GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 190 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,729
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,301
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,527
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,406
Posts1,060,326
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 87 of 121 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 120 121
Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Just Lou] #517000
10/23/08 07:32 PM
10/23/08 07:32 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Light up the Obama signal!

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #517001
10/23/08 07:33 PM
10/23/08 07:33 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

McCain might skip his own election-night party

By BETH FOUHY, Associated Press Writer Beth Fouhy, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK – Republican John McCain is not going to make his election night remarks in the traditional style — at a podium standing in front of a sea of campaign workers jammed into a hotel ballroom. Oh, the throng of supporters will hold the usual election night party at the Biltmore Hotel in Phoenix on the evening of Nov. 4.

But the Republican presidential nominee plans to address another group of supporters and a small group of reporters on the hotel lawn; his remarks will be simultaneously piped electronically to the party inside and other reporters in a media filing center, aides said.

Aides said Thursday that the arrangement was the result of space limitations and that McCain might drop by the election watch party at some other point.

Only a small press "pool" — mostly those who have traveled regularly with the candidate on his campaign plane, plus a few local Arizona reporters and other guests — will be physically present when McCain speaks.

Thomas Patterson, a government professor at Harvard's Shorenstein Center on the Press, Politics and Public Policy, called the arrangement "unusual" but said the campaign may simply be bowing to the reality that the candidate's remarks are geared toward the televised audience rather than those in the hall.

"Addressing your supporters election night is one of those traditions in politics, like where you choose to launch your campaign," Patterson said. "Why wouldn't you want the energy of the crowd? And if you're going to lose, you almost need it even more."

With just 12 days left in the presidential contest, most polls show the Arizona senator trailing Democrat Barack Obama nationally and in most battleground states, although a new AP-GfK poll showed the race tightening a bit in the last few days.

Obama, by contrast, plans to address a giant outdoor celebration election night in Chicago's Grant Park. The event is free and open to the public, but the campaign was charging media organizations a hefty fee for close-in spots on the camera risers and platforms and for cable and wireless Internet at those spots.

The Obama campaign was also charging news organizations $935 per person for a spot in its press filing center, as opposed to $695 per person at the McCain gathering. But as Obama spokesman Bill Burton pointed out, "Anyone credentialed for our filing center will also be able to watch the event live and in person, unlike the McCain event."

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Just Lou] #517002
10/23/08 07:35 PM
10/23/08 07:35 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: Just Lou
Does the fact McCain plans on spending election night in a 700 room hotel "which customarily hosts weddings and business retreats" signal McCain knows it's over? In a related story, the AP writes: "Only a small press "pool" — mostly those who have traveled regularly with the candidate on his campaign plane, plus a few local Arizona reporters and other guests — will be physically present when McCain speaks." Apparently McCain doesn't even plan on attending his election night party at the hotel, but will instead address the crowd from the lawn outside.

confused

If I was a McCain supporter who paid money to be there, I would be PISSED.

And really, this is a dick move. Carter/Mondale/Dukakis in their disasterous landslide losses in the 1980s, they all still came out in the flesh to their supporters for the last hurrah. Same with Bush Sr. in 1992 and Dole in '96 and so forth.

Worse than anything, this news just re-enforces within the minds of McCain supporters that they can't win, or that the campaign itself doesn't think it can.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #517003
10/23/08 07:43 PM
10/23/08 07:43 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Apparently some Republican candidates know it's over and are trying to save their own asses:

GOP argument: Don't give President Obama a blank check

By Alexander Mooney
CNN

(CNN) -- A new Republican ad appears to suggest that Barack Obama has all but won the presidential race, an argument several vulnerable Senate Republicans may have to reluctantly embrace with only days until Election Day, an expert in campaign advertising said.

Aimed at Kay Hagan, Sen. Elizabeth Dole's surprisingly strong Democratic challenger in North Carolina, the 30-second spot from the National Republican Senatorial Committee warns voters against Democrats holding the White House and Congress, and flatly states that if Hagan wins, the party will "get a blank check."

"These liberals want complete control of government in a time of crisis, all branches of government," the ad's narrator states. "No check and balances, no debate, no independence. That's the truth behind Kay Hagan. If she wins, they get a blank check."

Committee Online Communications Director John Randall denied that the ad is suggesting that GOP nominee John McCain will lose out on the White House.

"The NRSC is not conceding a Barack Obama presidency," he said. "Fiscally irresponsible liberals like Kay Hagan are not the answer in these tough economic times and would only make things worse. Our ad was intended to highlight Hagan's many failings in light of the Democrats' promise to close debate should they control the executive and legislative branches of the federal government."

But with polls warning of a GOP bloodbath November 4, vulnerable senators in red states may have no other option but to suggest that Obama will capture the White House and warn that the Illinois senator needs to be checked by Senate Republicans. VideoWatch more on the fight for battleground states »

"They are basically painting the picture that the presidential race is over," said Evan Tracey of Campaign Media Analysis Group, CNN's consultant on ad spending. "Overall, people prefer divided government. This is that divided government argument: 'Don't hand sole control over to one party.' "

The GOP isn't aiming to regain control of the evenly split Senate but to ensure that Democrats don't reach 60 seats in the chamber -- the "magic number" that seemed unthinkable only a few months ago.

Should Democrats reach that number, the party could prevent Republicans from filibustering bills they oppose, and the GOP would be unable to block legislation they are against from going through.

The last time either party held such an edge was in 1977, when Democrats held 61 Senate seats and Jimmy Carter was president. It seems increasingly likely this year, with the economy flailing, the Republican brand in tatters and a Democratic presidential nominee who is causing extraordinary voter enthusiasm.

Vulnerable Senate Republicans in red states are hoping the doomsday scenario will cause enough independent-leaning voters to stick with them, even if they largely blame the GOP for the country's current conditions. VideoWatch more on the GOP's troubles »

"You're going to see it in a lot of places these last 10 days, where you have vulnerable Republicans, because ultimately survival instincts are going to take over here," Tracey said. "It's going to be less about whoever else is running and more about, 'How do I save myself?' "

Dole, once among the most popular figures in the GOP and head of the National Republican Senatorial Committee in 2006, has become perhaps the most vulnerable of the red state Senate Republicans in what might be the clearest sign of the GOP's woes this election season.

But several other red state Republicans are under unexpected pressure as well, including Georgia Sen. Saxby Chambliss, Mississippi Sen. Roger Wicker, Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens and even Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky.

But the divided government argument may only further highlight McCain as a candidate who has already lost, even as the Arizona senator and his running mate head to a string of red states to convince voters that the race isn't over.

"There's risk for the party in this argument," Tracey said, "but people have specific mandates above the party mandates, and survival instincts are going to take over at some point."

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #517004
10/23/08 07:44 PM
10/23/08 07:44 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Every now & then, even the New York Times decides to get it right. (Bold/Italics added by me)

Donor Patrol: Obama’s Online Site Accepts More FakesBy Michael Luo

Erika Franzi...had been following recent news reports examining how people using obviously fake names had made thousands...in contributions to Sen. Barack Obama’s presidential campaign without being detected.

So this afternoon ... while her 2yr-old was watching “Sesame Street,” Ms. Franzi got on her laptop to conduct an experiment. She used her debit card to make a $15 donation to Obama’s campaign.

Ms. Franzi, who described herself as conservative and preferring Sen. McCain over Obama, used the name “Della Ware” and entered an address of 12345 No Way in Far Far Away, DE 78954. Under employer, she listed: Americans Against Obama; for occupation, she typed in: Founder.

To her surprise, she said, her contribution went through in “fewer than three seconds.” Then, in order to be fair, she repeated the experiment on McCain’s Web site, entering the exact same information. 3 times, she said, she received the message: “We have found errors in the information that you submitted. Please review the information below and try again.”

Ms. Franzi’s experiment would not necessarily be notable, except it appears that many others are doing the same thing. Power Line, a conservative political blog, reported a reader had successfully made donations under the names Osama bin Laden, Saddam Hussein and Bill Ayers. While those experiences could not be immediately verified, Ms. Franzi sent The Caucus a screenshot from her bank account that showed a contribution to Obama for America going through at 1:02 p.m.

To be fair to the Obama campaign, officials there have said much of their checking for fraud occurs after the transactions have already occurred. When they find something wrong, they then refund the amount.

But a New York Times analysis of campaign finance records looking for obvious anomalies in donor information quickly found more than a dozen contributors to Mr. Obama using obviously fictitious name. This was a tiny fraction of Obama’s donor pool, but it appeared from the analysis that McCain had far fewer apparent fake names among his donors.

Unlike Obama, McCain provides on his Web site a searchable database of all of his donors, including those who fall below the $200 threshold that the Federal Election Commission requires campaigns to itemize in their reports...

The Obama campaign pointed out that a search of the name “Anonymous, Anonymous” also turns up pages of contributions to the McCain campaign, including more than two dozen that exceed $200 but for some reason do not appear in FEC records. It should be pointed out that campaigns are permitted to accept donations of up to $50 in cash or anonymously. There are other odd donors that appear in searches of the McCain database but fall below the $200 threshold, including “The Gun Shop” from Hood River, Oregon., who contributed $100 and “Adorable Manabat” from Winnetka, Calif., who gave $200.

Other news reports have surfaced recently of people discovering credit card charges they had not made to the Obama campaign. The Washington Post reported this week the tale of Mary T. Biskup of Manchester, MO, who received a call recently from the Obama campaign asking if she had donated $174,800 to the campaign. Ms. Biskup said she had not and told the Post it appeared someone had used her name but not her credit card number, because nothing had showed up on her own bills.

The Obama campaign said it quickly spotted the donations ostensibly made by Ms. Biskup and began looking into it right away, contacting her and then charging back the money to the credit card.

The main problem, according to Ms. Franzi, seems to be that Obama’s Web site apparently does not require that the donor’s information match the information on the credit card making the contribution, while Mr. McCain’s seems to have stricter standards.

Ms. Franzi insisted her experiment had nothing to do with her being a McCain supporter. “Nothing that I did today would have turned out any different if I were an Obama supporter. I would be equally disgusted with my own candidate for doing the same thing.”

Nevertheless, a half hour after her “fake” contribution to Mr. Obama went through, Ms. Franzi, who had made no donations to either candidate, felt compelled to perform her ablutions. She contributed $15 to Mr. McCain.

Last edited by AppleOnYa; 10/23/08 07:48 PM.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: AppleOnYa] #517005
10/23/08 07:58 PM
10/23/08 07:58 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Perhaps every now and then you could choose to directly face up to posting legitimate bullshit and addressing questions people have asked you; or, you know, simply addressing that you were wrong. ohwell

What is wrong with being a Muslim? Because even if your extremely false quote was even close to accurate...what would be wrong with that and what would be wrong if Barack Obama was a Muslim?

Last edited by Don Andrew; 10/23/08 08:01 PM.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: AppleOnYa] #517008
10/23/08 08:08 PM
10/23/08 08:08 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Oh Apple, why am I reminded of that scene in CASABLANCA?

Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?
Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!
[a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]
Croupier: Your winnings, sir.
Captain Renault: [sotto voce] Oh, thank you very much.
[aloud]
Captain Renault: Everybody out at once!

----------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, when you gonna apologize for misquoting that quote from the book? Remember when I linked a Youtube tape of supposedly Sarah Palin calling someone at a radio show with cancer a "bitch"? Geoff slacked my ass in correcting me that she said no such thing. I apologized for that screw-up of mine afterwards.

My point is, we all make mistakes. I think you can do it, you can Woman Up! grin

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #517010
10/23/08 08:16 PM
10/23/08 08:16 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
And in random Hollywood Endorsement News....

Ron Howard, Andy Griffith, and Henry Winkler endorse Obama...together.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/cc65ed650d

I must admit, that "Endorsement" video maded me laugh. I guess I can rest easier now that Opie, The Fonz, and the Sheriff of Mayberry are on the case.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #517011
10/23/08 08:18 PM
10/23/08 08:18 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Why do we need the entire text of news articles in this thread? We all have access to internet news, don't we? If at all there is something so important that it needs to be emphasized, just provide a link and copy+paste just those one or two lines that you want to discuss about.

Edit: RRA, I wasn't referring to your post above. It was just a coincidence. In fact, your post would be an example of helpful posting style that I was referring to.

Last edited by svsg; 10/23/08 08:20 PM.
Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: svsg] #517012
10/23/08 08:19 PM
10/23/08 08:19 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
You're right, it eats up way too much space.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: svsg] #517013
10/23/08 08:24 PM
10/23/08 08:24 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: svsg
Why do we need the entire text of news articles in this thread? We all have access to internet news, don't we? If at all there is something so important that it needs to be emphasized, just provide a link and copy+paste just those one or two lines that you want to discuss about.

Edit: RRA, I wasn't referring to your post above. It was just a coincidence. In fact, your post would be an example of helpful posting style that I was referring to.

The reason may be that back in the day, I would just post headline and link, but then a mod would complain that by the time that anyone may check out the report, the link is dead.

That perhaps is why full articles are posted here in general. BB.Net is the only board I know of who allows this. Everyone else doesn't either because of web space or fears of copyright infringement.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #517014
10/23/08 08:35 PM
10/23/08 08:35 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Another embarrassment for McCain today:

Barry Goldwater's Granddaughter Slams McCain, Endorses Obama
October 23, 2008.

John McCain has long claimed conservative and one-time presidential candidate (he lost to LBJ in 1964) Barry Goldwater as one of his idols. Turns out that Goldwater's Arizona-dwelling grandchildren don't care much for McCain/Palin, or the current state of the GOP:

"Being Barry Goldwater's granddaughter and living in Arizona, one would assume that I would be voting for our state's senator, John McCain. I am still struck by certain 'dyed in the wool' Republicans who are on the fence this election, as it seems like a no-brainer to me.

Myself, along with my siblings and a few cousins, will not be supporting the Republican presidential candidates this year. We believe strongly in what our grandfather stood for: honesty, integrity, and personal freedom, free from political maneuvering and fear tactics. I learned a lot about my grandfather while producing the documentary, Mr. Conservative Goldwater on Goldwater. Our generation of Goldwaters expects government to provide for constitutional protections. We reject the constant intrusion into our personal lives, along with other crucial policy issues of the McCain/Palin ticket.

My grandfather (Paka) would never suggest denying a woman's right to choose. My grandmother co-founded Planned Parenthood in Arizona in the 1930's, a cause my grandfather supported. I'm not sure about how he would feel about marriage rights based on same-sex orientation. I think he would feel that love and respect for ones privacy is what matters most and not the intolerance and poor judgment displayed by McCain over the years. Paka respected our civil liberties and passed on the message that that we should conduct our lives standing up for the basic freedoms we hold so dear. "

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: pizzaboy] #517015
10/23/08 08:46 PM
10/23/08 08:46 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Why do we need the entire text of news articles in this thread? We all have access to internet news, don't we?
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Links to news stories aren't always permanent. Here, the articles remain intact, indefinitely.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: J Geoff] #517016
10/23/08 08:50 PM
10/23/08 08:50 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Hey Lou... how do you feel about O&A hoping Obama wins just so everyone thinking he's "our savior" is utterly disappointed in the end when he can't live up to his promises? wink

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: J Geoff] #517019
10/23/08 09:05 PM
10/23/08 09:05 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Hey Lou... how do you feel about O&A hoping Obama wins just so everyone thinking he's "our savior" is utterly disappointed in the end when he can't live up to his promises? wink

It's mostly just talk for entertainment value, except for Anthony. Him and his arsenal of weapons are about as far to the Right as you can get. wink In reality though, Norton is an Obama supporter, and Opie has flip-flopped back and forth all year. Today, they all spent a fair amount of time making fun of McCain. smile

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: J Geoff] #517020
10/23/08 09:08 PM
10/23/08 09:08 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Why do we need the entire text of news articles in this thread? We all have access to internet news, don't we?

Links to news stories aren't always permanent. Here, the articles remain intact, indefinitely.

Call me lazy, but most of the time if I see a story with a just a link, I just skip it. It's much easier to just read it here. But if you're going to post a story, you should always give credit to the author and include the source, if there is one.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: J Geoff] #517021
10/23/08 09:12 PM
10/23/08 09:12 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Geoff, for some reason you being a Republican blows me away. Don't know why but it does. (not that there's anything wrong with that mind you) smile For some reason if I would have had to guess I would have said liberal. Anyway, I don't direct this at you but more generally speaking of this campaign cycle.

NOTE: Geoff I just noted that you were referring to a Q & A...Sorry, I misread. I thought you yourself were asking? Been a long day. blush

Savior is the word the Righties use, not any Obama supporter. Truth is, any President has his work cut out for him this term, digging us out of the mess our current President left. mad I for one don't expect major changes for the first term at least. God knows what horrible mess Obama (yes I'm hoping) will find when he takes office that could delay even further our nation's recovery.

At the very very least look how well organized Obama has been throughout this entire campaign....his entire strategy, the way he's deciding to use/spend his money. For God's sake, he's purchased a half hour before one of he World Series games (somebody let me know when that is cause I don't watch) which is somethin in itself I hear. The guy DOES have organization and sounds like he'd be good at handling money too. NOBODY who supported our current leader can criticzie much, at least at this point,as far as I'm concerned. They voted twice for Bush. Like one term wasn't enough misery panic I proudly did NOT vote for him TWICE. And, I'm suffering for it like everyone who did.

I think the right loves to use to their own spin and phrases, simply...well because it always DID work and well they are losing at the moment. wink

No my President doesn't have to be the savior and I don't have to want to have a beer with him. I don't even have to care for his personality at all. If he has a brain, is dedicated to running our country and shows he' doing his best, I'm good.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 10/23/08 09:47 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #517022
10/23/08 09:19 PM
10/23/08 09:19 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

TIS, that's "O&A", not Q&A. I'll let JG explain.. lol

...Actually, it's a morning radio show. wink

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Just Lou] #517023
10/23/08 09:34 PM
10/23/08 09:34 PM
California

California
JL,

I had to keep looking at your reply. I thought you wrote Q&A twice. It took me a minute. lol

I did hear about Goldwater's grandaughter, and did we mention also Eisenhowers grandaugher (or was it daughter?).

Anyway I am hearing just now the 98 per cent of eligible voters in Michigan have registered (a record). Huge turnout predicted.

Oh, and Scott McClellan too? I always felt like poor Scott was somewhat of an innocent scapegoat. I am not surprised he "switched". Also, I don't know names, but several Republicans have said they will be voting for Obama. Gee, ya think even the Neocons will secretly swtich
and give Obama a huge win? wink

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #517025
10/23/08 09:38 PM
10/23/08 09:38 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Nah, for every Neocon, there's a closet Neo-Nazi. ohwell

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: J Geoff] #517026
10/23/08 09:39 PM
10/23/08 09:39 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

But didn't you read that endorsement news from the world's most popular Televangelist? He said that Obama will be on the path to the return of Jesus.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #517028
10/23/08 09:41 PM
10/23/08 09:41 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
JL,

I did hear about Goldwater's grandaughter, and did we mention also Eisenhowers grandaugher (or was it daughter?).

Eisenhower's granddaughter is an Obama supporter, and I believe is even campaigning for him.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Just Lou] #517029
10/23/08 10:02 PM
10/23/08 10:02 PM
California

California
Have you guys seen this Ron Howard for Obama video? You'll recognize a couple characters and old tv shows. It's kind of cute smile

TIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB5CLV18NBw

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: AppleOnYa] #517031
10/23/08 10:09 PM
10/23/08 10:09 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
Every now & then, even the New York Times decides to get it right. (Bold/Italics added by me)

If I wanted to skirt the campaign finance laws I would so pick names like “Fdsa Fdsa” and "Doodad Pro" to stand out like red flags. Seriously, the desperation is palpable!

For it to get into the campaign coffers, the actual name of the person must be given before a bank or financial institution will agree to release the money. So fictitious names cannot really donate online, though easily enough added to a DB if the AVS is turned off. In the event that they are unable to verify the identity of the giver, the donation is held in a separate account until it can be returned/erased.

Sloppy bookkeeping without AVS I will say though, but not fraudulent or scandalous.

Come one Apple, I know you are smart -- you are just too desperate right now to think critically.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Saladbar] #517033
10/23/08 10:17 PM
10/23/08 10:17 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Saladbar

If I wanted to skirt the campaign finance laws I would so pick names like “Fdsa Fdsa” and "Doodad Pro" to stand out like red flags. Seriously, the desperation is palpable!

For it to get into the campaign coffers, the actual name of the person must be given before a bank or financial institution will agree to release the money. So fictitious names cannot really donate online, though easily enough added to a DB if the AVS is turned off. In the event that they are unable to verify the identity of the giver, the donation is held in a separate account until it can be returned/erased.

Sloppy bookkeeping without AVS I will say though, but not fraudulent or scandalous.

Come one Apple, I know you are smart -- you are just too desperate right now to think critically.

Great post. clap

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: pizzaboy] #517035
10/23/08 10:21 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: Saladbar

Great post. clap

It is great. I always like it when Saladbar pops in on these threads. She knows her sh*t!! wink Info seems to be right at her fingertips.

TIS

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #517036
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Have you guys seen this Ron Howard for Obama video? You'll recognize a couple characters and old tv shows. It's kind of cute smile

I even liked it TIS. See I willing to cross party lines whistle

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #517037
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Oh, and Scott McClellan too? I always felt like poor Scott was somewhat of an innocent scapegoat. I am not surprised he "switched". Also, I don't know names, but several Republicans have said they will be voting for Obama. Gee, ya think even the Neocons will secretly swtich
and give Obama a huge win? wink

TIS

There was an ABC poll recently where Obama had 22% conservative support, which if it holds on Election Day would be the best conservative turn-out for a Democratic candidate since Jimmy Carter in 1976. Mind you, this is "Conservative" and not necessarily "Republican" (A recent WSJ poll gives it between 5-12%)

Really, I've asked repeatedly to the hard-skulled NeoCons within the GOP (when they aren't purging members for speaking out against Palin) why all these disgruntled social conservatives, fiscal conservatives, libertarians, moderate Republicans, and even a few NeoCons are jumping ship to become "Obamacons" (Republicans for Obama).

The quicker they understand the question to that answer, the quicker they may have a chance in the future to return to power.

Anyway TIS, for your viewing pleasure (or boredom), here are some of the Obamacons:

*Colin Powell - Fmr. Secretary of State, National Security Advisor, and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
*Fmr. Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson (1991-99)
*Fmr. Minnesota Senator David Durenberger (1978-1995)
*Fmr. Connecticut Governor/Senator Lowell Weicker (1991-95/1971-1989)
*Fmr. Virginia Governor Linwood Holton (1970-74) father-in-law of current Governor Tim Kaine.
*Ken Adelman - Neo-Con activist/Pentagon adivsor for Ford/Reagan/Dubya administrations.
*Fmr. Iowa Congressman Jim Leach (1977-2007)
*Fmr. Rhode Island Senator Lincoln Chafee (1998-2007)- Only GOP Senator to vote against Iraq War.
*Wick Allison - Fmr. publisher of National Review
*Jack Antaramian - Florida real estate developer and Dubya fundraiser
*Fmr. Mayor of Los Angeles Richard Riordan (1993-2001)
*Julie Nixon Eisenhower - daughter of former President Richard Nixon, granddaughter-in law of Dwight D. Eisenhower
*Lilibet Hagel - Wife of Senator Chuck Hagel
*Rita E. Hauser - Fmr. Dubya White House intelligence advisor
*Larry Hunter - Fmr. Reagan policy adivsor/Chief Economist for the Free Enterprise Fund
*Dennis Hopper - Long-time Hollywood Republican, even appeared in the recent conservative comedy AN AMERICAN CAROL.
*Paul O'Neill - United States Secretary of the Treasury from 2001-02 under Dubya
*David Ruder - Chairman of the Securities & Exchange Commission under President Ronald Reagan [43]
*Frank Schaeffer - pro-life advocate and the son of evangelist Francis Schaeffer.
*Rear Admiral John Hutson, USN (ret.) - Fmr. Judge Advocate General (JAG) of the Navy.
*Legal scholar Douglas Kmiec
*Conservative columnist/novelist Christopher Buckley - Author of the libertarian novel THANK YOU FOR SMOKING (which became an awesome movie with Aaron "Two-Face" Eckhart). From the outrage at his endorsement, resigned as a regular writer for The National Review, the legendary conservative magazine founded by his father, William Buckley.
*Pennsylvania talk-show host Michael Smerconish - Though someone here at BB.Net told me that he wasn't really conservative per say, but would ABC News lie? OK, maybe they would.
*The Chicago Tribune - In its entire 161-year publishing history, Obama becomes their first Democratic presidential endorsement.
*Fairbanks North Star Borough mayor Jim Whitaker - Delivered a speech on the second day of the 2008 Democratic National Convention in Denver, Colorado.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 10/23/08 10:31 PM.
Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #517040
10/23/08 10:32 PM
10/23/08 10:32 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
I've decided to vote for McCain because my vote is worthless in California and I will get pleasure out of knowing people will get pissed over something so stupid as to how I voted. Seriously, people here look at you like you are the devil if you say you support McCain. At first it bothered me, now I kind of like it. So I'm going to use their own evil guilt tactics against them. Democrats think they can change the world for good when really they are just as evil as anyone else with an agenda.

I would probably vote for Obama if I lived in a Republican state surrounded by idiots on the conservative side.

YAY MCCAIN!!!

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Blibbleblabble] #517041
10/23/08 10:36 PM
10/23/08 10:36 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Blibble, at least vote NO on Prop 8, okay?

Unless you enjoy taking people's civil rights away.

Page 87 of 121 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 120 121

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull