GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (mustachepete), 276 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,030
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,317
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Tom's Reaction to Fredo's Murder [Re: Guiseppe Petri] #568191
02/28/10 12:26 PM
02/28/10 12:26 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: Guiseppe Petri
regarding D.B.C.H., i thought you could only be MADE if your were completely italian? i'm not saying he couldn't whack somebody, anybody can. But, my question is the made aspect of it. Look at how many people The Iceman whacked for the mob and he was not made because he was Polish.

The induction rules have changed over the decades. Now you need only have one parent (apparently still your father) Italian. Some families may insist on both though.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Tom's Reaction to Fredo's Murder [Re: olivant] #568194
02/28/10 01:10 PM
02/28/10 01:10 PM
J
JCrusher Online content
Underboss
JCrusher  Online Content
J
Underboss
You are 100% right the rules have changed. Junior Gotti is only half italian or maybe 3/4 i'm not sure but he is not full blooded italian. In the old days you not only had to be italian but specifically Sicilian

Re: Tom's Reaction to Fredo's Murder [Re: AppleOnYa] #573125
05/03/10 01:20 PM
05/03/10 01:20 PM
New York
L
Louren_Lampone Offline
Made Member
Louren_Lampone  Offline
L
Made Member
New York
Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
I don't see that it does.

Why would Tom guess that Fredo was in New York? Maybe because other than Vegas, New York was the only home Fredo had ever know and where else would the buffoon go, having no connections & no source of income anywhere else? It was the logical conclusion.

Apple

I disagree. Tom definitely knew where Fredo was. I believe this because as soon as Michael asks him where his brother is, Tom immediately tries to deflect, like TB said. Tom is not a stutterer, so it was even more apparent as he fishes for what he thinks Michael wants to hear. You can hear Tom go "Uhhh, he must be in NY". Tom knew. And Mike knew he knew.

"Now, that plane goes to Miami."
"That's right. That's where I want it met."
Re: Tom's Reaction to Fredo's Murder [Re: Louren_Lampone] #573768
05/14/10 02:00 PM
05/14/10 02:00 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Louren_Lampone
... as soon as Michael asks him where his brother is, Tom immediately tries to deflect, like TB said. Tom is not a stutterer, so it was even more apparent as he fishes for what he thinks Michael wants to hear...

Wrong.

Foremost on Tom's mind in that scene, from the moment they settle in the room is that he has to break to Michael the news of Kay's 'miscarriage'. His body language is clear. Telling Michael 'what he thinks Michael wants to hear', especially about something as important as Fredo's whereabouts...is something that Tom would've been too intelligent to attempt. In any case he has NO interest in protecting Fredo, whom he knew as well as anybody was a traitor.

For the same reason, while not certainly not happy with it I would guess Tom's reaction to Fredo's murder was that it was entirely justified.

While I usually hate to intertwine the film(s) with the novel, Tom's dialogue with Kay at the very end of the book pretty much sets up why he would feel this way.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Tom's Reaction to Fredo's Murder [Re: AppleOnYa] #573900
05/17/10 11:34 AM
05/17/10 11:34 AM
New York
L
Louren_Lampone Offline
Made Member
Louren_Lampone  Offline
L
Made Member
New York
I see what you mean about Tom's uneasiness because he has to break the news of the miscarriage. But if Tom didn't know that Fredo was in NY, why did Michael immediately say "i want you to get word to him?"

Plus, I don't think there's room on this thread for anyone to be "right" or "wrong"...that's all I'm saying. Let's agree to disagree smile

"Now, that plane goes to Miami."
"That's right. That's where I want it met."
Re: Tom's Reaction to Fredo's Murder [Re: Louren_Lampone] #573906
05/17/10 01:22 PM
05/17/10 01:22 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Ok, here's the actual dialogue from transcript:

MICHAEL: I asked about FREDO.

TOM: Uh, I think he got out - he must be somewhere in New York.

MICHAEL: Alright - I want you to get in touch with him. I know he's scared, tell him everything's all right. Tell him I know ROTH misled him and he didn't know they were planing to kill me.

That indicates Tom is guessing that Fredo may have fled to NY - because again, where else would he go?!? Other than Nevada it was the only home he knew and had neither the brains nor the finances to get anywhere else. What possible reason would Tom have to 'cover up' for or protect him by claiming he didn't know where Fredo was?

Michael's answer indicates that wherever Fredo turned up, assuming as they did that he made it out of Cuba...then Tom was to find him and give him that message. End of story.

And sure, we can agree to disagree, it's all 'interpretation', etc.

But if I feel someone's interpretation is wrong, I'll let them know. It's business, not personal. That's all I'm saying... smile

Apple

Last edited by AppleOnYa; 05/17/10 01:24 PM.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull