GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 241 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,691
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Man in Member Only Jacket (Finale) [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #546953
06/29/09 07:05 PM
06/29/09 07:05 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
The Sopranos was fiction, right? It ended as it ended.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Man in Member Only Jacket (Finale) [Re: olivant] #547596
07/04/09 10:37 PM
07/04/09 10:37 PM
stevapalooza Offline
Button
stevapalooza  Offline
Button
I also believe Tony was whacked, and the reason was most likely Carlo. Remember, he was going to flip, and that could've triggered a domino effect that would've ended up hurting the New York bosses. What if Carlo's testimony was so damning that it made Tony himself flip? Gangsters don't generally like to leave stuff like that to chance. If I was the New York boss and I heard that a high ranking NJ guy was flipping, I'd start cutting all ties too, starting with Tony, the biggest tie.

Re: Man in Member Only Jacket (Finale) [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #553515
08/30/09 06:17 AM
08/30/09 06:17 AM
United Kingdom
G
gottamoveon Offline
Wiseguy
gottamoveon  Offline
G
Wiseguy
United Kingdom
(Phil setting up the hit)It's extremely possible if it was on the same day.(Phils death and Tonys family night out.) Phil and Butch are speaking on the phone when Butch suggests reaching out. He says sorry your breaking up, now we well know that Phil could still hear Butch, but just like the guy that took the food from his plate, Butch has now offended Phil. Phil is the type to kill his own family if he felt betrayed enough. (Vito) It's extremely possible when you think about it.
Especailly if the man was from Italy, as the orders go through a middle man and are not negotiated directly.

Last edited by gottamoveon; 08/30/09 06:20 AM.
Re: Man in Member Only Jacket (Finale) [Re: gottamoveon] #558964
10/29/09 01:55 PM
10/29/09 01:55 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Eugene Pontecorvo wore a Members Only jacket when he whacked a guy in a restaraunt in the first episode of season 6.

A guy in a Members Only jacket is hanging around Tony before the blackness.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Man in Member Only Jacket (Finale) [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #560681
11/18/09 05:03 PM
11/18/09 05:03 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

The scene mirrors not so much Tony's paranoia, but his need to be paranoid. He can't live comfortably, he can't afford to. All this wealth and prosperity has brought him to a miserable, wretched life, with only surface grins and warmth.

In addition, I think a lot of Tony's paranoia was based on the decisions that his children were making, as I would describe Carm and Tony as content with the way the children were turning out, and not happy. They were content, because things could have been infinitely worse after the NY/NJ war and AJ's contrived attempt at suicide. But in fact, their worst fears were coming true with their children as Meadow was looking to marry the son of one of Tony's associates. Are we to believe that she and Jason Parisi were truly going to become civil rights attorneys, or would they turn their legal efforts to helping 'the family'?

But it was AJ's path that was turning the most ominous. After a shallow attempt at suicide, he does a complete 180 (per usual) and decides to join the army. But then, after Tony AND Carmela present a bogus job in the 'film' industry with Carmine Jr., and talk of Tony investing in a future night club, AJ completely drops the Army idea in a split second. In his last scene, before the final supper, when he goes to pick up his girlfriend from school in his new BMW, notice the absence of color in that scene--it has a very 1920's German Expressionism eerieness to it--I think it's synonymous with AJ and his new nihlist pal, who are completely devoid of any real emotion or life at that point. Life really means nothing to AJ b/c he has been given everything by his father (the new car, after the previous one caught fire), which is precisely what Tony told Melfi many times that he didn't want for his son. At the last supper, AJ tells Tony and Carm how much of a phony, artificial job he has with Carmine, Jr. to which Carmela replies, in her typical suburban-mom rhetoric, "You may not know this, young man, but you are gaining valuabe contacts" to which AJ casually shrugs off and quips with his now infamous "Remember the good times, right?" A tell-tale sign that the times at hand were not so good. AJ certainly wouldn't have been able to escape the mafia life if he spent his career operating a night club financed by 'waste management' funds.

Of course, I think Tony's death would have changed all of that. Meadow would have dropped Jason; AJ loses his bogus job with Carmine Jr., and upon his father's death, finally gains a meaning and understanding of life that Tony desperately wanted him to find.

...Thoughts?

Re: Man in Member Only Jacket (Finale) [Re: Ice] #579375
08/18/10 01:24 AM
08/18/10 01:24 AM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKYNXo-jUBo

Season 6I Opener. The song forecasts a lot. Ray being a rat. The word death is mentioned and shows a Train and then Bobby. Meadow is called Guardian Angel and 3rd one out.

Is Meadow being late what allows Tony to get whacked?

Quote:
The ancient Egyptians postulated Seven Souls.

Top soul, and the first to leave Vito at the moment of death, is Ren Janice, the Secret Name. This corresponds to my Director. He directs the film of your life from conception to death. Train Set The Secret Name is the title of your film. When you die, that's where Ren came in.

Second soul Bobby , and second one off the sinking ship, is Sekem:Gino Energy, Power, Light. The Director gives the orders, Sekem presses the right buttons.

MeadowNumber three is Khu, the Guardian Angel. He, she, or it is third man out...

Number four is Ba, the heart -- often treacherous. Ray Curto

Number five is Ka,AJ the Double, most closely associated with the subject. The Ka, which usually reaches adolescence at the time of bodily death, is the only reliable guide through the Land of the Dead

Ade and CarmellaNumber six is Khaibit, the Shadow, Memory, your whole past conditioning from this and other lives.

Number seven is Sekhu, the Remains.Tony and then Junior

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Man in Member Only Jacket (Finale) [Re: Ice] #579768
08/24/10 09:36 PM
08/24/10 09:36 PM
stevapalooza Offline
Button
stevapalooza  Offline
Button
For what it's worth, one of the scenarios Sammy Gravano and John Gotti considered for killing Paul Castellano was to assassinate Paul in a diner he always ate at. Paul's booth was near the men's room, so their plan was to send in someone Paul didn't know, have him walk into the men's room, and then come out shooting. Sound familiar?

Could be a coincidence, but it's obvious from the show that they took a lot of inspiration from real mob stories.

Re: Man in Member Only Jacket (Finale) [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #603906
05/23/11 07:57 PM
05/23/11 07:57 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
If it is an assassin, then:

1) Who is his employer?
2) The answer is most likely New York. But then:
3) Phil's dead. Butchie made the truce with Tony.
4) Why would Butchie kill Tony? It doesn't make sense; without the direction of Phil (or the direction of Tony), the two families wouldn't have much business to attend to.
5) Is it possible that the Members Only guy was employed by Phil, and when Phil was killed, word couldn't get to Members Only? It's possible, but unlikely.

I'm not sure Tony was in fact killed in the end, although it gives you the impression he was. I personally think it's 50/50.

But to add a valid argument to a possible reason for it: you can't just get away with killing a "boss", especially one of the major New York families. Not even if you're a boss from New Jersey.

It doesn't have to be Butchie who gave the order. I agree that it is unlikely the order came from. But it is likely it came from the other families on the Commission. What signal would it give to others that you can get away with killing a boss? From their perspective, they had to make an example and Tony was a rotten apple that had to go. The best solution would have been to make a clean sweep after all the chaos, which Tony was partly responsible for.

And it's also plausible the guy could have been hired by Phill when he was still alive. Something equivalent also happens in Road to Perdition.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull