GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (furio_from_naples, m2w), 97 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,753
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,301
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,527
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,407
Posts1,060,385
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: jvanley] #597705
03/17/11 11:30 AM
03/17/11 11:30 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: jvanley
Even though it is historical factual and proven without any doubts that a man named Jesus Christ at one point walked the earth and did infact die on a cross, it is the questions to some as to what he really was.

As a matter of fact there ARE doubts in the hystorical community that Jesus Christ ever existed. There isn't any convincing evidence that "proves" he walked the earth. The only historians that provided evidence that he existed were devotedly Christians themselves.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: Sonny_Black] #597707
03/17/11 11:53 AM
03/17/11 11:53 AM
J
jvanley Offline
Made Member
jvanley  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Even though it is historical factual and proven without any doubts that a man named Jesus Christ at one point walked the earth and did infact die on a cross, it is the questions to some as to what he really was.

As a matter of fact there ARE doubts in the hystorical community that Jesus Christ ever existed. There isn't any convincing evidence that "proves" he walked the earth. The only historians that provided evidence that he existed were devotedly Christians themselves.

Ok this is getting out of hand, lets just end this now. This has gone to an opinion orientated discussion to you trying to thwart and alter historical facts.

You are trying so strongly to prove your OPINIONATED logic that you are now categorizing historians into religious segmented groups. What you are basically saying is this:

There are Muslim historians
There are Jewish historians
There are Catholic historians
There are Christian historians

And EVERYTHING they have FACTUALLY proven can logically be doubted because of their religion.

Give me a break, lets just end this now. This went from a great opinionated conversation to someone trying to say that that proven facts are in fact not so because some of the men that PROVED the facts happened to be in a religious category of "christians"

So I guess what we will have to do is pre screen all historians and do a full background check. If they are researching a fact about lets say, cheese, then they CANNOT happen to like cheese because their HISTORICAL PROVEN FACT can now be questioned because they ate a fucking piece of cheese the day before.

I have been very candid saying no one is right or wrong and these were only my beliefs as a christian. Now Sonny is taking this one step to far.

Look, if you dont believe in God, fine, done believe. But dont try to go so fucking far with your OPINION that you do what you just did.

I wouldnt care if this were about God or a steaming turd. When you are having an opinionated conversation and someone tries to alter historical facts to sway popular opinion and vote their way they are extremely insecure or just arrogant. You have to have that feeling of " I am right" in order to feel good.

I will bet Sonny people that know you do not like talking to you about topics, I.E. the Mafia, religion, food, construction, anything, because no matter if they walk you outside and have you look up, you still wont say the sky is blue.

So to end this, I will give you what you need, You are right, I am wrong.

OUT

Last edited by jvanley; 03/17/11 12:07 PM.

FatGirl:Your cute
Me:Ok
FatGirl:So you wanna buy me a drink?
Me:No
FatGirl:Why not?
Me:Well Its tricky pumpkin,If I buy u a drink, every fat girl in here would think I liked fat girls & ask me to buy them a drink also. See ,I dont like fat girls unless im wasted and given Im only one drink deep so far, so you better buy me the drink honey, cause this 20 bucks aint covering the booze and drive thru ill need to take you home tonight

08/13/2009-jvanley Spanky Bar, 3rd stool from the left
Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: jvanley] #597708
03/17/11 12:00 PM
03/17/11 12:00 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
This went from a great opinionated conversation to some fucking nut job trying to say that that proven facts are ...............

This IS getting out of hand. Debate your ideas; don't make any personal attacks.

Religion and politics often bring out deep-seated passions. Try to respect the other person's beliefs, but if you can't, don't flame him/her.

Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: SC] #597710
03/17/11 12:08 PM
03/17/11 12:08 PM
J
jvanley Offline
Made Member
jvanley  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted By: SC
This went from a great opinionated conversation to some fucking nut job trying to say that that proven facts are ...............

This IS getting out of hand. Debate your ideas; don't make any personal attacks.

Religion and politics often bring out deep-seated passions. Try to respect the other person's beliefs, but if you can't, don't flame him/her.

Changed. When I am wrong, I am wrong. you are correct and Sonny, I am sorry I made that personal attack, I really am.

Me:Well Its tricky pumpkin,If I buy u a drink, every fat girl in here would think I liked fat girls & ask me to buy them a drink also. See ,I dont like fat girls unless im wasted and given Im only one drink deep so far, so you better buy me the drink honey, cause this 20 bucks aint covering the booze and drive thru ill need to take you home tonight

Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: GaryH] #597714
03/17/11 12:33 PM
03/17/11 12:33 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
I applaud Sonny for going forward with that one and I think he's absolutely right. I have yet to see any convincing evidence that Jesus even existed. There certainly have been many things written about him, but since when do writings prove an existence? Are there any photographs or audio recordings available? What about video footage, DNA evidence, a body? Yeah, there isn't even a body. Now if Jesus is God and he wants everyone to follow him and believe in him, why make it so difficult? God is almighty? If I was God, I'd try to make sure everyone knew I existed. Why go to such great lengths to hide yourself? What a childish behavior. Now people come to me and say 'How could you say such a thing. God is in the flowers, he's in the sun, the beautiful blue sky, the animals, I see God everywhere'. Really? I see nothing but irrational statements and claims that reek more of wishful thinking than anything else. You can not expect to have an intelligent conversation if you're gonna put your faith above logic.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: GaryH] #597715
03/17/11 12:36 PM
03/17/11 12:36 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Anyway yeah, here's Joe Adonis.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: jvanley] #597717
03/17/11 01:41 PM
03/17/11 01:41 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Ok this is getting out of hand, lets just end this now.

Everytime you say this you start all over again yourself.

Quote:
This has gone to an opinion orientated discussion to you trying to thwart and alter historical facts.

Face it: there are no facts, only "signs". There are no dead remains of Jesus Christ, period.

Just because you really want to believe he existed doesn't give you the right to claim that it's unanimously accepted in the historical community, which it isn't.

You want to say otherwise. Good for you. Provide me with convincing evidence that support you're claim.

Quote:
You are trying so strongly to prove your OPINIONATED logic that you are now categorizing historians into religious segmented groups. What you are basically saying is this:

There are Muslim historians
There are Jewish historians
There are Catholic historians
There are Christian historians

To the contrary, it's you who's forcing you're own oppinion with aggressively claiming that it's "without a doubt" and a "fact" that Jesus Christ existed.

And yes, it's mostly Christian historians who claim he existed. That says enough. And once again, there is no irrefutable evidence.

Quote:
Look, if you dont believe in God, fine, done believe. But dont try to go so fucking far with your OPINION that you do what you just did.

Actually, friend, you're the one who makes a big thing out of this.

Quote:
When you are having an opinionated conversation and someone tries to alter historical facts to sway popular opinion and vote their way they are extremely insecure or just arrogant.

No, it's the popular oppinion that Jesus Christ existed, there are no historical "facts". Historical facts means that there is a tomb with remains of Jesus, which there isn't.

Quote:
I will bet Sonny people that know you do not like talking to you about topics, I.E. the Mafia, religion, food, construction, anything, because no matter if they walk you outside and have you look up, you still wont say the sky is blue.

Give me a break man... You're making a big joke out of yourself with this bullshit. It really seems that you're the one who's frustrated and is starting a fight over this. I'm not the one saying fuck this and fuck that. It's you.

And to conclude this whole useless discussion which really isn't going anywhere:

I never said Jesus never existed, I only responded to you're claim that it's an historical fact and unanimously accepted. That's all. To be honest, I don't care who's right or wrong in this discussion. Never was I trying to convince people, I was only giving my oppinion. Take it or leave it.

Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #597718
03/17/11 01:44 PM
03/17/11 01:44 PM
J
jvanley Offline
Made Member
jvanley  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
I applaud Sonny for going forward with that one and I think he's absolutely right. I have yet to see any convincing evidence that Jesus even existed. There certainly have been many things written about him, but since when do writings prove an existence? Are there any photographs or audio recordings available? What about video footage, DNA evidence, a body? Yeah, there isn't even a body. Now if Jesus is God and he wants everyone to follow him and believe in him, why make it so difficult? God is almighty? If I was God, I'd try to make sure everyone knew I existed. Why go to such great lengths to hide yourself? What a childish behavior. Now people come to me and say 'How could you say such a thing. God is in the flowers, he's in the sun, the beautiful blue sky, the animals, I see God everywhere'. Really? I see nothing but irrational statements and claims that reek more of wishful thinking than anything else. You can not expect to have an intelligent conversation if you're gonna put your faith above logic.

God has done that to everyone, Christians are the only ones who CHOOSE (key word there) to open their eyes and acknowledge his existance. And who every said "God is everywhere, he is in the flowers" is not correct. Gods love and forgiveness is everywhere but not everyone chooses to see it.

Everyone has their own free will, thats exactly the point in faith and trust. Also, how can you expect to have a logical conversation if you put your faith above logic? Easy, for Christians, Faith is logical.

Vinny, these are simply your oppinions and I respect that 100 percent, I really do, same with you Sonny B. What I would not respect is the next time someone close to you is dying, your dying, your in a plane crash and on the way down or someone sticks a barrel in your face and you say "please god help me"

Remember, Black and white....

Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: GaryH] #597726
03/17/11 02:35 PM
03/17/11 02:35 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Online content
furio_from_naples  Online Content

naples,italy

Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: jvanley] #597734
03/17/11 03:32 PM
03/17/11 03:32 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss

God has done that to everyone, Christians are the only ones who CHOOSE (key word there) to open their eyes and acknowledge his existance.

You didn't answer my question. You chose to do that, didn't you. Let's try again. Why would an almighty God hide himself? I know you believe God wants people to believe in him and serve him. Yet, he hides himself. That does nothing but create doubt and confusion. Look at what you got. You got a book, you got several different versions of that book and you got thousands of churches that all have their own special interpretation. If God is so smart, why would he hide himself and create such an extensive room for doubt? Is God a prankster? If what you are saying is the truth, then he most certainly is a prankster and personally, I wouldn't want to worship and serve a prankster. I have a little more respect for myself.

Everyone has their own free will, thats exactly the point in faith and trust. Also, how can you expect to have a logical conversation if you put your faith above logic? Easy, for Christians, Faith is logical.

You have chosen to believe and worship something that you can't see, you can't hear and you can't smell. You have chosen to believe and worship something you can't prove or disprove. That is not logical. It is however very logical to be a critical thinker, because you not only keep challenging others, you are constantly challenging yourself. You are giving yourself a chance to progress. How does blind faith help you progress? You have deliberately chosen to weaken yourself. I question everything, I question you, I question myself and I certainly don't claim to know something I can not know with the senses that I have. The very same senses you have!

What I would not respect is the next time someone close to you is dying, your dying, your in a plane crash and on the way down or someone sticks a barrel in your face and you say "please god help me"

Remember, Black and white....

What? lol

Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: jvanley] #597736
03/17/11 03:37 PM
03/17/11 03:37 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Vinny, these are simply your oppinions and I respect that 100 percent, I really do, same with you Sonny B.

No hard feelings.

Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #597738
03/17/11 03:48 PM
H
ht2 Offline
Capo
ht2  Offline
H
Capo

You have chosen to believe and worship something that you can't see, you can't hear and you can't smell. You have chosen to believe and worship something you can't prove or disprove. That is not logical. It is however very logical to be a critical thinker, because you not only keep challenging others, you are constantly challenging yourself. You are giving yourself a chance to progress. How does blind faith help you progress? You have deliberately chosen to weaken yourself. I question everything, I question you, I question myself and I certainly don't claim to know something I can not know with the senses that I have. The very same senses you have!

With our senses we observe order in the universe. It's illogical to believe all this order came about randomly. Ironically even crime is organized.

Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #597739
J
jvanley Offline
Made Member
jvanley  Offline
J
Made Member
You use the word "logical" alot there Vinny and you are right, I need to be logical. So I tell you what, lets do this. How about we stop this conversation right now ok? you WIN this one, you WIN, period. I accept defeat on this, I will tell everyone I know that I lost a debate on a Mafia forum and I will say I lost fair and square.

I will take my chances over yours when our time comes, and both of our times will come. Logically speaking of course...

Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: ht2] #597748
03/17/11 04:11 PM
03/17/11 04:11 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Originally Posted By: ht2

With our senses we observe order in the universe. It's illogical to believe all this order came about randomly. Ironically even crime is organized.

Now we're tackling, yet another question. How did life start? How did the universe come about? The answer is we don't know. What is even more illogical than to believe things came about randomly or just happened, is to assume God created it. Because in order for that second premise to work, you have to make sure that premise is real. The first premise is almost as weak, because we know how nature evolves. We know about cause and effect. We know about natural selection. It is very easy to point to some God when you don't know the answer. I see children do this all the time.

By the way, there isn't a single scientist, a respected scientist in the scientific community who believes things just happened. This is the biggest misconception about scientists.

Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: jvanley] #597749
03/17/11 04:17 PM
03/17/11 04:17 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
You use the word "logical" alot there Vinny and you are right, I need to be logical. So I tell you what, lets do this. How about we stop this conversation right now ok? you WIN this one, you WIN, period. I accept defeat on this, I will tell everyone I know that I lost a debate on a Mafia forum and I will say I lost fair and square.

Like I said before, there are no winners in these sort of debates. However, if you insist on crowning me a winner then I will of course accept that with a humble heart. Thank you. I'm honored.

And Yes, I will stop this conversation now.

Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: GaryH] #597776
03/17/11 06:55 PM
03/17/11 06:55 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
yay!!!! vinny wins!!!! now lets see if thats easy for the real vinny gorgeous with his upcoming trial

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: GaryH] #597780
03/17/11 07:16 PM
03/17/11 07:16 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Well, not with that judge he won't.

Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: furio_from_naples] #597784
03/17/11 08:50 PM
03/17/11 08:50 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Jack diNorscio a stand up guy

PIpi=273235

Watching Find Me Guilty right now. Why Vin Diesel didn't get an Oscar for that performance is beyond me. What an actor. What a talent.

Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: GaryH] #597812
03/18/11 07:50 AM
03/18/11 07:50 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Online content
furio_from_naples  Online Content

naples,italy
I agree, Vin Diesel deserved the Oscar for that film, I read that even DiNorscio came out of prison, said he liked the movie.

Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: GaryH] #597814
03/18/11 08:21 AM
03/18/11 08:21 AM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
DiNorscio never got to see the movie. He died during the production.

Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #597818
03/18/11 09:21 AM
03/18/11 09:21 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
I agree, Vin Diesel deserved the Oscar for that film, I read that even DiNorscio came out of prison, said he liked the movie.

DiNorscio never got to see the movie. He died during the production.

lol lol

Now that would have been some trick.

Jackie DiNorscio: July 20, 1940 – November 14, 2004

"Find Me Guilty": Released in the U.S. on March 17, 2006

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: GaryH] #597824
03/18/11 10:32 AM
03/18/11 10:32 AM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
There's an actor in Find Me Guilty whose name is Frank Adonis. Does anyone know if he's related to the you know who?

Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #597842
03/18/11 12:45 PM
03/18/11 12:45 PM
H
ht2 Offline
Capo
ht2  Offline
H
Capo
There's an actor in Find Me Guilty whose name is Frank Adonis. Does anyone know if he's related to the you know who?

No relation. "You know who" had one son named Joe who passed away in the early 1990's.

Last edited by ht2; 03/18/11 01:15 PM.
Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: GaryH] #597843
03/18/11 12:57 PM
03/18/11 12:57 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Of course I know. It's so obvious.

Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: GaryH] #597847
03/18/11 02:27 PM
03/18/11 02:27 PM
H
ht2 Offline
Capo
ht2  Offline
H
Capo
and "who" is on first base...

Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: GaryH] #597864
03/18/11 05:56 PM
03/18/11 05:56 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Of course I knew. Joe..Joe Adonis. We grew up.

Re: Post a Mobsters grave [Re: GaryH] #597896
03/19/11 10:59 AM
03/19/11 10:59 AM
Northumberland England
GaryH Offline OP
Underboss
GaryH  Offline OP
Underboss
Northumberland England

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull