GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 65 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,123
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,385
Posts1,059,733
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 44 of 69 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 68 69
Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #579214
08/14/10 11:02 AM
08/14/10 11:02 AM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
lol Maybe so, PB. But it's hard for Ozzie to get drunk when he's always got his foot in his mouth! grin

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: Mark] #579221
08/14/10 02:31 PM
08/14/10 02:31 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Mark
lol Maybe so, PB. But it's hard for Ozzie to get drunk when he's always got his foot in his mouth! grin

hey mark hope your ready to watch the twins in the playoffs lol

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: BAM_233] #579231
08/15/10 02:56 AM
08/15/10 02:56 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

My hometown may be back in the Little League World Series (they were world champs in '98)!

Tomorrow (Monday's) Mid-Atlantic Regional Tournament: Toms River (NJ) National vs Council Rock Newtown (PA) on ESPN2 at 8PM ET.

The Winner advances to the Little League World Series cool

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: J Geoff] #579445
08/19/10 10:38 AM
08/19/10 10:38 AM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Next Friday night the Illinois High School Prep football season begins... grin Me likes prep football - back in the day I played center and defensive tackle. Ahh, Glory Days. cool

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: J Geoff] #579458
08/19/10 01:03 PM
08/19/10 01:03 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Originally Posted By: J Geoff

My hometown may be back in the Little League World Series (they were world champs in '98)!

Tomorrow (Monday's) Mid-Atlantic Regional Tournament: Toms River (NJ) National vs Council Rock Newtown (PA) on ESPN2 at 8PM ET.

The Winner advances to the Little League World Series cool

Go Toms River, do Joisey proud!

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: MaryCas] #579459
08/19/10 01:18 PM
08/19/10 01:18 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Go Toms River, do Joisey proud!

It all starts tomorrow, with NJ vs OH on Saturday at 11am on ESPN. I tell you, watching those games involving TR are so stressful to watch! lol

Here is the complete schedule.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: J Geoff] #579461
08/19/10 01:35 PM
08/19/10 01:35 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Congrats, J Geoff. Good luck to Toms River!

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: Mark] #579465
08/19/10 02:33 PM
08/19/10 02:33 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Roger Clemens was indicted for lying about steroid use!

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: SC] #579467
08/19/10 02:38 PM
08/19/10 02:38 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: SC
Roger Clemens was indicted for lying about steroid use!

They had to do it, SC. Barry Bonds would have been given carte blanche to cry racism if they didn't.

Plus, Clemens is an asshole and very likely guilty as sin, so there's that lol.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #579468
08/19/10 02:42 PM
08/19/10 02:42 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Updated Aug 19, 2010 2:21 PM ET
Seven-time Cy Young award winner Roger Clemens will be indicted for perjury for lying at a U.S. House of Representatives hearing about his use of steroids, The New York Times reported Thursday. An announcement is expected to come later Thursday, according to the report.

Clemens appeared at a hearing before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee in Feb. 2008, repeatedly denying that he had ever used steroids.

His former trainer, Brian McNamee, also appeared at the hearing to repeat allegations that he had personally injected Clemens with steroids.

Clemens accused McNamee of lying in order to avoid federal drug charges for steroid distribution. Clemens sued McNamee for defamation, but the lawsuit was dismissed in Sept. 2009.

Clemens, 48, last pitched in 2007 for the Yankees, capping a 24-year career in which he won 354 games. His 4,672 strikeouts rank third on the all-time list.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: olivant] #579627
08/21/10 11:06 PM
08/21/10 11:06 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
LOS ANGELES (AP)
ESPN TV personality and sports columnist Jay Mariotti has been arrested on a felony charge in Los Angeles.

Officer Norma Eisenman says the 51-year-old Mariotti was arrested early Saturday in the police department's Pacific Division following a "domestic incident." Eisenman declined to provide further details.

The Sheriff's Department website confirms Mariotti was booked on an undisclosed felony charge at 5:45 a.m. and is being held on $50,000 bail.

Mariotti lives in Los Angeles. He is a panelist on the ESPN show "Around the Horn" and writes a regular column for the sports website Fanhouse.com.

He was a longtime columnist for the Chicago Sun-Times.

ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz declined comment. Calls to AOL were not immediately returned.

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: olivant] #579811
08/25/10 06:22 PM
08/25/10 06:22 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
ATLANTA -- NFL owners didn't vote to approve an 18-game regular season at Wednesday's Special League Meeting, opting instead to discuss options to propose to the NFL Players Association and business partners.

The "enhanced" season was the key topic on the table and something to which NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said the 32 team owners pledged "overwhelming support."

"From our standpoint, we think we've moved this concept along," Goodell said. "There's a tremendous amount of momentum for it." Added New England Patriots owner Bob Kraft: "I really think that going to the 18-game season is critical to us getting a labor deal (with the NFLPA). There aren't a lot of ways in this economic environment that we can generate incremental revenues, and that's the best way. The other thing is, our fans have said loud and clear to have fewer preseason games. It's a win-win all around."

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: olivant] #579982
08/27/10 03:04 PM
08/27/10 03:04 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
It was fun while it lasted. Shades of Mark Pryor?

Strasburg likely will have Tommy John surgery

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: olivant] #579983
08/27/10 03:29 PM
08/27/10 03:29 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

In a van down by the river!
Originally Posted By: olivant
ATLANTA -- NFL owners didn't vote to approve an 18-game regular season at Wednesday's Special League Meeting, opting instead to discuss options to propose to the NFL Players Association and business partners.

The "enhanced" season was the key topic on the table and something to which NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said the 32 team owners pledged "overwhelming support."

"From our standpoint, we think we've moved this concept along," Goodell said. "There's a tremendous amount of momentum for it." Added New England Patriots owner Bob Kraft: "I really think that going to the 18-game season is critical to us getting a labor deal (with the NFLPA). There aren't a lot of ways in this economic environment that we can generate incremental revenues, and that's the best way. The other thing is, our fans have said loud and clear to have fewer preseason games. It's a win-win all around."

I love the NFL, You would think I'd be all for an extra 64 games a year. I'm not. Don't fuck with what is already awesome. Injuries are bad enough, and why shorten careers even further?

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: goombah] #579987
08/27/10 03:42 PM
08/27/10 03:42 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: goombah
It was fun while it lasted. Shades of Mark Pryor?

Strasburg likely will have Tommy John surgery

Ironic since Riggleman did his fucking best to not Kerry Wood the kid, and this happens.

Lesson kids: There is no proper way to handle these hotshot prospects. Cuddle them like cubs or throw them into the warzone, there is no safe route ultimately.

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #580504
09/07/10 11:37 AM
09/07/10 11:37 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Charles Robinson and Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports are reporting that by the end of September, the Heisman Trophy Trust will strip Reggie Bush of his Heisman Trophy.

Earlier this summer, the NCAA ruled the former star running back from Southern California and his family received illegal benefits during his three-year college career.

Bush, who is now playing for the New Orleans Saints, would be the first player to have the award taken away.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: Lilo] #580772
09/10/10 03:42 PM
09/10/10 03:42 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Ray Lewis speaks. I like Lewis. I love old school MLB's. And I love football because if you don't like what someone says you have a chance to beat the **** out of them. Nice and legal.. lol
Ravens Transcript

On Ryan talking about Lewis not being able to call plays on ā€œHard Knocksā€:
ā€œI donā€™t know what Rex said. But look, the bottom line isā€¦ Iā€™m going to be very careful with this: Weā€™re talking about the Jets like weā€™re talking about the Saints. Thatā€™s the defending Super Bowl champs, and until they play tonight, thatā€™s the only people that can be dethroned ā€“ Drew Brees and the Saints, not Mark Sanchez and the Jets. You know, all this, ā€˜Weā€™re the Miami Heat of football.ā€™ If youā€™re all the Miami Heat, weā€™ve got to be the Lakers because weā€™re looking for multiple rings. You know what Iā€™m saying? But you listen to all this yap, yap, yapā€¦ The bottom line is youā€™ve got to buckle up your chinstraps. So Rex can say what he wants to say. The thing that Rex, whatever he said, I donā€™t even want to get all into that because I didnā€™t see it. But when you talk about what I canā€™t do, weā€™re talking about a decade of stuff Iā€™ve done. So weā€™re not talking about whether I did not want to call one defense or not. Coach Mark Sanchez. Coach your Jets. You understand? My name should not come out of Rexā€™s mouth unless youā€™re telling somebody to come block me, which is going to be a very hard damn task come Monday night. So whatever he feels that they want to say, and all these Jets want to talk about thisā€¦ Man, youā€™ve still got to play the game. The game ainā€™t played through tongues. The game is played when you buckle up your chinstraps. So all this pressure he wants to put on his team, I hope they can cash the check that he writes. Yeah, itā€™s justā€¦ Itā€™s what you love. Itā€™s what you love. Itā€™s just a certain point you get tired of everybody talking about something. You can talk about whatever, but the bottom line is there ainā€™t no man over there thatā€™s just going to flat-out whoop me, so Iā€™m good with that part of it.ā€

On if he will be listening to all the barking on the field Monday night:
ā€œI will be barking. I donā€™t know if Iā€™m going to be listening to too much of it. Thatā€™s the beauty of my job. I get to do the barking, and I get to do the hitting. Iā€™m not the receiver of any of that.ā€ (laughter)

On if the Jets are getting too much respect too early:
ā€œIā€™m going to leave it to you like this, and Iā€™m going to be done with this until Monday night: They watched the Super Bowl from the same place I watched the Super Bowl from ā€“ your couch. You canā€™t talk about [if] youā€™re ready to do something until you go win a championship. You know what Iā€™m saying? Thatā€™s a fact, man. Thatā€™s just the way our business has always been laid out. Our business ainā€™t about, ā€˜Oh, this person said this, and this person said this, and they added this, and they added that.ā€™ We added things too, so the same pieces you all added, we added things over here. So Monday night, the greatest gift that weā€™ve got is opportunity, because when that ref blows that whistle, I donā€™t give a damn what Rex says or nobody else says. Itā€™s all out, however you want to get it, letā€™s get it.ā€

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: Lilo] #580773
09/10/10 03:47 PM
09/10/10 03:47 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I love Lewis. I hate Rex Ryan like fucking poison. The bullseye he's put on his young quarterback is shameful. If the Jets are lucky, he'll hurry up and have his Twinkie induced diabetic stroke before his contract extension kicks in.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #580774
09/10/10 03:59 PM
09/10/10 03:59 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Well I know I'll watch the game Monday night so the NFL should be happy.
At least Baltimore and NY have teams worth watching.. cry

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: Lilo] #580775
09/10/10 04:23 PM
09/10/10 04:23 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Lilo
At least Baltimore and NY have teams worth watching.. cry

Yeah, it's been awhile since you guys had anything to cheer for.

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #580776
09/10/10 04:30 PM
09/10/10 04:30 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
That's pretty much the last time I cared about that team. If they win or lose it's nothing to me now. They're not a team. They're not a professional organization. If they play on Sundays I want to know a day in advance so I can watch something else...
cool

Seriously though people around here are cautiously optimistic. No one is talking playoffs but folks think good things are coming. Me, I say let me know when they've won 8 games. Do that and I might pay attention to them...

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: Lilo] #580777
09/10/10 04:33 PM
09/10/10 04:33 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #581266
09/18/10 01:38 PM
09/18/10 01:38 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: J Geoff] #581289
09/19/10 02:09 AM
09/19/10 02:09 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Watch for the Mets to make a play for Torre.

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: klydon1] #581290
09/19/10 02:12 AM
09/19/10 02:12 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: klydon1
Watch for the Mets to make a play for Torre.

Good thing I believe we all know Torre's answer already. tongue

Is he a Hall of Famer?

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #581307
09/19/10 04:29 PM
09/19/10 04:29 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I'm pretty sure Torre's family still lives in NY, so I wouldn't be shocked if he did take a job back here.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: klydon1] #581327
09/20/10 11:11 AM
09/20/10 11:11 AM
Don Sicilia Offline
Don Sicilia  Offline

Tyler Colvin, a Cubs player, was punctured by a broken bat this weekend.

I sure hope he's OK. The article is pasted below.

Sunday, September 19, 2010
Tyler Colvin injured by broken bat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Bruce Levine
ESPNChicago.com

Chicago Cubs outfielder Tyler Colvin is in stable condition at a Miami hospital after he was hit in the upper chest by a piece of a maple bat during Sunday's contest in Florida.

ESPNChicago.com Cubs blog
The latest news and notes on the Cubs. Blog

The bat shattered during catcher Welington Castillo's at-bat during the Cubs' contest in Florida on Sunday. Colvin was running down the third-base line when a portion of the bat punctured his chest.

"I feel really bad about it," Castillo said. "It wasn't on purpose, but he's my teammate. I hope he's getting better."

A Cubs spokesman said Colvin was in stable condition at Jackson Memorial Hospital and is expected to remain there for the next few days for observation.

The portion of the bat hit him in the upper right side of the chest. It punctured but did not stick in his chest. Doctors are taking X-rays on Colvin's chest, and there's a suture on the wound. The team said there was minimal external bleeding. Colvin was being treated with a chest tube to prevent a collapsed lung.

"It's scary, that's the danger of a maple bat," Cubs infielder Jeff Baker said. "Thank goodness he's OK."

While ash bats usually splinter into smaller pieces, maple bats have a tendency to shatter into larger chunks.

"These bats, I'm amazed it doesn't happen more," Cubs manager Mike Quade said. "We have seen guys get hit with pieces, but to actually get stabbed with one, I just don't ever remember [seeing it]."

Colvin went 0-for-1 with a walk and an RBI in the Cubs' 13-3 win.

The right fielder is expected to miss the rest of the season. He hit .254 with 20 homers and 56 RBIs in his first year in the majors.

Bruce Levine covers the Cubs for ESPNChicago.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: Don Sicilia] #581355
09/20/10 04:34 PM
09/20/10 04:34 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Don Sicilia
Tyler Colvin, a Cubs player, was punctured by a broken bat this weekend.

I sure hope he's OK. The article is pasted below.

Sunday, September 19, 2010
Tyler Colvin injured by broken bat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Bruce Levine
ESPNChicago.com

Chicago Cubs outfielder Tyler Colvin is in stable condition at a Miami hospital after he was hit in the upper chest by a piece of a maple bat during Sunday's contest in Florida.

ESPNChicago.com Cubs blog
The latest news and notes on the Cubs. Blog

The bat shattered during catcher Welington Castillo's at-bat during the Cubs' contest in Florida on Sunday. Colvin was running down the third-base line when a portion of the bat punctured his chest.

"I feel really bad about it," Castillo said. "It wasn't on purpose, but he's my teammate. I hope he's getting better."

A Cubs spokesman said Colvin was in stable condition at Jackson Memorial Hospital and is expected to remain there for the next few days for observation.

The portion of the bat hit him in the upper right side of the chest. It punctured but did not stick in his chest. Doctors are taking X-rays on Colvin's chest, and there's a suture on the wound. The team said there was minimal external bleeding. Colvin was being treated with a chest tube to prevent a collapsed lung.

"It's scary, that's the danger of a maple bat," Cubs infielder Jeff Baker said. "Thank goodness he's OK."

While ash bats usually splinter into smaller pieces, maple bats have a tendency to shatter into larger chunks.

"These bats, I'm amazed it doesn't happen more," Cubs manager Mike Quade said. "We have seen guys get hit with pieces, but to actually get stabbed with one, I just don't ever remember [seeing it]."

Colvin went 0-for-1 with a walk and an RBI in the Cubs' 13-3 win.

The right fielder is expected to miss the rest of the season. He hit .254 with 20 homers and 56 RBIs in his first year in the majors.

Bruce Levine covers the Cubs for ESPNChicago.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

i saw that live, and really i am glad it wasn't in the face or anyway near that. it sucks that this is how he ends his nice season, but hey he will be healthy in march.

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: BAM_233] #581357
09/20/10 06:18 PM
09/20/10 06:18 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
The heart attack of the Michigan State head coach moments after his team edged Notre Dame in overtime proves one thing: God doesn't interfere with the outcome of sporting events, but when you use trickery to beat the school, named after His only Son's mama, He's going to let you Know that He's pissed.

Re: Random Sports Whoring [Re: klydon1] #581366
09/20/10 07:32 PM
09/20/10 07:32 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

Columbus, Ohio -- Ohio University has apologized to Ohio State and its fans after the school's Bobcat mascot tackled the Brutus Buckeye mascot, touching off an impromptu wrestling match before Saturday's game at Ohio Stadium.

In addition, the student who was dressed in the Bobcat costume has been banned from any further affiliation with Ohio athletics.

Rufus Bobcat first went after Brutus as the OSU mascot led the Buckeyes onto the field for the game.

Moments later, Rufus climbed on the back of Ohio State's mascot and rode him to the ground. The two then tussled in the end zone.

Winter is Coming

Page 44 of 69 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 68 69