28 PM
05/09/11 06:28 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Is this hilarious? Where do these type of people come from?

"The most notorious, and arguably most amateur Situation Room Photoshop however, came from Orthodox Hasidic Jewish newspaper, Der Tzitung, in which Hillary Clinton is completely removed from the photo. Unlike the memes making the rounds, this 'shop wasn't done for lulz. The newspaper wasn't looking to visually change history either — just maintain its own. The highly religious newspaper never publishes pictures of women on account of it could be "sexually suggestive."

The Secretary of State wasn't the only temptress taken out of the photo. Counterterrorism analyst Audrey Thomason, seen standing way way in the back, was also obliterated from the photo."

Last edited by olivant; 05/09/11 06:29 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: olivant] #602555
05/09/11 06:31 PM
05/09/11 06:31 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Oli,

I heard this story earlier. Unbelievable isn't it? rolleyes I assume they weren't going for a professional looking photo, but talk about a photo shopped. rolleyes

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 05/09/11 06:32 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead [Re: SC] #602605
05/10/11 01:48 AM
05/10/11 01:48 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Well, in terms of what they're fighting for, that being sending women where they belong. i.e. kitchen, these religious nut-jobs regardless of their religion even might get along. Not sure why they are hating each other. lol

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull