GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (joepuzzles234, Captbony1999, The_Marble_Guy, Friend_of_Henry, 1 invisible), 218 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,885
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What are you eating on Christmas Day? #526172
12/24/08 03:59 PM
12/24/08 03:59 PM
My own world.
whisper Offline OP
Underboss
whisper  Offline OP
Underboss
My own world.
I'm visiting Mum with my Brother and we're having a Prawn Platter, a Leg Of Lamb, heaps of Jim Beam to wash it down, and then some sweets etc.

Personally, I'm happy to feed just off my good friend Jim Beam.

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Re: What are you eating on Christmas Day? [Re: whisper] #526247
12/25/08 08:53 AM
12/25/08 08:53 AM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
The Don's Official Sooth Sayer
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
Well I am starting on Christmas Breakfast (Eggs Benedict) and prepping for Christmas dinner (Bacon Wrapped Scallops, Shrimp Scampi, New York Strip and Misc. Side dishes)

He - (Simón Bolívar) - was shaken by the overwhelming revelation that the headlong race between his misfortunes and his dreams was at that moment reaching the finishing line. The rest was darkness. "Damn it," He sighed. "How will I ever get out of this labyrinth!"

So what’s the labyrinth?

That’s the mystery isn’t it? Is the labyrinth living or dying? Which is he trying to escape - the world, or, the end of it?
Re: What are you eating on Christmas Day? [Re: Santino Brasi] #526272
12/25/08 03:38 PM
12/25/08 03:38 PM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
Breakfast went Smashingly, and I am now preparing the Scallops (Shucking them) and the Shrimp (Beheading, shucking, and deveining)

He - (Simón Bolívar) - was shaken by the overwhelming revelation that the headlong race between his misfortunes and his dreams was at that moment reaching the finishing line. The rest was darkness. "Damn it," He sighed. "How will I ever get out of this labyrinth!"

So what’s the labyrinth?

That’s the mystery isn’t it? Is the labyrinth living or dying? Which is he trying to escape - the world, or, the end of it?
Re: What are you eating on Christmas Day? [Re: Santino Brasi] #526305
12/25/08 11:22 PM
12/25/08 11:22 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Had a great holiday feast. Christmas Eve we had grilled steak with an Italian tomato gravy. I even made fresh Italian bread to top it off.

Today for Christmas, lasagna, sausage, meatballs. This isn't to mention the overload of desserts including pumpkin pie, apple pie, pecan pie, sugar cookies to name a few. I don't care if I eat again for a week.

I swear I am 20 lbs heavier than I was two days ago. :/Just call me chunk-o. lol

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: What are you eating on Christmas Day? [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #526314
12/26/08 12:54 AM
12/26/08 12:54 AM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
Ooh, an Italian Christmas sounds delicious, TIS! And we were the same here with dessert overload - between my grandma and her sister, they brought four pies, and this was added to a huge tray of homemade sweets my uncle brought, brownies, carrot cake, candy, and a frozen cake my other uncle brought that I don't think was even cut! All that could've made up the main meal... lol

Re: What are you eating on Christmas Day? [Re: ginaitaliangirl] #526323
12/26/08 01:37 AM
12/26/08 01:37 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
TIS - Did your family ever do the Feast of the Seven Fishes on Christmas Eve? We used to. It's now turned into more of a non-meat night, although there was crab, shrimp and smoked salmon, a cheese platter, vegetables and dip, zucchini souffle and then gnocchi in a fresh tomato and mascarpone sauce. Really good.

Today my MIL made a rib roast. She did a great job. It was delicious.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: What are you eating on Christmas Day? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #526324
12/26/08 01:42 AM
12/26/08 01:42 AM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
SB- I did a Mini F.o.t.S.F. only there was only 3 fishes... and we did it on Christmas Day grin

So what’s the labyrinth?

Re: What are you eating on Christmas Day? [Re: Santino Brasi] #526338
12/26/08 06:01 AM
12/26/08 06:01 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Christmas Day breakfast we had pancakes,crispy bacon,croissants and maple syrup.

For dinner we had.... turkey,sausages in bacon,stuffing,mashed potato,roast potatoes done in rosemary and garlic,sprouts done in sage and pancetta,cabbage,peppered turnip,parsnip,carrots and spicy gravy. Washed down with wine and beer.

We also had a black forest yule log gateau for dessert.

Later on we had a cheeseboard with ham and pickles and leftover turkey cuts.

All lovely.

Oh i forgot,we had a prawn salad starter!

Last edited by Yogi Barrabbas; 12/26/08 06:02 AM.

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: What are you eating on Christmas Day? [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #526345
12/26/08 09:46 AM
12/26/08 09:46 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Christmas Eve dinner at my mother-in-law's was the usual holday feast: salad, angel hair in garlic and oil, lobster tail and shrimp scampi. Plenty of homemade desserts and wine.

Christmas dinner at my parents' was also delicious. We had shrimp cocktail, a spiral sliced ham, chicken strips in a wine and butter sauce, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, eggplant and rolls. Again there were assorted desserts.

I hit the cookies hard this holiday.

My brother in law also catered a dinner party on the 24th, and gave me a tray of linguine in white clam sauce and a lobster tail to take home. It's in the fridge now and I have plans to dig into it at lunch time.

Re: What are you eating on Christmas Day? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #526354
12/26/08 01:25 PM
12/26/08 01:25 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
TIS - Did your family ever do the Feast of the Seven Fishes on Christmas Eve? We used to. It's now turned into more of a non-meat night, although there was crab, shrimp and smoked salmon, a cheese platter, vegetables and dip, zucchini souffle and then gnocchi in a fresh tomato and mascarpone sauce. Really good.

Today my MIL made a rib roast. She did a great job. It was delicious.

SB,

For whatever reason, no my family never did the fish Christmas Eve. I know of some other "clans" (so to speak) lol of that Italian generation did, but we did not. I know of it but have never participated in it.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: What are you eating on Christmas Day? [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #526618
12/30/08 12:17 AM
12/30/08 12:17 AM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

In a van down by the river!
My Christmas dinner was delayed until yesterday, I had 2 dinners on Christmas but nothing beats my wife's.

My mom made a ham, wife made mashed potatoes, corn pudding, mom made baked beans, wife made some cheesy hash brown cassarole thing I don't eat, some peanut butter balls with some crushed chex mix in them to give them a nice crunch along with the awesome flavor, and some pecan thing I don't eat.

I don't have much of a sweet tooth at all.

Had a huuuuuuuuge plate of leftovers today.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull