GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Ciment, TheKillingJoke, Toodoped, 1 invisible), 62 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,123
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,385
Posts1,059,734
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 141 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 140 141
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #599686
04/11/11 02:15 PM
04/11/11 02:15 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline OP
ronnierocketAGO  Offline OP
R

East Tennessee
Before you automatically discount the source of this allegation, just remember: This was the same sleazy tabloid paper which broke similar news on Jesse Jackson and John Edwards before the rest of the "respected" media did.

Just saying.

National Enquirer: Todd Palin has a Love Child

http://theimmoralminority.blogspot.com/2011/04/todd-palins-love-child-does-national.html

A blogger (and author of upcoming "real book" about Mrs. Palin, just saying):

Quote:
National Enquirer out with a story about Todd’s “love child.” http://bit.ly/e1j9km

I heard the story from a number of people last summer. Basic version is that it’s a boy now in his late teens and that the mother is an old flame of Todd’s from his hometown of Dillingham. I haven’t yet been able to confirm this, but I won’t be delivering my final chapter until June.

http://www.joemcginniss.net/todds-love-child/Joe%20McGinniss

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 04/11/11 02:16 PM.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #599706
04/11/11 07:34 PM
04/11/11 07:34 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Romney in _ almost _ announcing exploratory effort

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, the closest to a front-runner in a wide-open Republican field, took a major step toward a second White House candidacy Monday, formally announcing a campaign exploratory committee.

Romney declared that "with able leadership, America's best days are still ahead," vigorously asserting that President Barack Obama had failed to provide it.

The Republican, who has been plotting a comeback since losing the GOP presidential nomination to John McCain three years ago, offered himself as the person best able to lead a country struggling to recover from economic crisis.

"It is time that we put America back on a course of greatness with a growing economy, good jobs and fiscal discipline in Washington," Romney, a former venture capitalist with a record of turning around failing companies, said in a video posted on his website and on Facebook. He also announced the formation of the committee, which will allow him to raise money, in a Twitter message.

Romney's move had been expected and a full-fledged campaign is a near certainty. He has traveled across the country to meet in private with donors and sound out their support. His political committee's headquarters near Boston has been bulking up. And in his few public appearances, he has honed his criticism of Obama.

Romney's strengths are substantial: He's well known and he's an experienced campaigner. He has a personal fortune and an existing network of donors. He has a successful businessman's record.

But his challenges are big, too. They include a record of changing positions on social issues including abortion and gay rights, shifts that have left conservatives questioning his sincerity. He also has struggled to allay some skeptics of his Mormon faith.

Romney oversaw a health care law enacted in Massachusetts that's similar to Obama's national health overhaul, which conservatives despise. His announcement video didn't mention either law.

He invested more than $40 million of his own money in the 2008 race and counted on early wins in Iowa and New Hampshire that never materialized. He tried to run to the right of the pack but couldn't persuade enough GOP primary voters.

Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty has also taken the initial steps toward a White House run in 2012, setting up an exploratory committee. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich is laying the groundwork for an early May announcement.

Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour, former Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania and Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann are also putting together political machines for potential presidential runs.

All are auditioning for the chance to take on Obama, who is seeking a second term asking voters to let him finish the job he won in 2008. An ailing economy and an anxious electorate both dog the president, who won election on the promise of change but now has a record that defines him.

Romney hammered Obama's stewardship of the economy and offered a preview of his expected campaign theme: He is a proven business executive while Obama remains unqualified to repair a fractured economy.

"President Obama's policies have failed. He and virtually all the people around him have never worked in the real economy. They just don't know how jobs are created in the private sector."

Then Romney makes the case for himself.

"From my vantage point in business and in government, I have become convinced that America has been put on a dangerous course by Washington politicians, and it has become even worse during the last two years," he said. "But I am also convinced that with able leadership, America's best days are still ahead."

Romney, the son of a former governor of Michigan, met his future wife when he was 18 and she was 15, just before he departed for college and then more than two years of Mormon missionary work in France. The couple had five sons, while Mitt Romney went on to earn millions as a business consultant and venture capitalist.

While heading Bain Capital, he helped launch the Staples office supply chain, as well as buy Domino's Pizza.

His public career began in 1999, when he was recruited to take over the 2002 Winter Olympics after scandal and financial deficits threatened the Salt Lake City games.

In 2003, he took over as governor of Massachusetts after a campaign in which he cast himself as a moderate on abortion, gay rights and stem cell research. He had sounded many of the same themes during an unsuccessful 1994 U.S. Senate race against Democrat Edward M. Kennedy.

He chose not to seek a second term and instead turned his sights to the White House.

Copyright © 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #599711
04/11/11 09:46 PM
04/11/11 09:46 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #599772
04/12/11 01:28 PM
04/12/11 01:28 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
train wreck! train wreck! train wreck!

Trump: I'll run as Independent if I don't win GOP Nomination

Quote:
Donald Trump will “probably” run as an independent candidate for U.S. President in 2012 if he does not receive the Republican party’s nomination, he told the Wall Street Journal in a video interview on Monday.

Mr. Trump’s candidacy would complicate matters for the GOP as it looks to front someone who can unite the fractious party and mount a serious challenge to President Obama’s reelection bid. A recent Wall Street Journal/NBC poll recently found Mr. Trump tied for second place with former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee among likely voters in a GOP primary. Mitt Romney, the former Massachusetts governor who moved a step closer to formally declaring his own candidacy Monday, is still the frontrunner, though not by a wide margin.

“I think the Republicans are very concerned that I [may] run as an independent,” Mr. Trump said. His support is highest among the conservative wing of the party, not least because he is among the so-called “birthers” who doubt that President Obama in fact was born in the U.S. “It’s a very important issue,” Mr. Trump said of demanding that President Obama show his birth certificate, which has separately been reviewed by the media and deemed legitimate. “I’m not ashamed of having raised that issue.”

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/04/11...J_Election_Blog

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #599773
04/12/11 01:32 PM
04/12/11 01:32 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I don't know!!! Do you really believe it??

I also read he met with Huckabee recently and there was a suggestion of a Huckabee/Trump ticket. Would he possibly consider VP? confused

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #599779
04/12/11 02:12 PM
04/12/11 02:12 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Next.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Election 2012 [Re: olivant] #599781
04/12/11 02:25 PM
04/12/11 02:25 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
This motley crew shows you just what the Grand Old Party has been reduced to. They just don't have anyone who can win in 2012, so they keep trotting out has beens and (I can't believe I'm posting this) reality tv stars. But to be fair, I realize that politics are cyclical. Back in 2004 the Dems were practically in the same boat, and in 2016 it'll probably shift again.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #599788
04/12/11 03:51 PM
04/12/11 03:51 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
If the GOP leadership is getting hammered tonight at the local watering hole, I can't blame them.

Quote:
Exit polls showed independents supporting the GOP by a 19 point margin last year at 56-37. Now only 30% of those voters think that the Republican controlled House is moving things in the right direction, compared to 44% who think things were better with the Democrats. Given those numbers it's not much of a surprise that independents now say they'd vote Democratic for the House by a 42-33 margin if there was an election today, representing a 28 point reversal in a span of just five months.

Ouch.

Spelling out the obvious, which Pizza already pointed out:

Quote:
These poll numbers also point to the reality that Republicans taking control of the House may have been one of the best things that could possibly have happened for Obama's reelection prospects. Although we found the President with slightly negative approval numbers on this poll, when asked whether they had more faith in Obama or Congressional Republicans to lead the country in the right direction 48% of voters picked Obama to only 42% who went with Congressional Republicans. Voters may not love Obama as once they did but they're finding him to be more reasonable than the alternative and that means it will be hard for the GOP to knock him off next year without a top notch nominee.

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/04/bad-news-for-congressional-republicans.html

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 04/12/11 03:54 PM.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #599789
04/12/11 03:52 PM
04/12/11 03:52 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Trump?? #2 on the ticket? Not a chance.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #599792
04/12/11 04:21 PM
04/12/11 04:21 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
CNN Poll: Donald Trump Ties Huckabee For Lead In GOP Primary

Quote:
In the poll of self-identified Republican adults, Trump and Huckabee tied for first at 19%, followed by Palin at 12%, and Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney at 11% each. Ron Paul placed sixth with 7%, and was trailed by Michele Bachmann (5%), Mitch Daniels (3%), Tim Pawlenty (2%), and Rick Santorum (2%).

Trump posted the biggest gain by far in the latest poll. One month ago, CNN pegged his support at 10%, good for fifth place. But since then, Trump has gone on a media blitz, appearing on cable news shows and repeatedly flogging old conspiracies on the long-since settled issue of President Obama's citizenship.

This is the second poll in as many weeks to show Trump giving the establishment candidates a run for their money. Last week, an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll showed Trump running in second place at 17%, just behind frontrunner Romney's 21%.

Romney fell furthest in the CNN survey since March, dropping seven points from his second place finish one month ago.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #599802
04/12/11 05:55 PM
04/12/11 05:55 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
5 challenges for front-runner Mitt Romney

Good article, with an early line that says it best about George Romney's seed:

Quote:
No conversation about the former Massachusetts governor begins with a listing of his strengths as a candidate. Instead, Romney is the rare national politician defined largely by his shortcomings.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0411/52981.html#ixzz1JLf93O40

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #599804
04/12/11 06:05 PM
04/12/11 06:05 PM
California

California
I am amazed (and amused) at the lack of good candidates on the GOP side this election (thus far). I can imagine how the party must feel. lol BTW, I remember Mitt's father, George Romney, who was the Governor of my home state in Michigan way back when.

Yet, IF I absolutely had to pick out of the GOP field, I would reluctantly go with Romney, because....well, I guess he seems the most "normal" of the bunch. Thing is, at this point, I don't think he's odds are that good.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Election 2012 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #599827
04/12/11 11:04 PM
04/12/11 11:04 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I am amazed (and amused) at the lack of good candidates on the GOP side this election (thus far). I can imagine how the party must feel. lol BTW, I remember Mitt's father, George Romney, who was the Governor of my home state in Michigan way back when.

I know its absolutely mean and tasteless, but I would ROTFL if one of the candidates during a primary debate make a "brainwashing" joke regarding Mittens' flip-flop on HCR. It would certainly run in the family.

Quote:
Yet, IF I absolutely had to pick out of the GOP field, I would reluctantly go with Romney, because....well, I guess he seems the most "normal" of the bunch. Thing is, at this point, I don't think he's odds are that good.

TIS

Honestly, he's (right now at least) the only one that tries to act "Presidential," or comes off as such in public.

Or in other words doesn't pick fights with Natalie Portman or send Birther investigator to Hawaii or try to sport a new southern twang tongue or fight for the spotlight on Fox News.

It's a start.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #599875
04/13/11 12:48 PM
04/13/11 12:48 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Terrific piece by Salon on Trump '12.

Donald Trump is losing it: God help us, the man might be serious

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2011/04/12/donald_trump_serious

Here's a peak, a snippet from his recent interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network:

Quote:
Trump: Well I get sent Bibles by a lot of people.

Brody: Where are all those Bibles?

Trump: Actually, we keep them at a certain place. A very nice place. But people send me Bibles. And you know it's very interesting. I get so much mail and because I'm in this incredible location in Manhattan you can't keep most of the mail you get.

There's no way I would ever throw anything, to do anything negative to a Bible, so what we do is we keep all of the Bibles.

I would have a fear of doing something other than very positive so actually I store them and keep them and sometimes give them away to other people but I do get sent a lot of Bibles and I like that. I think that's great.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #599876
04/13/11 12:52 PM
04/13/11 12:52 PM
California

California
Now, what's this about Pawlenty? Yesterday I hear he says he's running for President and now today he said it was taken out of context???? lol Laurel and Hardy theme is going thru my mind.

TIS

Re: Election 2012 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #599877
04/13/11 12:55 PM
04/13/11 12:55 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Now, what's this about Pawlenty? Yesterday I hear he says he's running for President and now today he said it was taken out of context????

Yeah, he said pawlenty but none of it made any sense.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #599879
04/13/11 01:19 PM
04/13/11 01:19 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
The whole Bill Cosby/Donald Trump thing is quite interesting. I liked Cosby's, "The only thing that's running is his mouth."

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/42549445/ns/today-today_people/

I liked the observation on Good Day NY this morning re: Trump's position in the polls. Anchor Greg Kelly noted that Giuliani had placed this high in the polls prior to the last election's primary, and look how that ended. Ouch!

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Election 2012 [Re: Sicilian Babe] #599882
04/13/11 01:42 PM
04/13/11 01:42 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Michael Daly of the New York Daily News wrote what I think is the definitive article about Trump in yesterday's paper.

Donald Trump's birther nonsense is a deplorable distraction from the issues - time to trash him

Michael Daly, NY Daily News

Tuesday, April 12th 2011

Let's just fire him.

Let's banish him from our thoughts and forget him.

Let's not even mention his name.

I don't even want to type it.

Here we are in the midst of our longest war and ongoing financial calamity and this guy tries to get attention for himself with this birther nonsense about our President and commander in chief.

This birther-in-chief is not even a clown.

Clowns know they are being absurd.

In case you don't know who I'm talking about, I'll give you some hints.

Most bizarre hairdo in New York.

Most overinflated ego in New York.

Ugliest buildings in New York.

Tacky, tacky, tacky.

Still don't know? I'll give you some more hints.

Vulgar, vulgar, vulgar.

Pout of a trout, preen of a peacock.

Casinos that lose money.

Foreign banks bamboozled by the myth into giving him excessive loans.

Millions of business wanna-bes bamboozled by the myth into believing he is some kind of role model.

Billionaire who often seems to owe more than he owns.

Germophobe known to open doors with his elbow.

Truthophobe known to put his foot in his mouth.

Rented land in Westchester to Moammar Khadafy in 2009 so the dictator could pitch his Bedouin tent.

When caught doing it, claimed via a spokesman the land was "leased on a short term basis to Middle Eastern partners, who may or may not have a relationship with Mr. Khadafy."

"We are looking into the matter ..." and said he had "no idea" Khadafy was the tenant.

Seemed to completely forget that statement when he subsequently bragged on CNN, "With Khadafy... I got in one night more money than I would have gotten all year for this piece of land up in Westchester and then didn't let him use it. That's called being intelligent."

When CNN asked if he had retained the Khadafy money said, "Do I still have it? What does that mean?"

Reported that he had given the money to charity. Then declared it had all been part of a brilliant plan.

Told CNN, "In fact, I said, when I did it, I'm gonna take Khadafy's money, I'm not gonna make it easy on him, and I'm going to give the money to charity."

Now says this is how foreign policy should be conducted.

"I don't want to use the word 'screwed,' but I screwed him. That's what we should be doing."

And this is a guy who is talking about running for President.

Somehow, he ran second in a presidential poll of likely Republican voters in New Hampshire.

Maybe the Republicans up there are as bamboozled as the foreign banks and the business wanna-bes.

Only, with this birther nonsense, there is no longer any excuse for being fooled.

He showed that to promote himself he is willing to play on the paranoid imaginings of folks whose real problem with Barack Obama has nothing to do with the place of his birth.

What they cannot stand is that Obama was born black and proved we really are a country where anybody can grow up to become President.

They are obsessed with finding some way to cast Obama as an Other, ineligible to be President.

"Hey, he can't be President," they say. "He's bla... I mean foreign-born."

Anybody who seeks to capitalize on that deserves to be fired - and forgotten.

mdaly@nydailynews.com

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics...l#ixzz1JQU1RyNs

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Sicilian Babe] #599883
04/13/11 01:56 PM
04/13/11 01:56 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
The whole Bill Cosby/Donald Trump thing is quite interesting. I liked Cosby's, "The only thing that's running is his mouth."

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/42549445/ns/today-today_people/

I liked the observation on Good Day NY this morning re: Trump's position in the polls. Anchor Greg Kelly noted that Giuliani had placed this high in the polls prior to the last election's primary, and look how that ended. Ouch!

When is the election? November of 2012? 18 months from now?
What's the relevance of a presidential poll at the distance of 18 months from the election? Trump is new and he's loud; such candidates always draw early attention.

By the way,it really doesn't matter. The world ends on December 21, 2012 anyway.

Last edited by olivant; 04/13/11 01:57 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #599885
04/13/11 02:05 PM
04/13/11 02:05 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
There are alot of good reasons to vote against an Obama re-election.

The "Birther" garbage? Not one of them.

I've said it before, but I rank that nonsense on the level of the 9/11 Conspiracy people. You have the American right to express that belief (no matter how much logic, reality, and evidence are against you) but please please stay away and don't talk to me again.

After you do that, I'll wonder why parents let their kids eat paint chips.

Fun Fact: Notable 9/11 Conspiracy believer? Charlie Sheen. Way to go Donald, you're on Chuck's level.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #599887
04/13/11 03:17 PM
04/13/11 03:17 PM
Chicago Underworld
Frank_Nitti Offline
"The Enforcer"
Frank_Nitti  Offline
"The Enforcer"
Underboss
Chicago Underworld
Well, not to exclude myself from yours or anyone elses company, rrA, but is there not even an ounce of validity to Trump's birther nonsense?

Did the President not spend time and money in an attempt to get the citizenship provision thrown out? As I've heard it, the version of the Hawaiian birth certificate he produced was an older version that didn't specify birth particulars (or something like this), and he's spent perhaps millions in an effort to reserve his right to keep that birth certificate secret.

I'm not passing judgement either way, but I just don't think we know all the facts yet.

And I find it ironic that many articles such as the one posted above claim Mr. Trump is not focusing on the issues, only to then begin discussing his hair and other non essentials.

My issue with these type of retorts (I do not possess enough knowledge to dispute it factually either way) is that it seems to come prepackaged with an agenda. As an article that seeks to discredit Mr. Trump's statements as slander, I feel that it is inappropriate to insert their own slanderous agenda into the facts.

Having an opinion is one thing, but statements like 'Most bizarre hairdo in New York' undermines the validity of the facts by presenting them in a manner that can be perceived as bias; the very thing the article and others accuse Mr. Trump of regarding the President's citizenship.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Frank_Nitti] #599889
04/13/11 03:59 PM
04/13/11 03:59 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
No. There is no ounce of validity to the birther nonsense. None. The fact that so many people believe there is because they desperately want to believe it.

This is discussed both exhaustively and in a humorous manner here and here and here and here.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: Lilo] #599890
04/13/11 04:10 PM
04/13/11 04:10 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: Lilo
No. There is no ounce of validity to the birther nonsense. None. The fact that so many people believe there is because they desperately want to believe it.

This is discussed both exhaustively and in a humorous manner here and here and here and here.

You're right Lilo. I was hesitant to chime in because like you say people who want to believe it simply won't be swayed. I know it was debunked by the then Republican governor of Hawaii during the election and again by the current Democrat governor.

Here's one more recent article AGAIN debunking it:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42519951/ns/politics-more_politics/

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 04/13/11 04:11 PM.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #599895
04/13/11 05:03 PM
04/13/11 05:03 PM
Chicago Underworld
Frank_Nitti Offline
"The Enforcer"
Frank_Nitti  Offline
"The Enforcer"
Underboss
Chicago Underworld
What I don't understand is why they won't release a copy of the original certificate and put an end to all of this damn nonsense.

Don't we all have atleast a copy of our original birth certificate? I know I do. It's printed on decades-old aged paper and has a doctor's hand written signature on it. I don't think I've ever met anyone who didn't keep such an article in their possession excepting this President.

So who's grasping for straws and "wanting to believe" something??? I dont know.

(Sorry if I'm being divisive or repetitive, ohwell I appreciate your responses...but I get so tired of the supposed tolerant Left constantly labeling those who disagree with them as 'morons' and 'crazies.' It's no wonder these people get smacked in the mouth when they actually step out in public and talk like that.)

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #599943
04/14/11 09:06 AM
04/14/11 09:06 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Former Senator Rick "Man on Dog" Santorum has formed an exploratory committee:

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/...tee.php?ref=fpi

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Frank_Nitti] #599944
04/14/11 09:29 AM
04/14/11 09:29 AM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: Frank_Nitti
What I don't understand is why they won't release a copy of the original certificate and put an end to all of this damn nonsense.

Don't we all have atleast a copy of our original birth certificate? I know I do. It's printed on decades-old aged paper and has a doctor's hand written signature on it. I don't think I've ever met anyone who didn't keep such an article in their possession excepting this President.

So who's grasping for straws and "wanting to believe" something??? I dont know.

(Sorry if I'm being divisive or repetitive, ohwell I appreciate your responses...but I get so tired of the supposed tolerant Left constantly labeling those who disagree with them as 'morons' and 'crazies.' It's no wonder these people get smacked in the mouth when they actually step out in public and talk like that.)

Do you honestly think releasing it would make a difference? You don't think the Trumps of the world would cry out "forgery" and still continue with this monumental waste of time? The normally respected Annenberg Foundation is being labeled as a tool of the President's because he was on the board of one of the branches of theirs, yet they saw and acknowledged that the certificate was fine. As did the officials of Hawaii, who noted that they were GOP supporters of McCain said it was OK. This is the issue Trump centers on?

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #599949
04/14/11 10:37 AM
04/14/11 10:37 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Thanks to a recent Hawaii legislature bill, you can secure a copy of the birth certificate: For a $100 charge. (Give them credit for ingenious capitalizing on stupid people.)

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #599950
04/14/11 10:46 AM
04/14/11 10:46 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Speaking of Birth conspiracies, since she's dancing the Birther nonsense with her delicate dance (I don't think its true but its worth exploring!), what about the Sarah Palin-isn't-Trig's-Mama-but-Really-It-Was-Britol's-Baby Theory that's been floating around since '08?

http://www.businessinsider.com/sarah-palin-baby-hoax-2011-4?op=1#ixzz1JVXWJAqJ

I don't believe it (for too many reasons to list here), but in bi-partisan fashion let's try to spread the nutty Net partisan conspiracy around.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 04/14/11 10:47 AM.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #599951
04/14/11 10:56 AM
04/14/11 10:56 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Some backbone is nice.

Get real, Trump: Romney wades into Obama citizenship row to dismiss 'birther' conspiracy

Quote:
Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney has told Donald Trump it's time to stop questioning Barack Obama's citizenship.

The former Massachusetts governor said he now believes that President Obama was born in the U.S. The comments come after several of Romney's fellow GOPers, including Trump and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, publically questioned Obama's citizenship, despite the fact his Hawaii birth has been confirmed by Aloha State officials.

Property tycoon Trump has stated he believes Obama was born in Kenya and claims to have sent a team of investigators to Hawaii to get to the bottom of the scandal. But Romney told CNBC's Kudlow Report: 'The citizenship test has been passed.

'There are real reasons to get this guy out of office … but his citizenship isn't the reason why.'

Source: The Daily Mail

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #599955
04/14/11 11:08 AM
04/14/11 11:08 AM
California

California
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Thanks to a recent Hawaii legislature bill, you can secure a copy of the birth certificate: For a $100 charge. (Give them credit for ingenious capitalizing on stupid people.)

They added that charge because so many people were asking for copies of Obama's. Two governors (one Rep. and one Dem) have confirmed and both have said that is what their B.C. look like.

Btw, I don't expect to change anyone's mind who doesn't want to believe it, but my son-in-law was born in Hawaii. It was only because my daughter and SIL had to replace lost SS cards that I saw his birth certificate. Guess what???? It looks just like the one Obama has that the birthers are bitching about. He was able to obtain a SS and passport and other necessary paperwork with it without any questions. I don't know that he has aspirations to be President, but I'm guessing it would be sufficient. I say some people simply have to get over it, but doubt they will. rolleyes

TIS

Page 7 of 141 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 140 141

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull