GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 365 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,524
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,980
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,354
Posts1,059,093
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Can someone explain to me......? #50719
05/11/05 08:53 PM
05/11/05 08:53 PM
North East England
Joolsie Cappucetti Offline
Made Member
Joolsie Cappucetti  Offline
Made Member
North East England
Don't want to restart an argument here wink but the term Infidel, meaning unfaithful (from latin) does tend to be associated with religion, and was particularly used as a slur on Muslims by Christians. 'The Infidel hoarde', etc, because it also means un-faithful, as in, they have no faith [in a Christian God].
I always took Vito's reference to Sollozzo as an 'Infidel' to mean that he considered him to possess lower values than Vito and his peers, because he had so embraced non-Christian Turkish culture. This coming from a traditionalist catholic I mean. For instance, technically speaking Sonny also practiced infidelity towards Sandra, but Vito didn't call him an Infidel, he just told him off for "all that comedy you're playing with that young girl" lol

Senator, we are both part of the same hypocrisy
Re: Can someone explain to me......? #50720
05/13/05 01:10 AM
05/13/05 01:10 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally posted by Montauk:
Originally posted by olivant:
[b] Montauk: making your bones has nothing to do with anything else except committing a murder at the behest of Mafia members to whom you want to prove your loyalty and quality.
So, if I'm understanding you, in "Goodfellas" (separate example, I know) Henry did NOT make his bones with the Air France heist? [/b]
The phrase "make your bones" is usually used loosely to mean, "prove yourself," rather than to signal your formal induction into the Mafia as a "made man." Henry Hill in "Goodfellas" acknowledged that he could never be "made" because he wasn't 100% Italian on both sides. When he said that "Air France made me," he meant that it made his reputation as a good earner and a guy to be reckoned with. Moe Green was Jewish, so he couldn't be "made." When he shouted to Michael Corleone, "I made my bones when you were going out with cheerleaders," he probably meant that he had proved himself by killing at an early age. When Clemenza gave Rocco a ".22 snub nose" and said, "You make your bones on Paulie today," I think he meant that Rocco would rise in the family after whacking Paulie. I'm guessing that Rocco had already been formally "made" by that time.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull