GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 241 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,691
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 43 of 70 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 69 70
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: olivant] #575781
06/19/10 01:41 AM
06/19/10 01:41 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: olivant
School bans student's hat honoring Army troops over no-weapons policy
Associated Press • June 17, 2010

Twitter FarkIt Type Size A A A PROVIDENCE, R.I. — A Rhode Island mother says her son's school cited its no-weapons policy in stopping the second-grader from wearing a patriotic hat he made to honor Army troops.

Christan (KRIS'-ten) Morales says her 8-year-old son, David, was assigned to make a crazy hat for his class at the Tiogue (TEYE'-ohg) School in Coventry. She says they brainstormed and he came up with an idea to glue small plastic Army figures to a camouflage hat with an American flag. But she says David was not allowed to wear the hat for the project. Morales says his teacher called her to say it wasn't appropriate because it had guns, violating a school ban on weapons and toy weapons. The principal did not immediately return messages seeking comment.

RI boy who made banned toy soldier hat gets medal

^ A link! eek wink

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Lilo] #575786
06/19/10 03:54 AM
06/19/10 03:54 AM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Just had a thought: If a rubber ducky used a condom he'd use ducky rubbers.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Longneck] #575829
06/20/10 02:04 PM
06/20/10 02:04 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

New website looks to tout all that's good about NJ
Quote:

TRENTON, N.J. – Tired of boorish comments and jokes about New Jersey, residents and business people have created a website to express their Garden State pride.

The site — JerseyDoesntStink.com — is designed to rally those who are tired of the putdowns about pollution, wisecracks about wise guys, and cheap shots about corruption. With companion Facebook and Twitter pages, state residents can sound off online in defense of their home state.

Not much content on there - more of a petition and links to Facebook. Where's the list of "all that's good about NJ"? whistle

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: J Geoff] #575831
06/20/10 02:12 PM
06/20/10 02:12 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Wow, what's wrong with Jersey??? Geez, nearly everyone interviewed in the video hated it. confused It doesn't look bad. Plus Tony Soprano is from Jersey. Heck, don't they even know that Jersey has Geoff??????? That alone says a lot. wink

Btw, what is a "roundabout" that the one guy was complaining about? I'm guessing something to do with traffic?? confused

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #575854
06/21/10 06:48 AM
06/21/10 06:48 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Btw, what is a "roundabout" that the one guy was complaining about? I'm guessing something to do with traffic?? confused

TIS

I think the roundabouts are more common in the eastern US than in the Midwest but we have a few in Michigan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roundabout

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Lilo] #575879
06/21/10 01:20 PM
06/21/10 01:20 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: Lilo
I think the roundabouts are more common in the eastern US than in the Midwest but we have a few in Michigan.

We call them "traffic circles" (or simply "circles") here...

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: J Geoff] #575891
06/21/10 02:59 PM
06/21/10 02:59 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: J Geoff

We call them "traffic circles" (or simply "circles") here...

Over the past couple of years they've taken root here in town. They facilitate traffic accidents waiting to happen.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: olivant] #575903
06/21/10 03:50 PM
06/21/10 03:50 PM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

We had a roundabout put in a few years ago. People are still bitching about it. If they could figure out how to drive they'd realize it's a lot better than what it used to be. It's not difficult to use at all, if you have a shred of (un)common sense, I like it.

Oli, roundabouts decrease accidents.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Longneck] #575911
06/21/10 05:15 PM
06/21/10 05:15 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: Longneck
Oli, roundabouts decrease accidents.

Only when people know how to drive through them, I suppose. They've had to add Yield signs to teach people not used to circles. But the real benefit is to keep traffic moving, rather than having huge intersections with backed-up traffic at stop lights.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: J Geoff] #575913
06/21/10 05:49 PM
06/21/10 05:49 PM
California

California
I see. It's a circle then? It does look very dangerous and I don't quite understand "why" there would be such a road. confused I'd hate to be new to the area and driving drunk (not that I would). grin

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #575916
06/21/10 05:59 PM
06/21/10 05:59 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Okay, apparently "roundabouts" are different than "traffic circles" and the person in the video used the wrong term.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_circle

The third photo down is of a typical NJ circle from a bit of a distance.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: J Geoff] #575921
06/21/10 07:25 PM
06/21/10 07:25 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

NEW YORK – Calling himself a "Muslim soldier," a defiant Pakistan-born U.S. citizen pleaded guilty Monday to carrying out the failed Times Square car bombing, saying his attack was the answer to "the U.S. terrorizing ... Muslim people."

Wearing a white skull cap, Faisal Shahzad entered the plea in U.S. District Court in Manhattan just days after a federal grand jury indicted him on 10 terrorism and weapons counts, some of which carried mandatory life prison sentences. He pleaded guilty to them all.

"One has to understand where I'm coming from," Shahzad calmly told U.S. District Judge Miriam Goldman Cedarbaum, who challenged him repeatedly with questions such as whether he worried about killing children in Times Square. "I consider myself ... a Muslim soldier."

The 30-year-old described his effort to set off a bomb in an SUV he parked in Times Square on May 1, saying he chose the warm Saturday night because it would be crowded with people who he could injure or kill.

He revealed that he actually packed his vehicle with three separate bombs, hoping to set off a fertilizer-fueled bomb packed in a gun cabinet, a set of propane tanks and gas canisters rigged with fireworks to explode into a fireball.

Shahzad said he expected the bombs to begin going off after he lighted a fuse and waited between 2 1/2 minutes and five minutes for them to erupt.

"I was waiting to hear a sound but I didn't hear a sound. So I walked to Grand Central and went home," he said.

Shahzad dismissed the judge's question about the children by saying the U.S. didn't care when children were killed in Muslim countries.

"It's a war. I am part of the answer to the U.S. terrorizing the Muslim nations and the Muslim people," he said. "On behalf of that, I'm revenging the attack. Living in the United States, Americans only care about their people but they don't care about the people elsewhere in the world when they die."

Shahzad made the plea and an accompanying statement as Cedarbaum began asking him a lengthy series of questions to ensure he understood his rights.

Cedarbaum asked Shahzad if he understood some charges carried mandatory life sentences and that he might spend the rest of his life in prison. He said he did.

At one point, she asked him if he was sure he wanted to plead guilty.

He said he wanted "to plead guilty and 100 times more" to let the U.S. know that if it did not get out of Iraq and Afghanistan, halt drone attacks and stop meddling in Muslim lands, "we will be attacking U.S."

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Lilo] #575949
06/22/10 07:37 AM
06/22/10 07:37 AM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
APB: South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford has gone missing AGAIN! He may have gone hiking or boinking a reporter in Argentine.

http://www.thestatecolumn.com/blog/2010/06/governor-mark-sanford-gone-missing-again/

Last edited by BAM_233; 06/22/10 07:38 AM.
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: BAM_233] #575953
06/22/10 09:38 AM
06/22/10 09:38 AM
California

California
Ha ha ha...That guy gave a whole new meaning to "hiking in the Appalachians. lol

TIS

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #575987
06/22/10 04:47 PM
06/22/10 04:47 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
"Tiger, honey, are you going to go golfing today?"

"No, Elin. I thought I would go hike the Appalachins."

"Okay, dear. Have fun and be careful."

That should have been a dead giveaway to Elin. rolleyes

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Mark] #576057
06/24/10 10:35 AM
06/24/10 10:35 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
No Charges for Gore

A Portland, Oregon massage therapist's claim of "unwanted sexual contact" against former Vice President Al Gore has been dismissed by local authorities.

Multnomah County District Attorney Schrunk said Wednesday there was insufficient evidence to support the masseuse's accusations. She has since refused to be interviewed by police and did not want the investigation to continue.

According to the police report, Gore went under the alias "Mr. Stone" at the upscale Hotel Lucia. On the day of the alleged incident, Oct. 24, 2006, Gore was in Portland to give a speech on climate change.

The massage therapist said Gore asked for an abdominal massage, according to a transcript of the interview released by police. The masseuse said Gore began to moan during his appointment, insisted that she go lower and..

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Lilo] #576132
06/25/10 01:12 PM
06/25/10 01:12 PM
California

California
It doesn't seem like it, but it's been one year already since Michael Jackson died. eek I guess they are having some kind of tribute here in L.A. Also, they are having an auction at Planet Hollywood in Vegas in which they are selling various MJ items, like the shirt he wore in the Beat-it video. They say they expect at least 16,000 for it. eek

TIS

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #576137
06/25/10 02:19 PM
06/25/10 02:19 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
It doesn't seem like it, but it's been one year already since Michael Jackson died. eek I guess they are having some kind of tribute here in L.A. Also, they are having an auction at Planet Hollywood in Vegas in which they are selling various MJ items, like the shirt he wore in the Beat-it video. They say they expect at least 16,000 for it. eek

TIS

also too MTV is showing jacksons best music videos today (4-5:30 central time). its sad that this is the only way they show music videos now.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: BAM_233] #576143
06/25/10 04:55 PM
06/25/10 04:55 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
I was at the rehab facility with my wife & daughter having dinner with my mother (she just had knee replacement surgery) when one of my daughter's friend texted her that Michael Jackson just died. frown

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Mark] #576147
06/25/10 05:48 PM
06/25/10 05:48 PM
California

California
They are having something in L.A. (or wherever the cemetary is)and mentioned a lot of guidelines and dos/don'ts to anyone planning to attend. I haven't heard any updates, but I do know that they banned any kind of signs/banners or you'd be turned away.

If Joe Jackson could sell tickets to this memorial, I'm sure he would. rolleyes

TIS

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #576176
06/26/10 04:54 PM
06/26/10 04:54 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
GOP: Schwarzenegger 'a great disappointment' updated 6/26/2010 7:49:26 AM ET

ANAHEIM, CALIF. — When Meg Whitman and Carly Fiorina, the Dream Team of the California GOP, joined hands at a rally celebrating their primary victories this month, there was one broad-shouldered Republican conspicuously missing from the scene: Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Organizers said the actor-turned-politician declined an invitation to the event. The truth is, he would not have been welcome. After nearly six years in office, Schwarzenegger has few friends left in either party. The state budget deficit hovers around $20 billion; his approval rating has sunk below 25 percent.

"We thought he was going to be a great governor, but he has been a great disappointment," said Geneviève M. Clavreul, a Republican activist.

As candidates in races across the country try to position themselves as the politician with the least political experience, Schwarzenegger's troubles in California illustrate some of the possible downsides of outsiderdom. Like Whitman, the GOP's candidate for governor, and Fiorina, the party's Senate nominee, Schwarzenegger came to office as a non-politician who would solve problems with unconventional ideas.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: olivant] #576241
06/28/10 01:19 AM
06/28/10 01:19 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Police arrest more than 600 at Toronto summit
Quote:
By ROB GILLIES, Associated Press Writer – 21 mins ago

TORONTO – Police raided a university building and rounded up hundreds of protesters Sunday in an effort to quell further violence near the G-20 global economic summit site a day after black-clad youths rampaged through the city, smashing windows and torching police cars.

The violence shocked Canada, where civil unrest is almost unknown. Toronto police Sunday said they had never before used tear gas until Saturday's clashes with anti-Globalization activists.

Police said they have arrested more than 600 demonstrators, many of whom were hauled away in plastic handcuffs and taken to a temporary holding center constructed for the summit.

Police adopted a more aggressive strategy Sunday by going into the crowd to make arrests, compared to the previous day when they stood back as protesters torched four police cars and broke store windows.

[more]

I'm sorry, but I don't care if people are protesting against the devil himself; there's absolutely NO reason to ever resort to vandalism! BUT at the same time, these latest arrests were in a university building, before the fact (and before anything happened), to prevent such further actions. That's a slippery slope perhaps....

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: J Geoff] #576248
06/28/10 02:25 AM
06/28/10 02:25 AM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Molly is walking and climbing stairs.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Longneck] #576261
06/28/10 10:16 AM
06/28/10 10:16 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Geoff, I have to say that I'm as surprised as the Toronto police seemingly were. I've been to Toronto several times. I've even been there during a garbage strike, and have always been impressed by the orderliness and friendliness of that beautiful city.

LN, those first steps are a thrill, but you'll soon long for the days when she was immobile. I was always amazed at how quickly they learn to RUN - and usually in the opposite direction of you!

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Longneck] #576264
06/28/10 10:28 AM
06/28/10 10:28 AM
California

California
Originally Posted By: Longneck
Molly is walking and climbing stairs.

That is fun. Like SB says, they sure move quickly. You'll do a lot of running. I always thought of it as my daily workout. lol Enjoy LN. These milestones only happen once and they're wonderful.

TIS

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #576267
06/28/10 10:38 AM
06/28/10 10:38 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
WASHINGTON, June 28 (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday extended gun rights to every state and city in the nation in a ruling involving Chicago's 28-year-old handgun ban.

By a 5-4 vote and splitting along conservative and liberal lines, the nation's highest court extended its landmark 2008 ruling that individual Americans have a constitutional right to own guns to all the cities and states for the first time.

The right to bear arms, under the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, previously applied to just federal laws and federal enclaves, like Washington D.C., where the court struck down a similar handgun ban in its 2008 ruling.

Gun rights have been one of the country's most divisive social, political and legal issues. Some 90 million people in the United States have an estimated 200 million guns.

The United States is estimated to have the world's highest civilian gun ownership rate. Gun deaths average about 80 a day, 34 of them homicides, according to U.S. government statistics.

The ruling, issued on the last day of the Supreme Court's term, was a victory for four Chicago-area residents, two gun rights groups and the politically powerful National Rifle Association.

It was a defeat for Chicago, which defended its law as a reasonable exercise of local power to protect public safety. The law and a similar handgun ban in suburban Oak Park, Illinois, were the nation's most restrictive gun control measures.

"We hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the states," Justice Samuel Alito concluded for the court majority in the 45-page ruling. (Reporting by James Vicini, Editing by Vicki Allen)

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Lilo] #576269
06/28/10 11:04 AM
06/28/10 11:04 AM
California

California
Geoff,

I have kind of been following that story too. That I recall, I don't remember ever hearing of anything like this happening in Canada before. confused From what I heard reported, it started as a peaceful demonstration with a segment of the peaceful group breaking away becoming violent, but yes, it is inexcusable to become violent.

Lilo,

I didn't know about this Chicago gun law and never having a gun, I don't know much about the laws, yet of course am reminded (news wise) constantly how it is a constitutional right. However, I would ask are there any rules as to whom owns a gun? Should there be? I've always been unclear as to what exactly the NRA and "gun owners" want. I am for guidelines and background checks.

TIS

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #576271
06/28/10 11:21 AM
06/28/10 11:21 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

Lilo,

I didn't know about this Chicago gun law and never having a gun, I don't know much about the laws, yet of course am reminded (news wise) constantly how it is a constitutional right. However, I would ask are there any rules as to whom owns a gun? Should there be? I've always been unclear as to what exactly the NRA and "gun owners" want. I am for guidelines and background checks.
TIS

There are state and federal mandated rules on who is legally allowed to purchase and own a handgun. Without getting bogged down in excessive detail, usually it boils down to you must be a non-felon, you can not be legally insane or under domestic violence restraints and you must pass a background check to prove the first listed conditions and a few others. I'm not sure about other states but in Michigan if you wish to have a concealed carry license, you also must take a gun safety/gun rights class to demonstrate your knowledge of the workings of the gun and the law.

I don't think this ruling will really make that much difference in the day to day reality of Chicago. The people that were violent before this ruling will be violent after the ruling. The issue was that Chicago outright banned ownership of handguns-which according to the SC, they didn't have the right to do. Chicago could still be within the law to make legal ownership of handguns extremely onerous and difficult. And I'm betting that will be their response.

Edit:

Monday's decision did not explicitly strike down the Chicago area laws, ordering a federal appeals court to reconsider its ruling. But it left little doubt that they would eventually fall.

Still, Alito noted that the declaration that the Second Amendment is fully binding on states and cities "limits (but by no means eliminates) their ability to devise solutions to social problems that suit local needs and values."

Last edited by Lilo; 06/28/10 11:26 AM. Reason: added info

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Lilo] #576281
06/28/10 02:35 PM
06/28/10 02:35 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
(Reuters) - A university can legally deny recognition to a Christian student group that bars gays and nonbelievers, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled on Monday in a case that pitted anti-discrimination principles against religious freedom.

Such official recognition qualifies campus groups for funding and other benefits.

By a 5-4 vote, the justices upheld a U.S. appeals court ruling in favor of the University of California's Hastings College of the Law. It denied recognition to the group because of a school policy that membership should be open to all.

The high court's ruling was a defeat for the Christian Legal Society. It argued the U.S. Constitution does not allow a school to deny recognition to a religious student group which insists its members agree with its core views.

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Lilo] #576296
06/28/10 04:30 PM
06/28/10 04:30 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
(Reuters) - A university can legally deny recognition to a Christian student group that bars gays and nonbelievers, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled on Monday in a case that pitted anti-discrimination principles against religious freedom.

Such official recognition qualifies campus groups for funding and other benefits.

By a 5-4 vote, the justices upheld a U.S. appeals court ruling in favor of the University of California's Hastings College of the Law. It denied recognition to the group because of a school policy that membership should be open to all.

The high court's ruling was a defeat for the Christian Legal Society. It argued the U.S. Constitution does not allow a school to deny recognition to a religious student group which insists its members agree with its core views.

Regarding these two Supreme Court rulings today, it is really exciting for a political science instructor such as myself. I'll post more on these rulings later, but for now suffice it to say that it creates quite a conundrum for Strict Constructionsists and other fans of judicial restraint. You have the same members of the same Court ruling with identical 5-4 votes what conservatives would consider on one hand on the basis of "original intent" (guns) while on the other hand engaging in judicial activisim (religion). It's interesting if not downright exciting.

Last edited by olivant; 06/28/10 04:31 PM.

Page 43 of 70 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 69 70

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull