GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (eastsideofvan, Malavita, 1 invisible), 609 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,081
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,373
Posts1,059,539
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: Lilo] #563749
01/01/10 07:58 PM
01/01/10 07:58 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Lilo
Report: Wizards Teammates Pull Gun On Each Other
Washington's Gilbert Arenas And Javaris Crittenton Said To Be Arguing Over Gambling Debt On Christmas Eve
NEW YORK (AP)

Washington Wizards teammates Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton drew guns on each other during a Christmas Eve locker room argument over a gambling debt, according to The New York Post.

Citing an anonymous source, the newspaper reports in Friday's edition that the standoff was sparked when Crittenton became angry at Arenas for refusing to make good on a gambling debt. That prompted Arenas to draw on Crittenton, who then also grabbed for a gun, league security sources tell the Post.

Asked by the Post about the confrontation, Arenas denied pulling a gun on Crittenton.

"This is unprecedented in the history of sports," Billy Hunter, executive director of the Player's Association, tells the Post. "I've never heard of players pulling guns on each other in a locker room."

The Wizards said on the night of Dec. 24 that Arenas had stored unloaded firearms in a container in his locker at the arena and that the NBA was looking into the situation. On Tuesday, Washington, D.C. police said they were investigating a report that weapons were found inside a locker room at the Verizon Center.

Now, the federal government is also involved. Ben Friedman, a spokesman for the US Attorney's Office in DC, tells the Post "we're working with the Metropolitan Police Department on the investigation.

why pull a gun on your own teammate, and not shaq?

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: BAM_233] #563891
01/04/10 02:29 PM
01/04/10 02:29 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Arenas says that the story about Shaq and his fiancee is untrue.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: Lilo] #564081
01/06/10 12:02 PM
01/06/10 12:02 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Former Pistons forward Antonio McDyess slams last year's trade
BY VINCE ELLIS
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

DALLAS -- It looks like things have worked out for Antonio McDyess.

The former Pistons crowd favorite who left this past off-season to join the Spurs as a free agent has found a role on a team that looks poised to at least give the Lakers some competition for Western Conference supremacy.

But the veteran power forward is still thinking about the events that led him to leave the Pistons last summer.

In comments to the San Antonio media Tuesday, McDyess openly questioned last season's infamous trade of Chauncey Billups (McDyess' best friend) to the Nuggets for Allen Iverson, which effectively ended the Pistons' era of Eastern Conference dominance. He also didn't express much sympathy for the organization that took a nine-game losing streak into Tuesday night's game against the Mavericks.

"I think ever since they traded Chauncey away, everything just kind of went downhill from there," said McDyess, who will face the Pistons tonight. "It's like they broke up all chemistry, and I really didn't understand the whole logic of that trade.

"I guess they really were in a rebuilding stage, and it's showing now."

Pistons president Joe Dumars made the deal for cap space and felt the run was over. But McDyess saw a team that still could have contended if it hadn't been completely dismantled.

The team's direction was a major reason he ended a five-year stint with the Pistons by signing a three-year, $15-million deal with the Spurs.

"Detroit was my home and I felt comfortable there, but after I seen all the things down spiraling and I felt it was going to be no good this year, it was pretty easy to me after that," McDyess said.

He even thought aloud about what would have happened if the trade hadn't happened.

"I thought we would still be pretty good if you kind of think about it," McDyess said. "Ever since (Billups) left, then Rasheed (Wallace) ... everything was all messed up. It was pretty much a no-brainer after that."

But he did express some sympathy for his former teammates.

"It's sad to see those guys go through that because nobody wants to be on that end of losing nine games in a row," McDyess said. "Even when you get out on the court it just seems like everything is meaningless -- like you ain't even got no effort to play for anything because you so far behind. Once you got nine losses under your belt, it's kind of like, 'Hey, man, what I'm going to step out on this court for?' You kind of lose confidence."

Contact VINCE ELLIS: 313-222-6479 or vellis@freepress.com

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: Lilo] #564107
01/06/10 03:47 PM
01/06/10 03:47 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
I bet Arenas gets suspended for the season. He doesn't get the seriousness of the gun incident and has been acting like a moron.

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: klydon1] #564111
01/06/10 05:16 PM
01/06/10 05:16 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Originally Posted By: klydon1
I bet Arenas gets suspended for the season. He doesn't get the seriousness of the gun incident and has been acting like a moron.

You may have called it. The Commissioner has suspended him indefinitely without pay pending completion of investigation.

"Although it is clear that the actions of Mr. Arenas will ultimately result in a substantial suspension, and perhaps worse, his ongoing conduct has led me to conclude that he is not currently fit to take the court in an NBA game," commissioner David Stern said in a statement Wednesday. "Accordingly, I am suspending Mr. Arenas indefinitely, without pay, effective immediately pending the completion of the investigation by the NBA."

Winter is Coming

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: Lilo] #564159
01/06/10 11:36 PM
01/06/10 11:36 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
What's bad about this is Arenas isn't really a bad guy. He just likes to be funny and entertain people. Yes he made a mistake, but the worst part about it is that the NBA has really turned things around in this area, so the casual observer will point to this and say "AH HA! The NBA still has problems, that's why I don't watch anymore", even though the thug attitude and selfish individual play has diminished. The level of team play has improved and players seem to really want to win now instead of just pad their personal stats and street image.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: Blibbleblabble] #564170
01/07/10 12:25 AM
01/07/10 12:25 AM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
What's bad about this is Arenas isn't really a bad guy. He just likes to be funny and entertain people. Yes he made a mistake, but the worst part about it is that the NBA has really turned things around in this area, so the casual observer will point to this and say "AH HA! The NBA still has problems, that's why I don't watch anymore", even though the thug attitude and selfish individual play has diminished. The level of team play has improved and players seem to really want to win now instead of just pad their personal stats and street image.

but, you still have those refs that make some shady calls and david stern really needs to leave...other wise the league is getting better...unless the team you root for sucks.

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: BAM_233] #564195
01/07/10 10:47 AM
01/07/10 10:47 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
This columnist is calling for a lifetime ban for Arenas as well as a NBA ban on players owning weapons. I think that both stances are reactionary. Arenas is a goofball to be sure and he did something stupid and illegal. But I think the NBA should let whatever legal proceedings occur play themselves out before it considers a lifetime ban.

I'm not at all sure that such a thing would be upheld because it would surely go to arbitration-just as the Sprewell situation did. But even though I might disagree with a lifetime ban I would accept the NBA's right to impose it because it's about something that happened in the workplace. If Arenas is stupid enough to play with guns I would shed no tears for him losing his job.

I would not accept the NBA's right to prevent its players from owning guns. Gun ownership is legal and as long as players who own guns obey the law in whatever state or municipality they happen to be in, it's not the NBA's business. Not only are some players hunters (e.g former player Karl Malone) but many have a real concern about personal protection for themselves and their families. (e.g the incidents with Eddy Curry, Antoine Walker, Sean Taylor, Jerome McDougall, etc)
Lifetime Ban and Gun Ban

Winter is Coming

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: Lilo] #564196
01/07/10 10:56 AM
01/07/10 10:56 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
I think I may have mentioned it before but independent of the Arenas situation , which so far I think Stern has handled about right, I would like to see a different person as NBA commissioner. Stern has been in that job since 1984 and that's more than long enough. I would like to see commisioners elected to five or six year terms and have a limit of fifteen to eighteen years in the job. No one is indispensable.

Winter is Coming

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: Lilo] #564205
01/07/10 11:42 AM
01/07/10 11:42 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
According to this the other fellow is just as responsible.
Either way people should know not to bring guns to work.

Crittenton Chambered a Round??

Winter is Coming

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: Lilo] #564223
01/07/10 12:24 PM
01/07/10 12:24 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
I agree with you, Lilo, that a lifetime ban would be hasty and an overly passionate response. The indefinite suspension is better than a year long suspension because it compels Arenas to take some positive initiative to return to the league. He can't just hang out in a beach house and cross off dates on a calendar.

I thought the most telling phrase of Stern's statement was that Arenas was "not fit" to take the court in an NBA game. The NBA has done a remarkable job in elevating its image with outstanding personalities and incredible athletes. Probably more than any other major team sport, they conduct themselves admirably away from the sport.

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: klydon1] #564229
01/07/10 01:57 PM
01/07/10 01:57 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
I have mixed emotions about Arenas. While I think what he did was patently stupid, I really believe that he is just not a smart human being. By no means should that be an excuse for his inexcusable choice of bringing guns to the locker room and "fooling" around with his teammate with the guns. I just believe that he is almost completely devoid of any common sense. Why he made light of the incident, posted on Twitter, and posed with his hands like guns before a game is beyond me.

At the same time, he has not appeared to be a thug, like say a Ron Artest. I think the initial reaction by David Stern was correct and Arenas should have a long time away from the NBA to contemplate his lack of intelligence. My suggestion is to suspend him for one year: the rest of this season until January 1, 2011.

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: goombah] #564238
01/07/10 04:09 PM
01/07/10 04:09 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Detroit has lost 11 in a row. If the playoffs started now we wouldn't be in them. That's just as well. The problem is that I don't see how Dumars changes this team around anytime soon. I certainly hope there is some trade for a functional big man before the deadline. That probably means giving up Rip and (hopefully) Maxiell or Stuckey. But since Rip and Maxiell both recently signed contract extensions, who would want to give value for them?

Winter is Coming

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: Lilo] #564239
01/07/10 04:29 PM
01/07/10 04:29 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Detroit has lost 11 in a row. If the playoffs started now we wouldn't be in them. That's just as well. The problem is that I don't see how Dumars changes this team around anytime soon. I certainly hope there is some trade for a functional big man before the deadline. That probably means giving up Rip and (hopefully) Maxiell or Stuckey. But since Rip and Maxiell both recently signed contract extensions, who would want to give value for them?

is there even anybody rumored of being traded besides anybody on the bulls, anybody on the knicks, boozer, t-mac, and etc.

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: BAM_233] #564242
01/07/10 05:00 PM
01/07/10 05:00 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Originally Posted By: BAM_233

is there even anybody rumored of being traded besides anybody on the bulls, anybody on the knicks, boozer, t-mac, and etc.

TJ Ford isn't happy in Indiana. Mo Peterson might be available from New Orleans. Brock Lopez and Yi Jianlian don't seem to be meshing too well.

Winter is Coming

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: Lilo] #564243
01/07/10 05:13 PM
01/07/10 05:13 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
I vaguely remember this player in Detroit from the late seventies but I mostly remember stories told about him. Anyway, when Bad News Barnes says you've gone too far, things are getting very weird.

Bad News Barnes: Arenas went too far

Winter is Coming

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: Lilo] #564398
01/08/10 08:01 PM
01/08/10 08:01 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Darko Milicic says Pistons wasted their pick on him
The Detroit News

Every NBA observer would say that Darko Milicic was a wasted draft pick by the Pistons in 2003.

Milicic agrees.

The Pistons took Milicic second overall in 2003 -- after LeBron James -- and missed the opportunity to take Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh or Dwyane Wade, who went 3-4-5 to the Nuggets, Raptors and Heat, respectively. Anthony, Bosh and Wade are bona fide NBA stars, while Milicic has become a seldom-used NBA journeyman.

Milicic was asked by SLAM magazine if he gets upset when it is suggested the Pistons wasted their No. 2 pick on him.

"They did," Milicic told the magazine. "They did waste a pick. Why did they take me? Who knows if I really had a chance to play like these players that play like Dwyane Wade or Carmelo. Those guys are incredible players."

Milicic languished on the bench in Detroit for three seasons before Joe Dumars gave up on his failed pick and traded Milicic to Orlando. Milicic also has been with Memphis and the Knicks, and recently said this season would be his last in the NBA.

"For me, being a second pick, I don't get why they didn't play me at all," Milicic told SLAM. "Why did they take me? You should take someone that they really think was gonna play right away because just taking someone to sit on the bench, you waste a pick and you waste the guy's time.

"You wasted my time for three years not playing so you (mess) up a player and you (mess) up yourself, and I just didn't get it. I guess they thought they were gonna be champions forever."

Winter is Coming

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: Lilo] #564399
01/08/10 08:08 PM
01/08/10 08:08 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Darko Milicic says Pistons wasted their pick on him
The Detroit News

Every NBA observer would say that Darko Milicic was a wasted draft pick by the Pistons in 2003.

Milicic agrees.

The Pistons took Milicic second overall in 2003 -- after LeBron James -- and missed the opportunity to take Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh or Dwyane Wade, who went 3-4-5 to the Nuggets, Raptors and Heat, respectively. Anthony, Bosh and Wade are bona fide NBA stars, while Milicic has become a seldom-used NBA journeyman.

Milicic was asked by SLAM magazine if he gets upset when it is suggested the Pistons wasted their No. 2 pick on him.

"They did," Milicic told the magazine. "They did waste a pick. Why did they take me? Who knows if I really had a chance to play like these players that play like Dwyane Wade or Carmelo. Those guys are incredible players."

Milicic languished on the bench in Detroit for three seasons before Joe Dumars gave up on his failed pick and traded Milicic to Orlando. Milicic also has been with Memphis and the Knicks, and recently said this season would be his last in the NBA.

"For me, being a second pick, I don't get why they didn't play me at all," Milicic told SLAM. "Why did they take me? You should take someone that they really think was gonna play right away because just taking someone to sit on the bench, you waste a pick and you waste the guy's time.

"You wasted my time for three years not playing so you (mess) up a player and you (mess) up yourself, and I just didn't get it. I guess they thought they were gonna be champions forever."

wow thats sad...lol

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: BAM_233] #564402
01/08/10 08:15 PM
01/08/10 08:15 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Evidently Orlando, Memphis and New York all wasted his time too. Per NYdailynews the Knicks might be trying to buy him out.

Winter is Coming

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: Lilo] #564404
01/08/10 08:25 PM
01/08/10 08:25 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Evidently Orlando, Memphis and New York all wasted his time too. Per NYdailynews the Knicks might be trying to buy him out.

not surprised...kwame brown seems to be on a team every season lol

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: BAM_233] #564635
01/11/10 05:18 PM
01/11/10 05:18 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
By Marc Stein ESPN

We’ve reached that point in the season where chatter on the NBA grapevine inevitably spawns more chatter. Not that I imagine you’ll protest.
The following are a few more tidbits picked up from various executives, coaches, scouts and league insiders in follow-up discussions generated by this week’s Weekend Dime:

Denver’s desire to acquire an extra big man to throw at the defending champs from L.A. is no secret. What I didn’t realize until the weekend is the need to start describing the Nuggets’ affection for Pacer lifer Jeff Foster in stronger terms.

Love is the word used by two sources close to the situation.

The obstacles to a Foster-to-Denver deal, though, are considerable.

Obstacle No. 1: Foster has one more season left on his contract after this season at nearly $6.7 million and has a 15-percent trade kicker in his contract. As much as the Nuggets would be thrilled to have Foster – giving them one more mobile counter to all of the Lakers’ feared size – that’s a lot to take on for a team that’s already looking at a luxury-tax payment in July of more than $5 million.

Obstacle No. 2: My man Chad Ford noted in his latest chat that the Nuggets would almost certainly need to find a third team to facilitate a deal for Foster unless they were willing to surrender rookie guard Ty Lawson. And you obviously presume Denver won't be surrendering the speedy Lawson, who Chad says Indy nearly chose ahead Tyler Hansbrough and looks like an absolute steal as last June's No. 18 pick.

An assumption in circulation all season held that Detroit would try to move Rip Hamilton before any other Piston because there isn't enough room in one rotation for Rip, Ben Gordon and Rodney Stuckey.

The reality is that Tayshaun Prince would appear to be the most likely of Detroit's championship holdovers to be dealt first, since Prince possesses the more cap-friendly contract.

Only one season remains on Prince's deal after this season at $11.1 million. The Pistons, furthermore, also have a few young guys they like (Austin Daye, Jonas Jerebko and DaJuan Summers) who can play some 3.

Matters are complicated by the fact that injuries have limited both Piston mainstays to nine games each this season. But it's clear that the Pistons have to make a move for a true point guard or a dependable big man ... not necessarily to bust out of this 12-game losing streak but for their long-term future.

"I know there are a lot of conversations going on," one source said. "I'm sure Tay's in play."

Winter is Coming

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: Lilo] #564672
01/12/10 07:32 AM
01/12/10 07:32 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
How many people have seen the movie "American Me"? Remember the scene between Santana and J.D. in which J.D. expresses doubt about Santana's heart? With a 13 game losing streak in Detroit I wouldn't be surprised if the latest meeting between Dumars and Kuester went something like this..

Joe Dumars: I hear Tayshaun's name is on a piece of paper, ese.
John Kuester: I want you to cosign it.
Joe Dumars: I'm taking it off, ese.
John Kuester: That punk missed 20 games, set us all back. Now he’s running around talking loud s*** about how he wants out of Detroit. His number’s up, homes.
Joe Dumars: I said I’m taking it off, ese.
John Kuester: What’s gonna happen is gonna happen. Don’t try to stop it. You understand me? I’m asking you, carnal.
Joe Dumars: Is that where it's gotten to, ese?
John Kuester: Fans are talking about you.
Joe Dumars: What are they saying, ese?
John Kuester: They’re saying that you’re not showing them anything.

Winter is Coming

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: Lilo] #565369
01/18/10 09:55 PM
01/18/10 09:55 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Pistons, Palace may be for sale
Chris McCosky / The Detroit News

Detroit -- The ownership of Detroit's pro sports teams -- for so long the stable domain of the Fords, Ilitches and Davidsons -- appears to be headed for a shake-up, one that would alter the sports landscape in the next few years.

Karen Davidson, who has inherited ownership of the Pistons and Palace Sports and Entertainment (the overseers of The Palace of Auburn Hills) from her late husband, William Davidson, is seriously considering selling both properties.

Sources close to the negotiations have told The Detroit News she has had a conversation with NBA Commissioner David Stern on the process and protocol for attracting potential buyers.

On top of that, the Red Wings have yet to renew their lease with Joe Louis Arena. Although Red Wings General Manager Ken Holland told reporters Sunday he fully expects the team to play at the arena next season, the Ilitch family has been seeking other options.

One of those options is The Palace of Auburn Hills.

Neither Davidson nor members of the Ilitch family could be reached for comment Sunday. The Wings and Palace Sports and Entertainment have been working on a lease agreement for more than a year.

Winter is Coming

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: Lilo] #565378
01/18/10 10:33 PM
01/18/10 10:33 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
What does that mean? Where is Auburn Hills? Sometimes I think the business end of sports is what ruins it. I'm sorry to bring up baseball in the NBA thread, but it's along the same line. The San Diego Padres owner has been going through a rough divorce which has resulted in a team on the rise to be completely decimated. The Los Angeles Dodgers seem to be going through the same exact thing this year. As much as I hate the Dodgers, I don't want to see them fail because of the owners failed marriage. I wish teams could be owned by the city itself, the tax payers, so that personal issues in ownership couldn't effect the fans.

Money can ruin sports.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: Blibbleblabble] #565406
01/19/10 06:24 AM
01/19/10 06:24 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
It means that maybe Dumars might need to update his resume.. whistle

Seriously though, I don't know. Once there is actually a sale in the works perhaps Dumars will be told to dump salary?

The Detroit Pistons do not play in the City of Detroit proper but in Auburn Hills, a smaller city about 35 miles north of downtown Detroit. The Red Wings do play in the City of Detroit but their arena needs a lot of work done which ownership may not want to pay for and the City may not be able to afford. So the ownership hasn't resigned the lease as yet and is looking for other venues.

Winter is Coming

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: Lilo] #565559
01/20/10 07:20 AM
01/20/10 07:20 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
It's all about the money.

Estate fight for Piston's ownership

Winter is Coming

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: Lilo] #565560
01/20/10 07:35 AM
01/20/10 07:35 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Eddie Johnson's top ten disappointing NBA players.
The Top Ten

Winter is Coming

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: Lilo] #565649
01/21/10 11:23 AM
01/21/10 11:23 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Now that we are officially past the halfway point in the regular season, I will be interested to see if Mike Brown starts getting Shaq more involved in the offense. To date, he's only averaging 10, 6 and 1 block per game. In Tuesday's win against Toronto, the Diesel had 16 points. He might ratchet it up again tonight vs. the Lakers.

For Cleveland to be a force in the East, Shaq will have to be more involved offensively. That would give them 3 legitimate scoring threats: LBJ, Mo Williams and Shaq.

All of the contenders in the Eastern Conference have some issues, either with injuries or not yet jelling. It will be interesting to see if there are any major moves made by the trading deadline and if whether said moves have a significant impact.

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: goombah] #565731
01/22/10 06:32 AM
01/22/10 06:32 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
I haven't been following Cleveland closely but is Shaq still capable of getting more involved consistently?

Winter is Coming

Re: 2009-2010 NBA Discussion [Re: Lilo] #565742
01/22/10 09:22 AM
01/22/10 09:22 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
I haven't been following Cleveland closely but is Shaq still capable of getting more involved consistently?

Not as much as he once was, but I think he can be more involved. I believe that the Cavs have been saving Shaq for the 2nd half of the season and the playoffs. If you saw the Christmas Day game against L.A., Shaq's mere presence in the middle gave a dynamic to the Cavs that has not been there. I think Shaq was brought here to give matchup problems for the Celtics, Magic, and Lakers. He will not be able to give 38 minutes, but his presence along with Hickson and Varaejo give Cleveland a much better interior defense.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4