GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Mafia101, RushStreet, 1 invisible), 401 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,590
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,063
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,366
Posts1,059,441
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 39 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 38 39
Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: Signor Vitelli] #594051
02/12/11 05:01 PM
02/12/11 05:01 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: Signor Vitelli
But I thought you didn't care for cheese? Or am I confusing it with something else?

Love cheese but can't eat it away from
home.

(I wrote on two lines so you can read between them).

Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: SC] #594062
02/12/11 08:22 PM
02/12/11 08:22 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Capeesh... shhh

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: Signor Vitelli] #594667
02/16/11 03:05 PM
02/16/11 03:05 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
The Daily News announced their annual "Best Cheeseburger in New York" yesterday.

The Corner Bistro on West 4th Street in Greenwich Village won.

The Dumont Diner in Williamsburg tied with the Crosstown Diner in Throggs Neck for runner-up. I'm only mentioning this because the Crosstown Diner is just a few blocks from my house, and I have coffee there almost every morning.

The funny thing is, I can't remember the last time I had a burger there lol.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_localnyc/b...-diner-good-too

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #594941
02/20/11 09:08 AM
02/20/11 09:08 AM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
"He's still alive! He put away five chili dogs and he's still alive!" eek

On the other hand, I hadn't eaten for around fifteen hours...

Perhaps this is why I'm not losing any weight?

Signor V.

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: Signor Vitelli] #594958
02/20/11 01:58 PM
02/20/11 01:58 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: Signor Vitelli
I hadn't eaten for around fifteen hours...

Perhaps this is why I'm not losing any weight?

The five chili dogs aside, it probably is the reason that you are NOT losing any weight! 15 hours is way too long, especially for people at our age. You need to "fuel" your body in order to get your metabolism going...which in turn helps you burn off unneeded fat. This does not mean that you should eat 2 cheeseburgers or two Italian hero sandwiches to get the metabolism going, ( Lord knows I wish that were the case! )

But you should try not to go too many hours without eating otherwise your body will not burn off the unwanted fat and whatever you do wind up eating after waiting a long time will just produce more fat, causing you to eventually gain more weight.

Now enough with the health questions and answers! This is a random food WHORING topic which to me means talking about eating foods that are NOT healthy and good for you! lol wink

....Now pass the peppers and sauseeege!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: J Geoff] #596616
03/08/11 06:54 AM
03/08/11 06:54 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Paczki

Paczki pie? Charity paczki? The sweet Polish dough balls have become big business in Hamtramck, spawning a slew of different paczki-themed treats to use up flour and lard before Ash Wednesday.

While some folks will inhale the sweet treats at Hamtramck's annual paczek-eating contest at noon today at the Polish Legion of American Veterans Post 10, here's a guide for those who would like to appreciate the various kinds of paczki now available:
The Paczki Bomb

What started out as a late-day experiment with leftover paczki at Small's Bar, 10339 Conant in Hamtramck, in 2008 has blossomed into a trend -- liquor-infused paczki....

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: Lilo] #596796
03/09/11 01:55 PM
03/09/11 01:55 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I just fried up some red peppers with a clove of crushed garlic and a small sliced red onion in some good olive oil. Ate it with a full loaf of seeded bread (Bastone style Italian bread). I really feel bad for people who can't cook such simple things for themselves.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: J Geoff] #596805
03/09/11 02:29 PM
03/09/11 02:29 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Maybe YOU should be living in Mt. Kisco with Governor Cuomo!!!

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #596806
03/09/11 02:31 PM
03/09/11 02:31 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

If he'll pay the taxes lol.

Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #596821
03/09/11 03:04 PM
03/09/11 03:04 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

If he'll pay the taxes lol.

Did some more surfing and found this comment. rolleyes

This is a woman who will throw away a half of container of cool whip but at the same time, suggest you save her homemade "shake and bake" after she uses it on raw chicken and doesn't even so much as put it in the refrigerator. Then she heads on out to the yard to get some leaves that quite possibly could have been peed on by some animal, uses clothes pins to attach them to her stemware and calls it "festive" and "beautiful". How this woman got her own show doing things like this is beyond me.
People who need to leave now: Sandra Lee

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: J Geoff] #596823
03/09/11 03:08 PM
03/09/11 03:08 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry
• 1 lemon
• 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
• 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
• 2 teaspoons cornstarch
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
• 10 ounces mushrooms, halved or quartered
• 1 cup diagonally sliced carrots ( 1/4-inch thick)
• 2 cups snow peas (6 ounces), stems and strings removed
• 1 bunch scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces, greens and whites separated
• 1 tablespoon chopped garlic

Grate 1 teaspoon lemon zest and set aside. Juice the lemon and whisk 3 tablespoons of the juice with broth, soy sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl.

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate with tongs. Add mushrooms and carrots to the pan and cook until the carrots are just tender, about 5 minutes. Add snow peas, scallion whites, garlic and the reserved lemon zest. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Whisk the broth mixture and add to the pan; cook, stirring, until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add scallion greens and the chicken and any accumulated juices; cook, stirring, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Makes 4 servings, about 1 1/2 cups each.
Article

Winter is Coming

Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: Lilo] #596824
03/09/11 03:09 PM
03/09/11 03:09 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Yeah, real gourmands (like us!) think she's a joke. But she's obviously a very shrewd businesswoman. She's worth a ton of bread today.

Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: J Geoff] #596830
03/09/11 03:38 PM
03/09/11 03:38 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
More power to her, I say! She exists to relieve the collective guilty conscience of the American working mom. I'm not serving my family crap! It's SEMI-homemade! American working moms, here's a hint. Cook up a storm on Saturday and Sunday and you won't HAVE to worry about throwing together a 10 minute meal. I used to spend my weekends making stews, soups, sauce with meatballs, pot roasts, all the kind of stuff that I could store and use during the week.

Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: J Geoff] #598433
03/24/11 11:39 AM
03/24/11 11:39 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Has anyone in NY been to the restaurant mentioned here, Barbuto?

Waxman

JONATHAN WAXMAN wasn’t trying to channel Frank Sinatra with the title of his new cookbook, “Italian, My Way” (Simon & Schuster, $32).

“That was my editor’s idea,” Mr. Waxman said, “even though I love Frank Sinatra.”

But he insisted on writing the book himself, without relying on an experienced author as chefs usually do.

“There was a co-writer for my first book who kept putting in stuff that wasn’t me,” he said on a recent sunny afternoon after the lunch crowd had cleared out at Barbuto, his restaurant in the West Village. “I looked at those little blocks of text and I said to myself, ‘I can do that kind of thing.’ “

His refreshingly offhand, often irreverent voice is certainly there. Here’s how he introduces his recipe for gnocchi with spring vegetables and basil: “I’ve never liked the renditions of gnocchi that I’ve eaten in Italy and America. They were always gummy, covered with béchamel or another yucky sauce.”

Opinions like that back up the “My Way.” But how Italian food became his own, how he put aside beurre blanc for olive oil, that’s a longer story.

Mr. Waxman, a California native who recently turned 60, studied to be a chef at La Varenne in France after realizing he was unlikely to play the trombone professionally. He dreamed of working at Lutèce, but before he could knock on André Soltner’s door, he was sidetracked and became a standard-bearer for the new California cuisine. There were stints at Chez Panisse and Michael’s in Santa Monica, Calif., his first important showcase.

The turning point came in 1984 when he opened Jams in New York. It was a vividly memorable restaurant on East 79th Street with Frank Stella graphics on the walls, California vintages on the wine list, waiters in chinos and a menu that made New Yorkers pay attention to salad and chicken worth eating. With the demise of Jams in 1990, though, Mr. Waxman entered a culinary wilderness for a decade, with brief involvements here and there.

Then he heard the siren call of spaghetti. His friend Tom Colicchio notes in the foreword to the book that in the way Mr. Waxman handled ingredients, “Jonathan has always been, without talking about it and maybe without realizing it himself, an Italian chef.”

The literal transformation began one evening about 10 years ago. He invited a neighbor, Fabrizio Ferri, a fashion photographer, and his wife, Alessandra Ferri, who was a principal with American Ballet Theater, to come to his apartment on the Upper West Side for a bite to eat. Mr. Waxman made Italian food.

“Ferri told me I cooked like his Roman grandmother, simply and with spontaneity,” Mr. Waxman said.

He began to think of the Italian cooking that inspired him at Piero Selvaggio’s Valentino in Santa Monica, Tony May’s San Domenico in Manhattan, Mauro Vincenti’s Rex II in Los Angeles and even the less illustrious Little Joe’s in the Bay area, where he grew up. He would travel to Italy with his friend Jeff Salaway (the late owner of Nick & Toni’s in East Hampton, who once worked at Jams), and had his honeymoon in Venice in 1995.

“It was in my blood,” Mr. Waxman said. “This was the food I was comfortable with, especially the Italian food of Venice and Liguria.”

Finally, in 2003, after insistent coaxing, Mr. Ferri persuaded Mr. Waxman to open Barbuto in what had been the garage of his Industria Superstudio building on Washington Street. Mr. Ferri is a partner. (The name is Italian for “bearded,” which describes Mr. Waxman and Mr. Ferri.) ....

Winter is Coming

Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: J Geoff] #599351
04/07/11 12:45 AM
04/07/11 12:45 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
By Amanda Chan MyHealthNewsDaily updated less than 1 minute ago 2011-04-06T22:40:31

-Heavy beer drinkers have an increased risk of gastric cancer, especially if they possess a certain gene variant, a new study suggests.

People who drink two to three beers a day for many years have a 75 percent increased risk of gastric cancer, and those who have the gene variant called rs1230025 but aren't heavy drinkers have a 30 percent higher risk of gastric cancer, compared with people who drank less than a beer daily, the study showed.

But people who are both chronic heavy beer drinkers and possess rs1230025 have a more than 700 percent increased risk of gastric cancer compared with people who consume less than one drink a day and don't have the gene variation, said study researcher Eric Duell, a senior epidemiologist at the Catalan Institute of Oncology in Barcelona, Spain. The gene variant is common and is present in about 20 percent of the general population, he said.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: olivant] #599419
04/07/11 09:55 PM
04/07/11 09:55 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
If anybody wants to see what 'tangleguts' looks like go to my FB page and look under "good country food" album.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: Mignon] #602079
05/04/11 05:06 PM
05/04/11 05:06 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution gets benched "temporarily."

ABC Wimps Out

Am I the only one here who doesn't give a rat's ass about Dancing With The Stars?

Signor V.

Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: Signor Vitelli] #602085
05/04/11 07:36 PM
05/04/11 07:36 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I'm jonesin' for a scrapple, egg, and cheese sandwich.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: XDCX] #602103
05/05/11 12:06 AM
05/05/11 12:06 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: XDCX
I'm jonesin' for a scrapple, egg, and cheese sandwich.

LOVE Scrapple! Maybe even more than Pork Roll

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: J Geoff] #602104
05/05/11 12:32 AM
05/05/11 12:32 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Mmmmm....scrapple with scrambled eggs, toast and home fries.

Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: J Geoff] #602147
05/05/11 12:09 PM
05/05/11 12:09 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
One of the many things I miss about back home... ohwell

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: XDCX] #602156
05/05/11 12:46 PM
05/05/11 12:46 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Try this:

http://wemissphillyfood.com/scrapple.asp

Go with the Habbersett wink

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: J Geoff] #602192
05/05/11 05:57 PM
05/05/11 05:57 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Off to 5 Guys... grin

Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: J Geoff] #602194
05/05/11 06:00 PM
05/05/11 06:00 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Try this:

http://wemissphillyfood.com/scrapple.asp

Go with the Habbersett wink

I just ordered 3 pounds! Thanks for the link! grin

Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: J Geoff] #602195
05/05/11 06:18 PM
05/05/11 06:18 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: J Geoff

They also sell cheesesteak sandwiches. Two for $8.00 (total one pound). Is that a good price??

Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: XDCX] #602198
05/05/11 07:05 PM
05/05/11 07:05 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: SC
They also sell cheesesteak sandwiches. Two for $8.00 (total one pound). Is that a good price??

If they're the same frozen Tony Luke's I tried from the supermarket (for $7-something), don't bother -- it's not the same. ohwell

I just ordered 3 pounds! Thanks for the link! grin

Let me know how it is -- I'm not sure I've had Habbersett, but I checked online and it's supposedly one of the best (with Dietz & Watson being no where close)

Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: J Geoff] #602222
05/06/11 09:00 AM
05/06/11 09:00 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Umm Good!
Tastes Good!!
Real Good!!!!
To each their own

Winter is Coming

Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: J Geoff] #602255
05/06/11 01:04 PM
05/06/11 01:04 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Thanks, Lilo. I just threw up in my mouth, just a little bit.

Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #602256
05/06/11 01:06 PM
05/06/11 01:06 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Mother of God!

Re: Random FOOD Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #602283
05/06/11 06:14 PM
05/06/11 06:14 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Thanks, Lilo. I just threw up in my mouth, just a little bit.

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Mother of God!

I guess they prefer..soggy eggs. lol

Winter is Coming

Page 27 of 39 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 38 39

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull