GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 314 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,538
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,996
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,357
Posts1,059,162
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") #584158
10/25/10 08:59 PM
10/25/10 08:59 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
So says David Stern, who obviously refers to the new powerhouse in Miami and all the action and entertainment it might give us. Best season ever? could be so, but it's not just Miami we're talking about:

* Lakers-Celtics: The Lakers are 1 championship away from closing the gap and tie the celtics (16-17), after years of green domination. This is big. It couldn't be any more tense between these two great franchises.

* The Celtics will fight their heart out to keep this advantage and the pride of the celtics, especially after the disappointment of last year's game 7. I think Shaq will get along just fine with those guys.

* Lakers, on the other hand, will try to break their own records and go for a three-peat once again. Phil Jackson is already a walking legend, and if he wins this year as well, well there's not much more you can say. He's not as hungry for it as Doc Rivers, but he would like to have a fitting ending for an outstanding career. Assuming it really is his last year. You never know with this guy.

* Kobe will go for his 6th ring. Jordan has six, and you can bet it will be discussed a lot. Jordan will still be considered the best player ever, but if Kobe will end his career with more rings than Jordan, which is possible now, it will have its effect.

* Watch out for the new kid on the rise! storming in like a thunder, he IS a thunder! Kevin Durant, mark this name. A combination of skills and self confident no other player possess. His team may not be the best out there, but this kid could do wonders. If the Lakers wont make it to the finals, my bet would be on the OC Thunder.

* Not to take anything away from the regular candidates in the West - most notably the Spurs and the Nuggets - but these 2 teams really lack consistency and it's hard to count on them to make it.

* Orlando Magic, now associated with Disney, will try their magic 3 pointers and superhero powers in the paint, namely Howard, one more year. Will it take them past the Celtics and the HEAT? possible, but it will be hard fought.

* Miami HEAT is one big question mark. They might be splendid and they might be terrible. Or just another solid team. It could go either way, only time will tell, and it's just too early to call since it's their 1st season together.

* Game 1 of the season, tomorrow, will have the HEAT @ Celtics. It will be a game to remember. It will be a season to remember. At least I hope so.

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)
Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: Fame] #584160
10/25/10 09:04 PM
10/25/10 09:04 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Fame
So says David Stern, who obviously refers to the new powerhouse in Miami and all the action and entertainment it might give us. Best season ever? could be so, but it's not just Miami we're talking about:

* Lakers-Celtics: The Lakers are 1 championship away from closing the gap and tie the celtics (16-17), after years of green domination. This is big. It couldn't be any more tense between these two great franchises.

* The Celtics will fight their heart out to keep this advantage and the pride of the celtics, especially after the disappointment of last year's game 7. I think Shaq will get along just fine with those guys.

* Lakers, on the other hand, will try to break their own records and go for a three-peat once again. Phil Jackson is already a walking legend, and if he wins this year as well, well there's not much more you can say. He's not as hungry for it as Doc Rivers, but he would like to have a fitting ending for an outstanding career. Assuming it really is his last year. You never know with this guy.

* Kobe will go for his 6th ring. Jordan has six, and you can bet it will be discussed a lot. Jordan will still be considered the best player ever, but if Kobe will end his career with more rings than Jordan, which is possible now, it will have its effect.

* Watch out for the new kid on the rise! storming in like a thunder, he IS a thunder! Kevin Durant, mark this name. A combination of skills and self confident no other player possess. His team may not be the best out there, but this kid could do wonders. If the Lakers wont make it to the finals, my bet would be on the OC Thunder.

* Not to take anything away from the regular candidates in the West - most notably the Spurs and the Nuggets - but these 2 teams really lack consistency and it's hard to count on them to make it.

* Orlando Magic, now associated with Disney, will try their magic 3 pointers and superhero powers in the paint, namely Howard, one more year. Will it take them past the Celtics and the HEAT? possible, but it will be hard fought.

* Miami HEAT is one big question mark. They might be splendid and they might be terrible. Or just another solid team. It could go either way, only time will tell, and it's just too early to call since it's their 1st season together.

* Game 1 of the season, tomorrow, will have the HEAT @ Celtics. It will be a game to remember. It will be a season to remember. At least I hope so.

nothing on the bulls?

Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: BAM_233] #584162
10/25/10 09:26 PM
10/25/10 09:26 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
Haha, when I saw your name, I knew exactly that you'll ask that. I want them to do well, but in all honesty, I dont think they got what it takes to go all the way. Derrick Rose is one hell of a talented player, tho he needs to add a little more charisma to his game, just to fire up his teammates if not the audience. The rest of the team is solid, but you know, solid just doesn't cut it. But hey, I hope they prove me wrong! wink

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: Fame] #584165
10/25/10 10:51 PM
10/25/10 10:51 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Fame
Haha, when I saw your name, I knew exactly that you'll ask that. I want them to do well, but in all honesty, I dont think they got what it takes to go all the way. Derrick Rose is one hell of a talented player, tho he needs to add a little more charisma to his game, just to fire up his teammates if not the audience. The rest of the team is solid, but you know, solid just doesn't cut it. But hey, I hope they prove me wrong! wink

true true...if anything i expect a 4th seed easily. but, if they some how get carmelo anthony...we could contend with the 1st seed.

Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: BAM_233] #584287
10/26/10 10:38 PM
10/26/10 10:38 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
I think if Kendrick Perkins hadn't been injured in Game 6, the Celtics would have won that series.

The old Celtics whipped the heralded Heat tonight. It's a long year, and whether it'll be the best ever remains to be seen. But it will certainly be a thrilling year.

Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: klydon1] #584294
10/27/10 08:12 AM
10/27/10 08:12 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
I think David Stern is delusional that this will be the best season ever. One of the game's biggest stars was roundly criticized in the way he switched teams in free agency, Stern has openly discussed contracting the league by 20%, and the NBA is in serious jeopardy of facing a lockout next season. From what I have heard/read, the NBA lockout is far more likely than its competition in the NFL.

Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: goombah] #584308
10/27/10 10:09 AM
10/27/10 10:09 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Hoist on his own petard as far as Stern goes.
They expanded more than the talent pool and interest could really justify. Now they're dealing with the outcome of that. I would also like to see future commissioners limited to no more than 12 years in the job and a retirement plan laid out for Stern. I think the league should drop at least 4 and maybe 6 teams.

If I were a player I would not be interested in giving anything else up, especially after having accepted max salaries.

On the other hand certainly some players abuse the guaranteed contracts, which is another thing that owners would like to revisit. Get hurt and stay paid? Some people (cough- Tracy McGrady) have milked the sweet spot for years...

But do we really want the players to accept the football style "contracts"?
Player: "My hand is broken."
Owner: "Hmm. That's too bad. You're cut."

Player: "This is my bonus year."
Owner: "Yeah, thanks for reminding me. You're cut."

Player: "I have a concussion and internal bleeding."
Owner: "Shirking work, you sissy? You're cut."
tongue

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: klydon1] #584613
10/31/10 09:07 PM
10/31/10 09:07 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
Originally Posted By: klydon1
I think if Kendrick Perkins hadn't been injured in Game 6, the Celtics would have won that series.

Same here. I think the Celtics are a better team, and when I say team - I mean team, not individuals. The Lakers have some really big shot players and you see what they can do, but they just feel like a star collection rather than one tight unit. Doc Rivers likes to mention all the time that his original 5 Celtics starters have never lost a series. This year they have Shaq to fill in. I honestly think they are the best team in the league - IF they'll play their best, the championship is theirs.

Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: Fame] #584614
10/31/10 09:20 PM
10/31/10 09:20 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
hey lilo how did you like the pistons game last night? lol

Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: goombah] #584615
10/31/10 09:21 PM
10/31/10 09:21 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
Originally Posted By: goombah
One of the game's biggest stars was roundly criticized in the way he switched teams in free agency

While I certainly agree that LeBron's summer festival and the little party with ESPN were nothing to be proud of, I also don't think the anti-LeBron festival that has been going since then is doing any good, either. Time to move on and focus on basketball. All the critics are doing now is giving more and more attention to LeBron.

Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: BAM_233] #584642
11/01/10 05:41 AM
11/01/10 05:41 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: BAM_233
hey lilo how did you like the pistons game last night? lol

When Mr. Rodriguez is asked to depart he can take Mr. Joe Donut with him...

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: Lilo] #584643
11/01/10 05:46 AM
11/01/10 05:46 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
NBA Season started well

TNT has record-setting ratings for NBA season opener. Miami Heat vs. Boston Celtics is most-watched regular-season game ever on cable.

What if LeBron James decided to stay? You know, what if he had not made a drastic decision? What if he had not done "The Decision?" What if he'd decided to just stay in Cleveland? Would the above press release ever have been drafted?

Answer: Hell to the no. Cue Whitney Houston.

Three days (and nights) deep into this so-far perfect NBA season, and the thought that this could all disappear or come to an end still lingers in the back of my mind. Damn you, David Stern. Damn you, owners. Damn you, Billy Hunter. Damn you, NBPA.

Why can't I enjoy the official NBA comeback without thinking about how soon it all could end? For years the league has been praying for this moment, this post-Jordan moment where it no longer has to desperately rely on or market one superstar player to battle the NFL or NASCAR or Tiger Woods for popularity and love. The moment is here. Time to bask in it.

But ... the collective bargaining agreement between the players and league expires June 30, and we're already hearing the words "lockout" and "cancellation" applied to next season. That's so wrong. Dead wrong.

Thanks to that "B" in NBA standing for business instead of basketball, the only thing I can do is think about how someone in a suit will soon screw this up moment for everyone.

I wonder if they -- the suits -- saw what I saw to open the season?

• The Celtics beat the Heat, then turn around and lose to the Cavs the next night to keep alive the "in any given seven-game series" theory.
• J.J. Hickson for one night replaces LeBron.
• The Lakers show that they finally might have a bench.
• Blake Griffin is finally able to ball.

• Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook put themselves in the Chris Paul-Deron Williams conversation.
• The Thunder and the Bulls give a preview to the possible 2012 Finals.
• Yao Ming returns.
• George Karl returns.
• The Knicks win.
• The Nets win.

• Golden State (Warriors 132) and Houston (Rockets 128) play the game of the year (so far).
• Monta Ellis and Stephen Curry position themselves as the best backcourt since Chauncey Billups and Rip Hamilton (RIP Pistons connection).
• An ingenious big bobble head campaign comes to life for NBA TV.
• The latest version of the hilarious game show "Who He Play For?".

• Shaquille O'Neal leads the league in free throw percentage (if only for three minutes).
• Orlando twice looks unbeatable.
• The Mavericks look like they could -- with Tyson Chandler as their starting center -- really, possibly, actually shock the world come June.

I wonder if the suits recognize all that this moment really is? After watching all that, how could they not?

The only things that have more momentum than the NBA right now are Apple stock and the Tea Party. Kevin Durant is ascending into that player everyone is going to want to "witness" every moment of his career. Rajon Rondo is on his way to being the reason people watch the Celtics, not the Big Three. Paul is in Year 1 of a two-year contract year.

The NBA is in the cumulus stage of the sports world's version of a perfect storm.

And while LeBron's universally maligned offseason move has come back to haunt him personally, it has been the best thing to happen to the NBA since Jordan came back from his first retirement. Numbers are up and interest is up. I'm not going to sit here and write that LeBron James saved the NBA, but LEBRON JAMES SAVED THE NBA.

People care again. Even if it comes in the form of hate. They care who wins; they no longer care less who loses. What was once mediocrity and evenly distributed apathy is now seen as parity, balance. When Orlando plays Miami (8 p.m. ET on ESPN), it's no longer a regional battle for Florida supremacy or for-the-week Eastern Conference bragging rights. It's now a nationally discussed, Scott Van Pelt Radio Show topic. It's the "Baby, uh, we can't go to the movies or dinner tonight" event.

It's a centerpiece to what the NBA has been looking for since the last lockout in 1998-99. It's Christmas in October, a gift. It's a blessing undisguised. But for some reason I don't think the suits see it that way. They don't see what we -- you and I, the ones who are relishing in this moment, this return -- see.

Instead, they see a future of labor talks, negotiation tactics and power struggles to gain leverage. Balance sheets and contracts are more important to them than the labor put in by players on the court and the people who market the league off the court to get the NBA back to this level.

Logic suggests we should never read too much into a few season-opening games. LeBron and a single press release do not guarantee an immensely bright future, but it's a more promising one than my kids have ever seen.

Logic don't know how long I prayed for this moment to return -- only to have reality set in and remind me that it could all disappear in less than a year.

Damn you, suits.
Scoop Jackson is a columnist for ESPN.com.

Winter is Coming

Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: Lilo] #584823
11/03/10 07:12 AM
11/03/10 07:12 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
When told he sounded a bit exasperated for a head coach after only four games, Kuester didn't exactly disagree.

"This game is played with passion," he said. "And you're in this game to win. So, yeah, four games in, I'm (peeved). I'm not happy. We want to win. I don't care who we put on the floor. … We will figure out a way to win. And that's the most important thing. We have 15 guys in that room — they shouldn't be happy. There's nothing to be happy about."
Getting their attention

If he was trying to get a rise of his players, it worked. But perhaps not in the way you'd like for a team that's lacking stability in so many different ways right now.

Tayshaun Prince, who got into it verbally with some hecklers behind the Pistons bench late in Tuesday night's loss, fired right back at his head coach when told about Kuester's postgame comments.

Lacking vocal leadership?

"That ain't the only thing that's lacking," said Prince, who finished with 10 points, one rebound and one assist against the Celtics. "(Kuester) could put it towards us and we could put it towards him. It can go either way. It starts with all of us. …

"He's right, but at the same time, it goes both ways. We can sit here and continue to get on each other and be vocal. But like I said, the right thing's got to come from him as well as us. It goes both ways. If he wants to say we've gotta be more vocal, he's got to do some things better, too. I mean, obviously, we're 0-4 so it ain't just the team. It's everybody."

He'll get no argument from the announced crowd of 15,313 -- cough, cough -- that was in attendance Tuesday night.

Abandon Ship!!!! Womp-Womp

Winter is Coming

Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: Lilo] #584942
11/04/10 03:52 PM
11/04/10 03:52 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
The Truth scores 20,000 points.

He's the reason I started to give a damn about basketball. Biggest heart in the league.

it's time for people to realize that the game is not about big talents and who's scoring 40 points per game. It's about these guys who put their heart and soul on the floor.

Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: Fame] #585603
11/12/10 06:50 AM
11/12/10 06:50 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
So much for the cakewalk. This is why Stern wasn't that worried. It's a long season and Miami may not be the world beaters that some thought. The article mentions Kurt Rambis. Does anyone remember the clothesline that McHale gave Rambis..

Udonis is upset

MIAMI -- Emotionally shaken and unable to eat or sleep the night after his team was bullied and battered at home by the Utah Jazz, Udonis Haslem barged into Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra's office before Wednesday's practice with a strong suggestion.

No, make that a demand.

"He had some things to say to the guys," Spoelstra said of Haslem, the Heat's co-captain, emotional leader and resident enforcer. "We have to hold each other accountable to the standard of how we want to play, and that wasn't it."

Spoelstra was referring to the Heat's lackluster effort in blowing a 22-point lead in Tuesday's 116-114 overtime loss to the Jazz. It was a setback that brought out national critics and raised questions in some circles on everything from Spoelstra's ability to lead to the Heat's focus, commitment and toughness.

Of all the things that got under Haslem's skin -- issues that left him tossing and turning in his bed after the loss -- it's the growing perception that Miami is soft and lacks toughness that ticks him off most. Those are the not-so-endearing labels the Heat carry into Thursday as they look to avenge the season-opening loss to Boston when the teams meet at American Airlines Arena.

"Yeah, that bothers me," Haslem said of the stinging disappointment that drove him into Spoelstra's office. "I wanted to know what I could do to help bring that edge back. That's the question. It wasn't about pointing fingers at anybody. But I wanted [Spoelstra] to criticize me, and tell me what I can do as the captain. Part of my fabric is to bring that defensive intensity, that toughness. And it hasn't been quite where I want it to be, or where it should be. Sometimes we have it and sometimes we don't."

But neither the players nor the coaches could flat-out deny that the description sort of fits, especially with the much-hyped Heat sitting at a near-mediocre 5-3, with only one of those victories against a team with a winning record. In each of the losses, there was a moment when Miami was smacked in the mouth. And each time the Heat were hit, they buckled, stumbled and ultimately tapped out.

What followed Haslem's meeting with Spoelstra was a plea for each player to "find something to get [ticked] off about" every time they step on the court from now on. No more laid-back, nonchalant attitudes. No more deferring. No more excuses. No more talk about how chemistry will come in 20 or so games. Instead, there should be an expectation for urgency. Not later. Now.

Toughness and tenacity typically haven't been optional accessories for teams molded by Pat Riley. They've been as mandatory as marathon practice sessions and blood stains on team workout gear. Those Showtime Lakers in the 1980s didn't back down from scrums. Kurt Rambis and Michael Cooper wouldn't allow it. And Riley's New York Knicks of the 1990s operated on hard fouls and an opponent's healthy fear of driving the lane. Charles Oakley and Anthony Mason were linebackers masquerading as forwards. And even Riley's early Heat teams were anchored by Alonzo Mourning's intimidating defensive presence and Tim Hardaway's mental toughness.

But this current Heat team is clearly built on talent. Toughness might be an acquired taste. The Heat never had a bigger collection of stars than they have now with LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. The question amid this early adversity is whether this star-studded team will develop a sting.

"You have to anticipate that teams are going to be physical with us -- are going to try to make the game ugly," Bosh said. "We have to be ready for that. Sometimes you get hard fouls. I'm not saying play dirty and get flagrant fouls and lose your money. But you can foul hard. You can have a no-layup mentality sometimes. Nothing wrong with that. We can look for more opportunities to get that done."

James said opponents have been intent on roughing up the Heat in recent games. Some of the evidence has been obvious. During Miami's 96-93 loss at New Orleans on Friday, James drove for a dunk late in the second quarter. After the play, point guard Chris Paul pointed at his forearm and shouted for reserve center Jason Smith to aggressively foul James the next time he swooped in to attempt a dunk.

"Teams are being a little chippy with us," James said. "We have to see how the game is being played and maybe do the same. We know what our identity is. Mentally prepared is how we are."

In the Heat's next game at home a night later, New Jersey Nets coach Avery Johnson chastised his team during timeouts for being too soft on the Heat. Later in the game, forward Terrence Williams was assessed a flagrant foul when he hip-checked James four rows into the stands on a fast-break attempt....

Winter is Coming

Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: Lilo] #585614
11/12/10 11:07 AM
11/12/10 11:07 AM
Don Sicilia Offline
Don Sicilia  Offline

Hilarious tweet from Paul Pierce after the Celtics beat the Heat for the second time last night:
Quote:
@paulpierce34: It's been a pleasure to bring my talents to south beach now on to Memphis

Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: Don Sicilia] #585650
11/12/10 08:48 PM
11/12/10 08:48 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Originally Posted By: Don Sicilia
Hilarious tweet from Paul Pierce after the Celtics beat the Heat for the second time last night:
Quote:
@paulpierce34: It's been a pleasure to bring my talents to south beach now on to Memphis

lol

Wonder if Gloria James is using her "talents" in South Beach too. whistle

Great article by a LeBron hater:
Miami mice

Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: goombah] #585653
11/12/10 09:29 PM
11/12/10 09:29 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: goombah
Originally Posted By: Don Sicilia
Quote:

lol

Wonder if Gloria James is using her "talents" in South Beach too. whistle

Great article by a LeBron hater:
Miami mice

"No one ever cared whether House missed a week’s worth of 3-pointers in the past. Now it’s dissected and digested everywhere."

Winter is Coming

Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: Lilo] #585655
11/12/10 09:36 PM
11/12/10 09:36 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Western Conference is a joke

One of the biggest misconceptions and outright falsehoods out there is that the Western Conference is superior to the Eastern Conference in the NBA. For the past three years, it’s been a fight that I’ve had to take on with little reinforcement, due to the fact that records don’t lie, or that the West is more competitive, and more jargon that looks true on the surface and to the butt-naked eye. However, when you see the same team not only represents their conference in the Finals three years in a row, but they also face virtually zero real opposition on the way there, why should I be blown away by them?

The Lakers not only made the NBA Finals three times, but they had three different versions of their team (one soft as tissue paper in ’08, one soft as tissue paper but they were experienced in ’09, and one that was battle-tested and somewhat tougher in ’10), yet no one was able to keep them from making the Finals. That’s competitive? Simply put, the West is a fraud, and this season will serve as even more evidence of this ugly and all-knowing truth...

Winter is Coming

Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: Lilo] #586072
11/18/10 10:41 AM
11/18/10 10:41 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Evidently Tony Parker was parking something in Brent Barry's wife...

Winter is Coming

Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: Lilo] #586073
11/18/10 10:44 AM
11/18/10 10:44 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
I don't care for Drew Sharp that much. Too negative. But he's right on this.

Break Them Up

This was ugly Wednesday night.

There was as much Lakers gold in the Palace as there was Pistons red, blue and white. But the ultimate indignity came when an increasingly sparse crowd serenaded Kobe Bryant with the "MVP" chant as he shot free throws in the third quarter.

"I'm not going to lie to you," Pistons coach John Kuester said, "I'm disappointed."

How about humiliated?

It wasn't so long ago that the Lakers' annual visit to Auburn Hills was a measuring stick as to where the Pistons ranked among the league elite. But Bryant was already icing his knees for the night when the fourth quarter rolled around, telling you all you needed to know about the game's outcome.

The Lakers took pity on the Pistons, winning by 13 (103-90), but it could easily have been by 30.

A good day for the Pistons isn't measured in the number of wins but rather the number of players still talking to the coach...

Winter is Coming

Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: Lilo] #586075
11/18/10 11:03 AM
11/18/10 11:03 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Lilo

Why can't NBA players respect each other in the fidelity department?

They seem to have a higher incidence of boinking each others wives, than guys in other professions. I'd like to see a study that compares them to guys who work together in an office, or at a car wash for that matter.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: pizzaboy] #586119
11/18/10 09:22 PM
11/18/10 09:22 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Lilo

Why can't NBA players respect each other in the fidelity department?

They seem to have a higher incidence of boinking each others wives, than guys in other professions. I'd like to see a study that compares them to guys who work together in an office, or at a car wash for that matter.

so, delonte west did some original?

Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: BAM_233] #586159
11/19/10 12:03 PM
11/19/10 12:03 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: BAM_233

so, delonte west did some original?

I'm going back to half the Mavericks fighting over Toni Braxton back in the '90s.

I always liked her, though (more than Jason Kidd, anyway whistle). I was shocked when I read that she's over 50 million dollars in debt today, and living the life of an "ordinary" person.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: pizzaboy] #586188
11/19/10 05:14 PM
11/19/10 05:14 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Supposedly back in the day Vinnie Johnson got to know Dennis Rodman's wife.
But to be fair, lots of people did... grin

Winter is Coming

Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: Lilo] #586189
11/19/10 05:17 PM
11/19/10 05:17 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
sick sick sick sick

Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: pizzaboy] #586192
11/19/10 05:28 PM
11/19/10 05:28 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Rodman is truly a disturbed man , PB..... rolleyes lol

Winter is Coming

Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: Lilo] #586193
11/19/10 05:29 PM
11/19/10 05:29 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Ya think? grin

Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: pizzaboy] #586212
11/19/10 08:37 PM
11/19/10 08:37 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
but, he is a great bulls player

Re: NBA 2010/11 ("best season ever") [Re: BAM_233] #587724
12/10/10 06:52 AM
12/10/10 06:52 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
It's always the guy who retaliates who gets busted. I think that given what was going down this would have been a good no-call situation. Or maybe the refs could take both guys aside and tell them to quit the bs.

Andre Miller Suspended for Blake Griffin Altercation

Winter is Coming

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5