Against my better judgement not to read books i finally purchased the GF novel. Ive kinda wanted to read it for a while but i very simply dont like books so i didnt find 400 pages with no pics very enticing- specially 'sidering its about a movie i know off by heart. But after hearin y'all talk bout it & listenin to other ppl who read it- i decided ta buy it.

I wanted to save all my q's till i was finished but ive had it for a few weeks and im only at the part where Jonny just won the AAward- so i figured ta start asking.

Most of u on this board say that u didn't care for the extra shit on Fontane but i find it interesting so far
& i know he is based on Frank Sinatra but how much of what happens in the book is true bout Frank(if u can only up to the AAward Part)
*his marital situation
*did he really have a mobDON that influenced and controlld his life like that?
*the AAward thing?
--anything else regarding Johnny/Frank would be notin but greatness

Also a question regardin Nino
*is he based on a real person- did Frank have a friend that he rolled with like that
*or do u think Puzo uses him as some sorta symbolic character in some way or the other

look foward ta readin the rest(1st time i ever said that) & hopefully some of ur replies

One Love