GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Ciment, 1 invisible), 68 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,152
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,804
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 121 of 121 1 2 119 120 121
Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: pizzaboy] #523211
12/04/08 09:45 PM
12/04/08 09:45 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

In a van down by the river!
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

How about an amendement saying no bush for Bill Clinton for a hundred years? whistle

So just Hilary then? whistle

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Longneck] #523453
12/07/08 12:24 AM
12/07/08 12:24 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
On the way back from the Doctors office yesterday someone still had in their yard a McCain/Palin sign.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Mignon] #523669
12/08/08 11:49 AM
12/08/08 11:49 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Hil stuck in campaign mode: Secretary of state-designate can't stop raising money

By Michael Goodwin, NY Daily News

Sunday, December 7th 2008

The invitations arrive almost daily now, their tone and content so audacious that the first instinct is to suspect they are scripts from "Saturday Night Live" or a piece of clever satire from The Onion. Then they would be funny.

The first e-mail is from Bill Clinton, who begins, "I am sure you have heard the exciting news: Hillary Clinton is nominated to be our next Secretary of State!"

Yes, I had heard the news, but I play along with Bubba anyway, clicking the link he provided to send his wife "a message of congratulations." Alas, the link also gave me the option of contributing money to our next secretary of state.

The pitch is a disappointment, but not a total surprise. In this time of great need in America, who needs your money more than Hillary? It's Christmas, and she's got $7 million in campaign debts she'd rather not pay herself.

Apparently nothing tugs on the holiday heartstrings like being nominated to be America's top diplomat. If that doesn't get you to give till it hurts, nothing will.

Before long, another invitation arrives, this one from Hillary's mother, Dorothy Rodham. She's gushing how "I'm so proud of everything my daughter has accomplished and excited about what her future holds."

After more happy talk about how Hillary has "inspired millions of people, especially young girls," Mom gets to the point. She wants money, too.

She provides a link so I can help Hillary "pay down the debt from her campaign." For $50, I get a copy of "Dreams Taking Flight," a "young readers" hagiographic book about her daughter.

If I cough up $250 or more, Mom says I get "a book that's personally signed by Hillary." The mailing was paid for by "Hillary Clinton for President."

But isn't the campaign over? Didn't the other guy win? Only temporarily, it seems. For as I read a blurb from the book, I learn that Hillary didn't win her party's nomination "this time."

Wait, there's more. My Daily News colleague Michael McAuliff got a copy of a third invitation, this one to a "conversation" with Hillary in a Manhattan ballroom Dec. 15. "President Bill Clinton" is the special guest and the host is America Ferrera, of TV's "Ugly Betty" fame. The evening is in "support of Hillary Clinton for President Debt Relief."

For $50, you get a seat. For $1,000, you get a "VIP seat & backstage photo with Hillary."

No word yet on whether lobbyists or others who want to curry favor with the State Department will be banned. They probably won't be. After all, you can't fully monetize a cabinet position if you're too picky about the source of contributions.

Somehow, I can't imagine Henry Kissinger or Madeleine Albright or Colin Powell selling seats on their shuttle diplomacy trips. As for Hillary, I'm not sure, thanks to her uncanny ability to create fresh doubts about her judgment.

The flurry of solicitations begins to answer the question of whether she will be able to set aside her political ambitions to become the consummate statesman her new job requires.

As always, the issue is not her ability or dedication to a serious task. I'm among those who think she has the potential to be an excellent Madame Secretary, especially since President-elect Obama forced Bubba to disclose who is bankrolling his globe-trotting adventures. Disclosing his conflicts was a necessary cleansing and a prophylactic against his bad habit of freelancing foreign policy.

Yet Hillary's continued fund-raising, pegged to her nomination, is a worrisome sign she hasn't fully bought in to the meaning of Obama's deal. America's top diplomat can't also be an independent political force, and shouldn't even suggest she will be again.

If she can't accept that minimum standard, Obama has made a grave mistake. And so has she.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Mignon] #523671
12/08/08 12:01 PM
12/08/08 12:01 PM
Lompac Offline
BANNED
Lompac  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Mignon
On the way back from the Doctors office yesterday someone still had in their yard a McCain/Palin sign.

These people are kinda like those Japs still in the Pacfic fighting the war.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Lompac] #523674
12/08/08 12:32 PM
12/08/08 12:32 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
PATERSON COOL ON CAROLINE KENNEDY
SHE'S A 20-1 SHOT

New York Post

December 8, 2008

THE odds of Gov. Paterson choosing Caroline Kennedy to replace soon-to-be Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton in the US Senate are no better than 20-1, a source close to the governor said yesterday.

The source was responding to news that Sen. Ted Kennedy, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and other family members have been pushing hard for Caroline to replace Clinton.

"It looks to me like [Caroline's cousin] Bobby Kennedy may be trying to push Caroline more than Caroline is pushing herself," a Paterson administration source told The Post.

Paterson, who confirmed Friday that he had discussed the Senate job with Caroline, was described as "liking and respecting" the last remaining child of former President John F. Kennedy, as well as seeing her as an "enormous potential drawer" of contributions to his own planned campaign for governor in 2010.

But the governor, who has the sole authority to name a new senator, was also said to be concerned that Kennedy, whom friends call "quiet and non-assertive," doesn't have the personality to be an aggressive fighter in the Senate on behalf of the state's increasingly desperate need for federal financial help.

"The bottom-line question is: Can Caroline Kennedy be the tough, hard, calculating, aggressive, articulate and, yes, obnoxious type of senator New York needs and expects?" said a second administration insider.

Among other candidates said more likely to be chosen by the governor are Attorney General Andrew Cuomo or either US Rep. Carolyn Maloney of Manhattan or Kirsten Gillibrand of Hudson, a favorite of the state's senior senator, Charles Schumer.

Time Warner Chairman Richard Parsons, once an aide to former Gov. Nelson Rockefeller and whose on-again off-again political ambitions have led him to be mentioned in recent years as a possible candidate for mayor, was also mentioned as a possible "long shot."

Administration insiders insist that Paterson is many weeks away from making a decision, since Sen. Clinton says she won't resign until confirmed to the new office, which can't happen until President-elect Barack Obama is sworn in Jan. 20.

A Democratic source said Clinton would be dead-set against seeing Caroline take her seat.

"Why would she want to see that seat go to someone who essentially double-crossed her?" the source said, noting the Kennedy family's endorsement of Obama in the primary. "It's a nightmare scenario for her."

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Lompac] #523680
12/08/08 02:09 PM
12/08/08 02:09 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: Lompac

It may be asking the impossible, but when are you gonna smarten up?

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: SC] #523681
12/08/08 02:13 PM
12/08/08 02:13 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: SC

It may be asking the impossible, but when are you gonna smarten up?

When Carlo becomes Michael's right hand man in Las Vegas.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: dontomasso] #523682
12/08/08 02:15 PM
12/08/08 02:15 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
When Carlo becomes Michael's right hand man in Las Vegas.

There's a better chance of Fredo becoming don before that.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: SC] #523699
12/08/08 04:45 PM
12/08/08 04:45 PM
Lompac Offline
BANNED
Lompac  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
SC, I was making a valid point. McCain lost, but the supporters still hang onto him, like I said, kinda like those old Japs on the Pacific islands fighting a war that ended and was lost years ago.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Lompac] #523719
12/08/08 07:40 PM
12/08/08 07:40 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Some of the hangers on tried to get Obama's birth certifiate tossed too. rolleyes I think that 25 percent (or is it 29?)

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Lompac] #523770
12/09/08 11:56 AM
12/09/08 11:56 AM
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

SC, I was making a valid point. McCain lost, but the supporters still hang onto him, like I said, kinda like those old Japs on the Pacific islands fighting a war that ended and was lost years ago.

"Japs?" Come on Lompac, do you have some secret death wish to be banned from these boards forever?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: dontomasso] #523815
12/09/08 04:14 PM
12/09/08 04:14 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Originally Posted By: dontomasso

"Japs?" Come on Lompac, do you have some secret death wish to be banned from these boards forever?

Sounds like he's been watching too many old WWII movies.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Just Lou] #523837
12/09/08 06:59 PM
12/09/08 06:59 PM
Lompac Offline
BANNED
Lompac  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
I thought you knew that Jap was from Japan! Thats what our brave boys called them while they were getting blown in half on Saipan and elsewhere.

The info came from book, unless that books full of.........

Anyway this damm debate started due to some American and his McCain sign........

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Lompac] #523841
12/09/08 07:56 PM
12/09/08 07:56 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Jap is an English abbreviation of the word "Japanese." Today it is regarded as an ethnic slur, though English-speaking countries differ in the degree they consider the term offensive. In the United States, Japanese Americans have come to find the term controversial or offensive, even when used as an abbreviation. In the past, Jap was not considered primarily offensive; however, after the events of World War II, the term became derogatory.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Just Lou] #523886
12/10/08 05:52 AM
12/10/08 05:52 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
FRIENDSHIP, n. A ship big enough to carry two in fair weather, but only one in foul. (Ambrose Bierce)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/09/joe-the-plumber-mccain-ap_n_149723.html

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: dontomasso] #523915
12/10/08 12:08 PM
12/10/08 12:08 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Report: Joe the Plumber Says McCain 'Appalled' Him

Joe Wurzelbacher says he felt "dirty" after "seeing some of the things that take place" on the campaign trail.

FOXNews.com

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Joe Wurzelbacher said he was specifically put off by McCain when it came to talk of the $700 billion bailout.

"When I was on the bus with him, I asked him a lot of questions about the bailout because most Americans did not want that to happen," Wurzelbacher told Beck. "I asked him some pretty direct questions. Some of the answers you guys are gonna receive they appalled me, absolutely. I was angry. In fact, I wanted to get off the bus after I talked to him."

Wurzelbacher said he stayed on the trail with McCain "honestly, because the thought of Barack Obama as president scares me even more."

Wurzelbacher, however, offered kind words to McCain running mate Alaska Governor Sarah Palin.

"Sarah Palin is absolutely the real deal," he said.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Just Lou] #523917
12/10/08 12:36 PM
12/10/08 12:36 PM
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

Will someone please tell Joe the plumber his 15 minutes are up?

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: dontomasso] #525280
12/19/08 11:55 PM
12/19/08 11:55 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
The mother of the guy that got Sarah Palin's daughter pregnant (and is supposed to marry her?) was arrested by Alaska authorities on drug manufacture and distribution charges. The baby is due tomorrow.

So, Sarah, you're paling around with druggies?

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: olivant] #525287
12/20/08 12:40 AM
12/20/08 12:40 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Sarah palin' with the druggies, yes.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: svsg] #525296
12/20/08 03:09 AM
12/20/08 03:09 AM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Alaska: Future Palin In-Law Is Arrested
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

State troopers have arrested the mother of Bristol Palin’s boyfriend on drug charges. The woman, Sherry L. Johnston, was arrested after troopers served a search warrant on a Wasilla home. Ms. Johnston, 42, has been charged with six felony drug counts. A trooper spokeswoman said in a news release that the charges were in connection to the prescription painkiller OxyContin. Ms. Johnston is the mother of Levi Johnston, 18. Gov. Sarah Palin, the Republican nominee for vice president, announced in September that her daughter Bristol, 18, was pregnant and that Mr. Johnston was the father. She is due to give birth this weekend.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Just Lou] #525310
12/20/08 11:05 AM
12/20/08 11:05 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
You betcha!! She was paling around with druggies. Guilt by association you know. lol

Btw, I didn't see it, but heard that Sean Hannity is all pissed off over a picture of Obama (from college I believe)because in the picture he's wearing a hat and smoking a cigaret. eek Did you ever hear of such a thing? panic Now isn't that a punishable offense? Sean's wondering why the picture wasn't released before the election. Anyone hear of this? I'll try to find the picture. I'm sure it's on-line somewhere. Some people just can't stand the thought that they lost.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #525315
12/20/08 11:52 AM
12/20/08 11:52 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

....heard that Sean Hannity is all pissed off over a picture of Obama (from college I believe)because in the picture he's wearing a hat and smoking a cigaret. eek Did you ever hear of such a thing? panic Now isn't that a punishable offense? Sean's wondering why the picture wasn't released before the election. Anyone hear of this? I'll try to find the picture. I'm sure it's on-line somewhere. Some people just can't stand the thought that they lost.TIS

TIS, I have to agree with you here in regards to Sean Hannity. While I've always liked him and respected most of the positions that he has taken in politics over the years, he has acted like a sore losing cry baby bitch since this election! And I myself, who especially enjoyed his commentaries over the years on fighting Terrorism, can no longer watch him or listen to him in regards to President Elect Obama.

The election is over. It's time to put the gloves away, at least for a while, and give this President Elect a chance. Give him some time in the White House. See if he does live up to his promises. Then if Sean Hannity or anyone else for that matter does not agree with what Obama has done, or with the policies that he has implemented, they will have every right to voice their opinions and concerns about the President Elect.

But for God's sake, let's all give our President Elect a chance to be sworn in BEFORE passing judgement on what he has or will do as Commander In Chief of our great nation!

Originally Posted By: olivant

Originally Posted By: svsg

What a totally ridiculous statement to make. And especially quite surprising from you svsg, implying that someone is guilty just because they are associated with someone who has done wrong.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Don Cardi] #525322
12/20/08 12:28 PM
12/20/08 12:28 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Don Cardi] #525323
12/20/08 12:34 PM
12/20/08 12:34 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

Originally Posted By: olivant

Originally Posted By: svsg

What a totally ridiculous statement to make. And especially quite surprising from you svsg, implying that someone is guilty just because they are associated with someone who has done wrong.

Relax Cardi, I was just trying to make a light-hearted rhyme/pun with the word Palin(g). I don't even have an opinion on this, as I didn't even read Olivant's post fully or follow the news on this. As soon as I saw the word paling, its spelling struck me.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Just Lou] #525334
12/20/08 02:54 PM
12/20/08 02:54 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally Posted By: Just Lou

Is that even Obama? I agree with DC. I'm not happy that he was elected but there is no use to bitch about it now unless he sucks as Pres.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Mignon] #525344
12/20/08 03:42 PM
12/20/08 03:42 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Is that even Obama? I agree with DC. I'm not happy that he was elected but there is no use to bitch about it now unless he sucks as Pres.

Who are you kidding? You can't wait for January 20th to start.

W sucked as a president for 8 years. I never heard you bitch about him once.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: SC] #525346
12/20/08 03:51 PM
12/20/08 03:51 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

Why would she ever bitch about W? confused

He loves to hunt, he supports the right to bear arms, he's a fan of Nascar, and he loves chopping wood and clearing brush!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: SC] #525349
12/20/08 04:04 PM
12/20/08 04:04 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY

Yes I have I just didn't post it. Besides it's a rule we don't talk politics at the BB weekends right?

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Why would she ever bitch about W? confused

He loves to hunt, he supports the right to bear arms, he's a fan of Nascar, and he loves chopping wood and clearing brush!

I'm not into Nascar. My future Son-in-law is though.

Page 121 of 121 1 2 119 120 121

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull