GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 269 guests, and 46 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,679
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,202
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,519
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,390
Posts1,059,978
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Lupertazzis based upon... [Re: Mastronardo] #659866
08/12/12 09:57 PM
08/12/12 09:57 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Mastronardo
Originally Posted By: Camarel
I assume the Sopranos were based on the DeCavalcantes, and the Lupertazzis on the Gambinos.

Key points to back up my thinking are the following:

1. John Sacrimoni and John Gotti were both incarcerated in a prison but later transferred to the United States Medical Center for Federal Prisoners in Springfield, Missouri. They both died from cancer.

2. Sacrimoni came to Tony Soprano and asked him to murder Lupertazzi capo Rusty Millio in Season Six. John Gotti also requested another family, the DeCavalcante guys, to clip someone. The murder of Fred Weiss wasn’t so different than when Rusty was whacked — Milio was in his car, Weiss was by his car.

3. The shooting of Big Paul Castellano is very similar to when Phil Leotardo’s hitters took out Faustino “Doc” Santoro.

Good point i never thought of Johnny Sac and John Gotti maybe they were based on the Gambinos but i still think the DiMeos were based on the NJ branch of the Luchesse family .

There are many options for who the Sopranos were ideally modelled on. The New York Lupertazzi family on the other hand, are definitely the fictional Gambinos in my opinion. Stepping away from John Sacrimoni; In the Gambino family, John Gotti Sr. wanted his son to take over, Carmine Lupertazzi Sr. wanted the same thing — Carmine Jr. (John Gotti Jr.) taking over. Also, the Gambinos and the Lupertazzis were both based in Brooklyn and Queens.

I wouldn't say definitely i agree with some people in this thread that it's a mix of the 5.

Re: Lupertazzis based upon... [Re: joey_doves] #659942
08/13/12 12:52 PM
08/13/12 12:52 PM
Mastronardo Offline
Made Member
Mastronardo  Offline
Made Member
I’ve come up with reasons on why the fictonal Lupertazzi Crime Family might have been based on the Genoveses, the Colombos and the Patriarcas.

THE COLOMBO CRIME FAMILY:
- Vito’s sudden loss of weight resembles the health problems which were suffered by Colombo Crime Family capo Gerald Clemenza.
THE GENOVESE CRIME FAMILY:
- The man who spotted Vito in the gay bar was named Sal Iacuzzo — David Chase said that Iacuzzo was based on real-life Genovese Crime Family capo Matthew (Matty the Horse) Ianniello.
Outside of the FIVE FAMILIES:
- Gerry Torciano, a rising star with the Lupertazzis, was shot in a similar way that Patriarca Crime Family boss Frank Salemme, except Salemme did not die.

Re: Lupertazzis based upon... [Re: Mastronardo] #659947
08/13/12 01:13 PM
08/13/12 01:13 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
I’ve come up with reasons on why the fictonal Lupertazzi Crime Family might have been based on the Genoveses, the Colombos and the Patriarcas.

- Vito’s sudden loss of weight resembles the health problems which were suffered by Colombo Crime Family capo Gerald Clemenza.
- The man who spotted Vito in the gay bar was named Sal Iacuzzo — David Chase said that Iacuzzo was based on real-life Genovese Crime Family capo Matthew (Matty the Horse) Ianniello.
- Gerry Torciano, a rising star with the Lupertazzis, was shot in a similar way that Patriarca Crime Family boss Frank Salemme, except Salemme did not die.

Another reason for the Genovese is uncle Junes wandering about in a dressing gown like Gigante. Also Vito may have been based on the Decalvacante guy ( can't remember his name ) who was killed for being gay.

Re: Lupertazzis based upon... [Re: Camarel] #659965
08/13/12 02:18 PM
08/13/12 02:18 PM
Mastronardo Offline
Made Member
Mastronardo  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Camarel

Another reason for the Genovese is uncle Junes wandering about in a dressing gown like Gigante. Also Vito may have been based on the Decalvacante guy ( can't remember his name ) who was killed for being gay.

For sure. I think when Junior’s dementia worsens, him walking off in a rope could easily have been based on The Chin’s actions. The DeCavalcante acting boss who was killed because of his rumored closet homosexuality was named Johnny Boy D’Amato, and yes, it is possible that Vito was inspired on him although their ranks were different.

Last edited by Mastronardo; 08/13/12 02:18 PM.
Re: Lupertazzis based upon... [Re: joey_doves] #660212
08/15/12 02:44 AM
08/15/12 02:44 AM
New Jersey, USA
Feech_La_Manna85 Offline
Button
Feech_La_Manna85  Offline
Button
New Jersey, USA
As for who Tony Soprano was made after Ive always just figured it was a mixture of a few guys (V. Ocean, Taccetta, etc) but I've heard that Chase made the family after Richie the Boot from a few different sources. Not sure how reliable this link is tho.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-453150/Savagery-greed-life-crime--meet-real-Sopranos.html

Re: Lupertazzis based upon... [Re: joey_doves] #950282
08/15/18 05:47 PM
08/15/18 05:47 PM
Quiet_Doms Offline
Capo
Quiet_Doms  Offline
Capo
It’s so hard to tell.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull