GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Lana, RushStreet), 335 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,538
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,996
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,357
Posts1,059,160
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 95 1 2 3 4 5 6 94 95
Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: J Geoff] #528236
01/12/09 01:20 PM
01/12/09 01:20 PM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
Damn youtube links....

Last edited by whisper; 01/12/09 01:21 PM. Reason: never mind

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: J Geoff] #528253
01/12/09 03:26 PM
01/12/09 03:26 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Originally Posted By: J Geoff
Originally Posted By: Longneck
Geoff can use it, so can you tongue

At least I do use it. tongue

Whisper, it takes a bit to figure out, but it's not that bad once you get used to it. But for your purposes, MySpace is better for bands and such by far. Facebook is more about keeping in touch w/ friends...

I use it every day.

I have myspace but facebook is so much better because people can't put black text on top of a black background and whatnot.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: Longneck] #528261
01/12/09 03:51 PM
01/12/09 03:51 PM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
Fuck Facebook.

Myspace all the way!!

Cop some bulletins in YOUR FACE...[BadWord]

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: whisper] #528269
01/12/09 04:17 PM
01/12/09 04:17 PM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Not anymore!

Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: Longneck] #528270
01/12/09 04:24 PM
01/12/09 04:24 PM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
Well done.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: whisper] #528273
01/12/09 04:28 PM
01/12/09 04:28 PM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Rehab is for quitters

Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: Longneck] #528299
01/12/09 08:06 PM
01/12/09 08:06 PM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Quote:
Projects- These are two projects where you will watch a movie and answer questions. The purpose of the questions are to relate criminal activity to theory. I have three sets of questions, but you will only need to do two. For the first video you MUST pick one of these two and watch it: Hackers or Speed. For the second video you will need a video that depicts organized crime. My suggestion is The Departed. However, this video contains graphic violence, nudity, and very vulgar language. If you find that offensive you may find another organized crime movie of your choice. Just clear it with me first.

grin

Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: Longneck] #528353
01/13/09 10:23 AM
01/13/09 10:23 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
My 2 year old boy,Matthew,is a genius it has been officially declared tongue

Last night at dinner he was playing up,refusing to eat his macaroni cheese so his mother weedled him into eating 10 forkfulls. "I will con him here" she said to me winking.

So off he went,shovelling forkloads in while his mother counted him down. Little did my wife realise though, is that when i take him to bed i count him up the stairs,of which there are 13....

5,6,7, says Mrs Yogi and then as he put another fork in she says "4",hence trying the fix.

Matthew lowers his fork,glares at her and then says

"Silly Mammy,its 8 not 4" eek

My wife nearly fell off her chair.

Ithought it was both hilarious and brilliant.

Thats my boy cool

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #528355
01/13/09 10:59 AM
01/13/09 10:59 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
It really sucks when the children start to trip up the parents!! Usually the youngest learn too much from the older ones. In this case it was Dad! That is too cute, Yogi.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: Sicilian Babe] #528357
01/13/09 11:46 AM
01/13/09 11:46 AM
Don Sicilia Offline
Don Sicilia  Offline

Great story, Yogi! Looks like you have a math genius in the making!

Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #528361
01/13/09 12:34 PM
01/13/09 12:34 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I heard earlier today that Patrick Swayze admitted himself to the hospital for pneumonia. This makes me so sad. frown I don't know a lot about his personal life, nor have I seen all of his films (I loved Ghost),but he always seems so down to earth. The fact that he's stayed married to his wife for such a long time is admirable (very very rare if not impossible in his line of work).

Did anyone see his interview with Barbara Walters in which he talked about his cancer and the fact that he was given 2 years to live. frown Although he's said he's fighting all the way, it doesn't sound very good. I just feel so bad for him.

TIS
Story

Call me a pessimist, but two years sounds unrealistic for Patrick Swayze or anyone suffering from pancreatic cancer. I've known of a few people with it. One died a few weeks after being diagnosed, another lasted about 9 months, and a relative of mine lasted 14 months. It's all about when it is detected but is ultimately a death sentence and not treatable. NFL executive Gene Upshaw was diagnosed this past summer on a Sunday and died the following week. I hope Swayze can buck the odds, but it seems like an extreme longshot.

Chemo does nothing to substantially improve the patient with pancreatic cancer. All it does is delay the inevitable and, as Mig said, weakens the person to the point where he/she is more likely to have other medical problems because of the low immune system. For those of you who have seen a person who takes chemo, it can be very difficult to cope with because of the potential for so many adverse side effects.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: goombah] #528367
01/13/09 01:07 PM
01/13/09 01:07 PM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
Are they tainted with prodigy's changing myths horribly
facts vary switch up the Ancient Mythology
Take it as honesty verse gets to the cranium
5000 Bc heads first Mesopotamian
Track the phony men appearing when the truth mirrors them
Babylonian, Assyrian and Sumerian
Combination's collectively becoming one
On the basis of threats and greed The Thunder come
Under Sun some Plunder Run The crops are void
Mothers sons hunt other Huns The spots destroyed
Got no choice now Defiant on the war trips
Stomped deploy see The Giants from the Norse Myths
Force kids quick on a ride for the fighting
Zeus striking with lightning or the Pride of the Vikings
Tortured men only it's Thor vs Loki
All fallen slowly to forced thoughts of phonies

Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: whisper] #528373
01/13/09 02:00 PM
01/13/09 02:00 PM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

YEAH BOYEE

Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: Longneck] #528490
01/14/09 07:19 PM
01/14/09 07:19 PM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Uhhh....

Quote:
We have found your resume at website Career Builder and are eager to inform you that we are ready to offer you a vacant position of the "Financial Agent".

We looked through your skills and became sure that you correspond to our requirements. The position of the money agent will require from you a half-day activity.
Your work will consist in transferring money among our clients.

Job scheme will comprise the following:
1. You get a check by mail.
2. Than you cash check
3. You transfer the money to our clients

Your earning will be 8 % of the amount of each check.
Additionally we are going to effect you USD 1500as your salary at the end of each month.
Required skills to start this job:
- Internet and e-mail skills; Experience in online work;
- Honesty, responsibility and promptness in operations;
- Prior customer service experience is a good benefit;
- Good communications skills

General requirements:
- Effective interaction with customers;

- Willingness to take the responsibility to set up and achieve goals;
- Ability to create good administrative reporting;

This job will allow you to:
- Effective interaction with customers;

- Willingness to take the responsibility to set up and achieve goals;
- Ability to create good administrative reporting;
- Efficiently work at home;
- Get financial independence working only 3-5 hours per day;

In addition we will be able to offer you USD $ 2‚500 as a monthly payment after completion of the trial period. In case you are interested in the position, please answer this message.
We will contact you within 2 business days.

IF YOU ARE WILLING TO WORK WITH US PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS
You should register on the site as a financial agent: APPLY NOW!

and to top it off it was placed between these walls of text:

If compensation adjustments are associated with your review, gently remind your boss that it would be helpful to know what your salary will be for the year so you can budget accordingly. Hopefully, your boss will take the hint. Balancing the holidays and the demands of the job is easy if everything is written down. Of course, keeping a day planner with important events and dinners written down is the easiest first step. Then around these events, I schedule into the day planner grocery shopping, gift shopping, etc. Online gift shopping always makes the best use of time, and this can be done on the lunch hour. Also, to stay organized, I keep a small notebook with a list and running tally of everyone I purchase gifts for. In that manner, no one is forgotten, and finances are kept in check. My children are included in the notebook also. I even plan the day I can get Christmas cards out and wrap presents. This may seem overboard, but with two preschoolers, it is necessary. In August right before school, I have my nine nieces and nephews and my four children make lists of everything they think they can't live without. Then I talk to my mom and ask her what she would like or I give her some options. I look online, find the best price and go for it. I have a late day every Wednesday when I work from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. I get up at my normal time: 5:30 a.m. At 7, I am at the stores. This way, I don't have to take time off, nor am I in anyone's way. The stores are so peaceful -- all you hear is carts packed with more stock just for us to buy. You can get up each and every aisle with no brushing carts, no excuse me, no kids running out in front of you trying to get that toy. You can shop in the clearance section with no interruptions. From 7 a.m. to 9 a.m., I get all I can. If I need help, I ask. Don't be afraid to ask; that is what they are there for -- to help you, the consumer. Enjoy yourself, and have fun shopping for the little munchkins.
Part Time Position

"job" info here

Clearly convey to employees who is invited to the party. If spouses or children are not included, say so. I capitalize on the efficiency of the Internet to do a lot of shopping these days. This way, I am not taking as many extended lunches for shopping, and whatever I need is dropped off at my doorstep (or my job, depending on which address I use). Also, I am a night person, so I do a great deal of my sorting, wrapping, crafting, etc. between 11 p.m. and 1 a.m. I don't usually take a lot of time off during the holidays, because the office is virtually empty. This allows me a little downtime during the day, so I'm ready to do my night owl thing later on! Appeal to Everyone with Golden Oldies: Tunes can be tough, as individuals within families (let alone companies and cultures) can have vastly different tastes. Anything too genre- or culture-specific may strike a sour note. To make everyone happy, Thiederman suggests going back in time. "Try historical music, the big bands and sounds of the '40s. It's less of a hot button than if you play rap, and have no Christmas carols." Celebrations can create a "kinship group" with coworkers from other cultures. "Get everyone together in a room to be light and buoyant and to celebrate without using any individual [religious or cultural] symbols," suggests Theiderman. Too many people are unhappy around the holidays. They run themselves ragged trying to come up with presents for too many people they don't care that much about. They expect too much: a Norman Rockwell dinner, the present they always wanted, romance when they didn't have it all year, etc. Consider scaling down the size and expectations for your holidays. Buy, or better, make presents only for the people you really care about, and the heck with sending out 9,000 cards. Take the time to enjoy the holidays' simple pleasures: the music, the beautifully decorated homes and whatever other delights you don't take the time to enjoy the rest of the year. You can also implement a method to manage contacts. "It doesn't matter if you're using contact-management software, a spreadsheet, a handwritten chart or an old Rolodex - do what works for you and keeps you on track with your networking," says Harvey. Avoid Secret Santa and anonymous employee gift exchanges. An innocent stocking stuffer could inadvertently cause discomfort or offense (e.g., a Muslim receives a Christmas angel). Clarify any information you needed to check on for the interviewer. "It seems that business just keeps going through the holidays," says John Challenger, CEO of outplacement and search firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas in Chicago. "There doesn't seem to be the kind of letup that there used to be." As HR staffers, we often receive the leftover salary crumbs, because we neglect to prepare for our own year-end reviews. Don't let this happen to you. Instead, follow this advice to ensure a review that will help your career: Don't focus just on Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa. These can conflict with Ramadan or Diwali. Don't focus just on Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa. These can conflict with Ramadan or Diwali. And most importantly, plug your skills. Use the last paragraph as a chance to state, "The job is a good fit for me because of XYZ and my past experience in XYZ." Holiday party planning can get dicey when companies add diversity to their merrymaking mix. How do you appeal to all without leaving someone out in the cold? I make it a priority to be with my family and friends for the holidays. I request my time off and work early January. However, I do work some weekend days to compensate for time off during the holidays. Whether you're attending an employer-sponsored party or holiday networking event, make the most of social gatherings by planning in advance. "Set a goal to meet, connect with and learn from three to five people at an event," advises Andrea Nierenberg, a New York City-based speaker and trainer and author of Million Dollar Networking. "Do your research before going so you know something about those you might meet." Relax, relate and release. This is the time to catch up with old friends, stop and have a cup of herbal tea and catch up on family issues. Also, try and take time to make obtainable goals for the new year. Job Ads: Search for your target job on Monster, and review the skills it requires. You may not possess all of them, but look for skills that are somehow related to those you developed via another career, hobby or educational pursuit. If the company you interviewed with is formal and traditional, use snail mail to send your thank-you note. What you say and how you say it are even more important than the manner in which you send it. A standard thank-you note should accomplish several things: Job Ads: Search for your target job on Monster, and review the skills it requires. You may not possess all of them, but look for skills that are somehow related to those you developed via another career, hobby or educational pursuit. "Put the emphasis on celebrating," advises workplace diversity consultant Sondra Thiederman, PhD, author of Making Diversity Work, founder of Cross-Cultural Communications and a Monster contributing writer. The key: "Focus more on what we share and less on where we differ." The holidays are generally a time filled with festivities, good cheer and even better food. So, who wants to work? Get wide input from your employees on holiday planning. Ask as many groups as possible. December is a busy time for us HR professionals. In addition to preparing the new year's staffing plan, we are the driving forces behind year-end performance and salary reviews. We understand that employees take their salaries quite personally, so we focus a lot of our energies on making sure the process goes smoothly for all. But what about us? Of course, the office holiday party is a litigator's delight. One wrong word, and your goose could be cooked -- well, sued. Flirt with your supervisee, and instead of hearing angels on high, you could be listening to the sounds of a sexual harassment suit. Celebrations can create a "kinship group" with coworkers from other cultures. "Get everyone together in a room to be light and buoyant and to celebrate without using any individual [religious or cultural] symbols," suggests Theiderman. , take some steps now to make it easier to cover your holiday expenses next year. If you get a pay raise this January, Zohlen recommends earmarking some of that -- say just $50 to $100 per month -- toward next year's holiday savings fund. Have it deposited directly into an interest-bearing savings account or money-market fund so you don't get used to having the extra money -- and don't get a chance to spend it on anything else. At the end of the year, you could have $1,200 for gifts without making any sacrifices.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: Longneck] #528494
01/14/09 07:48 PM
01/14/09 07:48 PM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
The Don's Official Sooth Sayer
Santino Brasi  Offline
The Don's Official Sooth Sayer
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
JG's latest Picture in motivational poster form

He - (Simón Bolívar) - was shaken by the overwhelming revelation that the headlong race between his misfortunes and his dreams was at that moment reaching the finishing line. The rest was darkness. "Damn it," He sighed. "How will I ever get out of this labyrinth!"

So what’s the labyrinth?

That’s the mystery isn’t it? Is the labyrinth living or dying? Which is he trying to escape - the world, or, the end of it?
Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: Santino Brasi] #528558
01/15/09 04:44 AM
01/15/09 04:44 AM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
We found a cat outside tonight, which has apparently been one of the visitors that has my cats so interested in going outside each night. He looks and acts a lot like my Tiger - he was shy about not knowing me, yet at the same time wanted to be friendly. We brought him in at first, worried he'd run off and end up being a lost pet that someone was trying to find, but he went nuts, so we had to let him back out.

I couldn't help picking him up and petting him, and we set out food and water, so I think Tiger and Angie felt quite betrayed. It took me an hour or so before I won back their love. lol

Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: ginaitaliangirl] #528572
01/15/09 11:33 AM
01/15/09 11:33 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Cats will forgive you when they decide smile

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #528620
01/15/09 04:49 PM
01/15/09 04:49 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Wow... a U.S. Airways commuter plane is down in the Hudson River... I hope everyone's okay! eek

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: J Geoff] #528621
01/15/09 04:50 PM
01/15/09 04:50 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Was it flying into Westchester Airport?? My goodness!! That water is freezing. They just canceled the local ferry because of all the ice in the Hudson!

Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: Sicilian Babe] #528622
01/15/09 04:53 PM
01/15/09 04:53 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

No report yet, but the footage on Fox News shows many ferries and rescue boats trying to help...

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: J Geoff] #528623
01/15/09 04:57 PM
01/15/09 04:57 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Flight from La Guardia to Charlotte NC... plane landed as if it was on a runway, possibly an issue with geese...

I can't imagine, cuz I'm freezing sitting here in my apartment -- it's like 21° out there!

Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: J Geoff] #528624
01/15/09 05:32 PM
01/15/09 05:32 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Flight from La Guardia to Charlotte NC... plane landed as if it was on a runway, possibly an issue with geese...

I can't imagine, cuz I'm freezing sitting here in my apartment -- it's like 21° out there!

Freakin' Server! mad

Everyone seems to have gotten out okay! eek A great miracle!

Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: J Geoff] #528626
01/15/09 06:02 PM
01/15/09 06:02 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I watched the footage. I was thinking about the flight to DC that went down in the Potomac. That had to be 25 years ago. Most of those people froze before they could be rescued.

Seeing people pulled from a plane that was partially submerged in the Hudson was just surreal.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: Sicilian Babe] #528644
01/15/09 08:03 PM
01/15/09 08:03 PM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Sounds like the pilot needs a raise.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: Longneck] #528648
01/15/09 09:16 PM
01/15/09 09:16 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
It's Grissom's last night on CSI and Bush had to give his farewell address just when it starts??? STFU!!!!!!

Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: Sicilian Babe] #528650
01/15/09 09:43 PM
01/15/09 09:43 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
At least his speech was only 15 minutes.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: Longneck] #528651
01/15/09 09:48 PM
01/15/09 09:48 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Here's an image of the passengers being rescued from the plane in the Hudson River today.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: Mignon] #528652
01/15/09 09:49 PM
01/15/09 09:49 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I was wondering why nobody started a thread on this plane crash. I have not been able to read/hear anything til just now. How amazing that EVERYONE survived. eek I hear one person with two broken legs, and all others are minor injuries. How freekin' great for them. smile

I don't know, if I were on the flight, if the crash didn't kill me the freezing, icy water sure would. panic lol

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #528653
01/15/09 09:52 PM
01/15/09 09:52 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
One of the first passengers interviewed was a guy named Jeff. The reporter asked him what the landing was like and he replied, "Scary as shit!" lol

Re: Random Post Whoring (2009) [Re: Sicilian Babe] #528660
01/15/09 10:21 PM
01/15/09 10:21 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
One of the first passengers interviewed was a guy named Jeff. The reporter asked him what the landing was like and he replied, "Scary as shit!" lol

Doesn't that even sound like our Geoff? lol

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Page 4 of 95 1 2 3 4 5 6 94 95

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull