GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Turnbull, m2w), 248 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,438
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,334
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... #588157
12/14/10 10:08 AM
12/14/10 10:08 AM
NY (upstate)
Kuklinski Offline OP
Wiseguy
Kuklinski  Offline OP
Wiseguy
NY (upstate)
...Mafia contract assassin, maniac serial killer.

The profile

The book

Video Interview Part I

Video Interview Part II

“I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid.” ~John Gotti
Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: Kuklinski] #588282
12/15/10 03:26 AM
12/15/10 03:26 AM
London
English Offline
English
English  Offline
English
Wiseguy
London
I've red the Phillip Carlo book on Kuklinski and I enjoyed it as I did his other books on Gaspipe (Casso) and Tommy Karate Petoria, see my response on Mafia books forum.

I am however slightly sceptical about many of his confessions, in Phillip Carlo's later book about Tommy Petoria it mentions a murder which Kulinski supposedly was involved with, the murders of Carmine Galante and Leonardo Coppolla, others involved have denied any involvement by Kuklinski...

All that said he most certainly was as you say a Mafia contract assassin and most definately a maniac serial killer.

When they send for you, you go in alive, you come out dead, and it's your best friend that does it.
Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: English] #588316
12/15/10 12:56 PM
12/15/10 12:56 PM
Northumberland England
GaryH Offline
Underboss
GaryH  Offline
Underboss
Northumberland England
Kuklinski was dangerous and he HAS killed but not to the extent that he claimed!

He DID NOT murder Galante, Castellano or DeMeo.
He claimed to have worked for DeMeo but I dunno wether to believe that.
Its been suggested that he simply visited the Gemini to buy a gun or two then years later when the truth about the DeMeo crew came out and Kuklinski was rotting jail with no hope of parole, he decided to say "I was with those guys" to get some attention!

I dont know what to believe about this guy!
Are they still making the planned movie about him?

Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: GaryH] #588351
12/15/10 03:34 PM
12/15/10 03:34 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
I really don't think Kuklinski came to the Gemini lounge only to buy a few guns. He could have bought guns everywhere.

But I also believe he exaggerated his story. And why shouldn't he? Does he have anything better to do?

But I think it's likely he was associated with DeMeo, but definitely not part of his crew or anything.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: Sonny_Black] #588409
12/16/10 06:24 AM
12/16/10 06:24 AM
Mooney Offline
Capo
Mooney  Offline
Capo
Most of Phillip Carlo's books seem to be a bunch of bullshit. I don't trust an of the shit he writes.

"Thank God for the American Jury System" - Nicky Scarfo
Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: Mooney] #588415
12/16/10 07:30 AM
12/16/10 07:30 AM
Mukremin Offline
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline
Underboss
I have my worries to, i wanted to buy and read Gaspipe, but dont know if i should.

Up to date mafia charts --> https://cosanostracharts.wordpress.com/
Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: Mukremin] #588448
12/16/10 01:05 PM
12/16/10 01:05 PM
Northumberland England
GaryH Offline
Underboss
GaryH  Offline
Underboss
Northumberland England
HI Mukremin

The gaspipe book is a good read but its not wonderfully accurate.
Only buy though if you can get a cheap copy from somewhere

Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: Mukremin] #588482
12/16/10 04:15 PM
12/16/10 04:15 PM
Mooney Offline
Capo
Mooney  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: Mukremin
I have my worries to, i wanted to buy and read Gaspipe, but dont know if i should.

It's definitely a decent read and makes for a good story but i just find it to be a lot of fiction in my opinion.

"Thank God for the American Jury System" - Nicky Scarfo
Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: Mooney] #588499
12/16/10 06:26 PM
12/16/10 06:26 PM
Mukremin Offline
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline
Underboss
Thanks guys, i am surfing ebay at the moment. I have found a couple of copies, not sure when to buy. Since the shipping costs are more then the actual cost of the book.

Up to date mafia charts --> https://cosanostracharts.wordpress.com/
Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: GaryH] #588920
12/21/10 11:51 PM
12/21/10 11:51 PM
NY (upstate)
Kuklinski Offline OP
Wiseguy
Kuklinski  Offline OP
Wiseguy
NY (upstate)
Originally Posted By: GaryH

Are they still making the planned movie about him?

I hear that they are, with Mickey Rourke playing Kuklinski.

“I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid.” ~John Gotti
Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: Mooney] #589777
01/03/11 03:01 PM
01/03/11 03:01 PM
J
jvanley Offline
Made Member
jvanley  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Mooney
Most of Phillip Carlo's books seem to be a bunch of bullshit. I don't trust an of the shit he writes.

Phillip Carlo is a good author but as you said HIGHLY inacurate. In Gaspeipe he says:

Angelo "Quack Quack" Ruggerio, Who got his name from his uncanty ability to duck indictments.....uuummmm........Hello Tony Ducks Corrallo maybe?

He also refers to Big Joey Massino as "little Joey Meeseno"

He stated that Sonny Red succeeded Rusty as the boss of the Bonnanos.....Sony red was NEVER a boss and the whole reason he got killed was because Sonny black and Joey Massino wanted Rust to be the boss!

Honestly, there are far more than I can remember besides those. When you read the book (if you are educated about LCN)you almost want to stop reading its so highly inaccurate.

With that said, it is a good read.

As for the "iceman" wow where to begin.

Here is the problem, Carlo does NO cross checking with Gaspipe or Klukinski's stories, it goes straight from their mouth to paper and THAT is a terrible way to write a book that sells in the TRUE, let me repeat that, TRUE crime section.

Last edited by jvanley; 01/03/11 03:01 PM.

FatGirl:Your cute
Me:Ok
FatGirl:So you wanna buy me a drink?
Me:No
FatGirl:Why not?
Me:Well Its tricky pumpkin,If I buy u a drink, every fat girl in here would think I liked fat girls & ask me to buy them a drink also. See ,I dont like fat girls unless im wasted and given Im only one drink deep so far, so you better buy me the drink honey, cause this 20 bucks aint covering the booze and drive thru ill need to take you home tonight

08/13/2009-jvanley Spanky Bar, 3rd stool from the left
Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: Mukremin] #589809
01/03/11 08:56 PM
01/03/11 08:56 PM
T
Tyler_Durden Offline
Made Member
Tyler_Durden  Offline
T
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Mukremin
Thanks guys, i am surfing ebay at the moment. I have found a couple of copies, not sure when to buy. Since the shipping costs are more then the actual cost of the book.

Maybe you should download it from some ,ahem,alternative source whistle .read it,and buy it after if you feel it's worthwhile.

As for Kuklinski,he has killed some people,but most of his exploits are fairy tales.

Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: Tyler_Durden] #589850
01/04/11 12:52 PM
01/04/11 12:52 PM
Northumberland England
GaryH Offline
Underboss
GaryH  Offline
Underboss
Northumberland England
Kuklinski was so fake at times it was ridiculous!

Like the time he claimed to have accompanied Roy DeMeo to a sit down that was referee'ed by Dellacroce.
He claimed DeMeo was in dispute with Gotti over loot from JFK airport.
He (iceman) claimed he had gone to the meeting armed to the teeth as DeMeo's bodyguard.

2 problems with that.......

1. you get frisked for weapons
2. Sit downs are strictly made guys only

Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: GaryH] #589915
01/05/11 10:07 AM
01/05/11 10:07 AM
J
jvanley Offline
Made Member
jvanley  Offline
J
Made Member
Kuklinski was so fake at times it was ridiculous!

Like the time he claimed to have accompanied Roy DeMeo to a sit down that was referee'ed by Dellacroce.
He claimed DeMeo was in dispute with Gotti over loot from JFK airport.
He (iceman) claimed he had gone to the meeting armed to the teeth as DeMeo's bodyguard.

2 problems with that.......

1. you get frisked for weapons
2. Sit downs are strictly made guys only

These are VERY good points. The whole book in in itself is a joke because the title is "The Iceman, Confessions of a Mafia Contract Killer". He was a contract killer but he was not a mafia contract killer. Kuklinski was a polish man who was OBSESSED with the mafia and the power that they had and alot of this shit is totally false. Growing up bullied in New Jersey he becamse infactuated with the power wiseguys had.

Also in Carlos Iceman, Phillip Carlo states that Roy Demao loaned money to Chris Rosenberg knowing he couldnt pay him back which would ensure Chris would be forever in debt to him, get a percentage of his proceeds and it eventually cost chris his life

NOT TRUE

Chris was ordered killed by Castellano and Nino Gagi because he ripped off and killed drug dealers and they were vowing revenge. The death was one of few that actually REALLY bothered Demeo because he thought of Chris as his son

Me:Well Its tricky pumpkin,If I buy u a drink, every fat girl in here would think I liked fat girls & ask me to buy them a drink also. See ,I dont like fat girls unless im wasted and given Im only one drink deep so far, so you better buy me the drink honey, cause this 20 bucks aint covering the booze and drive thru ill need to take you home tonight

Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: jvanley] #589921
01/05/11 11:23 AM
01/05/11 11:23 AM
Northumberland England
GaryH Offline
Underboss
GaryH  Offline
Underboss
Northumberland England
The Iceman book also mistakenly refers to Chris Rosenberg as "Chris Goldberg"

Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: GaryH] #589923
01/05/11 11:42 AM
01/05/11 11:42 AM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
It seems to me that Kuklinski claims to have killed everyone from the first T-Rex to JFK. I'm sure he has done some terrible things but much of his "resume" is questionable at best. Too bad he's gone, maybe we could have sent him after Osama Bin Laden.

Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: Mark] #590116
01/07/11 12:42 PM
01/07/11 12:42 PM
J
jvanley Offline
Made Member
jvanley  Offline
J
Made Member
This thread made me go back and read Iceman. All I can say is WOW. "the big guy" is 100 percent FULL OF SHIT. Any historical mob hit he has taken credit for:

Jimmy Hoffa
Carmine Galante
Paul Castellano
Roy Demao

He also said he went to all ends of the earth to fufill murder contracts. Europe, South America, Canada and California.

As someone mentioned before, he claims he went to a "sit down" armed to the teeth with guns and knives. In the book its almost as though Phillip Carlo realized "the big guy" was full of shit as he wrote.

First he mentions that there had a to a "sit down" to resolve the dispute between the Gotti Brothers and Roy Demao. Then as he types he says, this was not in fact a "sit Down" but rather an informal gathering.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

There are MANY problems with this. The first of which is John Gotti is ON RECORD as saying he never so much as did a single dollars worth of business with Roy because he was a lunatic. Second, JOHN GOTTI WAS IN JAIL on the date Phillip Carlo wrote this happened! thirdly, he called it an informal gathering, yet he says Neil Dellacroce was there to decide who got what.......THAT IS A SIT DOWN.

As someone mentioned above, only made guys can be at sit downs and there are not weapons allowed! Why do you think Nino Gagi had his nephew Dominick sit outside with a weapon when they made Big Paul Boss?

1. HE WAS NOT MADE AND COULD NOT GO INSIDE. He even said this himself.

2. Even if he could go inside, he couldnt bring a weapon.

honestly, I enjoyed all three books Carlo has written on the mob. The Butcher, Gaspipe and the Ice Man. But I wont read anymore. We all read these so we can find out what the life was really like, factual stuff. I now walk away questioning everything ive learned about the Mafias history because of him.

If I wanted a good fiction read I would go buy Harry Potter for christs sakes

Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: Mark] #590142
01/07/11 05:06 PM
01/07/11 05:06 PM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Mark
It seems to me that Kuklinski claims to have killed everyone from the first T-Rex to JFK. I'm sure he has done some terrible things but much of his "resume" is questionable at best. Too bad he's gone, maybe we could have sent him after Osama Bin Laden.

LOL, good one. The lawyer of Michael Paradiso said something similar to a judge a few years ago. Paradiso was caught on tape talking about beating and kill loads of different people. His lawyer said it just an old man talking crap, because if it was true his client would be the all person still alive in the five boroughs.

Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: GerryLang] #590145
01/07/11 05:25 PM
01/07/11 05:25 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: GerryLang

LOL, good one. The lawyer of Michael Paradiso said something similar to a judge a few years ago. Paradiso was caught on tape talking about beating and kill loads of different people. His lawyer said it just an old man talking crap, because if it was true his client would be the all person still alive in the five boroughs.

I remember this episode, Paradio is the only guy to have allegedly smacked Gotti Sr and lived! Mikey is/was a dangerous wiseguy thats for sure.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: Dapper_Don] #590185
01/08/11 12:37 PM
01/08/11 12:37 PM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

I remember this episode, Paradio is the only guy to have allegedly smacked Gotti Sr and lived! Mikey is/was a dangerous wiseguy thats for sure.

Yeah, it was from a Jerry Capeci article when he was with the NY Sun, it can still be found online. There were a few funny things Paradiso said when he was being recorded, the funniest one was when he said he had better Christmases locked in prison with a bunch of (bleep'ers) then he did spending Christmas with his daughter and son inlaw. I think Paradiso gets out of prison in a few months actually

Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: GerryLang] #590217
01/08/11 05:30 PM
01/08/11 05:30 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
[quote=Mark]It seems to me that Kuklinski claims to have killed everyone from the first T-Rex to JFK. I'm sure he has done some terrible things but much of his "resume" is questionable at best. Too bad he's gone, maybe we could have sent him after Osama Bin Laden.

Yeah, it was from a Jerry Capeci article when he was with the NY Sun, it can still be found online. There were a few funny things Paradiso said when he was being recorded, the funniest one was when he said he had better Christmases locked in prison with a bunch of (bleep'ers) then he did spending Christmas with his daughter and son inlaw. I think Paradiso gets out of prison in a few months actually [/quote]

Yeah I remember that,

Capo (Brooklyn and Queens) - Michael "Mickey Boy" Paradiso (IP/5/15/2011)

he gets out soon

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: Dapper_Don] #590260
01/09/11 09:58 AM
01/09/11 09:58 AM
J
jvanley Offline
Made Member
jvanley  Offline
J
Made Member
this sums up the Iceman.

We all know Capeci is the best author, writer on the mafia around. Does a TON of research and backgroud before he writes. Cross references, ETC.

Not ONCE was Kuklinski mentioned in Murder Machine

Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: jvanley] #590261
01/09/11 10:00 AM
01/09/11 10:00 AM
Northumberland England
GaryH Offline
Underboss
GaryH  Offline
Underboss
Northumberland England

I've said before that I have doubts about wether Kuklinski even worked for DeMeo as an assassin.
He maybe just bought some guns or traded a little porn with him?

Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: GaryH] #590272
01/09/11 12:56 PM
01/09/11 12:56 PM
J
jvanley Offline
Made Member
jvanley  Offline
J
Made Member

I've said before that I have doubts about wether Kuklinski even worked for DeMeo as an assassin.
He maybe just bought some guns or traded a little porn with him?

Im saying I dont just have doubts, I am fully convinced they never even met!

When they arrested Kuklinski he had very little cash. He claims in his book he was making 20 plus k a week off porn.

I believe the whole Porn thing was a mere attempt for Kuklinski to tie himself to Demeo even further.

Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: jvanley] #590298
01/09/11 06:26 PM
01/09/11 06:26 PM
Northumberland England
GaryH Offline
Underboss
GaryH  Offline
Underboss
Northumberland England
I think maybe your right jvanley.

Dominick Montiglio never mentioned Kuklinski and surely he would have heard about him through Nino if he (Kuklinski) really had worked for DeMeo.
Freddie DiNome or Vito Arena never mentioned him either

Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: GaryH] #590456
01/11/11 10:47 AM
01/11/11 10:47 AM
J
jvanley Offline
Made Member
jvanley  Offline
J
Made Member
I think maybe your right jvanley.

Dominick Montiglio never mentioned Kuklinski and surely he would have heard about him through Nino if he (Kuklinski) really had worked for DeMeo.
Freddie DiNome or Vito Arena never mentioned him either

Dominick was paid $250.00 a week by his uncle Nino. His job was to keep a VERY close eye on the Demeo crew and report back to Nino exactly what was going on.

you are correct, never once was Kuklinski mentioned and he would have been.

Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: jvanley] #590606
01/12/11 07:59 PM
01/12/11 07:59 PM
Northumberland England
GaryH Offline
Underboss
GaryH  Offline
Underboss
Northumberland England
Dominick was paid $250.00 a week by his uncle Nino

According to Albert DeMeo, one Christmas in the mid 70's - Nino Gaggi gave him and his 2 sisters $5000 each!!!!!

Nino wasnt fair with his money was he?
LOL

Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: GaryH] #590650
01/13/11 10:41 AM
01/13/11 10:41 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Probably one of the reasons why he flipped. wink

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: Sonny_Black] #590865
01/15/11 07:19 PM
01/15/11 07:19 PM
NY (upstate)
Kuklinski Offline OP
Wiseguy
Kuklinski  Offline OP
Wiseguy
NY (upstate)
So, we have an author who can't get his facts straight, and a lunatic killer talking some smack and laying down some disinformation. I'm sure that anyone who has gone on record has lied, exaggerated, or put the reader on the wrong road to protect secrets.

Re: Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski... [Re: Kuklinski] #590867
01/15/11 07:37 PM
01/15/11 07:37 PM
Northumberland England
GaryH Offline
Underboss
GaryH  Offline
Underboss
Northumberland England
I'm sure that anyone who has gone on record has lied, exaggerated, or put the reader on the wrong road to protect secrets.

You are right there but Kuklinski is crimes answer to Pinnochio.
Has it even been established or suspected by law enforcement that he knew Robert Pronge?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull