GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Turnbull), 323 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,538
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,996
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,357
Posts1,059,161
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Arrests [Re: ovation32] #591872
01/23/11 08:48 PM
01/23/11 08:48 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
two new videos of Franzese, look at him wearing that freaking black leather jacket, wait till the first video finishes to see the rest

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2011/01/22/nr.candiotti.mob.cnn

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Arrests [Re: ovation32] #591878
01/23/11 09:16 PM
01/23/11 09:16 PM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia

(cough.)
Re: Arrests [Re: Dapper_Don] #591883
01/23/11 09:42 PM
01/23/11 09:42 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
two new videos of Franzese, look at him wearing that freaking black leather jacket, wait till the first video finishes to see the rest

Hahahaha "Have you ordered hits?" what a question. I thought Franzese was gonna have a heart attack. The guy was a captain in one of the most violent crime families in the history of mankind. He must have been involved in something.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Arrests [Re: ovation32] #591939
01/24/11 07:40 AM
01/24/11 07:40 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Link

Omertà May Be Dead; the Mafia Isn’t
By SELWYN RAAB
Published: January 22, 2011

QUITE a coincidence: In January 1961, Robert F. Kennedy, newly appointed as attorney general of the United States, orchestrated the first concentrated attack on the American Mafia. Almost to the day 50 years later, the government swept up more than 120 people in a smorgasbord of racketeering indictments, mainly in the New York area.

It was described as the largest single-day assemblage of Mafiosi defendants in America. The arrests, however, underline a sobering message: despite half a century of law enforcement campaigns, New York’s Cosa Nostra (“Our Thing”) continues to prosper. This is often because some change — usually either shifting priorities for law enforcement or improved strategy on the part of the new criminal bosses — gives the mob breathing space to rebuild.

Since the birth of the American Mafia in 1931, New York has been its crown jewel. While other major cities and regions were limited to one family, or borgata, New York was afflicted with five powerful ones, now known as the Bonanno, Colombo, Gambino, Genovese and Luchese groups. (There is also a satellite unit, the DeCavalcantes, in New Jersey.)

In the decades after the passage of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations laws of 1970, the F.B.I. and the Justice Department eliminated or severely weakened all 20-odd families in other cities and regions. In New York, the hierarchies of the five families were thought to have been pretty much destroyed by the so-called Commission Case in the mid-1980s and other investigations. By the end of the last century, prosecutors and F.B.I. officials all too frequently proclaimed that even the mob’s sacred stronghold in New York was crushed.

As they did to so many aspects of American life, however, the 9/11 attacks radically transformed things. Until 9/11, the F.B.I. had two top priorities: counterespionage and the mob. But in the early 2000s the Justice Department dropped Cosa Nostra investigations as a priority, reassigning hundreds of agents to antiterrorist units.

In New York, the linchpin in the F.B.I.’s crusade against wise guys, the number of agents and Police Department investigators assigned to battling the five families in combined task forces declined to about 100 from a high point of 450. Last week’s indictments demonstrated how effectively the borgatas had regrouped.

Federal officials, as recently as five years ago, boasted that the New York Mafia had been expelled from its main bastions: private garbage carting, the garment center, the construction industry, waterfront cargo and control of key unions. But the current indictments tell a different tale — most allege that the mob was behind corrupt construction deals and waterfront shakedowns through infiltration of unions.

The sweeping arrests also reflect a major change in Mafia strategy. There were no celebrity names reminiscent of former kingpins like John J. Gotti or Vincent Gigante, known as “Chin.” The alleged bosses are virtually unknown outside of law enforcement circles. Like the dons of the 1930s and 1940s, they maintained low profiles and, unlike the flamboyant Mr. Gotti, were presumably aware they were running secret organizations.

This is not to say the arrests don’t indicate progress. It’s encouraging that law enforcement is still able to overcome the Mafia’s code of silence, or omertà. The racketeering statutes’ threat of severe prison sentences, including life behind bars, is reported to have spurred many low- and middle-ranked mobsters to turn informant.

Nonetheless, even if we drive the criminals out of their traditional corruption rackets, it’s unlikely to be an obituary for the mob. Sports bookmaking and loan-sharking, the Mafia’s symbiotic bread-and-butter staples, will continue to flourish and provide seed money for other criminal endeavors.

There are several reasons for this. High-end gamblers prefer wagering with the mob rather than with state-authorized gambling operations like Off-Track Betting, where you have to pay taxes on your winnings. Moreover, the mob is adept at running bookmaking mills and, even when arrests occur, sentences are rarely harsh.

The timing of the government crackdown, which included some raids on gambling networks, might put a crimp into an exceptionally profitable venture for the mob — the Super Bowl next month. A study by the New York Police Department’s Organized Crime Control Bureau 20 years ago estimated that more than $1 billion was wagered on the Super Bowl with mob-linked bookies in the New York area.

Another huge money-producer, loan-sharking, is customarily a partnership with illegal gambling. Compulsive bettors in debt to a bookie frequently have recourse only to a loan shark for quick cash. Hard economic times can be a bonanza for mob lenders. They learned during the Great Depression that honest business owners will seek usurious loans when banks are reluctant to finance small- and medium-sized enterprises.

Above all, though, the mob’s ability to survive is a legacy from Charles (Lucky) Luciano. He was a brilliant criminal executive who created the framework, culture and ground rules for the American Mafia 80 years ago. Luciano realized that other ethnic gangs were loosely organized, usually involved in just one type of crime and easily obliterated when their leaders were imprisoned. Hence his cardinal principle: the organization — the family — was supreme and not reliant on a single individual or one racket. Whenever a boss or a capo was removed, a replacement would be waiting in the wings to keep the loot flowing.

So, while the unveiling of the indictments last week by Attorney General Eric Holder was a sharp warning that the Mafia was again on the Justice Department’s radar screen, we should bear in mind the mob’s previous Lazarus-like revivals. The removal of the current crop of Mafia barons will probably engender a new generation of mobsters. There have always been, and always will be, ambitious, greedy wise guys who are willing to risk long prison sentences for the power and riches glittering before them. The Mafia is wounded, but not fatally.

Selwyn Raab, a former reporter for The Times, is the author of “Five Families: The Rise, Decline and Resurgence of America’s Most Powerful Mafia Empires.”

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Arrests [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #591950
01/24/11 10:16 AM
01/24/11 10:16 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous

Hahahaha "Have you ordered hits?" what a question. I thought Franzese was gonna have a heart attack. The guy was a captain in one of the most violent crime families in the history of mankind. He must have been involved in something.

That's what I thought.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Arrests [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #592079
01/24/11 08:42 PM
01/24/11 08:42 PM
Mooney Offline
Capo
Mooney  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous

I don't know. I think there is a possibility he didn't order any hits. You can certainly tell when you see him speak that he's not a cold blooded killer. His time as a captain was relatively short only 6 or 7 years at the most and during that time he wasn't involved in a lot of conflict. He was a business man and had his fingers in a lot of pies but i don't think he ever had a crew that put in a lot of work. they had other crews for that.

"Thank God for the American Jury System" - Nicky Scarfo
Re: Arrests [Re: ovation32] #592266
01/26/11 03:29 AM
01/26/11 03:29 AM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Article compares the outcome of '08 roundup Operation Pathfinder/Old Bridge to these latest arrests. How many of the 127 odd mobsters arrested will actually go to trial & get convicted, & how many of those will serve serious time? Most of those arrested in '08 are out already.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/22/nyregion/22mob.html?_r=1

Altough i guess the arrests were bad enough for Charles Carneglia, Little Nick & the Gotti's eh? Still, its a low percentage. So really, even if there are succesful convictions of the Colombo heirarchy, for example, the arrests have served purpose.

Last edited by Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica; 01/26/11 03:39 AM.

(cough.)
Re: Arrests [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #592267
01/26/11 04:06 AM
01/26/11 04:06 AM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica
Article compares the outcome of '08 roundup Operation Pathfinder/Old Bridge to these latest arrests. How many of the 127 odd mobsters arrested will actually go to trial & get convicted, & how many of those will serve serious time? Most of those arrested in '08 are out already.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/22/nyregion/22mob.html?_r=1

Altough i guess the arrests were bad enough for Charles Carneglia, Little Nick & the Gotti's eh? Still, its a low percentage. So really, even if there are succesful convictions of the Colombo heirarchy, for example, the arrests have served purpose.

You know what's funny, Sonny could be out BEFORE Andy Mush and his two lovely assistants. Sure he'll be 102, but with the all the problems that family has had recently, a 102 year-old sadistic wiseguy with a short fuse and a thing for strip clubs doesn't sound bad at all.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Arrests [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #592501
01/28/11 12:48 AM
01/28/11 12:48 AM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss

Here's the ultra talented Colombo capo Anthony Russo.

Re: Arrests [Re: ovation32] #592516
01/28/11 10:01 AM
01/28/11 10:01 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Here's a recent photo of Vernace....

Attached Files alg_pepe_bartolemeo.jpg

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Arrests [Re: IvyLeague] #592579
01/29/11 03:34 AM
01/29/11 03:34 AM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Aha. Thanks Ivy.
*adds to chart*
Apparantly Bobby is one of the guys who wont be getting bail.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime...s%2FNY+Crime%29

Last edited by Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica; 01/29/11 03:38 AM.

(cough.)
Re: Arrests [Re: IvyLeague] #592620
01/29/11 03:00 PM
01/29/11 03:00 PM
Mooney Offline
Capo
Mooney  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Not quite recent, i believe that was taken in 1998 but certainly one of the more recent ones out there.

Re: Arrests [Re: Mooney] #592627
01/29/11 04:03 PM
01/29/11 04:03 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Mooney

Not quite recent, i believe that was taken in 1998 but certainly one of the more recent ones out there.

Really? It looks like he's doing the perp walk while in cuffs and I don't remember him getting busted back in 1998.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Arrests [Re: ovation32] #592652
01/30/11 12:24 AM
01/30/11 12:24 AM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Here's another one.

(cough.)
Re: Arrests [Re: ovation32] #592661
01/30/11 06:14 AM
01/30/11 06:14 AM
Mukremin Offline
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline
Underboss
thats an older picture, that was allready posted here smile

Up to date mafia charts --> https://cosanostracharts.wordpress.com/
Re: Arrests [Re: ovation32] #592666
01/30/11 09:11 AM
01/30/11 09:11 AM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
I can't even look at that picture anymore. Can someone please remove it. His eyes keep following me.

Re: Arrests [Re: IvyLeague] #592684
01/30/11 04:19 PM
01/30/11 04:19 PM
Mooney Offline
Capo
Mooney  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: Mooney

Really? It looks like he's doing the perp walk while in cuffs and I don't remember him getting busted back in 1998.

I am just going by what the caption under this photo says...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/01/27/2011-01-27_feds_appeal_judges_ruling_to_free_highranking_mobster_charged_with_killing_men_o.html?r=news%2Fny_crime&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nydnrss%2Fnews%2Fny_crime+%28News%2FNY+Crime%29

Re: Arrests [Re: ovation32] #593727
02/09/11 05:31 PM
02/09/11 05:31 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Looks like the New Jersey AG has brought their own charges in this ongoing ILA case....

ILA union official, Newark cop and third man indicted in alleged scheme to extort longshoremen
Tuesday, 08 February 2011

Nunzio LaGrasso of Florham Park, Rocco Ferrandino of Lakewood and Alan Marfia of Kenilworth are named.

A top official of the International Longshoremen's Association, a Newark police officer and a third man were indicted Tuesday in connection with an investigation into an alleged scheme to extort money from dock workers by demanding "tribute" for better jobs and wages.

The state grand jury indictment obtained by the state Division of Criminal Justice Gangs & Organized Crime Bureau charges among the three Nunzio LaGrasso, 60, of Florham Park, secretary-treasurer of ILA Local 1478. LaGrasso is vice president of the Atlantic Coast District of all ILA locals. The indictment also charges Rocco Ferrandino, 68, of Lakewood, and LaGrasso's nephew, Newark police Officer Alan Marfia, 39, of Kenilworth.

Criminal Justice Director Stephen J. Taylor said the indictment stems from Operation Terminal, an ongoing investigation by the Division of Criminal Justice and the Waterfront Commission of New York Harbor into the activities of a criminal enterprise that allegedly has exercised control and corrupt influence over International Longshoremen's Association (ILA) locals operating shipping terminals at the Port of New York and New Jersey. Three other defendants were indicted in October.

LaGrasso is charged with two counts of conspiracy, and one count each of extortion, commercial bribery, official misconduct, and money laundering. Ferrandino, a timekeeper at Maher Terminal in Port Newark/Elizabeth, is charged with conspiracy, extortion, commercial bribery, and money laundering. Marfia is charged with conspiracy, official misconduct and obstruction of law or governmental function.

LaGrasso and Ferrandino were charged in connection with the alleged tribute scheme. Marfia was charged for allegedly using his access to police databases to obtain information for LaGrasso regarding undercover police vehicles that were conducting surveillance near his union office.

The investigation into the alleged criminal enterprise at the New Jersey waterfront revealed that ILA members working at the shipping terminals are required to make a cash "tribute" payment at Christmas time each year to the enterprise out of the year-end bonuses each ILA member receives called "container royalty checks."

It is alleged that those payments are funneled to the criminal enterprise through LaGrasso. The payments must be made for union members to receive high-paying jobs, preferred shift assignments and overtime, all as determined under the influence of the criminal enterprise.

Each of the thousands of union members allegedly must make a payment that typically ranges from a couple of hundred dollars to a couple of thousand dollars depending on the size of the container royalty check. It is alleged that LaGrasso collected some tribute payments directly, but usually relied on accomplices such as Ferrandino to collect them.

As a result of the investigation, the Division of Criminal Justice obtained an indictment on Oct. 26, charging Joseph Queli, 64, of Wall, and Nicholas Bergamotto, 63, of Newark, with loansharking and money laundering. Queli's wife, Regina Queli, 62, was charged with money laundering and tax evasion for allegedly handling criminal proceeds and failing to report them on tax returns. The indictment was sealed until Jan. 10 because of the ongoing investigation.

It is alleged that as part of the criminal enterprise at the Port, Queli made loans to ILA members at usurious interest rates, ranging from 78 to 156 percent per year. Queli or Bergamotto, acting on his behalf, would allegedly demand weekly payments from the union members of 1 ½ to 3 percent interest on the loan amount.

Bergamotto allegedly gave the money he collected on such loans to Queli. Queli is also charged in the indictment with theft by extortion because he allegedly threatened bodily injury to one man if he did not make his loan payments.

LaGrasso, Ferrandino, Marfia, Queli and Bergamotto were initially arrested and charged in the investigation in April. All five men remain free on bail.

Second-degree crimes carry a maximum sentence of 10 years in state prison and a $150,000 fine, while third-degree crimes carry a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a $15,000 fine. Fourth-degree crimes carry a maximum sentence of 18 months in prison and a $10,000 fine.

The indictment was handed up to state Superior Court Judge Pedro J. Jimenez Jr. in Trenton, who assigned the case to Monmouth County.

Deputy Attorney General Mark Eliades, chief of the Division of Criminal Justice Gangs & Organized Crime Bureau, and Deputy Attorney General Erin Callahan presented the case to the grand jury.

The Division of Criminal Justice and the Waterfront Commission were assisted in the investigation by the Newark police.

The Port of New York and New Jersey is the largest port complex located on the East Coast of North America. Roughly $200 billion in cargo moves through the port each year.

Through the years, the Division of Criminal Justice and the Waterfront Commission have conducted investigations into the activities of organized crime around the port. Past investigations have led to prosecution of union officials and members of the Genovese crime family, which has been found to control or exert significant influence over the ILA and commercial activity at the waterfront. Its criminal activities have included extortion, fencing, commercial bribery, loansharking and gambling.

http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/state/i...rt-longshoremen

Re: Arrests [Re: IvyLeague] #593748
02/09/11 08:37 PM
02/09/11 08:37 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I guess the State didn't want to get shown up by the Feds. It seems a bit redundant, though.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull