GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (chin_gigante), 71 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,683
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Old Spice #591884
01/23/11 09:43 PM
01/23/11 09:43 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
Alright, so the following dialogue is from two weeks ago, but I still remember most of it. Not a bookstore this time. The scene features me and my co-workers at lunch. (delivery guys)

I apologize for the dirty language in this dialogue, but I want you to read it as it was told. The only thing I changed is the names of the guys.

Nate: hey Derek, what's that smell coming out of your face?

Derek: you like it? that's Old Spice.

Nate: like it my ass! what are you fucking gay? listen to me brother. Real men don't wear no perfumes. Don't start with that metrosexual crap. We men like to sweat and them bitches like to smell it. That's the way it is. Didn't your papa told you?

Derek: actually, I got it from my papa.

<guys laughing>

Howard: hey Derek, don't listen to him, he's dumb as a rock. Problem is not you wearing perfume, it's you wearing Old Spice. Now that's your problem. This shit is for old people. You gotta move on, buy some new fragrance.

Nate: and if you gotta buy one, make sure it's not one of those french gay motherfucker, them fucking tin cans!

Paul: you mean Jean Paul Gaultier, and he can't afford that anyway. Try one of the cheaper ones. David Beckham.

Nate: how come you all know so much? don't you be wearing perfumes for work, I dont like that!

Fame: Nate, shut up. I'll be tin can if you ever get married. And Old Spice aint bad, it's just old. Which one you got Derek?

Derek: that white bottle with the ship.

Fame: I remember that one, I think it's the original. It was also in that movie I think, "Day of the Jackal".

Paul: you and your movies again...

Fred: wait, isnt that half-naked guy doing commercials for Old Spice? I hear they like him quite a lot.

Paul: whatever, he can't sell like David Beckham.

Fred: who the fuck is David Beckham?

Howard: soccer player, english, married that spice girl. Famous all over the world.

Fred: so what's that gotta do with perfumes?

Howard: nothing, just his name. It sells.

Fred: but he ain't know shit about perfumes.

Howard: and you aint know shit about life. You think he's making perfumes? he's got people doing it for him.

Paul: yeah, like Britney Spears, she did the same thing.

Nate: alright guys, Paul is gay.

Howard: and you're stupid. You think aftershave is for gay guys?

Nate: Naaa that's alcohol, kill them little germs if you cut yourself shaving. That's aftershave! not one of them gay perfumes you're talking about!

Howard: news flash, Nate. Perfumes have alcohol too, and aftershaves smell too. I swear it's a miracle you tie your own shoelaces.

---

<I'll save you the rest of the "argument"...just a few more insults and back to work, another day in the office.>

---

Alright so, how do you guys feel about Old Spice? that's the part I'm mostly curious about, tho you can feel free to comment on the rest as well.

Also, do you think guys should wear perfumes when they go out, or would you consider that an extra? is deodorant enough?

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)
Re: Old Spice [Re: Fame] #591887
01/23/11 10:09 PM
01/23/11 10:09 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
OK, first things first. I adore the guy in the Old Spice commercials. I think they're incredibly creative, and the actor has great delivery.

As for men and cologne? My husband is allergic to many scented products. We use unscented deodorants, unscented fabric softener sheets, and you can forget about scented candles or air fresheners! Long story short, he's never worn cologne or aftershave in the 29 years we know one another. It's so foreign to me that it's a bit of a jolt when I do smell it on a man. It's neither good or bad - just very, very different.

When I was out and about (30+ years ago), the big man's scent was Aramis. Is it still even for sale?

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Old Spice [Re: Fame] #591888
01/23/11 10:13 PM
01/23/11 10:13 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
You know how I know you're gay?

You wear perfume instead of cologne. tongue

Seriously, I don't think there's anything wrong with Old Spice. I do, however, think of my grandfather when I smell it. Hope that helps. smile

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Old Spice [Re: Fame] #591891
01/23/11 10:20 PM
01/23/11 10:20 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
I see nothing gay about using colognes. I use Dolce & Gabbana. Smell like a fucking animal with that thing on me. Excuse my language.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Old Spice [Re: Fame] #591893
01/23/11 10:37 PM
01/23/11 10:37 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I received Old Spice for Christams and, although I haven't worn any such stuff in years, I'm going to start again.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Old Spice [Re: olivant] #591895
01/23/11 10:49 PM
01/23/11 10:49 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
My father worked in a dry cleaners and didn't wear cologne daily. However, I remember as a kid, every Friday night after his shower, my dad would put on Old Spice. He'd sit down to watch the Friday night fights. The entire house smelled like Old Spice. I really got to love that scent, and still do even today. smile It always reminds me of my dad.

I do think throughout the years though it IS associated with older men.

I like men to wear cologne, especially if it smells good. smile Scent is all a matter of taste though.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 01/23/11 10:50 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Old Spice [Re: Fame] #591903
01/23/11 11:39 PM
01/23/11 11:39 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Nothing wrong w/ men wearing cologne and nothing wrong with Old Spice.

Long as it's not over-applied, of course. A pal of mine at work overdoes it sometimes and you can smell him coming from the other end of the office.

My father used to use Aqua Velva...although that was more an after-shave thing. But I sure liked the way it smelled and used to love watching him pat it on his face!!

My nephew is 16 and picked cologne as one of his Christmas/Birthday presents (born Dec. 25th). I thought that was so CUTE!!!!! Our little boy growing up...

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Old Spice [Re: AppleOnYa] #591921
01/24/11 04:18 AM
01/24/11 04:18 AM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
Nothing wrong w/ men wearing cologne and nothing wrong with Old Spice.

Long as it's not over-applied, of course.

That's the whole point, as I see it. Also, some scents (after-shaves and colognes) are just more overpowering than others.

Old Spice can be a little strong, and it always reminds me of a gay piano teacher I had when I was much younger. He positively reeked of the stuff. Another scent that is too strong for me is Brut. As far as after-shaves go, I have always had very sensitive skin and the stronger fragrances burn the hell out of my flesh. I have always preferred something a little more subtle. My technique for skin preservation is to use ordinary witch hazel first as an after-shave, then when the smell of that subsides (it doesn't last long at all) I apply just a little English Leather on my face. I almost never wear cologne, and any deodorant I use is very lightly scented.

I personally see nothing wrong with wearing a little bit of fragrance, so long as you don't dump a whole bottle of the stuff on you. That's overkill.

I think I used Aramis years ago, but I can't remember exactly. Don't know if it's still being made. Seems familiar, though. Aqua Velva always reminds me of my father.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Old Spice [Re: Fame] #591932
01/24/11 06:50 AM
01/24/11 06:50 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
They come a running just as fast as they can
Cause every girl's crazy bout a sharp dressed man!

Seriously though part of being well groomed is smelling nice and that occasionally includes cologne or scented lotions. The trick is knowing when to use them or not use them and never to over apply them.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Old Spice [Re: AppleOnYa] #591941
01/24/11 07:56 AM
01/24/11 07:56 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
I seldom wear cologne, but my girl-crazy sons wear it when they go out. I've never used Old Spice, but remember my dad wearing it.

Re: Old Spice [Re: Lilo] #591944
01/24/11 08:08 AM
01/24/11 08:08 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I love to smell cologne on a man.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Old Spice [Re: klydon1] #591945
01/24/11 08:20 AM
01/24/11 08:20 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
This is a no brainer...cologne or aftershave should always be used in moderation!

Cheap stuff always smells cheap!

It should not be used like an air freshner! smile

use enough that if someone gets close to you then they may get a nice lite fragerance from you.

and PLEASE NEVER use it in place of a shower to cover up Body Odor!

Use the right one and the ladies will tell you right away that you smell nice and don't be surprise to find out that they want to get to know you better.

Women seem to like guys that smell nice are well groomed and dress the same way. Fresh and sharp!!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Old Spice [Re: klydon1] #591952
01/24/11 10:50 AM
01/24/11 10:50 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Originally Posted By: klydon1
I seldom wear cologne, but my girl-crazy sons wear it when they go out. I've never used Old Spice, but remember my dad wearing it.

Kly,

Speaking of girl-crazy girls and of cheap cologne...when I was working at the school (middle school no less) some of the boys would wear the "cheap" stuff and totally reek. panic After they left the area, My coworkers and I would look at each other and fan the smell away. lol I'm sure they wanted to impress the girls, but definitely overkill on the application. lol

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Old Spice [Re: Fame] #591956
01/24/11 11:02 AM
01/24/11 11:02 AM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
Nice to see how you all remember your fathers/grandfathers using Old Spice, guess that's pretty much why it's got the reputation of elder men's fragrance. of course, having the word "old" in its name doesn't help either.

I used Aramis "Life" a couple of years ago - I liked it, but then again I'm not expert on scents, I find them all to be alright, I can't tell cheap from expensive.

Funny thing is I hardly ever need to buy one, cause every birthday it's one of the usual presents. This year I got Hugo Boss - I've yet to try it, but I think most people like it.

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

Re: Old Spice [Re: Fame] #591962
01/24/11 11:52 AM
01/24/11 11:52 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Originally Posted By: Fame
This year I got Hugo Boss - I've yet to try it, but I think most people like it.

That's one of my nephew's favorites, and I try to buy it for him every now and then for his birthday or Christmas. This year, I tried to shake it up and bought him Chrome by Azzaro. It smelled very nice to me.

I have an embarrassing addiction to cosmetics and scents. Clarins has an enormous distribution center near my home, and they open up their doors for a sale every year near Christmas. I tend to do a lot of my shopping there, because the prices can't be beat. However, I now have bottles of Joy, Innocence, Angel and David Yurman in more-than-sufficient quantities. I also have at least 4 or 5 cosmetic bags filled with various products, some of them never even opened. blush

Re: Old Spice [Re: Fame] #591964
01/24/11 12:33 PM
01/24/11 12:33 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
I like Attar Bazaar.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Old Spice [Re: Sicilian Babe] #591965
01/24/11 12:46 PM
01/24/11 12:46 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Scents can be big triggers for people.
Just like you remember your father or grandfather for the smell of Old Spice.

You also will find that you can set triggers by using the same scents over and over again when a certain thing happens.
Example: would be having your partner wear the same scent during lovemaking. After awhile your sex drive will rise when you smell that scent.

You can also find triggers with sound or by touch. Such as feeding dogs and ringing a bell or your partner stroking your hair or arm a certain way becomes a trigger for your most wanted attention.

and I don't mean stroking yourself off either smile

Last edited by fathersson; 01/24/11 03:17 PM.

"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Re: Old Spice [Re: fathersson] #591976
01/24/11 02:23 PM
01/24/11 02:23 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I've been using Acqua di Gio by Armani for about ten years now. Once you get used to something, it's hard to switch. Prior to that I used Polo. Back in the '80s I used Paco Rabanne. Anyone remember that stuff? lol

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Old Spice [Re: Fame] #591993
01/24/11 03:30 PM
01/24/11 03:30 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Man, good old Paco! That's one I haven't heard in YEARS!

Re: Old Spice [Re: Fame] #592004
01/24/11 04:07 PM
01/24/11 04:07 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I'm an Axe man and just spray it on my chest after a shower (or sometimes instead whistle ). I only like Kilo, and I'm not really a fan of most regular colognes on myself, but the women who get close always tell me I smell good. They don't run after me like the commercials, tho. frown

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Old Spice [Re: Fame] #592021
01/24/11 04:55 PM
01/24/11 04:55 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
It should be 'g*y'.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Old Spice [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #592045
01/24/11 06:01 PM
01/24/11 06:01 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
It should be 'g*y'.

No, the G word.

(and I don't use the word, but I don't censor it when quoting others)

Re: Old Spice [Re: Fame] #592047
01/24/11 06:09 PM
01/24/11 06:09 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
I mean that I don't use it in the way that Nate's using it. Maybe it's not the word I'm not using, but its offensive use.

Whatever...

Re: Old Spice [Re: J Geoff] #592049
01/24/11 06:53 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I'm an Axe man and just spray it on my chest after a shower (or sometimes instead whistle ). I only like Kilo, and I'm not really a fan of most regular colognes on myself, but the women who get close always tell me I smell good. They don't run after me like the commercials, tho. frown

Gee Geoff, I would have bet that you were a Basinigole man! lol

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Old Spice [Re: J Geoff] #592050
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World

Is Axe sweet or sour? I don't know, I noticed they usually tend to categorize it that way. And I think most girls prefer sweet over sour.

Re: Old Spice [Re: Don Cardi] #592053
01/24/11 07:01 PM
01/24/11 07:01 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
I would have bet that you were a Basinigole man! lol

I had to look that up in the Guinea-English dictionary. tongue Yes, that'd be my 2nd choice! grin

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Old Spice [Re: J Geoff] #592054
01/24/11 07:04 PM
01/24/11 07:04 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

I had to look that up in the Guinea-English dictionary. tongue Yes, that'd be my 2nd choice! grin

lol

Hey watch it using the word G**nea!!!! You may give someone on here the idea to start another topic titled "The G-Word" " lol

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Old Spice [Re: Don Cardi] #592057
01/24/11 07:27 PM
01/24/11 07:27 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World

lol

Hey watch it using the word G**nea!!!! You may give someone on here the idea to start another topic titled "The G-Word" " lol

If by "someone on here" you're thinking of me, then relax, it's not gonna happen wink

I think the thread I started and the questions I raised are worthy of discussion. I think there are enough mature members in here to make it work.

Re: Old Spice [Re: Fame] #592058
01/24/11 07:28 PM
01/24/11 07:28 PM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Fame this conversation in itself is medieval. Old Spice? Are you kidding me - I remember seeing that stuff at a very young age as being a product of my grandad's in his bathroom. This was the late 80's/early 90's - stay away old folkes scents or you will smell like a grandad's cardigan. I'm so shocked this has even been brought up as a topic. Everyone younger than 55 years old would mock another for owning Old Spice in the UK.

The debate on whether a guy should use a scent (or as you've called it perfume) or not - that's another matter. If it's done to attract women the consensus of people I've known echo's the above comments - use in moderation. I've also read of studies where women are more attracted to mens body odours - though I can't profess to know the science behind it - most likely to do with the testosterone or something.

However I like a good scent and my anal (which I do not mean in a physiological sense) hygeine routine includes: my body smelling of chocolate due to the Cocoa Butter I moisturise with, I use a subtle odour anti-persperant and I've got a few options for my perfume; D&G Masculine, JPG, David Beckham, Omega and my personal favourite Kylie for men. For something a bit more subtle but lovely I recomment the latter two.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Old Spice [Re: Turi Giuliano] #592061
01/24/11 07:48 PM
01/24/11 07:48 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
The old man said that there use to be something called High Karate or Hi Karate?

say the TV spots were very laughable!
A guy running around doing karate chops fighting off the women when they used it! lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull