GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 544 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,123
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,384
Posts1,059,727
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 69 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 68 69
Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: Lilo] #581370
09/20/10 08:17 PM
09/20/10 08:17 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Lilo

Columbus, Ohio -- Ohio University has apologized to Ohio State and its fans after the school's Bobcat mascot tackled the Brutus Buckeye mascot, touching off an impromptu wrestling match before Saturday's game at Ohio Stadium.

In addition, the student who was dressed in the Bobcat costume has been banned from any further affiliation with Ohio athletics.

Rufus Bobcat first went after Brutus as the OSU mascot led the Buckeyes onto the field for the game.

Moments later, Rufus climbed on the back of Ohio State's mascot and rode him to the ground. The two then tussled in the end zone.

so, thats where you been lilo lol tongue

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: BAM_233] #581386
09/21/10 05:33 AM
09/21/10 05:33 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: BAM_233

so, thats where you been lilo lol tongue

Indeed.... wink

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: klydon1] #581426
09/21/10 03:30 PM
09/21/10 03:30 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: klydon1
The heart attack of the Michigan State head coach moments after his team edged Notre Dame in overtime proves one thing: God doesn't interfere with the outcome of sporting events, but when you use trickery to beat the school, named after His only Son's mama, He's going to let you Know that He's pissed.

People who are MSU alums/fans don't have a sense of humor.
Which is strange considering that their school is such a joke... whistle shhh

MSU fans not amused

Matt Patrick told his WTRC FM-95.3 listeners in South Bend, Ind., this morning that you don’t cheat in football when playing Notre Dame, or “God is going to get you.”

The morning talk-show host quickly discovered that you don’t mess around with Michigan State, either. After suggesting on the air that God gave Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio a heart attack as punishment for the Spartans beating Notre Dame on Saturday, Patrick found his inbox full of death threats and worse.

The 30-year radio veteran began his self-described “feeble attempt” at humor by recounting the closing seconds of the game, in which MSU beat Notre Dame on a trick play as the play clock ticked to zero. Then he said: “The moral of the story is you mess around with the Fighting Irish, you cheat on the last play of the game, overtime, and beat the Irish, God is going to get you.”

Almost immediately, irate fans began flooding the station’s phone lines, firing off angry emails and apparently signing him up for adult sites.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: Lilo] #581516
09/23/10 01:30 PM
09/23/10 01:30 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Commonwealth games may not go quite as planned. It's too bad but whoever was in charge ought to be publicly horsewhipped and then fired. Why embarass your country like that? Even making allowances for less wealth, those pics are freaking disgusting.

The 2010 Commonwealth Games in New Delhi may have been intended to showcase India as a cosmopolitan emerging economic powerhouse, but with just 11 days to go, the event threatens to become a debacle of epic proportions. The collapse of a footbridge outside the flagship Jawaharlal Nehru stadium on Tuesday (which injured 30 people) and the caving in of the ceiling at the Games' weightlifting venue the following day appeared to symbolize the end of India's dream of hosting the "best ever" Commonwealth Games. Advanced parties dispatched to the venues by a number of participating countries have been so outraged by the hygiene and safety conditions at the athletes' village that they have threatened to withdraw from the event, and Commonwealth Games Federation President Michael Fennel will on Thursday hold emergency talks with India's Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in the hope of saving the games from degenerating into a farce. But Indian officials believe the complaints are wildly exaggerated, and some believe that unrealistic standards are being demanded of the organizers...
Photos of Athlete's Village

News Article

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: Lilo] #581559
09/24/10 05:48 AM
09/24/10 05:48 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
The fun started around the 17:00 mark when Wells starts talking about A.J. Burnett's(notes) chances in the postseason before doing a little ax-grinding with his former skip:

"I had [Yankees pitching coach] Mel Stottlemyre come up to me in '97 and tell me they were going to sit me out in the first round against Cleveland," Wells told us. "I said, 'If you're going to sit me out the first round, you might as well just send me home.' That pissed me off because I won like 15, 16 games for them. [...] That's pretty degrading when you have your manager tell your pitching coach to tell you, 'Hey, you're going to sit out,' rather than telling you himself. That's what Joe Torre is to me, a coward.

"I don't like him at all. As a manager, I think he's terrible. He wasn't a fair manager. He didn't treat people the same. He definitely didn't treat me the same. [...] If he tells you anything else, he's a liar."

Wells calls Torre a coward

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: Lilo] #582121
10/01/10 10:32 PM
10/01/10 10:32 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
I agree that Torre doesn't treat everyone the same. If you're a team player, a gentleman and ahard worker, he treats you well. If you're a loud-mouthed, egocentric clown, who gets into fights in diners, he treats you like, well, David Wells.

By the way, the Mets are firing Omar and Jerry, the greatest comedy duo since Abbott and Costello. What took them so long?

And a more positive random thought: I've been watching Monday Night Football since I was a kid around 1972, and I've not seen a better broadcast team than Tirico, Gruden and Jaworski.

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: klydon1] #584399
10/28/10 06:59 AM
10/28/10 06:59 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Boston beat Miami - Cleveland beats Boston. WTG Cavs. WOOHOO!

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: Mignon] #584518
10/29/10 08:32 PM
10/29/10 08:32 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
this has to be the 'greatest' onside kick ever!!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/...ghschool-281103

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: BAM_233] #584519
10/29/10 08:41 PM
10/29/10 08:41 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay

Took me about five watches to actually see the ball, but funny

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: Blibbleblabble] #584520
10/29/10 08:47 PM
10/29/10 08:47 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Took me about five watches to actually see the ball, but funny

yea i know its hard to find it at first, but if you look at the comments i guess there is another video that makes the ball more noticeable.

i should try and look up the bears game against 49ers a couple years ago when the wind was 50 mph.

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: BAM_233] #584782
11/02/10 03:33 PM
11/02/10 03:33 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Tonight's Knicks game at the Garden has been postponed due to asbestos!

Some maintenance work was being done at the Garden last night and apparently some asbestos from the ceiling fell into the seating area below. Officials have decided to cancel the game tonight to be "safe" and to give them more time to clean up the area.

I think this may be the first NBA postponement due to asbestos. In any event, the Knicks are NOT red hot.

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: BAM_233] #584868
11/03/10 03:20 PM
11/03/10 03:20 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Sparky in Hospice

Sparky Anderson, the all-time leader among Tigers managers in victories, visibility and inimitable quotations, has been placed in hospice care, according to a statement released today from his family....

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: Lilo] #584960
11/04/10 06:56 PM
11/04/10 06:56 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
The Michigan football team and coach Rich Rodriguez committed major violations of NCAA rules governing practice hours and limits on the number of coaches, but the breaches were not nearly as serious as alleged in early, largely unattributed media reports and they caused no substantial harm to student athletes, the NCAA said Thursday.

The Committee on Infractions publicly reprimanded and censured Michigan and the team and increased the two-year probation period the university imposed on the football program, to three years, through Nov. 3, 2013. As the university had already done, it reduced the number of practice hours by 130 through the conclusion of the 2011-12 academic year.

On campus, athletic director David Brandon, U-M President Mary Sue Coleman and Rodriguez said they were satisfied with the report and penalties. The university had admitted it made mistakes and has said it has already fixed them, including cutting 32 hours of practice from the football team already.

"I'm really pleased with the conclusion," Brandon said.

In addition the probation, the NCAA will require Rodriguez to attend the 2011 NCAA Regional Rules Seminar. The committee found that Rodriguez had failed "to monitor" the football program. But it cleared Rodriguez of a grave accusation: that he failed to foster an atmosphere of compliance with NCAA rules.

Brandon said the findings will not lead to Rodriguez's termination, as is allowed under his contract.

The athletic director said earlier this year that the allegations were not enough to fire Rodriguez and he said the report released today shows the committee had agreed there was not a failure to foster an atmosphere of compliance.

"The committee on infractions listened to that and changed their position," he said.

Coleman, who labeled the charges against the university regarding the basketball program a "great shame," was supportive of Brandon, Rodriguez and its work with the NCAA. The findings, though major, don't compare to the "corruption of young people" like that with the basketball program.

"I do not put this in the same category," she said.

Brandon pleased with conclusion

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: Lilo] #585416
11/09/10 10:19 PM
11/09/10 10:19 PM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
ESPN to replace Jon Miller, Joe Morgan on Sunday nights

After 20 years in the booth together, Jon Miller and Joe Morgan are on the way out as ESPN’s broadcast team for Sunday Night Baseball. The network has declined to renew Morgan’s contract. Miller is being given the option of staying on as the play-by-play radio voice on Sunday night.

Expectations are that ESPN will turn Miller’s role over to Dan Shulman. Orel Hershiser, who was the third person in the Sunday night booth last season, will likely remain and could be joined by Bobby Valentine, according to the New York Times report.

Morgan’s departure will be welcomed by many. While there’s no doubting his knowledge for the game, his biases and his tendency to repeat himself made him a whipping boy in the stats community for many years. Miller remains among the very best at what he does, but it was probably time for ESPN to bring in some younger blood. Plus, Miller will continue to get plenty of air time with the Giants.

Personally, I’d rather ESPN go to Jon Sciambi over Shulman, but Sciambi is still something of a newcomer at the network. The featured role should be his someday.

Article

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: ginaitaliangirl] #585635
11/12/10 06:37 PM
11/12/10 06:37 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I didn't realize there was a Thursday NFL game this week.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: J Geoff] #585638
11/12/10 06:50 PM
11/12/10 06:50 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I didn't realize there was a Thursday NFL game this week.

There aren't that many this season and most are on NFL Network.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: olivant] #585675
11/13/10 01:15 AM
11/13/10 01:15 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Although we're not Penn State fans per se, my boys and I attended our annual game at Happy Valley last week and saw Paterno's 400th victory. Very nice ceremony afterwards. After he's gone, I believe they should name the national championship trophy after him. I don't think that there's ever been a figure in sports, who's displayed class and integrity consistently for so long.

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: klydon1] #585711
11/13/10 12:24 PM
11/13/10 12:24 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: klydon1
Although we're not Penn State fans per se, my boys and I attended our annual game at Happy Valley last week and saw Paterno's 400th victory. Very nice ceremony afterwards. After he's gone, I believe they should name the national championship trophy after him. I don't think that there's ever been a figure in sports, who's displayed class and integrity consistently for so long.

Exactly. I think they ought to at least create a Paterno Award for the college football player who demonstartes class and integrity.

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: olivant] #589012
12/23/10 07:39 PM
12/23/10 07:39 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
It couldn't have happened to a more deserving school. whistle clap clap lol

Terrelle Pryor, four other Buckeyes suspended five games — next year
Rusty Miller / Associated Press

Columbus, Ohio— Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor and four other Buckeyes were suspended by the NCAA for the first five games of next season for selling championship rings, jerseys and awards and receiving improper benefits. All can still play in the Sugar Bowl against Arkansas. uhwhat

OSU Suspensions for next Year

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: Lilo] #589016
12/23/10 08:27 PM
12/23/10 08:27 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
So they're suspended 5 games next year, but not the bowl game?

What exactly is the (bullshit) argument the NCAA is using for that?

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #589019
12/23/10 10:34 PM
12/23/10 10:34 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
So they're suspended 5 games next year, but not the bowl game?

What exactly is the (bullshit) argument the NCAA is using for that?

From the article looks like the NCAA is saying the players were not adequately informed of the rules. Of course, short of them being accused of committing a felony no one wants to suspend them for a bowl game. Too much money at stake.

Recently MSU basketball coach Tom Izzo got suspended for a game.
Interesting.. lol

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: Lilo] #589036
12/24/10 01:29 PM
12/24/10 01:29 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
During this holiday season we should take a moment to remember what was almost a religious experience for we Steeler fans. 38 years ago - the Immaculate Reception and return for a winning touchdown by Steelers running back great Franco Harris against the Oakland Raiders.

Proof that there is a Santa Claus.

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: Lilo] #589052
12/24/10 05:57 PM
12/24/10 05:57 PM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Originally Posted By: Lilo
It couldn't have happened to a more deserving school. whistle clap clap lol

Terrelle Pryor, four other Buckeyes suspended five games — next year
Rusty Miller / Associated Press

Columbus, Ohio— Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor and four other Buckeyes were suspended by the NCAA for the first five games of next season for selling championship rings, jerseys and awards and receiving improper benefits. All can still play in the Sugar Bowl against Arkansas. uhwhat

OSU Suspensions for next Year

Yeah and all 5 of those players can declare for the NFL draft next year. Which if they do they will basically not get punished at all.

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: The Iceman] #589694
01/01/11 11:23 PM
01/01/11 11:23 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Updated Jan 1, 2011 7:38 PM ET
PITTSBURGH (AP)

Pittsburgh fired football coach Mike Haywood on Saturday, saying he could not continue in the job he held for only 21/2 weeks because of his arrest on a domestic violence charge.

Haywood was released Saturday from St. Joseph County Jail in Indiana on $1,000 cash bond, said an officer at the jail who declined to give her name, after the charge was upgraded from a misdemeanor to felony domestic battery in the presence of a minor.

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: olivant] #589701
01/02/11 03:26 AM
01/02/11 03:26 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
A college doing the right thing? SHOCKING!

On and after that Gator Bowl trouncing of Michigan by Mississippi State, I'm certain Rich Rodriguez is FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRED.

But that fanbase will be delusional if they think Harbaugh will lose the Big S for Big Blue.

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #589743
01/03/11 06:42 AM
01/03/11 06:42 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
A college doing the right thing? SHOCKING!

On and after that Gator Bowl trouncing of Michigan by Mississippi State, I'm certain Rich Rodriguez is FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRED.

But that fanbase will be delusional if they think Harbaugh will lose the Big S for Big Blue.

At this point we just want Mr. Rodriguez to turn in his ID card and leave quietly. There's no way he can stay. Whether it's Harbaugh or Stoops or Hoke or someone else is not as important as ensuring that Rich Rod doesn't return. I won't take a lot of pleasure in seeing him go; it just wasn't a good fit. I wish someone would pay me millions to pretend perform at a job I couldn't do... whistle

The only bright spot in the past weekend was watching MSU mess their pants on the national stage after sourpuss D'Antonio spent all that time whining about how MSU had been disrespected by not getting a BCS invite. ROLL TIDE!!!! lol

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: Lilo] #589744
01/03/11 06:53 AM
01/03/11 06:53 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
I don't think the NFL or Jets should fire Rex Ryan over what appear to be his wife's Rex-endorsed extra marital activities. The new photos are a bit much though. Were I an opposing coach or player I might take a few verbal shots at old Rex. wink

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: Lilo] #589842
01/04/11 10:47 AM
01/04/11 10:47 AM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
With all the negative news this year regarding the NY Jets; Favre sexting, female reporter harassed, Coach Ryan & his better half foot fetish videos, coaches leaning in the field of play to trip other team's players, etc...No offense to fans but thiskind of sounds like a low life-frat house type of organization, no?

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: Mark] #589851
01/04/11 01:08 PM
01/04/11 01:08 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
No Harbaugh????

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. — Jim Harbaugh is highly unlikely to accept the Michigan football coaching job if it becomes available, a person with direct knowledge of Harbaugh’s thinking told the Free Press.

Harbaugh plans to decide this week whether he wants to take a job in the NFL. If he stays in college coaching, he has decided he will stay at Stanford, where he has built a potential powerhouse. It would take an extreme change of heart for Harbaugh to end up in Ann Arbor, according to the person, who did not want to be identified because Rich Rodriguez is still U-M’s coach............

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: Lilo] #589854
01/04/11 01:30 PM
01/04/11 01:30 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Lilo, since Harbaugh was a Chicago Bear QB, sports radio in Chicago has been talking alot about this subject. Word is that Harbaugh has the pick of the litter when it comes to the many open head coach jobs readily available. My guess is that he's already made up his mind to go pro. The team is yet to be chosen. Just my opinion...

Page 45 of 69 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 68 69