GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Lou_Para), 158 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,428
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,306
Posts1,058,306
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Was Lucy's son really Sonny's son too? #49902
02/29/04 06:11 PM
02/29/04 06:11 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
After reading the question in the other thread regarding the differences between the book and the movie, I got to thinking : In the book after Sonny Dies Lucy Mancini hooks up with the Dr., right? In the Godfather III Lucy returns with her son Vincent, who is Sonny's illegitimate son. If we go by the book, then is there the posibility that Vincent may be Dr. Jules son? Hmmmm, imagine that! The Dr.'s son becoming the head of the Corleone empire.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Was Lucy's son really Sonny's son too? #49903
02/29/04 06:58 PM
02/29/04 06:58 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
I never thought of that before but I guess you could say thats possible. Maybe Dr. Jules was Cuban, explaining Vinnie. Why would Lucy bring him into the family then, to get rich? Good idea though, I'll have to think about that one for a little while.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: Was Lucy's son really Sonny's son too? #49904
02/29/04 07:31 PM
02/29/04 07:31 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
Why would Lucy bring him into the family then, to get rich? Good idea though, I'll have to think about that one for a little while.
It's pretty clear in the film that Connie's the one who wants Vincent in the family.
Anyway, Vincent is a creature of GFIII, not the novel. Since the film doesn't mention Jules, but Michael mentions Sonny ("A temper like his father's"), I never questioned that Sonny was Vincent's father.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Was Lucy's son really Sonny's son too? #49905
02/29/04 09:22 PM
02/29/04 09:22 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by Turnbull:
[b] Why would Lucy bring him into the family then, to get rich? Good idea though, I'll have to think about that one for a little while.
It's pretty clear in the film that Connie's the one who wants Vincent in the family.
Anyway, Vincent is a creature of GFIII, not the novel. Since the film doesn't mention Jules, but Michael mentions Sonny ("A temper like his father's"), I never questioned that Sonny was Vincent's father. [/b]
Turnbull,

I understand exactly what you are saying regarding the GFIII film and the GF book. I also believed that Vincent was Sonny's son. But in relation to the book, and sticking to Puzo's storyline, I thought it an interesting speculation in regards to the novels telling of Dr. Jules relationship with Lucy. Not totally far fetched. As for Connie wanting him in the family, I could not agree more with that assesment as in the movie she was the one who pushed him on Michael and made Vincent take actions when Michael was out of commission.
Keep in mind though that Lucy was definately Connies friend in GFI and Book, as Lucy was in the bridal party. Maybe they remained close over the years.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Was Lucy's son really Sonny's son too? #49906
02/29/04 09:52 PM
02/29/04 09:52 PM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
Vincent is a creature especially made for GF III. I accept as a fact that he is really Sonny's son, even if it's imposible, according to the book.

just like Calo, who died in the explosion that killed Apollonia, and is there in GF III again. even if this is not clear in GF1, in the novel it is.

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Re: Was Lucy's son really Sonny's son too? #49907
03/01/04 01:27 PM
03/01/04 01:27 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b]
[b] Why would Lucy bring him into the family then, to get rich? Good idea though, I'll have to think about that one for a little while.
Anyway, Vincent is a creature of GFIII, not the novel. Since the film doesn't mention Jules, but Michael mentions Sonny ("A temper like his father's"), I never questioned that Sonny was Vincent's father. [/b]
Turnbull,

I understand exactly what you are saying regarding the GFIII film and the GF book. I also believed that Vincent was Sonny's son. But in relation to the book, and sticking to Puzo's storyline, I thought it an interesting speculation in regards to the novels telling of Dr. Jules relationship with Lucy. Not totally far fetched. As for Connie wanting him in the family, I could not agree more with that assesment as in the movie she was the one who pushed him on Michael and made Vincent take actions when Michael was out of commission.
Keep in mind though that Lucy was definately Connies friend in GFI and Book, as Lucy was in the bridal party. Maybe they remained close over the years.

Don Cardi cool [/b]
No, it is certainly not far-fetched, Don Cardi--and you've posted an interesting question that (amazingly) hasn't been posted before! smile Furthermore, nothing is said in the novel about Lucy having Sonny's kid (the chapter catching up with her begins, "Lucy Mancini, a year after Sonny's death, missed him terribly..."). It then spells out that what she misses most is his big schlong. No mention of a son.
But, since Vincent is a creature of the film, I go with the film's dialog. Thanks for posting a new thought!

Re: Was Lucy's son really Sonny's son too? #49908
03/01/04 09:42 PM
03/01/04 09:42 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
you've posted an interesting question that (amazingly) hasn't been posted before! smile Thanks for posting a new thought! [/QB]
Turnbull,

Thank you for the compliment. I do try to think up different topics for our boards. There is nothing that I hate more than when I sign onto the boards and see that a post has NOT been made, especially in the Godfather Trilogy Folder, for several days! It drives me nuts! LOL! Anyway everytime I watch the GF Movies, I am always looking for a hidden angle or twist that can be brought to these boards. It's people like yourself that make these boards interesting. You definately are a book of Knowledge when it comes to our beloved Godfather Movies!
Grazie my friend!

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Re: Was Lucy's son really Sonny's son too? #49909
03/02/04 02:14 AM
03/02/04 02:14 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
One good turn deserves another, Don Cardi. Let's take your interesting and novel question one step further:
Suppose Jules really was Vincent's father--he impregnated Lucy after performing the famous operation. But then he disappears--runs off with another woman, hit by a truck, goes to jail for performing all those then-illegal abortions, whatever. Now Lucy's the unwed mother of an illegitimate child, a bad place for a woman to be in that era.
But she gets a brainwave: Why not claim that Sonny was Vincent's father! That way, the Corleones will have an obligation to him, and to her. Of course, Hagen or anyone could see through that story simply by comparing the dates on Sonny's death certificate and Vincent's birth certificate. But clever Lucy enlists Connie in her scheme! She and Connie were bosom buddies (she was Connie's maid of honor). Connie likes the idea because she can use Vincent as a proxy to assert herself in the Family, after the Carlo fiasco. So Connie adds her influence to the Vincent-is-Sonny's-son story, and it carries. Then we get GFIII...

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull