GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 386 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,080
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,369
Posts1,059,519
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #512735
10/01/08 02:24 AM
10/01/08 02:24 AM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Fuck cock shit.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #512736
10/01/08 02:25 AM
10/01/08 02:25 AM
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
...And one more fuck for the road.

Byez.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #512737
10/01/08 02:43 AM
10/01/08 02:43 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Dude... really? Is puberty that rough these days? tongue

Not sure how much SC gave you, but hopefully it'll help...

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: J Geoff] #512738
10/01/08 02:48 AM
10/01/08 02:48 AM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
The Don's Official Sooth Sayer
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
How are you JG?

He - (Simón Bolívar) - was shaken by the overwhelming revelation that the headlong race between his misfortunes and his dreams was at that moment reaching the finishing line. The rest was darkness. "Damn it," He sighed. "How will I ever get out of this labyrinth!"

So what’s the labyrinth?

That’s the mystery isn’t it? Is the labyrinth living or dying? Which is he trying to escape - the world, or, the end of it?
Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: Santino Brasi] #512739
10/01/08 02:53 AM
10/01/08 02:53 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Speaking of puberty... Hey, SB, 'sup! wink

Sorry, tho, almost time to crash... a lot of personal shit the past couple weeks, and I'm freakin' exhausted from it. ohwell

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: J Geoff] #512740
10/01/08 02:55 AM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
ok, 'night JG

He - (Simón Bolívar) - was shaken by the overwhelming revelation that the headlong race between his misfortunes and his dreams was at that moment reaching the finishing line. The rest was darkness. "Damn it," He sighed. "How will I ever get out of this labyrinth!"

So what’s the labyrinth?

That’s the mystery isn’t it? Is the labyrinth living or dying? Which is he trying to escape - the world, or, the end of it?
Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: Santino Brasi] #512741
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I see.

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: J Geoff] #512742
10/01/08 02:58 AM
10/01/08 02:58 AM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
What do you see?

So what’s the labyrinth?

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: Santino Brasi] #512743
10/01/08 02:59 AM
10/01/08 02:59 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Do you see what I see?

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: Santino Brasi] #512744
10/01/08 03:00 AM
10/01/08 03:00 AM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
I looked under Jordan and what did I see

what did you see?

Mrs. Jordan

(sung to the tune of Swing low sweet chariots, the part talking about Jordan)

So what’s the labyrinth?

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: J Geoff] #512745
10/01/08 03:01 AM
10/01/08 03:01 AM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Do you see what I see?

Way up in the sky little lamb
Do you see what I see
A star, a star
Dancing in the night
With a tail as big as a kite

wink

So what’s the labyrinth?

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: Santino Brasi] #512746
10/01/08 03:02 AM
10/01/08 03:02 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

There's only one sweet chariot, my friend. ...said the little lamb to the shepherd boy. tongue

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: J Geoff] #512747
10/01/08 03:04 AM
10/01/08 03:04 AM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
Do you hear what I hear
Ringing through the sky Shepard boy
Do you hear what I hear
A song, a song
High above the tree
With a voice as big as the sea

So what’s the labyrinth?

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: Santino Brasi] #512748
10/01/08 03:16 AM
10/01/08 03:16 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I see.

You got it. Google is your friend, too? wink

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: Don Smitty] #512751
10/01/08 05:23 AM
10/01/08 05:23 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Originally Posted By: Don Smitty
Iam being honest when I say I just wanted a civil debate. Sorry I even posted here. SC ,JEFF and a few others here, you guys are awesome I will always remember the good times I have had here on the boards .........Don Smitty [idiot] ......... signing off.
Why don't you just reply to all the points RRA made as counterarguments to your statement; instead of runnning away when someone posts things in your thread that have nothing to do with the topic being discussed?? Ignoring those posts and just replying to the (mostly valid) points by for exemple RRA is the smart move you know.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: Don Smitty] #512781
10/01/08 10:59 AM
10/01/08 10:59 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: Don Smitty
Now before anyone jumps on me here I would just like to point something out that has been on my mind. Believe me I do not want to start a fight or offend anyone here but would just like to start a civil debate on a very important topic. Hear me out please.

After Sept 11th 2001 our CIA and almost every other major intelligence agency in the world including Russia, Great Britian and even China all said that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction and possible ties to Osama BinLaden right. So for OBAMA to say that if he were a United States Senator he would have voted AGAINST useing force to get rid of Saddam is alarming to me. So in the future if he is elected President and he gets intell that says there is a high risk of an unstable dictator somewhere in the world who hates the USA and that dictator has ties to terrorist organizations and EVERY intelligence agency in the world tells him that the United States is at risk, that he will just sit there and do nothing? My friends that to me sounds like someone I would not trust with keeping my family safe. Now I know that the intell was wrong but at the time everyone was saying it wasn't. How could he say he would have voted NO after we were hit on 911. Didn't he think the threat was real. Again let's look at the facts here. Every intelligence agency in the world said Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and wanted to give those weapons to people who would have made 911 look small! If he becomes President and the CIA tells him that a country or terrorist organization has the possible means to obtain weapons of mass destruction from a dictaor that he will just sit by and not do anything about it? How could you say you would have voted NO. I don't ge it. Even Biden voted for it.

This overloks the FACT that the "intelligence" that Saddam had WMD was predicated on a forged document and the Bush Administration knew it but withheld the fact from the public. Presumably President Obama will not take us to war based on a forgery.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: dontomasso] #512790
10/01/08 11:34 AM
10/01/08 11:34 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: dontomasso

Presumably President Obama will not take us to war based on a forgery.

Hopefully, whoever does become President won't have to take us to war....period! wink

And at the same time, hopefully whoever does become President, if the need arises and we God forbid have to go to war, will have the the know how on what needs and has to be done to protect the people of this country. One that will step up, regardless of world opinion, and act as a Commander In Chief should in a time of a national security crisis!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: Don Cardi] #512794
10/01/08 11:59 AM
10/01/08 11:59 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

[quote=Don Cardi[Hopefully, whoever does become President won't have to take us to war....period! wink

And at the same time, hopefully whoever does become President, if the need arises and we God forbid have to go to war, will have the the know how on what needs and has to be done to protect the people of this country. One that will step up, regardless of world opinion, and act as a Commander In Chief should in a time of a national security crisis! [/quote]

Point well taken DC, and let's hope if god forbid we have another war we allow the generals and admirals more latitude in making strategy.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: dontomasso] #512811
10/01/08 01:21 PM
10/01/08 01:21 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Point well taken DC, and let's hope if god forbid we have another war we allow the generals and admirals more latitude in making strategy.

Amen to that. Let the Generals on the ground do the job!

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: dontomasso] #512814
10/01/08 01:39 PM
10/01/08 01:39 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

.....and let's hope if god forbid we have another war we allow the generals and admirals more latitude in making strategy.

I totally agree!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: Mignon] #512815
10/01/08 02:20 PM
10/01/08 02:20 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: Mignon

Look, as former military, let me tell you that general staff officers make as many mistakes as politicians when it comes to waging warfare. As Red Foxx once said refering to military experience, "One time I retreated so far that i backed up into a general."

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: olivant] #512818
10/01/08 02:26 PM
10/01/08 02:26 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: olivant

Look, as former military, let me tell you that general staff officers make as many mistakes as politicians when it comes to waging warfare. As Red Foxx once said refering to military experience, "One time I retreated so far that i backed up into a general."

Point taken olivant. However, I'll put it this way.... I'd rather have an experienced Head Coach of a football team call the plays and risk his making a mistake than having the president of the team call the plays and risking the chance of his making a mistake. Bottom line is that with the trained and experienced head coach calling the plays, the probability of your team coming out a winner is much much higher than if you have the president of the team calling the plays.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: olivant] #512819
10/01/08 02:29 PM
10/01/08 02:29 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

As Red Foxx once said refering to military experience, "One time I retreated so far that i backed up into a general."

I love when Fred is bragging to Lamont about how the pack on his back made him wobble when he was in the Army. Lamont tells him, "the only pack that ever made you wobble was a six pack." lol

Sorry for hijacking the thread. And I agree with Olivant. For every high profile General, like a Patton or Schwarzkopf, there are more than likely 50 obscure guys who have been mistake prone. Unfortunately, warfare is largely learned on the job. I don't care what they teach you at school or in training camp.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: pizzaboy] #512826
10/01/08 02:58 PM
10/01/08 02:58 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Most Generals are said to have fought the "last war." And I agree there have been many mistakes by the military. In Iraq, to which I was referring, I believe the consensus among the military was that we needed more than the 130,000 troops who invaded, and Rumsfeld stubbornly refused...and Bush effectively fired his chairman of the joint chiefs for holding this view (which turned out to be correct). Clearly Petreaus has been the best of the lot (Franks the worst) but now that he's out, we need an exit strategy to allow the Iraqis to run their own country and start spending their ten billion dollars a month surplus.

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: dontomasso] #512829
10/01/08 03:06 PM
10/01/08 03:06 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Vietnam and Iraq suffered both partly from micro-management from the Presidential Administration. From McNamara's infamous "guns-per-body" kill/cost ratio calculations to Rumsfeld being Rumsfeld...

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #512837
10/01/08 03:58 PM
10/01/08 03:58 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
The US Constitution specifies that the President is Commander and Chief of the Army and Navy, and militia when called into service of the federal government and, by inferrence, the CIC of the Air Force and Coast Guard. Thus, the Founding Fathers recognized the necessity of civilian control of the military. Wars are never fought in a political vacuum. That's a fact of life. There are strategic political considerations that accrue to any war that must be recognized.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: olivant] #512839
10/01/08 04:02 PM
10/01/08 04:02 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

The US Constitution specifies that the President is Commander and Chief of the Army and Navy, and militia when called into service of the federal government and, by inferrence, the CIC of the Air Force and Coast Guard. Thus, the Founding Fathers recognized the necessity of civilian control of the military. Wars are never fought in a political vacuum. That's a fact of life. There are strategic political considerations that accrue to any war that must be recognized.

No question about this. And there are times when it is necessary for the civilian power to trump the military, such as in Korea when McArthur wantd to enlarge the war to bring China in, and Truman had to fire him. On the tactical side, however more attention should be paid to the people who specialize in their field.

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: dontomasso] #512844
10/01/08 05:26 PM
10/01/08 05:26 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

And there are times when it is necessary for the civilian power to trump the military, such as in Korea when McArthur wantd to enlarge the war to bring China in, and Truman had to fire him. On the tactical side, however more attention should be paid to the people who specialize in their field.

Well said Don T. Well said.

Now getting back to Don Smitty's original question, I think that he was tryig to ask if Obama was wrong in voting against going into Iraq.

I still stand by my original feelings and strongly believe that we had to remove Saddam and his evil government from power. I strongly believe that if Saddam and his regime had stayed in power that they would have supported, funded and been behind more potential terrorist attacks against this country and it's interests. I strongly believe that. We can debate if the timing to go into Iraq was right or not, or if we should have gone to the ground after what was a very successful airstrike, but I honestly believe that we had to go into Iraq and destroy Saddam and his evil regime.

So to answer Smitty's original question, yes, I think at the time he voted not to go into Iraq, Senator Obama was wrong.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: dontomasso] #512845
10/01/08 05:27 PM
10/01/08 05:27 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

No question about this. And there are times when it is necessary for the civilian power to trump the military, such as in Korea when McArthur wantd to enlarge the war to bring China in, and Truman had to fire him. On the tactical side, however more attention should be paid to the people who specialize in their field.

It's a two-way street, though. LBJ was misled by his military advisors (who told him that conventional warfare would work in VietNam). I agree we should normally listen to the military "experts" but thank God we have a system of checks and balances in which the armed forces are really under civilian control.

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: SC] #512847
10/01/08 05:37 PM
10/01/08 05:37 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: SC

...but thank God we have a system of checks and balances in which the armed forces are really under civilian control.

I totally agree.

Don Cardi cool

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull