GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 72 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,123
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,385
Posts1,059,733
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #500811
07/19/08 02:57 PM
07/19/08 02:57 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
You know, I'm willing to bet money that some of the people here aren't familiar with the skinhead counter-culture, and are going to assume your dad hates Jews.

Regardless, I've yet to get any tattooes, as I haven't found anything that I really connect with, on the level that I'd want it on my body, but I recently stumbled across this drawing, and I am thinking about getting it on the underside of my right forearm:

If I were to get a second, I would probably get the phrase "We Jam Econo" just above my left nipple.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: Santino Brasi] #501644
07/24/08 07:02 PM
07/24/08 07:02 PM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

I erm, did the "I Love Pigs in Blankets" for a bet (after a huge argument over who really does love the sausages wrapped in bacon the most). Maybe 4 years ago and I still haven't had it covered or removed. Infact, as much as I realise how silly it was, no one I know will let me get it covered over.

It is me. And will always be me.

Attached Files I Love PIB's.jpg

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: Turi Giuliano] #501649
07/24/08 07:44 PM
07/24/08 07:44 PM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

Keep it man, that a classic,,

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: DE NIRO] #501651
07/24/08 08:24 PM
07/24/08 08:24 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Turi, hard to tell EXACTLY where that is on your body, but is that a tramp stamp I see????

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #502313
07/30/08 01:55 PM
07/30/08 01:55 PM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Turi, hard to tell EXACTLY where that is on your body, but is that a tramp stamp I see????

What's a tramp stamp? I'm conjuring bad violent images. Or a whole new form of currency.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: Blibbleblabble] #502323
07/30/08 03:14 PM
07/30/08 03:14 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble

There's one like this out there, but on a woman... that's all I'm gonna say... wink

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: MaryCas] #502350
07/30/08 08:52 PM
07/30/08 08:52 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Originally Posted By: MaryCas
God gave me some nice skin, so I don't want to mess it up with ink and holes. What's the point?

I posted this waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 2004. Still don't have tatoos, never will. No one answered my question back then. What's the point? Anyone have an answer 3 1/2 years later? Just curious.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: Turi Giuliano] #502362
07/30/08 10:31 PM
07/30/08 10:31 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Originally Posted By: Turi Giuliano

What's a tramp stamp? I'm conjuring bad violent images. Or a whole new form of currency.

This is what my daughter calls a tramp stamp, better known as a lower back tattoo:

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: MaryCas] #502366
07/30/08 11:04 PM
07/30/08 11:04 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
God gave me some nice skin, so I don't want to mess it up with ink and holes. What's the point?

I posted this waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 2004. Still don't have tatoos, never will. No one answered my question back then. What's the point? Anyone have an answer 3 1/2 years later? Just curious.

We do a lot of things to alter the greatness of God-given body. We regularly trim our hair, clip our nails, shave our beards, apply lipstick, color our eyes, pierce our ears, cover our bodies with clothes, mask the body odor with perfumes and deodorants, wear glasses to improve our eye sight, install pacemakers to aid our heart,...................

Humans have never been happy with what God provided. We have always felt that we could improve God's design with our creativity.

Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #502381
07/31/08 08:19 AM
07/31/08 08:19 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
My sister has a tramp stamp. It's a sunset over an island of palm trees.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #502384
07/31/08 08:35 AM
07/31/08 08:35 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

This is what my daughter calls a tramp stamp, better known as a lower back tattoo:

I've never hear it described as a tramp stamp, but Nicole has one. It's flowers and vines. And she has Tinkerbell on her right shoulder.

Last edited by Beth E; 07/31/08 08:36 AM.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: svsg] #502385
07/31/08 08:50 AM
07/31/08 08:50 AM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Perhaps nobody answered your question back then because they weren't convinced you asked out of sheer curiosity (I'm not).

Also, because you interpret the cosmological events happening all around you right this moment by attributing them to a concept you call "God", doesn't mean other people attribute those things to the same concept. (And that's all "God" is; a concept, a way of interpreting events.)

Also, you're speaking for yourself. Your determinism (a true Christian trait: "I don't have tattoos, never will") doesn't invite a counter-argument. Which renders your so-called curiosity meaningless, transparent, a faux pas if ever there was one.

(I'm knowingly taking the bait.)

Nobody felt or feels the need to convince you to get a tattoo. Hence the three-and-a-half year silence following your "question". It's not about religion at all. People get tattoos for all different kinds of reasons, and they've existed long before it became fashionable; long before the proper process was invented.

But, to play the Christian Game: Why maintain the "purity" of the flesh, when the flesh is a mere limit for the soul? And, isn't flagellation, that most Christian of bodily disciplines, a way of tattooing the body of sorts?

The desire to get a tattoo or not get a tattoo, for whatever reason either way, is at least more rational than the religious grounds on which you've based your "belief".

(If you'd have said, "To me, tattoos are ugly-looking," you'd have saved me the rant. But no, that would have defeated the purpose of the meaningless, rococo outer shell of your apparent and transparent curiosity.)

Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #502386
07/31/08 09:12 AM
07/31/08 09:12 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
Perhaps nobody answered your question back then because they weren't convinced you asked out of sheer curiosity (I'm not).

Also, because you interpret the cosmological events happening all around you right this moment by attributing them to a concept you call "God", doesn't mean other people attribute those things to the same concept. (And that's all "God" is; a concept, a way of interpreting events.)

Also, you're speaking for yourself. Your determinism (a true Christian trait: "I don't have tattoos, never will") doesn't invite a counter-argument. Which renders your so-called curiosity meaningless, transparent, a faux pas if ever there was one.

(I'm knowingly taking the bait.)

Nobody felt or feels the need to convince you to get a tattoo. Hence the three-and-a-half year silence following your "question". It's not about religion at all. People get tattoos for all different kinds of reasons, and they've existed long before it became fashionable; long before the proper process was invented.

But, to play the Christian Game: Why maintain the "purity" of the flesh, when the flesh is a mere limit for the soul? And, isn't flagellation, that most Christian of bodily disciplines, a way of tattooing the body of sorts?

The desire to get a tattoo or not get a tattoo, for whatever reason either way, is at least more rational than the religious grounds on which you've based your "belief".

(If you'd have said, "To me, tattoos are ugly-looking," you'd have saved me the rant. But no, that would have defeated the purpose of the meaningless, rococo outer shell of your apparent and transparent curiosity.)

lol Thanks, that was great.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: MaryCas] #502512
08/01/08 12:01 AM
08/01/08 12:01 AM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
Seriously? That's your response? You're making Christians look dumb right now. I can say that because I am one.

Although I'm probably right in the middle of you and Capo. I'm a Christian but I also support tattoo art. Of course there is good and bad art and some people get tattoos that may look worse than others, but then again it's art so the quality isn't definitive. My only tattoo is a simple solid black cross. I'll post a picture later if I remember to get the camera out.

God gave us art and you need a blank surface for it so why wouldn't skin be another canvas for decoration?

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: Blibbleblabble] #502530
08/01/08 06:52 AM
08/01/08 06:52 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Seriously? That's your response? You're making Christians look dumb right now. I can say that because I am one.

Who's response are you referring to? Mine or Capo's?

God gave us art and you need a blank surface for it so why wouldn't skin be another canvas for decoration?

Just as the body is used to hang clothes on or the hair is cut a certain way. Going way back to my original question, "What's the point?", let me rephrase that:
What are the reasons that people get tatooes? I have no desire to get one, so I'm curious to know some of the reasons AND were they done on a whim, a dare, a plan, etc.

Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: MaryCas] #502553
08/01/08 11:12 AM
08/01/08 11:12 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Since you have rephrased the question to exclude the God angle out of it, let me attempt to actually answer it.

Beautification, projecting a certain personality or individuality, art, memory, permanency.... it can be any of these things that motivate people to have tattoos.

Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: MaryCas] #502617
08/02/08 09:06 AM
08/02/08 09:06 AM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

I got one to honor my son. Sort of like a pretty scar to show the world.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: MaryCas] #502623
08/02/08 10:13 AM
08/02/08 10:13 AM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
I like the idea of flesh as identity. It's mortal, it decays naturally, it's perhaps our only physical proof of our existence. (I feel, therefore I am?)

So, in continuing with flesh as identity, it's also a blank canvas on which we might paint whatever decoration we see fit.

Cronenberg's explored this twice: in Crash (1996), and in Eastern Promises (2007). Greenaway does it to good effect in The Pillow Book (1996), too. But those are deeply non-Christian artists.

Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: MaryCas] #502637
08/02/08 01:20 PM
08/02/08 01:20 PM
Underboss
Underboss

lol Thanks, that was great.

Mind you my translations are a bit weak, I think that's Catholic for, "I can't think up anything of equal intelligence to respond with."

Last edited by long_lost_corleone; 08/02/08 01:21 PM.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: MaryCas] #502638
08/02/08 01:31 PM
08/02/08 01:31 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay

Who's response are you referring to? Mine or Capo's?

Yours.

Going way back to my original question, "What's the point?", let me rephrase that:
What are the reasons that people get tatooes?

Purely decoration. I'm sure each tattoo has a different meaning to the individual but it's all about your appearance. What's the point of cutting your hair? Or putting on clothes? Or jewelry? What's the point in doing anything that alters your appearance?

You obviously would never get a tattoo and nobody is suggesting that you do.

What I don't understand is why somebody would eat Pop-Tarts cold. But that doesn't really have anything to do with tattoos, unless you take into consideration how hot the middle of a Pop-Tart is and it temporarily alters the inside of your mouth by burning the hell out of it. Reminds me of piercings... only temporary because they heal and the holes close up.

Cold Pop-Tarts?

Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: Blibbleblabble] #502659
08/02/08 07:52 PM
08/02/08 07:52 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
MaryCas, another "changing your body" question. What are your thoughts on circumcision?

Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: Blibbleblabble] #502664
08/03/08 01:48 AM
08/03/08 01:48 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
MaryCas, another "changing your body" question. What are your thoughts on circumcision?

Rarely is that a CHOICE one makes... parents don't tattoo their infants w/o asking them first. tongue wink

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: J Geoff] #502676
08/03/08 10:15 AM
08/03/08 10:15 AM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Rarely is that a CHOICE one makes... parents don't tattoo their infants w/o asking them first. tongue wink

I have my opinion on it, and I'll say I'm glad my parents chose to have me circumcised.

And infants don't get tattooed because it would stretch out weirdly and just look strange, and what if the infant decides they don't like it when they turn 3 or 4?

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: Longneck] #502680
08/03/08 11:05 AM
08/03/08 11:05 AM
Underboss
Underboss
I'm going to have my baby tattooed, but mostly just because I hate children. It'll know not to fuck with me when it's 20, and no girls want anything to do with him because there is a giant penis with razor sharp teeth on his face.

Last edited by long_lost_corleone; 08/03/08 11:06 AM.

Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: J Geoff] #502693
08/03/08 03:40 PM
08/03/08 03:40 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
Originally Posted By: J Geoff

But it permanently alters your body. If we are to believe that God gave us the body the way God wanted it then why would would it be okay to circumcise a baby, especially without it's permission. That even seems worse.... if in fact you believe we shouldn't alter our bodies in any way because:

God gave me some nice skin, so I don't want to mess it up

Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: Blibbleblabble] #502698
08/03/08 03:51 PM
08/03/08 03:51 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Blibble, you're forgetting that sex is evil, and although God gave us some nice skin, the devil gave us even nicer genitals.

Last edited by long_lost_corleone; 08/03/08 04:20 PM.

Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #502701
08/03/08 04:18 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
lol

Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #502702
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

This may seem abit wierd or sad but the following picture i was thinking of getting as a tattoe (minus the trademark sign), im a massive Elvis fan and think this would be the right thing to honour him.. Its the signature of the great man..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: DE NIRO] #502703
08/03/08 04:22 PM
08/03/08 04:22 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Get it on your ass and tell everyone it's real.

Re: Do You Have Any Tattoes? [Re: Blibbleblabble] #502724
08/03/08 08:07 PM
08/03/08 08:07 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands

I try not to think about it. panic

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull